• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

ThePigSheFlies #21 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 63013 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 12 2018 - 15:11, said:

Where have you been for the past few months? I'm posting about every map. It has nothing to do with sweeping anything under the rug.

More along the lines of "Hey, I have a lot of trouble with this map - let me ask some good players what they do to make it work for them and share it with the community in case we have any new players that might benefit from a guide." 

good games on bad maps don't make bad maps into good maps...

http://wotreplays.eu...etto_m35_mod_46

I hated literally every second spent in the above game, and honestly would have had more fun driving off of the bridge. 

but you guys sorta frown on that unless one can legit use it as a tactic like so:  https://streamable.com/0zgsd

DomoSapien #22 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 17:59

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13276 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSmokeTheDestroyer563, on Jul 12 2018 - 18:08, said:

Well DOMO, Us players would like to know WHERE wargaming has been???? 2 years ago you all made a article in release notes that you guys heard your players LOUD AND CLEAR and was bringing OLD maps back... *snipped*

Well, if I recall correctly from some recent Q&A sessions with Anton Pankov:

PORT should be coming back soon. We're also working on bringing back some other old maps.

We're also introducing two new maps that are influenced quite heavily by Pearl River & Dragon Ridge (Empire's Border) and Ghost Town (Lost City)

New version of Kharkovis also on Supertest.

Specifically we said we would try to bring back old maps. 

View PostVinnyI82, on Jul 12 2018 - 18:23, said:

Or you could just remove this disaster of a straight corridor map.

The moment that the dev team allows the NA Community department to choose the map rotation, I'll let you know. 

Until then, why not share some tips on what you do on this map and contribute to a productive discussion?

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 12 2018 - 20:57, said:

There is alot of incorrectness in this map.

TD's and Med's im A8, A9, A2, B8, B2 can be used elsewhere. They are kinda trapped there if they get rushed (And dont notice in time).

The TD at B0 might be able to be there, but it needs good gun depression to use it.

The TD's at C3, C8 will get insta spotted there. Should at least be up top, or helping mid.

The lower TD's on C line are completely open to counter fire, with little or no cover. So bad spot.

F and G line are useless other than really early game. So dont stay there.

Anyways, this map needs a massive overhaul to be worthwhile.

I listed all possible locations, not just the good ones. Admittedly I didn't spend as much time on the minimap as I'd have liked, so take it with a grain of salt. The actual breakdown images should be more informative. 

Edited by DomoSapien, Jul 13 2018 - 18:06.

ThePigSheFlies #23 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 20:19

Major

• Players
  • 63013 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 13 2018 - 11:59, said:

We're also introducing two new maps that are influenced quite heavily by Pearl River & Dragon Ridge (Empire's Border) and Ghost Town (Lost City)

New version of Kharkovis also on Supertest.

we don't want this trash map design, especially when it's functionally identically to maps that are already over represented in the rotation.  the krahpkov 'redesign' is the same trash dota-inspired garbage funnel, half and half, hub and spoke, tiny map that you already have in paris, and ruincrap as the most obvious copies

by basically copy+pasting it you guys are showing that you don't care about finesse game play, and only want hurrdurr brawling trash meta.

madogthefirst #24 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 17:21

Major

• Players
  • 23235 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostDomoSapien, on Jul 13 2018 - 08:59, said:

Spoiler

Want tips, how about adding flanking options that don't involve getting killed by some a-hole bush wanker sitting next to their cap the entire game. The biggest problem with the map is that any movement that does not involve the southern fight can be shut down by jackassses that haven't moved more than 3 feet from spawn.

_Kradok_ #25 Posted Yesterday, 02:54 PM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26855 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Lower some of the buildings.  Adding more destruction to them will help with this.  Change elevations in many locations to allow lights/meds to work as intended (rubble/bushes would allow for SOME spotting/gun depression in the city). 

Oh and Stop making small maps...unless they're for low tiers.

Want me to be really Constructive??   Cap Province at tier 6 like Widepark was... then find whomever allowed it for tier X and NOT low tiers...and consider kicking them in the junk. 

ThePigSheFlies #26 Posted Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 63013 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Post_Kradok_, on Jul 16 2018 - 08:54, said:

Lower some of the buildings.  Adding more destruction to them will help with this.  Change elevations in many locations to allow lights/meds to work as intended (rubble/bushes would allow for SOME spotting/gun depression in the city). 

Oh and Stop making small maps...unless they're for low tiers.

Want me to be really Constructive??   Cap Province at tier 6 like Widepark was... then find whomever allowed it for tier X and NOT low tiers...and consider kicking them in the junk. 

you're a lot nicer than I.

I have more than once suggested that the maps should be printed on a cactus and inserted into said developers.  repeatedly.  sideways.  I'll let you guess where :)

Deputy276 #27 Posted Today, 12:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18662 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postdarktemplardelta, on Jul 12 2018 - 11:58, said:

I kinda miss swamp and would definitely prefer it over Paris.

Now you're talking!!! I would take the original Swamp over both Province and Paris. 

BTW...forgetabout the "testing that was done". Russian players LOVE corridor maps and brawling. So that's what NA server gets stuck with. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users