• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 15:20

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey, everyone! 

It's time for Gnomon's Emporium of....you know what. Nope, I won't give in. I don't need an Emporium for sales.

Just think of me as the guy with the distant look on his face swinging a sign around outside a store and yelling at you with a megaphone about our SALES!

Anyway, what great summer would be complete without some loud music? Well, we have good news! The Primo Victoria is back on sale and it should fill all of your heavy metal needs. 

If you've never heard of it, the Primo Victoria is a Strv 81 Tier VIII medium tank with exclusive features you won't find on other vehicles: 

• Crew voices recorded by Sabaton frontman Joakim Brodén
  • Custom Crew modeled after the Sabaton band members (you can't change the name, picture, or roles of crew members, but they can be assigned to other Swedish vehicles)
  • Exclusive permanent camouflage (gives +3% camouflage bonus on all maps)

But Gnomon, I hear you asking, what is this Band of Brothers thing the Crew comes with? Well. Band of Brothers is the same thing as Brothers in Arms. Each Crew in this tank comes with the Band of Brothers Perk with a special icon. It gives 5% to the training level of each crew member, as long as all crew members have the perk.

BoB works with BiA or Sisterhood of Steel if you want to use Sabaton with other Crews. 

We've also got the 43 M. Toldi III on sale, which is a Tier III light tank. The Toldi is a rare sale offering, so this is chance for collectors to pick it up! 

Have some sales:

Spoiler

43 M. Toldi III

Not_Connery #2 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 16:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles
  • [BTBG] BTBG

View PostGnomon, on Jul 12 2018 - 15:20, said:

Just think of me as the guy with the distant look on his face swinging a sign around outside a store and yelling at you with a megaphone about our SALES!

If you are swinging a sign around, how are you holding the megaphone?

Is it a small picket sign that you can swing with one hand (depending on the wind ferocity on that given day), or is it one of those arrow signs that you twirl around like some guy on adderall?

Also, is the megaphone just like one of those cheerleader megaphones that's just a big cone, or is it one of those electronic bullhorn things that you can't understand what someone just yelled through it?  Or is it one of those walky-taly kind of things where you talk into the CB radio, truck driver style mic and the bullhorn portion is like, clipped to your belt?

I have MANY questions about how you are equipped for attracting business for this sale... :P

MacDaddyMatty #3 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 16:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 26585 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Gnomon's Grungy Gat-mobiles.

Spoiler

Gnomon #4 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 16:21

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostNot_Connery, on Jul 12 2018 - 09:00, said:

If you are swinging a sign around, how are you holding the megaphone?

Is it a small picket sign that you can swing with one hand (depending on the wind ferocity on that given day), or is it one of those arrow signs that you twirl around like some guy on adderall?

Also, is the megaphone just like one of those cheerleader megaphones that's just a big cone, or is it one of those electronic bullhorn things that you can't understand what someone just yelled through it?  Or is it one of those walky-taly kind of things where you talk into the CB radio, truck driver style mic and the bullhorn portion is like, clipped to your belt?

I have MANY questions about how you are equipped for attracting business for this sale... :P

All good questions! 

I actually have a contraption that hangs the megaphone (big cone cheerleader one) in front of my face from a hat. I have the speaker button held down with zebra-print duck tape so that it's always on. Always. 

And a twirling sign! But it can only pick-up enough speed to rotate once per minute. I'm basically a yelling clock. 

Not_Connery #5 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 16:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles
  • [BTBG] BTBG

View PostGnomon, on Jul 12 2018 - 16:21, said:

All good questions! 

I actually have a contraption that hangs the megaphone (big cone cheerleader one) in front of my face from a hat. I have the speaker button held down with zebra-print duck tape so that it's always on. Always. 

And a twirling sign! But it can only pick-up enough speed to rotate once per minute. I'm basically a yelling clock. 

Interesting... Interesting...

Do you have glitter and/or sequins anywhere on your sign or outfit to attract more attention?

AndrewSledge #6 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 17:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31362 battles
Toldi is worse than a Yugo...even in a tank battle. :harp:

MacDaddyMatty #7 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 17:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 26585 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostAndrewSledge, on Jul 12 2018 - 11:39, said:

Toldi is worse than a Yugo...even in a tank battle. :harp:

I remember the Yugo - I believe they had a "buy 1 get 1 free" at one point!!

Kenshin2kx #8 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 17:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View PostNot_Connery, on Jul 12 2018 - 05:24, said:

Interesting... Interesting...

Do you have glitter and/or sequins anywhere on your sign or outfit to attract more attention?

Yes, yes ... but you forgot the most important question ... What Is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?  :D

Not_Connery #9 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles
  • [BTBG] BTBG

View PostKenshin2kx, on Jul 12 2018 - 17:56, said:

Yes, yes ... but you forgot the most important question ... What Is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?  :D

What kind, African or European?

Not_Connery #10 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles
  • [BTBG] BTBG

View PostKenshin2kx, on Jul 12 2018 - 17:56, said:

View PostNot_Connery, on Jul 12 2018 - 17:58, said:

What kind, African or European?

Btw, I have actually looked this up before, and the average airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow is about 24mph (11 meters per second).

https://www.saratoga.com/how-should-i-know/2013/07/what-is-the-average-air-speed-velocity-of-a-laden-swallow/

MacDaddyMatty #11 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 26585 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostNot_Connery, on Jul 12 2018 - 12:01, said:

Btw, I have actually looked this up before, and the average airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow is about 24mph (11 meters per second).

https://www.saratoga.com/how-should-i-know/2013/07/what-is-the-average-air-speed-velocity-of-a-laden-swallow/

Same speed as the Toldi!!!

:ohmy:

YANKEE137 #12 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 10277 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Nope, nope and nope.

Not_Connery #13 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles
  • [BTBG] BTBG

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jul 12 2018 - 18:13, said:

Same speed as the Toldi!!!

:ohmy:

Kenshin2kx #14 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 18:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View PostNot_Connery, on Jul 12 2018 - 07:01, said:

Yeah <scratches head> I came across the same figure ... but somehow, I've always thought (post movie) ... that it was faster than that. 

Not_Connery #15 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 06:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles
  • [BTBG] BTBG

View PostKenshin2kx, on Jul 12 2018 - 18:34, said:

Yeah <scratches head> I came across the same figure ... but somehow, I've always thought (post movie) ... that it was faster than that. 

Well, that is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow, so there would be swallows that are faster and some that are slower.

This source/article goes into more detail on the math involved with coming to that answer, if you're interested.

http://style.org/unladenswallow/

Avalon304 #16 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 07:02

Major

• Players
  • 19388 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostGnomon, on Jul 12 2018 - 07:20, said:

Hey, everyone! 

It's time for Gnomon's Emporium of....you know what. Nope, I won't give in. I don't need an Emporium for sales.

Anyway, what great summer would be complete without some loud music? Well, we have good news! The Primo Victoria is back on sale and it should fill all of your heavy metal needs. 

If you've never heard of it, the Primo Victoria is a Strv 81 Tier VIII medium tank with exclusive features you won't find on other vehicles: 

• Crew voices recorded by Sabaton frontman Joakim Brodén
  • Custom Crew modeled after the Sabaton band members (you can't change the name, picture, or roles of crew members, but they can be assigned to other Swedish vehicles)
  • Exclusive permanent camouflage (gives +3% camouflage bonus on all maps)

But Gnomon, I hear you asking, what is this Band of Brothers thing the Crew comes with? Well. Band of Brothers is the same thing as Brothers in Arms. Each Crew in this tank comes with the Band of Brothers Perk with a special icon. It gives 5% to the training level of each crew member, as long as all crew members have the perk.

BoB works with BiA or Sisterhood of Steel if you want to use Sabaton with other Crews. 

We've also got the 43 M. Toldi III on sale, which is a Tier III light tank. The Toldi is a rare sale offering, so this is chance for collectors to pick it up! 

Have some sales:

Spoiler

43 M. Toldi III

Can we talk with Minsk and get them to sell the normal Strv 81 as well? Please.

Edited by Avalon304, Jul 13 2018 - 07:02.

Ausfurung #17 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 03:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 13884 battles
  • [FMI] FMI

View PostGnomon, on Jul 12 2018 - 11:20, said:

Now the Toldi is for sale (I think for first time ever), I imagine you have fast plans to get the inmense buff that it needs. The DPM, Aim time, alpha dmg, dispersion and view range is complete garbage, the tank has nothing good, maybe the pen, but it is not enough to compensate all the other things. 

If it were russian this issue would never exist. 

Edited by Ausfurung, Jul 14 2018 - 03:09.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users