The Real Problem with WoT

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

MrBigNose #1 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 16:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13 battles

Is it arty, gold rounds, the match maker, bad map designs or poor fire-power/armor/weak spot balance? I think they could fix all these problems and the game-play would still be bad in randoms. Why? Watch this replay and observe what the enemy players did and you can take a guess what kinds of service records these players have. They do this almost every battle. It ruins random battle game-play. Sure, it can be fun to farm them but what about when you have your team stacked with them. The sad thing is they seem to make up the majority of players in random battles so chances are, the match will be flooded with these useless wastes of a team slot. You can fix game mechanics but you can't fix the stupids that play the game:

replay

Edited by MrBigNose, Jul 11 2018 - 16:16.

Gunadie #2 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 39851 battles

Just by looking at the game summery it shows the biggest problem is the unbalanced match maker regardless of the deployment 

strategy (or lack of) by the other team.

Bad tank balance inner tier!

Yes, I also agree that one of the biggest (if not the biggest) is the amount of inexperienced players that are allow to elevate through the tiers

at an accelerated pace by a morphed game design based on the desire to harvest as much cash from the player base as possible,

regardless of the effect and outcome one the game and its enjoyment for everyone.

But with only 13 battles how would you, or could you, be able to know what the problem with the game is ?

Knagar #3 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 17:02

Captain

• Players
  • 20278 battles

View PostGunadie, on Jul 11 2018 - 10:59, said:

Just by looking at the game summery it shows the biggest problem is the unbalanced match maker regardless of the deployment 

strategy (or lack of) by the other team.

No. If people simply for better the matches would be more even. Has nothing to do with matchmaker.

Gunadie #4 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 39851 battles

View PostKnagar, on Jul 11 2018 - 08:02, said:

No. If people simply for better the matches would be more even. Has nothing to do with matchmaker.

This statement of yours is nonsensical!

One side is heavy tank weighted and the other side would struggle with this, especially at this low tier game level, where players are not fully versed in tanks strengths, weaknesses or game strategies when playing them.

The O-I, Challenger and Tiger cleaned up here with the P.43 probably spotting for them!

pafman #5 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 17:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33965 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

if people were not allowed to fail up the lines this wouldn't be an issue. i am not saying you have to be a great player to play 8-9-10, but let's leave the sub 5k pr guys below tier 8. there is no need for the willful bad to f-up competitive play. this WILL force the majority of them to shore up their lazy slop to unlock the higher tiers.

the guys who think it's 1 vs 15 hate this idea, less scrubs = less stats.

scrubs hate this idea for obvious reasons.  

Gunadie #6 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 17:35

Major

• Players
  • 39851 battles

View Postpafman, on Jul 11 2018 - 08:30, said:

if people were not allowed to fail up the lines this wouldn't be an issue. i am not saying you have to be a great player to play 8-9-10, but let's leave the sub 5k pr guys below tier 8. there is no need for the willful bad to f-up competitive play. this WILL force the majority of them to shore up their lazy slop to unlock the higher tiers.

I agree with you 100%

But I think there should be some sort of set criteria for each tier advancement to the next level,

whether its a PR based or some other formula.

Blackeagle902 #7 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 18:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20648 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

View Postpafman, on Jul 11 2018 - 17:30, said:

That would be totally unfair and discriminative against those players. They cannot play because they are not above 5K PR. I am not and if I want to play T9, I have that chance to do so.  You just have to know when you are out of your league and stop at a certain tier.   

goldfinger_555 #8 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 18:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26204 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
So who decides what the criteria is for advancing to the next tier? One of the elitist here on the forum? No thanks. For how bad some think the game is currently (and yet they still play) it could be a lot worse.

Blackeagle902 #9 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 18:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20648 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Jul 11 2018 - 18:09, said:

So who decides what the criteria is for advancing to the next tier? One of the elitist here on the forum? No thanks. For how bad some think the game is currently (and yet they still play) it could be a lot worse.

Amen!

Fireplace4 #10 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29450 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
Just my two cents on the general idea of lopsided matches: remember that these things snowball. If one guy dies on one team that's one less gun and one less target to draw fire making it easier for the next guy to die. Each death gives a disadvantage to their team and an advantage to the other team which is why lopsided games happen. Let's say one team picks up 3 kills quickly, you can't expect each of the 12 remaining tanks at this stage to each kill 1 tank and do their health in damage because each one is now fighting against an average of 1.25 enemies. Just keep that in mind

Ded_man #11 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 18:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24164 battles
  • [-OGR-] -OGR-

View PostGunadie, on Jul 11 2018 - 10:59, said:

But with only 13 battles how would you, or could you, be able to know what the problem with the game is ?

Well if you look at the name in the replay, clearly you can see this is Doomslinger's alt (whether purposefully posted from or by accident).

I don't see anything wrong with the composition though. That map doesn't really favor heavies in a way that a bottom tier O-I can carry like that. I suspect, the mediums and lights decided to camp, helping to take their assets out of the game and the TD's couldn't put in work. Though I haven't watched the replay, it's easy to see who was the aggressor and who were not since barely anyone on the losing team detected much of anything and distance traveled.

Edited by Ded_man, Jul 11 2018 - 18:53.

BillT #12 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 18:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Postpafman, on Jul 11 2018 - 11:30, said:

if people were not allowed to fail up the lines this wouldn't be an issue. i am not saying you have to be a great player to play 8-9-10, but let's leave the sub 5k pr guys below tier 8 

What percentage of players would you thus exclude from high-tier play?  5%? 20%?  50%?  Every player you exclude has a very good reason to stop spending money on the game, and even to quit, because they aren't allowed to enjoy high-tier content.  I think that by the time you make high tier selective enough to make you happy, you'll chase away enough customers for the game to fail.

SwedishEOD #13 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 19:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 57428 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postpafman, on Jul 11 2018 - 17:30, said:

The problem with this reasoning is that we consider randoms to be a competitive environment, it's not , it's for grinding out tanklines and nothing else. We the playerbase has on our own initiative decided that randoms is the end all be all and stats in randoms are what defines you as a good player.

SRozell #14 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 19:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30342 battles

View Postpafman, on Jul 11 2018 - 16:30, said:

Perfect way to push already low population numbers even lower. The problem is people who just start the game buy tier 8 p2w tanks shoot p2w ammo muddle their way into tier 9 and 10 without actually having to ever learn how to team play tanks. Not that it would matter since WG can't seem to or won't balance grinding lines anyways, it's going to happen. You want competitive play then I suggest you try a different game because your never going to have competitive play in WoT. The game is not designed around competitive play it's designed around squeezing ever dollar they can out of the player base.

pafman #15 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 20:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33965 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostSwedishEOD, on Jul 11 2018 - 19:09, said:

The problem with this reasoning is that we consider randoms to be a competitive environment, it's not , it's for grinding out tanklines and nothing else. We the playerbase has on our own initiative decided that randoms is the end all be all and stats in randoms are what defines you as a good player.

1st point: maybe for you it is but it's not for me. i have the tanks i want, i do not grind and i play competitively. 

2nd: so what is a "good player" then?  is it someone who consistently exploits the current meta or op tanks?

my point is, if you are carrying a 4k pr after 20k battles it's because you continually do stupid crapand you don't care. this is fine in the lower tiers. this garbage doesn't need to be in the upper tiers. this ISN'T a matter of skill or lack there of. 

also i should have prefaced my original post with "it is far too late to do anything now but ..."

i realize that this can't be done now. it had to be implemented with the start of the game or close to it.

SpamNCan #16 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 20:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 11712 battles
  • [TAW] TAW
I would have gone with crappy developers who just don't care.

Flarvin #17 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 50439 battles

View PostSwedishEOD, on Jul 11 2018 - 13:09, said:

This. 

Flarvin #18 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 21:11

Major

• Players
  • 50439 battles

View Postpafman, on Jul 11 2018 - 14:47, said:

1st point: maybe for you it is but it's not for me. i have the tanks i want, i do not grind and i play competitively. 

Then that is your problem. 

Don’t expect others to feel as you do. WG defines what is allowed in random battles, not you. 

So I will continue to play for fun. lol

SpamNCan #19 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 21:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 11712 battles
  • [TAW] TAW

No part of this game can be called 'competitive'. Name any other competitive game that allows one player a huge advantage over another because they played that character more.

-My AWP in CS shoots faster than yours because I used it more.

-My McCree is more accurate because I have improved sights on my 6 shooter.

-I run faster in PubG because I have more wins than you.

WoTs vehicle add-ons,crew skills and advanced directives prevent it from ever being so. 

U3S7O_WOL #20 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 21:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 28533 battles

First: The way I see it is that there is very little actual "team work" in the game.  If you teach someone your "tricks and tips" then they use them against you in battle.  If you HAD to choose a country/team when you made your account then there would be more people helping others to win.

Second: People play for XP and credits, fair enough, but the way XP is given out encourages people to sit in the back and Stat Pad. Play the Vulture and take only the one-shot kills.  You get NO XP for shooting a building so your team mate can shoot the enemy behind it, you just get to pay for the shell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users