So I have not played since frontline ended. What happened with "fixing preferential premiums"...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

AltWeiss #1 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 04:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14213 battles

Whatever it was called.

KV5 was supposed to be first. Did they ever go through with it?

Still in the works?

Hurk #2 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 04:34

Major

• Players
  • 51183 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
still on super test as far as i know. 

gpc_4 #3 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 04:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 38951 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
This will take them forever if it even happens. Not something to worry about. 

Devil__Anse #4 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 04:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1806 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
if it happens I will uninstall the game...period

haxmachine21 #5 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12733 battles
  • [XXII] XXII

Last I heard, the enormous firestorm that erupted on EU forums was enough for them to reconsider what they were doing, and a friend said that they had cancelled it, but take the last part with a grain of salt. There haven't been any new updates since then, and Wargaming's news has been silent about it for a while now.

EDIT: Personally, I think the way they're changing the KV-5 from a super-heavy with all around thick armor, good speed, and a meh gun, to a super-heavy with INSANE frontal armor, but all the same weakspots that even normal rounds from the L/71 Flak88 can pen, and then making it super vulnerable everywhere else, and then the gun becomes 'decent'. To me...that is the WORST way to fix it.

Edited by haxmachine21, Jul 12 2018 - 05:31.

bockscar43 #6 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29254 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
Wots created the wind and set off a firestorm among the base. Seems like a pause to find a way to stop the protest and save face...:bush:

docroberts #7 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 06:00

Captain

• Players
  • 18951 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostAltWeiss, on Jul 11 2018 - 21:34, said:

Whatever it was called.

KV5 was supposed to be first. Did they ever go through with it?

Still in the works?

Nothing yet , but there's still a heated debate about it on all servers . I quit reading when there were over 400 pages on hate mail on the RU , 130+ on the EU and 30+ on the NA servers … 

White_Runner #8 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 07:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19192 battles
  • [FMM] FMM
Anyone here remembers BALANCE 2.0
Man Russians are the worst, no wonder the entire European Union has a grudge against.

HotMachete #9 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 08:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32573 battles
My guess is War Gaming is rethinking the whole thing.  They've obviously seen the declining player counts, and while some people don't have a problem with it, there's no way they can miss that a significant portion of the player base despises the 3/5/7 MM.  There's no sense in taking the time to redo all the the preferred MM tanks when the core of the problem, the 3-5-7 MM, is still there.  I know they're stubborn to get rid of 3-5-7, because they hyped it so much, but I'd be surprised if they haven't already started to plan how to redo the MM again, while still trying to save face.

ColonelShakes #10 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 10:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11153 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View Postbockscar43, on Jul 12 2018 - 05:52, said:

Wots created the wind and set off a firestorm among the base. Seems like a pause to find a way to stop the protest and save face...:bush:

Source ? Firestorm ? LOL.  You mean the losers who need pref mm tanks to feel better about themselves? Or the ones that think they own a pixel tank.  The latter cannot be helped.   The former , are losers.  What is left ? The last we heard from WG on it was that it is in the works.  

In the real world , we test stuff before bringing it to a production environment.  

Knagar #11 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 10:32

Captain

• Players
  • 20321 battles

View PostDevil__Anse, on Jul 11 2018 - 22:49, said:

if it happens I will uninstall the game...period

Better uninstall now, because it's going to happen.

Knagar #12 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 10:39

Captain

• Players
  • 20321 battles

View PostHotMachete, on Jul 12 2018 - 02:28, said:

My guess is War Gaming is rethinking the whole thing.  They've obviously seen the declining player counts, and while some people don't have a problem with it, there's no way they can miss that a significant portion of the player base despises the 3/5/7 MM.  There's no sense in taking the time to redo all the the preferred MM tanks when the core of the problem, the 3-5-7 MM, is still there.  I know they're stubborn to get rid of 3-5-7, because they hyped it so much, but I'd be surprised if they haven't already started to plan how to redo the MM again, while still trying to save face.

They aren't, it's on the Super Test right now. They need to balance it to be fair against Tier 6, but still compete with Tier 10, that's going to take time.

Player count isn't declining, the NA server is down a bit because it's summer, people want to get out of the house and do things. Soon as the cold weather picks up the sever pop will go back up. As for other servers, same deal, though the loss of a couple of butt hurts isn't going to bother WG.

The only ones who hate 3/5/7 are the rubes, the players who can't be bothered getting good and want to be spoon fed XP  so they can fail their way to a Tier 10 faster. Good players hate it because the rubes are usually in the top 3 tanks, but you can't blame WG entirely for junk players. People are happy losing their way up the tree, that's partially WGs fault for not forcing people to get good to advance to a new tier.

No, no plans to sack 3/5/7, if that were the case they would be testing that instead of the KV-5 changes.

VinnyI82 #13 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 13:13

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 34805 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostKnagar, on Jul 12 2018 - 04:39, said:

The only ones who hate 3/5/7 are the rubes, the players who can't be bothered getting good and want to be spoon fed XP  so they can fail their way to a Tier 10 faster. Good players hate it because the rubes are usually in the top 3 tanks, but you can't blame WG entirely for junk players. People are happy losing their way up the tree, that's partially WGs fault for not forcing people to get good to advance to a new tier.

Except thats not the issue at all.  The issue is there's supposed to be a percentage of how often you're in the position of 3/5/7.  And when you're bottom tier 8-9 times out of 10 in a tank (im talking t8 here) that can literally get 1 shot by half a dozen or more tanks it creates a certain level of frustration.  Frustrated players don't stick around to continue to be smashed in tanks that have trouble competing against top tiers (t10 in my example)

TokenLore #14 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21428 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostKnagar, on Jul 12 2018 - 09:39, said:

They aren't, it's on the Super Test right now. They need to balance it to be fair against Tier 6, but still compete with Tier 10, that's going to take time.

Player count isn't declining, the NA server is down a bit because it's summer, people want to get out of the house and do things. Soon as the cold weather picks up the sever pop will go back up. As for other servers, same deal, though the loss of a couple of butt hurts isn't going to bother WG.

No, no plans to sack 3/5/7, if that were the case they would be testing that instead of the KV-5 changes.

Lol, spit my coffee out on this one...GG

In the summer it is that everyone is outside, in the winter it is that everyone is in school.

Fact is, if a game is not growing, it is dieing and yes it is dieing.  Almost all games do at some point.  Does that mean it is dead...no.

Their customer service or lack of it and listening to the customer base is having an impact on it.  My guess, those that cared took their money and found other things to do with it (I certainly would have) and don't give a crap anymore about what happens in the long run.  As a business, it was hugely successful for those that initially started it up and likely they no longer have to care about what comes of it.  There is a point where you have more money coming in from other ventures/investments than is being generated by this and one rarely re-invests more to squeeze smaller and smaller profits from a finite revenue source as this.

It happens.  If you enjoy it, play it and stop worrying. 

AltWeiss #15 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 04:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14213 battles

Thanks for the replies.

I have played very little over the last few years (I used to play a ton and have 11 tier 10s and for a while I had almost every premium they had put out). The game just started veering off in a direction I do not love. Also, I moved on to ships for a little while.

Poked my head in and enjoyed Frontline while it lasted. 

I really do not care what they do with preferential premiums because I don't really play anymore. I was just curious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users