Amazing how this happens.....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Platedmeat #1 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 05:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44790 battles
So tonight I fire up 2 hour boosters, having a blah night, did some stupid moves, bad teams, great plays, great teams, couple of carries etc.  Got into a string of 4 really bad losses so decided to play arty. Now here is where it just gota go :facepalm:. Had been getting open maps, no city maps whatsoever, first game in arty I get himmelsdorf. Second game I get paris. I said ok enough of that and go back to regular tanks. Gee guess what, no more city maps the rest of the night. Can someone explain that one to me because I am SERIOULSY getting ready to go to the tinfoil hat store and pick one up after seeing that tonight. Makes a person wonder...…….

bockscar43 #2 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 06:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29561 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
Just another $hitty day in paradise...:confused:

White_Runner #3 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 07:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19313 battles
  • [FMM] FMM

View Postbockscar43, on Jul 12 2018 - 05:33, said:

Just another $hitty day in paradise...:confused:

In paradise they are not shutty days, THIS GAME IS HELL.

Buttknuckle #4 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 07:39

Major

• Players
  • 47045 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Just another of those Murphy's Rules of WOT.

ColonelShakes #5 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 10:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12047 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

Bet you do not remember the 'blah' night you were having before popping the reserves... which maps you were getting etc...

Edited by ColonelShakes, Jul 12 2018 - 10:20.

Knagar #6 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 10:30

Captain

• Players
  • 20326 battles

View PostPlatedmeat, on Jul 11 2018 - 23:04, said:

. Can someone explain that one to me

Yeah, it's called map rotation and an algorithm that sees what maps you've been on and tries to put you in maps you haven't to spice things up.

Clearly since you stated you didn't see any city maps it decided to put you on some, you just happened to switch tanks at the wrong time.

MM had seen that you played those maps, and moved them to the back of the line for different maps.

You got unlucky in your time of tank choice, nothing more, nothing less. MM isn't out to get you, so stop being silly.

sleeper_agent #7 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 22061 battles

View PostKnagar, on Jul 12 2018 - 04:30, said:

Yeah, it's called map rotation and an algorithm that sees what maps you've been on and tries to put you in maps you haven't to spice things up.

Clearly since you stated you didn't see any city maps it decided to put you on some, you just happened to switch tanks at the wrong time.

MM had seen that you played those maps, and moved them to the back of the line for different maps.

You got unlucky in your time of tank choice, nothing more, nothing less. MM isn't out to get you, so stop being silly.

What he said....

In a game where thousands of games are being played every 10 mins, your pattern of tank choice to map pairing would suggest the world is out to get you. There are others who see the opposite in their pairings and think WG has blessed them. 

Its random. Human psychology makes you want to pick up that tinfoil hat and abandon reality but rest assured, no one has targeted you for failure OR greatness...lol

Trauglodyte #8 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 16200 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostKnagar, on Jul 12 2018 - 10:30, said:

The only problem with that is that the algorithm doesn't always work.  Case in point, I got Ensk in 3 out of 5 games last night and twice out of 4 games the night before.  It doesn't just take you but factors in everyone within the 30 tanks chosen.  So, it could just straight up butt hump you no matter what you do.

RNG taketh, then taketh some more, giveth a little bit, and then repeatedly smiteth you until you scream "uncle"!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users