• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Nunya_000 #81 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 00:18

Major

• Players
  • 21033 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post24cups, on Jul 12 2018 - 14:59, said:

Interesting link.I wonder where they get their numbers from. If you scrolled through the countries USA was 53. Behind such video game enthusiasts like Vietnam.

All Google trend does is keep track of the number of times someone Googles something....and only on Google.  It really does not correlate to the popularity of something....only the searches

24cups #82 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 00:45

Major

• Players
  • 23041 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostNunya_000, on Jul 12 2018 - 18:18, said:

All Google trend does is keep track of the number of times someone Googles something....and only on Google.  It really does not correlate to the popularity of something....only the searches

My fault for clicking it on my phone. Didn't realize what it was. That's what IconCharlie calls proof ? Google trends ?

LintinPocket #83 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 06:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 456 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostNunya_000, on Jul 12 2018 - 08:42, said:

I can see why you were chuckling.....the whole article is a complete laugh of inaccurate information.

1. There is nothing in the patent that supports the claim that WRs are kept around 50%.

2. There is nothing in the patent that state we are put on teams with a low % chance to win after we have won too much.

3. I don't think anybody has been banned on the forum for just "speaking out" (but I admit, I could be wrong).  The people that I have seen banned were those that have violate the EULA with the methods and words they used to "speak out".

4. Free to play does not mean a F2P player will or should gain all the same advantages as a player willing to spend money.

5. That article appears to be nothing more than something from a butthurt antagonist.  

Actually there is verbiage that says something like the win rate challenge and the 50% thing. However there is no evidence of any use of that in WoT. When you file a patent you are protecting all the intellectual rights and aspects of the game. DOES not mean you utilize all of it as much of it changes as the development process unfolds. Been a long time since I saw someone post the actual section of the patent that has that verbiage but it does read like they intended to use a system that would stimulate challenges or minimize them to keep the player base involved an entertained in the game. Even if they did it cant negate someones skill overriding the programs attempts to challenge them.

Shortcult #84 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 06:27

Major

• Players
  • 36577 battles
I just do not understand folks that are checking the forums on their phones.  I am not judging, I'm an old man.  This electronic leash doesn't shine all it's goodness to me.  I have in fact, with my phone in my hand, gone back in the house to get a flashlight.  I am from a different age.  

GonnaBBQU #85 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 14:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43743 battles

View Postblagger, on Jul 11 2018 - 13:18, said:

Hi guys I had to queue up twice to get one game 8mins I waited in total to day in a platoon of 2 or is match maker just looking to put us in a rubbish match ? I was going to buy a new tier 8 prem  but I don't think this game has much legs left so I'm going to hold off. I mean they stopped tournaments because of numbers r low on the servers and frontline doesn't seam to be coming back and there seams to be more and more advents to bring players on but still long [edited]queues in any tier just worse in 10s. 

The WOT fangirls will say the game is not dying, but actually it slowly dying and has been for over a year now.

24cups #86 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 14:44

Major

• Players
  • 23041 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGonnaBBQU, on Jul 13 2018 - 08:36, said:

The WOT fangirls will say the game is not dying, but actually it slowly dying and has been for over a year now.

Thank you for the intelligent and well thought out input . You really elevated the level of debate there. 

24cups #87 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 14:46

Major

• Players
  • 23041 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostShortcult, on Jul 13 2018 - 00:27, said:

I just do not understand folks that are checking the forums on their phones.  I am not judging, I'm an old man.  This electronic leash doesn't shine all it's goodness to me.  I have in fact, with my phone in my hand, gone back in the house to get a flashlight.  I am from a different age.  

1) I need my cell phone for my job.

2) I don't have access to a computer on my job.

3) I have a lot of free/downtime on my job.

Anything else Methuselah  ?

Nunya_000 #88 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 15:37

Major

• Players
  • 21033 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostLintinPocket, on Jul 12 2018 - 21:19, said:

Actually there is verbiage that says something like the win rate challenge and the 50% thing. However there is no evidence of any use of that in WoT. When you file a patent you are protecting all the intellectual rights and aspects of the game. DOES not mean you utilize all of it as much of it changes as the development process unfolds. Been a long time since I saw someone post the actual section of the patent that has that verbiage but it does read like they intended to use a system that would stimulate challenges or minimize them to keep the player base involved an entertained in the game. Even if they did it cant negate someones skill overriding the programs attempts to challenge them.

Actually, the verbiage states that a player may have a higher chance at being low tier if they have been winning and high tier if they have been losing.  Being high tier or low  tier does not dictate whether a player wins or loses.  Unfortunately, some people will take that paragraph from the patent and claim that it explains a system where the skill level on our teams is decided in order to pre-ordain a win or a loss......something the patent does not even imply.

It does mention that it is ideal if player had close to a 50% WR, but it does not state any method to attempt to keep players at 50% WR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users