tanker tips

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Battlecruiser_Hawaii #1 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 16:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3661 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
So, i picked up the T26E5 recently as it's on sale for the 4th of July, I have read and heard good things about it being a credit generator. So when i get home i'm excited to try out my new freedom dispenser and load her into battle. first match is full t8 match on Siegfried Line so i go city. i get hull down under some rubble and do ok. go to push and start side scraping a corner and i keep getting penned and killed. i assume i ether over angled and got penned in the side or under angled and got penned in the front. load up the next game, bottom tier on melenovka and decide to go hill as there are no arty in the game and i can hull down nice. i get up there and a T-10 is already at windmill and dings an AP round off my turret. every round after that is now HEAT, including the shots from the E50 and super conqueror (APCR). and even though all they can hit is my turret it gets sliced up like butter. i start trying other things such as running with mediums where i get out maneuvered, i try to play a support more in the second line, i get focused (it feels like). i end up playing about 15-20 games in this thing and only end up winning like 3. I know people use this thing as a credit farmer and do well in it. that's what i bought it for, so i am just wondering if there is any advice for playing the patriot as i feel the armor is not very effective and the low alpha gun means your going to be exposing yourself more often.

Scorpiany #2 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 16:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 32449 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
Just play it like a medium tank with more armor. You can't rely on the hull or turret, but it's definitely something that will give enemies trouble. Just don't expect it to work like the T32's turret, and only expose yourself when you're ready to take a shot.

BabA_YA6A #3 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26119 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostBattlecruiser_Hawaii, on Jul 13 2018 - 23:09, said:

So, i picked up the T26E5 recently as it's on sale for the 4th of July, I have read and heard good things about it being a credit generator. So when i get home i'm excited to try out my new freedom dispenser and load her into battle. first match is full t8 match on Siegfried Line so i go city. i get hull down under some rubble and do ok. go to push and start side scraping a corner and i keep getting penned and killed. i assume i ether over angled and got penned in the side or under angled and got penned in the front. load up the next game, bottom tier on melenovka and decide to go hill as there are no arty in the game and i can hull down nice. i get up there and a T-10 is already at windmill and dings an AP round off my turret. every round after that is now HEAT, including the shots from the E50 and super conqueror (APCR). and even though all they can hit is my turret it gets sliced up like butter. i start trying other things such as running with mediums where i get out maneuvered, i try to play a support more in the second line, i get focused (it feels like). i end up playing about 15-20 games in this thing and only end up winning like 3. I know people use this thing as a credit farmer and do well in it. that's what i bought it for, so i am just wondering if there is any advice for playing the patriot as i feel the armor is not very effective and the low alpha gun means your going to be exposing yourself more often.

First of all that with the 3-5-7 match making most (or pretty much all) tier VIII premium's are not much fun to play anymore.

Because you end up 80% of the time on the bottom end of the team.

The T26E5 is not really a brawler. Try to play it as a support heavy or well armored medium.

_Tsavo_ #4 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 40592 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I generally do it as a support heavy/medium and ridges are my friends.  Ridges and peek-poke-juke are the order of the day.  Against ten's you cannot rely on the armor, so always be peeking AMD shooting when it's good for you to do so.  (I've 3 marked my T26E5)

CapPhrases #5 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 16:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 7050 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

it's odd just came back from seeing my poor winrate in this tank.

good to see some tips posted up

RIA1911 #6 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 16:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5940 battles
You know when a new tank comes into this game , whether tech tree or premium, people have to learn how to fight them, and they can seem OP.  A year later , the tank not's so tough anymore, people know it's weaknesses or they just shoot premium ammo at it. 

Dain_Ironfoot_ #7 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 17:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

Block Quote

You know when a new tank comes into this game , whether tech tree or premium, people have to learn how to fight them, and they can seem OP.  A year later , the tank not's so tough anymore, people know it's weaknesses or they just shoot premium ammo at it.

Also because... hold on tight... it never was OP.  Just more faux outrage and fake news.  :trollface:  Not much different than with the Chrysler K situation. 

Yeah, it's decent all around and has some strong points... but was never what the hypesters and publicity stunters claimed it to be.  

Edited by Dain_Ironfoot_, Jul 13 2018 - 17:35.

Youdda #8 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 17:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 57593 battles
In addition to the above good advice, remember the turret is really forward on the tank. You can use a full 45 deg angle or more around building corners and barely expose your tracks. I have farmed a lot of damage around building corners while bouncing even T10 shells off the extreme angled front.

Yojimbo50 #9 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 19:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9979 battles
First let me say I suck at this game but I tried it when it was a rental and bought it as a premium.  I love it and do well with it because it is an overall heavy.  The gun is not bad and it has some speed and can take a hit or two if angled.  Of course when facing a heavy that outclasses me I don't try to trade shots and that is where the speed comes in.  Just my opinion but I think if you play it a little more you will be glad you got it!!!  Good Luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users