Notice how ever topic created over the past 10 years how this game sucks as been banned?! cant h...

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Elbroth #21 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32148 battles

I just get the feeling this person was killed by Arty and now is here raging over it.... Hummmm

Here is a thought. If you have been playing 10 years... Ummmm Game out for 7 years but maybe you were the design group who knows.. STOP playing it...

Fact is the game needs people like you to

1 Stop playing or 2 just deal with the fact that many love it and play to play...

Now go get killed by ARTY again and write on the black Board 1000 times. I will not post on the forms again...

Whats your main account anyways. Grow a pair and use that account. Piff..

BabA_YA6A #22 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:13

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY

View PostB33rcul3s, on Jul 12 2018 - 15:49, said:

When you google "World of Tanks sucks" on google it comes up with 100s if not 1000s of forums posts on here that end up with "permission denied" which is Wargaming blocking bad press. 

Dont worry, I ensure google caches this before you block me, just for reference :P

330 matches in over three years. I don't understand what you even fussing about.

Gnomon #23 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:53

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostB33rcul3s, on Jul 12 2018 - 01:49, said:

When you google "World of Tanks sucks" on google it comes up with 100s if not 1000s of forums posts on here that end up with "permission denied" which is Wargaming blocking bad press. 

Dont worry, I ensure google caches this before you block me, just for reference :P

Hi! I did, a quick Google search for that phrase, and I got quite a few results that are available to read on the first couple of pages:

Now, I know you may not believe me because I work for Wargaming, but we don't censor people who just say the game sucks or if they provide a lot of critiques. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the game, and critical feedback can only help to lead to improvements

However, a fair majority of these posts devolve into forum violation after forum violation. People begin to attack each other, stat shame, go off-topic, and so on. When that happens, the thread is locked or closed and the people who broke the rules are warned/sanctioned. Since this forum currently has 11,179,211 Posts as of my reply here, 1,000s of them could easily be "WoT sucks" posts that violated the rules and were removed while even more that say the same go untouched, since no one broke the rules. Just by the large volume of posts this forum, it's bound to be that many of them are sanctioned for rules violations and not the idea behind the content. 

tl;dr We don't remove posts for criticizing the game. We remove posts that violate the rules, and criticizing the game is not one of them. 

Devildog8 #24 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:58

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

Edited by Devildog8, Jul 12 2018 - 15:00.

Devildog8 #25 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

and critical feedback can only help to lead to improvements

Agree with all you said except this statement, that is a blatant lie, no disrespect

The_Illusive_Man #26 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 12743 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostDevildog8, on Jul 12 2018 - 10:00, said:

Agree with all you said except this statement, that is a blatant lie, no disrespect

Their own EULA confirms this...

Spoiler

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Jul 12 2018 - 15:04.

Whisky_A_Go_Go #27 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:12

Major

• Players
  • 9940 battles

View PostGnomon, on Jul 12 2018 - 08:53, said:

tl;dr We don't remove posts for criticizing the game. We remove posts that violate the rules, and criticizing the game is not one of them. 

Then tell us why all the threads prior to 2016 about the decreasing population were deleted.

Well, not deleted, but according to your words, "backed up on a different server we players don't have access to".

And also, why were we lied to about how posts were deleted and why?

leon_phelps #28 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:16

Major

• Players
  • 35566 battles

View PostB33rcul3s, on Jul 12 2018 - 07:49, said:

I take this post more seriously if you werent posting under an alt account 

Altwar #29 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 54798 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Jul 12 2018 - 06:12, said:

Then tell us why all the threads prior to 2016 about the decreasing population were deleted.

To be honest, who really cares about such threads?  I sure don't.  I come to the forums to read about tanks, strategies for tanks and maps, maybe information/feedback on sales or events, perhaps seeing if anyone is seeing the same issue(s) I'm seeing, looking to see if players are asking questions I could help with, etc.

Decreasing population I could care less about.  As long as I can queue a tank and get into a battle in a relatively short amount of time, it's a non-factor.  Then again, I'm not one of those players who habitually comes to the forum to complain and whine.

And to the OP: no I didn't notice any such thing.  Then again, this forum has threads daily that speak to the same thing so I don't see a reason to look further.  As for Wargaming not handling the truth, that's a subjective statement which not everyone will agree with.  Personally I think World of Tanks is great though it certainly has a lot it can improve on.  But if I felt it really sucked I wouldn't have played as many battles on it as I have.  Too many other options are available for my entertainment for me to waste time with any option I feel isn't woth it.

24cups #30 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:49

Major

• Players
  • 23041 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostAltwar, on Jul 12 2018 - 09:44, said:

To be honest, who really cares about such threads?  I sure don't.  I come to the forums to read about tanks, strategies for tanks and maps, maybe information/feedback on sales or events, perhaps seeing if anyone is seeing the same issue(s) I'm seeing, looking to see if players are asking questions I could help with, etc.

Decreasing population I could care less about.  As long as I can queue a tank and get into a battle in a relatively short amount of time, it's a non-factor.  Then again, I'm not one of those players who habitually comes to the forum to complain and whine.

I'd +1 you if I wasn't on my phone.

Also thanks Gnomon for trying. Some people just like to complain. 

Whisky_A_Go_Go #31 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:54

Major

• Players
  • 9940 battles

To be honest, who really cares about such threads?  I sure don't. 

It's not the threads per se. It's the fact that they censored the threads to begin with when as they just said they don't do that, lied about why they did it, lied about how it is and was done, then lied again on this very post about their practices on this forum of deleting threads critical of the game.

I come to the forums to read about tanks, strategies for tanks and maps, maybe information/feedback on sales or events, perhaps seeing if anyone is seeing the same issue(s) I'm seeing, looking to see if players are asking questions I could help with, etc.

Then why are you on this thread?

Klunk73 #32 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12569 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postkebab6597, on Jul 12 2018 - 00:58, said:

10 years ? the bloody game has only been out since 2011 that in my book is 7 years, if your going to talk crap atleast try to make it sound as if you know what your talking about

Its millennial speak......everything gets amplified to emphasize their side of the debate. Apparently it gives more validity that way even if it is completely false.

Altwar #33 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:57

Major

• Players
  • 54798 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View Post24cups, on Jul 12 2018 - 06:49, said:

I'd +1 you if I wasn't on my phone.

Also thanks Gnomon for trying. Some people just like to complain. 

No worries.  I think Gnomon did a tremendous job in trying to provide feedback to this topic.  I think the monitors on this forum as a whole are really putting forth a good effort these days as far as providing a presence and feedback and I certainly appreciate it.

And yes, there are certainly some whose hobby seems to provide nothing but complaints on this forum.  Certainly some complaints are legitimate IMO, but for the most part, I think many of the complainers on the forum hate horses, dead or alive, and seek to beat them into oblivion...

Altwar #34 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 54798 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Jul 12 2018 - 06:54, said:

It's not the threads per se. It's the fact that they censored the threads to begin with when as they just said they don't do that, lied about why they did it, lied about how it is and was done, then lied again on this very post about their practices on this forum of deleting threads critical of the game.

Then why are you on this thread?

I explained why I'm on the forum, but not to this specific thread.  In truth, I wanted to see why the OP said 10 years when as far as I am aware, World of Tanks has existed in some way or form since 2010.  Was he confused and meant Wargaming in general?  It looked like an opportunity to see what he meant and perhaps me inserting a reminder that this game is not that old.

Devildog8 #35 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 10231 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View PostAltwar, on Jul 12 2018 - 08:57, said:

No worries.  I think Gnomon did a tremendous job in trying to provide feedback to this topic.  I think the monitors on this forum as a whole are really putting forth a good effort these days as far as providing a presence and feedback and I certainly appreciate it.

And yes, there are certainly some whose hobby seems to provide nothing but complaints on this forum.  Certainly some complaints are legitimate IMO, but for the most part, I think many of the complainers on the forum hate horses, dead or alive, and seek to beat them into oblivion...

Yep its nice to see them on more, but still doesnt reflect that even tho they on more the player base still gets ignored and lied too, having more of a presence dosent succeed the latter  

Karmadharma #36 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10840 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostB33rcul3s, on Jul 11 2018 - 23:49, said:

You don't have anything else to do in life besides google "WoT sucks?" My sympathies go out to your loved ones.

Seth_VonLiopod #37 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16979 battles
Hey wow! And when you google "League of Legends sucks" you totally get similar results! That game must be rotten too.
And Fortnite, and PUBG, and CoD, and anything Star Wars.....
Golly.

ps: I heard the most profitable phone app was a Kardashian "paper doll" type game. I guess sucking is a pre-requisite for financial success.

Edited by Seth_VonLiopod, Jul 12 2018 - 18:52.

dunniteowl #38 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 22:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 22135 battles

View PostB33rcul3s, on Jul 12 2018 - 01:49, said:

The real reason is that, categorically, every single one of those This Game Sucks threads descends into petty arguing, name calling, ad hominem attacks and pretty much every other TOS violation you could imagine.

And you're right, it's because some people can't handle the truth.  This game is hard to excel at and no amount of whining, complaining, blaming or 'WGs Game Sucks" whines are going to change that.  And people who don't like that have a hard time with it, continue to spew and rage invective at the calm, reasoned voices that are politely telling them this (mostly) and then, voila!  Thread Locked, because Reasons of Self Control Lacking.

It's not the 'truth' the gets these threads banned.  It's the lack of any sense of civility in the face of harsh, glaring criticism of flawed ideas being presented as the "truth" to the rest of the 'mesmerized fools' such harsh cries are directed toward.

Good Luck with that, by the way.

OvO

Flarvin #39 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 51796 battles

View PostKnagar, on Jul 12 2018 - 05:27, said:

Walk into your job today and start screaming and yelling about how bad the company sucks, how you hate being paid so little, how everything and everyone there sucks. See how long before you get tossed out.

While I get the sentiment, there is a big difference between employees and customers. 

dunniteowl #40 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 22:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 22135 battles

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Jul 12 2018 - 08:12, said:

Well, not deleted, but according to your words, "backed up on a different server we players don't have access to".

And also, why were we lied to about how posts were deleted and why?

Gotta take off that aluminium hat you're wearing.  It's a proven fact that aluminium is a neuro-toxin and we also know that stuff comes off when you slide it against other things -- like a hard head, say -- and then it gets into your system and starts messing up your noggin' wiring.

You don't want that, do you?  Dude.  You're wound a bit tight, I'd say.  Lighten up and take a 420 or something.  For your own sake, really.

OvO

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users