Jump to content


My Apologies to Wargaming


  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

ArmorStorm #21 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 03:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 35218 battles
  • 7,641
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jul 11 2018 - 17:00, said:

Back from a 24 hour ban for transgressing the forum rules - my humblest apologies to Wargaming!.... :(

 

Anyway, it's given me time to reflect on the error of my way and contemplate on what is really important in this game. Firstly, I have resolved to definitly improve my game, My stats are atrocious and I have decided to include my signature image in all my posts to remind me just how bad they are and save others the time in looking them up. Please help me to improve and become a better player.

 

BUT....  in order enjoying a fairer game, I still think that skill based machmaking is the way to go and it's not just me that thinks so....

 

 

 

 

You DO know that it is pretty easy to enter your name on a stat site to see that you have photoshopped your signature, RIGHT?  

JAFT:  Just Another Failing (or other term of your choice) Troll.

 

No, SBMM isn't needed and wouldn't help you anyway.



SporkBoy #22 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 36004 battles
  • 624
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
SBMM is one of those things that sounds good but any real thought on the matter shows it simply cannot work.

One must be exquisitely clear on exactly the problem to be solved. "MM sucks" is not a clear problem statement.

samael75 #23 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21107 battles
  • 312
  • [SEEL6] SEEL6
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013

View PostMfezi, on Jul 11 2018 - 23:00, said:

Back from a 24 hour ban for transgressing the forum rules - my humblest apologies to Wargaming!.... :(

 

Anyway, it's given me time to reflect on the error of my way and contemplate on what is really important in this game. Firstly, I have resolved to definitly improve my game, My stats are atrocious and I have decided to include my signature image in all my posts to remind me just how bad they are and save others the time in looking them up. Please help me to improve and become a better player.

 

BUT....  in order enjoying a fairer game, I still think that skill based machmaking is the way to go and it's not just me that thinks so....

 

 

 

 

Aaaah,you finally noticed that black volga outside your house.

_Kradok_ #24 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:40

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28225 battles
  • 1,086
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostHurk, on Jul 11 2018 - 19:21, said:

 

I love this one!  So damn true

 



Really_Fuzzy_ #25 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:52

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 348 battles
  • 3
  • [_VIP_] _VIP_
  • Member since:
    03-20-2016

View Postspud_tuber, on Jul 12 2018 - 00:22, said:

Can we skip the week, and go straight to perma? It's clear he has no interest in improving his behavior.

 

 

True, but you have to admit that he's a persistent little cuss, no?



samael75 #26 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 06:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21107 battles
  • 312
  • [SEEL6] SEEL6
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013

View PostReally_Fuzzy_, on Jul 12 2018 - 04:52, said:

 

 

True, but you have to admit that he's a persistent little cuss, no?

 

Yes he is.Could you imagine his stats if he put all that energy into improving instead of whining?

eisen1973 #27 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 07:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 55137 battles
  • 2,416
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_
  • Member since:
    11-04-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jul 11 2018 - 18:00, said:

Back from a 24 hour ban for transgressing the forum rules - my humblest apologies to Wargaming!.... :(

 

Anyway, it's given me time to reflect on the error of my way and contemplate on what is really important in this game. Firstly, I have resolved to definitly improve my game, My stats are atrocious and I have decided to include my signature image in all my posts to remind me just how bad they are and save others the time in looking them up. Please help me to improve and become a better player.

 

BUT....  in order enjoying a fairer game, I still think that skill based machmaking is the way to go and it's not just me that thinks so....

 

 

 

 

Acknowledging your mistakes is a good signal of maturity. I wish my friends banned for using illegal mods would have had this reaction instead of acting like spoiling kids.

DrWho_ #28 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 11:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 13312 battles
  • 888
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View Posteisen1973, on Jul 12 2018 - 07:57, said:

 

Acknowledging your mistakes is a good signal of maturity. I wish my friends banned for using illegal mods would have had this reaction instead of acting like spoiling kids.

 

Except that he did no such thing when you look at his second post. All he really did was apologizing for being banned, not the actions that led to said ban

 

It's difficult to argue in favour of adding some sort of skill weighting to MM when you have players like this on your side .....



Mfezi #29 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 12:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18666 battles
  • 861
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View PostArmorStorm, on Jul 12 2018 - 04:39, said:

 

You DO know that it is pretty easy to enter your name on a stat site to see that you have photoshopped your signature, RIGHT?  

JAFT:  Just Another Failing (or other term of your choice) Troll.

 

No, SBMM isn't needed and wouldn't help you anyway.

 

Sig comes straight from vbaddict - pretty much all my recent games are there and you are welcome to watch the replays..... :)

Edited by Mfezi, Jul 12 2018 - 12:03.


Knagar #30 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 12:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20321 battles
  • 1,562
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jul 11 2018 - 18:00, said:

 

BUT....  in order enjoying a fairer game, I still think that skill based machmaking is the way to go and it's not just me that thinks so....

 

 

The argument against SBMM is a logical one. 

 

It would make queue times for anyone that cares about playing well a nightmare.

 

Sure you have options, 1,000 WN8 and up get put into games. That would keep the queue times down for them. People below get separated in say 200 increments.

 

That had it's flaws as people with 1k WN8 will complain that they will be against people with 2k. If you start to separate the uppers then you are back to queue times. Hardly fair to people that care.

 

Besides that really doesn't matter. People will always find something to complain about. They could develop a perfect MM system and people would complain.



WangOnTheLoose #31 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 13:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25704 battles
  • 2,082
  • [TG] TG
  • Member since:
    09-06-2014

View Posteisen1973, on Jul 12 2018 - 01:57, said:

 

Acknowledging your mistakes is a good signal of maturity. I wish my friends banned for using illegal mods would have had this reaction instead of acting like spoiling kids.

 

Except he was being sarcastic..... you should really have read his second post.  He isn't planning on changing.

Mfezi #32 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18666 battles
  • 861
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View PostKnagar, on Jul 12 2018 - 13:50, said:

 

The argument against SBMM is a logical one. 

 

It would make queue times for anyone that cares about playing well a nightmare.

 

Sure you have options, 1,000 WN8 and up get put into games. That would keep the queue times down for them. People below get separated in say 200 increments.

 

That had it's flaws as people with 1k WN8 will complain that they will be against people with 2k. If you start to separate the uppers then you are back to queue times. Hardly fair to people that care.

 

Besides that really doesn't matter. People will always find something to complain about. They could develop a perfect MM system and people would complain.

 

I don't think so - you are complicating the whole issue!....

MM already does a pretty good job of balancing everything else and it would take very little additional processing time to finish off by ensuring teams are balanced skill-wise using WG's own rating system.

In fact I finished it off for them by taking the output from MM, putting it through a simple spreadsheet sort then reallocating teams using the sorted list. Obviously, this is not optimized, but it certainly produces more balanced teams without affecting randomness. 

The original sum of ratings per side was 75264 vs 102322 compared with what you see below 95265 vs 82321. The 'Side' field Red + Green, indicates the swaps that were made.

 

There are other reasons why players here reject SBMM and my feeling is that they a

Tank Tier WGR Side   Tank Tier WGR Side
H 10 8689 R   H 10 9536 R
H 10 4909 G   H 10 5493 G
TD 10 4735 G   TD 10 4719 R
H 9 7620 G   H 9 7166 R
L 9 8450 R   L 9 5252 G
L 9 4330 G   M 9 3047 G
M 9 9705 R   SPG 9 8749 R
TD 9 5619 G   TD 9 3053 R
H 8 5723 R   H 8 3153 G
M 8 6332 G   L 8 6130 R
M 8 4644 R   M 8 4939 R
SPG 8 5017 G   M 8 2724 G
TD 8 7409 G   TD 8 7347 R
TD 8 7139 R   TD 8 6333 R
TD 8 4944 G   TD 8 4680 G
TOTAL   95265         82321  


ArmorStorm #33 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 35218 battles
  • 7,641
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jul 12 2018 - 05:00, said:

 

Sig comes straight from vbaddict - pretty much all my recent games are there and you are welcome to watch the replays..... :)

 

Except those aren't YOUR stats.  They are from a RU account with your same name.  Back to school troll.

Mfezi #34 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:51

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18666 battles
  • 861
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View PostArmorStorm, on Jul 12 2018 - 15:28, said:

 

Except those aren't YOUR stats.  They are from a RU account with your same name.  Back to school troll.

 

I will check it out - how is it possible to have to have two accounts with the same name unless capital letters are significant?....

WangOnTheLoose #35 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:55

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25704 battles
  • 2,082
  • [TG] TG
  • Member since:
    09-06-2014

View PostMfezi, on Jul 12 2018 - 08:51, said:

 

I will check it out - how is it possible to have to have two accounts with the same name unless capital letters are significant?....

 

Its possible because it is a different server........  but yeah those aren't your stats at all.

Nunya_000 #36 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 21033 battles
  • 12,674
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostMfezi, on Jul 12 2018 - 05:51, said:

 

I will check it out - how is it possible to have to have two accounts with the same name unless capital letters are significant?....

 

If you use vbaddict, you must upload you battles (dossier) to vbaddict first.  The signature image will only show stats for those battle uploaded.  I would suggest that you do not use vbaddict unless you are fairly committed to constantly upload you battles.

 

And Wang is correct, you grabbed the account from the RU user.  Yours is blank....probably because you have not upload any battles.



Mfezi #37 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:43

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18666 battles
  • 861
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View PostArmorStorm, on Jul 12 2018 - 15:28, said:

 

Except those aren't YOUR stats.  They are from a RU account with your same name.  Back to school troll.

 

OK, so I use ADU to upload my data to vBAddict. I can access my profile from the ADU window by clicking on top left button.....

Posted Image

 

This brings me to my profile window Profile Summary for Mfezi.worldoftanks.ru. All the options down the left hand side contain my stats, my, progress, my battle history and my replays so WHY should my signature contain somebody else's stats? 

 

I think that you should check your facts before you try to discredit somebody and I think that an apology is in order or are you NOT man enough to admit when you are wrong?

 

Posted Image



24cups #38 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 22964 battles
  • 2,247
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013
WoTLabs shows recent wn8 468 and recent WR 46.19%.
Can't see signature on my phone. Curious what was posted sig?

Nunya_000 #39 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 21033 battles
  • 12,674
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostMfezi, on Jul 12 2018 - 06:43, said:

 

Profile Summary for Mfezi.worldoftanks.ru.

 

notice those 2 little letters at the end?  "ru".  That is from the RU server.

 

 

 

 



ArmorStorm #40 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 35218 battles
  • 7,641
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jul 12 2018 - 08:43, said:

 

OK, so I use ADU to upload my data to vBAddict. I can access my profile from the ADU window by clicking on top left button.....

Posted Image

 

This brings me to my profile window Profile Summary for Mfezi.worldoftanks.ru. All the options down the left hand side contain my stats, my, progress, my battle history and my replays so WHY should my signature contain somebody else's stats? 

 

I think that you should check your facts before you try to discredit somebody and I think that an apology is in order or are you NOT man enough to admit when you are wrong?

 

Posted Image

 

We aren’t on the RU server cluster genius.  Those stats were generated by someone who played on the Russian server.  

 

Oh, and I absolutely apologize when I’m wrong snowflake, but I have to be wrong first. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users