BabA_YA6A #61 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 00:12

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jul 12 2018 - 07:03, said:

Easy explanation

1.  Game is old

2.  3/5/7 MM killed off about 1/3 of the NA server in one amazingly awesome update

3.  Game still has most of the problems it has had ever since I started

4.  In tier tank balance is not as good as it should be, not to mention balance between higher and lower tiers which is even worse

5.  Game is really hard for new players to get into

I could add a few more major problems but I think you get the idea.

Your five highlights are the issue that this game is slowly but surely degrading.

Twenty maps removed over the last three years. Where are the replacement maps???

Province was returned to play up to tier X to have chai sniping campo mania matches.

Glacier was introduced to the game and the map lay out is absolute utter garbage.

Wargaming is creating and selling premium tanks like they going out of stile and ignoring their (paying) customers want's/ needs.

But the worst part is that nobody at wargaming seem to care about the player population!

LintinPocket #62 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 00:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 461 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostWOLPERTINGER_, on Jul 11 2018 - 11:52, said:

So how would you explain that most of the graph's are on the lowest number ever since the game was introduced in 2011.

Same as any game that is this old. Nothing to see there period.

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jul 11 2018 - 17:03, said:

Easy explanation

1.  Game is old

2.  3/5/7 MM killed off about 1/3 of the NA server in one amazingly awesome update

The number 2 is not a verified actual number and I do not think its true.

I can say to all of you that are debating this topic. I assume not a single one of you have extensive experience running a international, online gaming company so your speculations and projections are based on no actual experience.

However with no experience myself in international marketing and development I can for sure say the game will last until the profits enter the negative spread sheet. At that point I can safely say it will go on into the historical annuals of online gaming as one of the most successful games ever developed.

WangOnTheLoose #63 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 00:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 26428 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostWOLPERTINGER_, on Jul 11 2018 - 18:12, said:

Your five highlights are the issue that this game is slowly but surely degrading.

Twenty maps removed over the last three years. Where are the replacement maps???

Province was returned to play up to tier X to have chai sniping campo mania matches.

Glacier was introduced to the game and the map lay out is absolute utter garbage.

Wargaming is creating and selling premium tanks like they going out of stile and ignoring their (paying) customers want's/ needs.

But the worst part is that nobody at wargaming seem to care about the player population!

Mostly agree just not sure if it comes down to not caring about what players want or being incompetent.  Neither one is good but I doubt anyone would intentionally kill their cash cow \ job.  Mostly I think it comes down to arrogance and believing that they know better than everyone else.

They should have had more maps ready but they didn't.  I am guessing they will bring out the two new maps at the end of the summer or the fall and they will slowly start filling in the old maps as they get updated.  Very dumb not to have had more of the old maps ready.  Any of them that aren't suitable for high tier play should be given limitations on what tiers can see the map.

Overall I think 9.18 caused serious damage to the game and they thought the new graphics would fix the problem.  Basically they didn't even get a meaningful bump in player numbers with 1.0 because while they prettied the game up they didn't fix any of the actual issues.  Hopefully though Frontline is a sign of a turn around as it was finally something different AND fun.  Time will tell but I would be shocked if they shut down the NA server in the next 3 years.  Eventually when they do we will merge with the EU server farm and we will see what happens from there.

Overall while I get frustrated with some of the problems with the game I still have fun so I continue to play.  Once that changes I will move on having had a great run and lots of fun.  I don't see the need for the incessant whiners who try and wreck other peoples fun.

WangOnTheLoose #64 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 00:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 26428 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostLintinPocket, on Jul 11 2018 - 18:37, said:

Same as any game that is this old. Nothing to see there period.

The number 2 is not a verified actual number and I do not think its true.

I can say to all of you that are debating this topic. I assume not a single one of you have extensive experience running a international, online gaming company so your speculations and projections are based on no actual experience.

However with no experience myself in international marketing and development I can for sure say the game will last until the profits enter the negative spread sheet. At that point I can safely say it will go on into the historical annuals of online gaming as one of the most successful games ever developed.

Except it is.  Before 9.18, which implemented 3/5/7, we routinely saw 30k+ players on during prime time.  Now we get lucky to get over 25k+ with 20-22k being the normal non-summer number.  So very much 1/3 of the player base died within a month of 9.18.  It is what it is.  Before that we slowly bled another 4-5k players due to other issues but 9.18 was a player killer.  There really isn't any arguing with that.

docroberts #65 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 01:15

Captain

• Players
  • 19211 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jul 11 2018 - 17:40, said:

Except it is.  Before 9.18, which implemented 3/5/7, we routinely saw 30k+ players on during prime time.  Now we get lucky to get over 25k+ with 20-22k being the normal non-summer number.  So very much 1/3 of the player base died within a month of 9.18.  It is what it is.  Before that we slowly bled another 4-5k players due to other issues but 9.18 was a player killer.  There really isn't any arguing with that.

+1 . But the players lost , mostly were the paying customers at that . NA server is now rated at the most Free to Play Customers this year . So in a business sense why invest in the NA server . Hence one reason we lost two servers and consolidated offices and personnel . But 9.18 was the breaking point for me and the server merger .  9.18 alone cost  me over 2 mill in silver resupplying tanks and rebuying equipment and ammo . And that was after the reimbursement of silver . Less than 16k ppl on right now , so that's a drop in over 10 K ppl lost since the merger  and 3x that two years ago at least maybe 2 1/2 . 

MagillaGuerilla #66 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 01:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 25114 battles

View Postdocroberts, on Jul 12 2018 - 01:15, said:

+1 . But the players lost , mostly were the paying customers at that . NA server is now rated at the most Free to Play Customers this year . So in a business sense why invest in the NA server . Hence one reason we lost two servers and consolidated offices and personnel . But 9.18 was the breaking point for me and the server merger .  9.18 alone cost  me over 2 mill in silver resupplying tanks and rebuying equipment and ammo . And that was after the reimbursement of silver . Less than 16k ppl on right now , so that's a drop in over 10 K ppl lost since the merger  and 3x that two years ago at least maybe 2 1/2 . 

Yeah 9.18 did it for me. I've gone from a couple of dozen matches a day to a couple of dozen a week, if I even bother to play. Whatever, there are other things to do, other games to play.

Flarvin #67 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 52341 battles

View Postdocroberts, on Jul 11 2018 - 19:15, said:

But the players lost , mostly were the paying customers at that 

Do you have data to support that claim? 

docroberts #68 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 03:20

Captain

• Players
  • 19211 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Here is another screwing by WGing that was posted a time ago back in October 7 2017 , just adds to another thing the Ticks ppl off ::::::::::::

Wargaming began offering x5 XP missions in bundles for the NA server within the past year.  However there was a bug with the system.  If you bought a tank or tank bundle with x5 XP missions included then bought another tank or tank bundle with x5 XP missions at a later date, the new purchase invalidated any previous x5 XP mission you had, even if it was only a week or two between purchases.  There was never an expiration date for the x5 XP mission listed on the web page about the bundle, on the premium shop bundle page, or in the game under missions.

After players started complaining about the issue, Wargaming North America started saying there is an 80 day after purchase expiration date on the missions.  However, there was never an expiration date for the x5 XP mission listed on the web page about the bundle, on the premium shop bundle page, or in the game under missions.  

For me, the missions stopped working 6 or 7 weeks after the purchase of a bundle according to Wargaming support.  Support told me that the issue will be fixed in a future patch.  However they can't say when the issue will be fixed.

Many players bought bundles for the x5 XP missions either for getting free XP or for crew training.  Now we can't use the missions and Wargaming is telling some players the missions expired and telling others that its broken and there is no estimated date on when they will be fixed.

I'd suggest not purchasing any bundle with x5 XP until the issue is fixed.

docroberts #69 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 03:38

Captain

• Players
  • 19211 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Heres an old article on the Rip Off Report and gives me a bit of a chuckle lol :::::::

Wargaming's World of Tanks uses a software patent in its game match maker which keeps players win rates @ 50%, despite how hard you may play as a single player in the game.  The outcomes of the games (win or loss of matches) are adjusted accordingly throught the Match Maker to give you a "low % chance of a win outcome".  Also, RNG (Random Numbers Generator, which controls armor penetration chances can be maniuplated to allow or not allow your shells to penetrate armor.  Tanks are Nerfed (adjusted/changed) at their discretion, even the ones you have paid real money for.

This is "Deceptive, and would be considered Fradulent" when it comes to product laws.  They also will not respond to their EULA agreement when contacted on arbitration matters to settle disuptes in their overseas offices.  If you press the cutomer service, you will received patent copy, and paste responses in reply.  If you try to voice your concerns on their Official Forum site, you will be suspended, RO'd, or even banned for trying to speak out about certain issues related to the game that they deem not to be openly discussed.  Clan members, and staff employees will unfairly insult, harrass, bully, you and commit libel remarks toward you to silence you, and then ban you, to stifle you from talking about the issues surrounding the game they do not want discussed.  The Forum site is run like a "police state."

If you press suppot to hard for balance and fairness too hard the will ask you to contact an attorney, and further derrid you from getting answers to the issues involving why the game operates the way that it does?

There are always update patch issues which keep the game from running smothly Ex: Lag/ping issues, game mechanics issues, many Bot tanks they refuse to resolve the problem on, because they make money from the Bots, there is much player frustration on many issues too numerous to even list.  Request for a more fair skilled base match maker for better matches is always meet with, "no you cannot".  There are frequent losing streaks, and stat issues with the stat system in the game.  Favoritism is show toward most major clans over the vast majority of average pub players.  There are issues about "illegal mods" that are used by players in the game also.

The player community on the forum site is very rude, self absorbed, self centered, offensive in a very Troll like manner, they bully on other members of the community, and are allowed to get away with it, especially if it favors a wargaming position, and therefore infractions are allowed to be compounded upon other players who do not agree.

They adverstise as a free-to-play game, however this is rather deceptive. Eventually soon you learn to get anywhere in the game you will eventually have to spend some money eventually to gain any real progress in the game to compete.  You would be well advised to not trust, or hold your breath on any promises they make about game fixes, or certain changes promised to fix some of these issues.  You maybe disappointed in the long term?

SearsRoebuckandCompany #70 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 04:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10473 battles

View Postblagger, on Jul 11 2018 - 09:22, said:

I wonder if we will start to see wot bots if the numbers drop more lol

That might improve gameplay!

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #71 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 424 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

View PostWOLPERTINGER_, on Jul 12 2018 - 00:12, said:

game population is not as important as quality of said population. and that has gone beyond [edited]

samael75 #72 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 06:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21110 battles

You guys still cant get your heads around of idea how NA server is irrelevant to WG. Its really amusing.

You are like those ugly girls that didnt make it to a party.

Nobody cares or even notice,cos hot chicks are here already.(RU&EU)

BabA_YA6A #73 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 13:00

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on Jul 12 2018 - 12:40, said:

game population is not as important as quality of said population. and that has gone beyond [edited]

You played 423 matches on this account and posted 691 threads on the forum in the last three and a half years.

So I really must wonder what is more important to you on World of Tanks?

24cups #74 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:00

Major

• Players
  • 23190 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostUnicorn_, on Jul 11 2018 - 18:00, said:

It's not worth playing that's for sure.

Just commenting on.....

Nunya_000 #75 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 21072 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postdocroberts, on Jul 11 2018 - 18:38, said:

Heres an old article on the Rip Off Report and gives me a bit of a chuckle lol :::::::

Wargaming's World of Tanks uses a software patent in its game match maker which keeps players win rates @ 50%, despite how hard you may play as a single player in the game.  The outcomes of the games (win or loss of matches) are adjusted accordingly throught the Match Maker to give you a "low % chance of a win outcome".  Also, RNG (Random Numbers Generator, which controls armor penetration chances can be maniuplated to allow or not allow your shells to penetrate armor.  Tanks are Nerfed (adjusted/changed) at their discretion, even the ones you have paid real money for.

This is "Deceptive, and would be considered Fradulent" when it comes to product laws.  They also will not respond to their EULA agreement when contacted on arbitration matters to settle disuptes in their overseas offices.  If you press the cutomer service, you will received patent copy, and paste responses in reply.  If you try to voice your concerns on their Official Forum site, you will be suspended, RO'd, or even banned for trying to speak out about certain issues related to the game that they deem not to be openly discussed.  Clan members, and staff employees will unfairly insult, harrass, bully, you and commit libel remarks toward you to silence you, and then ban you, to stifle you from talking about the issues surrounding the game they do not want discussed.  The Forum site is run like a "police state."

If you press suppot to hard for balance and fairness too hard the will ask you to contact an attorney, and further derrid you from getting answers to the issues involving why the game operates the way that it does?

There are always update patch issues which keep the game from running smothly Ex: Lag/ping issues, game mechanics issues, many Bot tanks they refuse to resolve the problem on, because they make money from the Bots, there is much player frustration on many issues too numerous to even list.  Request for a more fair skilled base match maker for better matches is always meet with, "no you cannot".  There are frequent losing streaks, and stat issues with the stat system in the game.  Favoritism is show toward most major clans over the vast majority of average pub players.  There are issues about "illegal mods" that are used by players in the game also.

The player community on the forum site is very rude, self absorbed, self centered, offensive in a very Troll like manner, they bully on other members of the community, and are allowed to get away with it, especially if it favors a wargaming position, and therefore infractions are allowed to be compounded upon other players who do not agree.

They adverstise as a free-to-play game, however this is rather deceptive. Eventually soon you learn to get anywhere in the game you will eventually have to spend some money eventually to gain any real progress in the game to compete.  You would be well advised to not trust, or hold your breath on any promises they make about game fixes, or certain changes promised to fix some of these issues.  You maybe disappointed in the long term?

I can see why you were chuckling.....the whole article is a complete laugh of inaccurate information.

1. There is nothing in the patent that supports the claim that WRs are kept around 50%.

2. There is nothing in the patent that state we are put on teams with a low % chance to win after we have won too much.

3. I don't think anybody has been banned on the forum for just "speaking out" (but I admit, I could be wrong).  The people that I have seen banned were those that have violate the EULA with the methods and words they used to "speak out".

4. Free to play does not mean a F2P player will or should gain all the same advantages as a player willing to spend money.

5. That article appears to be nothing more than something from a butthurt antagonist.  

cloudwalkr #76 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54825 battles

View Postdocroberts, on Jul 12 2018 - 03:38, said:

What a reporter.

Whoever wrote that article wouldn't pass a High School writing class.

Basically, what Nunya said.

OLDIRTYBOMBER #77 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 19:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10230 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 11 2018 - 15:47, said:

Make sure you are not on the Latam Server. Sometimes the Auto will pick that server where you can throw a Turkey Day feast before getting into a battle. 

Sometime about 20 years ago online games allowed players to pre-select a default sever to login to. :trollface:

Vextron #78 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 19:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22365 battles

yEp

Edited by Vextron, Jul 12 2018 - 20:50.

Icon_Charlie #79 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 14188 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View Postsamael75, on Jul 11 2018 - 21:41, said:

You guys still cant get your heads around of idea how NA server is irrelevant to WG. Its really amusing.

You are like those ugly girls that didnt make it to a party.

Nobody cares or even notice,cos hot chicks are here already.(RU&EU)

https://trends.googl...ll&q=/m/0c03cdz

Globlal Fanboi... Global numbers on the decline of the game...  WHICH INCLUDES RU AND EU SERVERS....

24cups #80 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 23190 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Interesting link.I wonder where they get their numbers from. If you scrolled through the countries USA was 53. Behind such video game enthusiasts like Vietnam.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users