Who would you like to win the World Cup?

soccer football

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: World Cup Fandom (33 members have cast votes)

Who do you want to win the World Cup?

1. France (3 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. England (19 votes [57.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.58%

3. Croatia (11 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

OctavariumDT8 #21 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 11:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48138 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Meh. Statistics and play says France was not better that Croatia, yet they won. A bit of fortune, a bit of acting, a bit of skill and they became the champions.

Nevertheless it was an amazing game. Congrats to both teams!

commodore_torakula #22 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 00:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 93 battles

View PostOctavariumDT8, on Jul 16 2018 - 02:34, said:

Meh. Statistics and play says France was not better that Croatia, yet they won. A bit of fortune, a bit of acting, a bit of skill and they became the champions.

Nevertheless it was an amazing game. Congrats to both teams!

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."   --Mark Twain

OctavariumDT8 #23 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 00:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48138 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Looks like we didn't watch the same game then, because France couldn't do jack sh** in first 55 minutes of the game. After the 55th minute, they started to do some "think-through" actions and attacks.

Also, there was really no foul and Pogba was in offside when the first goal (OG) happened. Then there was the penalty which shouldn't have been one because there was no intention and the referee was indecisive af. They had more luck than skill and it's so obvious that even a baseball players (no offense; talking about differences between two sports) could notice it. 

Go check the media on what some of the famous veteran players and referees have to say about the game. ;)

EDIT: That "Twain's" quote isn't actually his quote. He took it from another guy and made it popular...

Edited by OctavariumDT8, Jul 18 2018 - 00:58.

commodore_torakula #24 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 18:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 93 battles

View PostOctavariumDT8, on Jul 17 2018 - 15:56, said:

Looks like we didn't watch the same game then, because France couldn't do jack sh** in first 55 minutes of the game. After the 55th minute, they started to do some "think-through" actions and attacks.

Also, there was really no foul and Pogba was in offside when the first goal (OG) happened. Then there was the penalty which shouldn't have been one because there was no intention and the referee was indecisive af. They had more luck than skill and it's so obvious that even a baseball players (no offense; talking about differences between two sports) could notice it. 

Go check the media on what some of the famous veteran players and referees have to say about the game. ;)

EDIT: That "Twain's" quote isn't actually his quote. He took it from another guy and made it popular...

Given that France led 4-2 at conclusion of the match, I think your argument regarding what might have happened with the referees and the players is faulty.

As far as Mark Twain goes, his real trouble as an author was that he spewed so much rubbish into his fiction that the century he worked in looks like the land of the tiny-brained folk to us.

OctavariumDT8 #25 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 19:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48138 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View Postcommodore_torakula, on Jul 18 2018 - 18:29, said:

Given that France led 4-2 at conclusion of the match, I think your argument regarding what might have happened with the referees and the players is faulty.

As far as Mark Twain goes, his real trouble as an author was that he spewed so much rubbish into his fiction that the century he worked in looks like the land of the tiny-brained folk to us.

While I disagree with the former,  I do have to agree with the latter. :)

commodore_torakula #26 Posted Jul 20 2018 - 21:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 93 battles

View PostOctavariumDT8, on Jul 18 2018 - 10:24, said:

While I disagree with the former,  I do have to agree with the latter. :)

I'm glad we could agree on something.  I sometimes come across on the forums like I'm inherently combative.  No real disrespect was intended.  And heaven knows, I'm no authority on how soccer is played.

OctavariumDT8 #27 Posted Jul 21 2018 - 01:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48138 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View Postcommodore_torakula, on Jul 20 2018 - 21:42, said:

I'm glad we could agree on something.  I sometimes come across on the forums like I'm inherently combative.  No real disrespect was intended.  And heaven knows, I'm no authority on how soccer is played.

+1

Also tagged with soccer, football

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users