One Login to Play Them All

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

PorkStew #21 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 04:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 35409 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

I am playing on a shared computer in the house.  I rather not have my credentials remembered.  I have un-clicked remember me several times but it comes back to that default.  When I forget to uncheck the box, others could have access.  Can we change the default state for "remember me" to unchecked or at least remember what that state was at the last login attempt?

NotEnuffDakka #22 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 13:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28700 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostPorkStew, on Jul 17 2018 - 04:17, said:

I am playing on a shared computer in the house.  I rather not have my credentials remembered.  I have un-clicked remember me several times but it comes back to that default.  When I forget to uncheck the box, others could have access.  Can we change the default state for "remember me" to unchecked or at least remember what that state was at the last login attempt?

Seconded, even though nobody else uses my PC. I don't like setting anything to remember passwords because I end up losing track and forgetting them.

CraterBait #23 Posted Jul 20 2018 - 21:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 33782 battles

Come on WarGaming, fix the stupid "One Login to Play Them All" idea! It could easily have been a great idea but you CANNOT set a preferred server. Why... did you not forward think this? Hmmmm not like yo have done that before right!

I am a long way from the server so my ping is about 200 - 220 so why does your ridiculous "One Login to Play Them All" automatically connect me almost every single time to the LATAM server with the 350+ ping? Are you trying to be funny, unlikely, or do you simply not care about how frustrating you are making the usability of the game... more likely

===============================================================

New Comments added from this point, posted after the above.....

===============================================

You know, scratch everything I have said. I solved the problem by simply removing the Stupid One Login to Play Them All Game Center. I re added the simple original launcher that lets you CHOOSE which server you want to connect to.

Definitely a "quality of life" improvement in my opinion.

Edited by CraterBait, Jul 21 2018 - 02:31.

TankgirlNZ #24 Posted Jul 21 2018 - 21:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11375 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS
I hear ya Crater - why the f@*k do WG send me to the LATAM server where my ping is so high.  I have never played a game on that server and my previous preference was always NA.  Bad enough wasting your freaking braincells on something we don't need but you even broke that.

_EISEN_ #25 Posted Jul 26 2018 - 16:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 22529 battles
  • [-HOD-] -HOD-

Yeah I get a start screen as if it's taking to the garage but 1/2 way through it crashes and help with that would be awesome

Jambijon #26 Posted Jul 26 2018 - 17:23

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3019 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Posthllrbrn, on Jul 13 2018 - 01:52, said:

Yes Jambijon I have a question

Why is WG focusing on things like this? 

This does nothing to improve player retention or attract new players  

Incredibly disappointing that something like this would somehow be a priority. 

We don't just have one dev team working on one thing at a time, but rather multiple teams designated to specific projects.  

View PostMightyMinx, on Jul 13 2018 - 05:20, said:

Ok i have a question. Kinda stupid but someone has to ask.. So my wife went ahead and did this ..One problem she was logged into her acct. on my computer.. Every time i go to play its a run around cause it puts me into her acccount... Question is how do i turn it offf or get rid of it.. Thx

You can logout by clicking the little "person" silhouette in the bottom left of the launcher.

Example image:

View PostPetaco, on Jul 13 2018 - 14:00, said:

this great since i have all 3 accounts! now i have two suggestions:

1) it would be nice if can we have access to the garage via cell plone or tablet without having game installed.

2) on the web page can we have a clock or timer because i m in a diferent time zone and hemisphere, never get the time events end .

1. We have the WoT Assistant app for statistics.  Are you requesting something you can make garage actions and alter loadouts via mobile?

2. The events calendar should adjust to your timezone: https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/events/

View PostNotEnuffDakka, on Jul 13 2018 - 16:53, said:

Currently, it allows us to choose which region we're connecting to.

However, please also allow us to choose which specific server we want to enter.

Sometimes I get auto-sent to LATAM, other times I'm sent to US Central... and having to switch from one to the other takes about half a minute for my account, so this would be a small time saver :)

View PostGaussDeath, on Jul 14 2018 - 02:55, said:

Your new login method takes MORE time, not less, to log in. 

Before, I would open the game center, select the game, hit play, select my server, and then hit connect. 

Now, I open the game center, select the game, hit play, log out of the LATAM server, select the US Central server, and then hit connect. 

So now I have to wait for it to log me into the LATAM server (with nearly 3 times the ping of the US Central server), then log out of it and log back in to the correct server. 

PLEASE, have it remember your server choice if you are not going to give us the chance to set it to the correct server. Auto simply doesn't work correctly. 

As it is, this is not a quality of life change.

View PostCraterBait, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:57, said:

This is a great idea that has been (what a surprise) poorly executed by Wargaming. I play on the US server and always have, my ping is 200-220 all day every single day. Before we get off on the wrong foot, I am not here to complain about my ping. I live along way away and 200-220 is quite playable. What I am here to complain about it the fact that now that Wargaming is forcing me to use their one login idea I am constantly automatically logged in to the LATAM server. Then every day I now need to switch servers.

I note an Administrator has said

Jambijon#6Posted Jul 12 2018 - 22:20

Community Coordinator

Some might find it useless, but it's definitely a "quality of life" improvement in my opinion.   

Well Jambijon, some do find this useless and because it was poorly executed it certainly is not a quality of life improvement. Why didn't Wargaming spend a few mins thinking about this Launcher update? Why wasn't some forward thinking applied to what might have been a good idea, Wargaming could have simply given it's customers (Yes Customers) the ability to set a preferred server. WOW, now I know this is out of the box thinking for you but maybe usability could have been a consideration?

We all know the answer, Wargaming simply does not care what it's customers want. This has been proven time and time again.

Generally I enjoy the game that is why I play it, but why is there a desire by it's designers/developers to make it more cumbersome?

Theoretically the launcher will auto connect to the server that had the ideal connection at the time of login.  However, you are right as we all have experienced the login on the wrong server.  The devs were made aware of this and are working on solution.  As a fix, go into your clients settings under "General."  Scroll down and select the "Display server selection upon login" box and apply.  

Example Image:

This will give you the option for server selection just like the old launcher.

Also, apologies for the delayed response on my part.

Edited by Jambijon, Jul 26 2018 - 17:24.

pg12_1 #27 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 18:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29256 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostMightyMinx, on Jul 13 2018 - 06:20, said:

Ok i have a question. Kinda stupid but someone has to ask.. So my wife went ahead and did this ..One problem she was logged into her acct. on my computer.. Every time i go to play its a run around cause it puts me into her acccount... Question is how do i turn it offf or get rid of it.. Thx

go into windows setting then click apps then scroll down intill you find wargaming Game center, then click it and push Uninstall. you will also have to find the the installer in your files with unless your wife picked a specific file for it to down load into it should just be in you downloads. 

Edited by pg12_1, Aug 02 2018 - 18:23.

Altwar #28 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 54800 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostJambijon, on Jul 26 2018 - 08:23, said:

1. We have the WoT Assistant app for statistics.  Are you requesting something you can make garage actions and alter loadouts via mobile?

WoT Assistant app is badly in need of an update.  Italian tanks still don't exist whenever I look at it (daily). 

To the topic at hand: the One Login works as promised for me and makes life a little bit easier so I am content with it.

PhantomDragoon #29 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 20:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 64221 battles
  • [WWIII] WWIII

Super!  I was having problems with WoWs in the past, crashing on login, crashing when loading a match, crashing when "Victory" announced before results show, getting booted off the Server, and Not being able to log onto the Server.  I thought I had solved the problem when I got rid of Windows 10 which screwed up my video card and other hardware, reverting back to Windows 7.  WoT worked fine for a while.  Then I reinstalled WoWs and played a day only to see all my problems return.  This single logon now will not permit me to play either WoT or WoWs.  All I get is "Failed to connect to the server".  .....AND I have uninstalled, cleaned my drives and reinstalled over five times now...Am I ever pissed.

PorkStew #30 Posted Aug 05 2018 - 16:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 35409 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

Thanks for removing the default keep me logged in check box. Works well!  I was thinking about your content on the initial page and wanted to put in a request to have Meathead's weekly video as one of the square's of content.  I am going to guess others may not share my opinion.  Therefore, I will suggest having some ability to control the content on the tabs.  (ie on track is important to me, and not the weekend specials.)

Mojo_Riesing #31 Posted Aug 05 2018 - 17:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17850 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I like the concept of this, and especially having all the information and news/new things all nice and near right there  but....

I too have noticed being kicked to the LATAM server...only to have to relog to the US server.

I do NOT like how it operates in the background and there being no way to turn it off from a control panel EVEN if i disable all the auto-update features (which i have to do given much of my time is with a billed cellular connection).

Rundog #32 Posted Aug 06 2018 - 18:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28216 battles
It doesn't log me in to the lowest ping server every time. LATAM is 150ms higher, but still get logged into it sometimes. Why it just can't remember the last logged in server is beyond me. Surely that is easier to code.

Stinger63 #33 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 02:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 32629 battles
One Login is a minor attempt to speed up access to the game.  The idea isn't bad but as others have said, the execution is terrible.  How about a basic setting option such as the ability to choose a default server?  If I'm directed to the south american server by default then I can't use One Login because I use the US server and don't want to waste extra time redirecting the game to the alt server....

JPack51 #34 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 01:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 13190 battles
  • [-T-] -T-
it's good but I miss the movie during the login screen per each game.  BUMMER!!:(

Gunner60 #35 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 21:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 12395 battles
Don't like it . I have 2 user names when they merged I lost one game. Just got it back now I lost the other game. Liked it better when it was separate never had a problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users