Rushed to T10 still dont know half the game, what to do lol

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Marcokid #1 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 03:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 3827 battles

Im too afraid to play my T10, I sold half my tanks going there as well my T29/ M103 T32 etc

do I just practice in my T5 soviet tank? whats a good idea to learn the game again, I usually quit for 1-2 years then return again

Marcokid #2 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 03:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 3827 battles

I also wanna say that I want a tech tree thats easy to use that are heavy, I dont like the Soviet IS line I do no damage and suck every battle with them

My gun for the IS-3 is kinda crappy i just bought it the KV1S also is very boring, turning me off from the game

are japanese tanks easy to play?

flaviosquilla #3 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 03:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34551 battles
  • [DYNO] DYNO
Japanese heavies are so easy to play that you will not learn anything. I do recommend you stick to low tiers until you see you can mantain a win rate higher than 50%, then move on to the next tier

HOTA_CHATON #4 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 12650 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
Go back to lower tiers and begin to learn something, I am.  I am currently back at the Stug B, Tier IV and lovin it and I have two Tier 9's I could be butchering.  I'm almost to the point I will have 3 more unlocked so don't be in a rush.

Slone #5 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 04:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19083 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Tier 5 is where you see a distinct difference in the tank types and the nationality differences. Play a couple thousand battles in T5. Try heavies, mediums, TDs, hell try them all. Play several nations (Russians are favored in the game). Once you play there a while you'll learn what you like and what you're good at, then your way forward will be clear to you.

YANKEE137 #6 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 04:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 10969 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Try a clan In clan battles they will tell you what to do and you absorb it. That's what my T10's are for.

_o7_Kappa #7 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 05:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

You can do what YANKEE137 said. Join a clan and can learn stuff from their callers and people who can help you learn Tier X. As well as, you can contribute your E5 to CW / Strongholds / Advances

As well as keep your lower tier tanks to help you learn all the weak spots and angling correctly. There is a website called http://tanks.gg they give you HD Models and you can see the armour values and what you can pen with your gun and ammo. A lot of good stuff on  that website I recommend looking at. It's very unfortunate that you were rushed into Tier X.

Edited by _o7_Kappa, Jul 14 2018 - 05:24.

WangOnTheLoose #8 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 11:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 26520 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostMarcokid, on Jul 13 2018 - 21:46, said:

I also wanna say that I want a tech tree thats easy to use that are heavy, I dont like the Soviet IS line I do no damage and suck every battle with them

My gun for the IS-3 is kinda crappy i just bought it the KV1S also is very boring, turning me off from the game

are japanese tanks easy to play?

Tier V is the best place to learn and get your crews developed.  One word of caution though, if you don't like the KV-1 I cant really imagine you liking any heavy tank.

WeatherbyMkV #9 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 16:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6104 battles

I'm a noob, and take this as coming from a noob, but rushing to Tier 10 is something I do not regret.  It has taught me several things:

1.  There is no magic bullet.

2.  Sometimes I just like to play with Tier 10 players, and often there are other noobs in those battles, so my poor play is not limited to me. But I get a chance to see and interact with top tier players and tanks.

3.  I occasionally get a Grand Battle.  Those are fun, and on different maps than Random Battles.

4.  This is a VIDEO GAME.  Playing with different tanks and tiers is interesting and boredom is reduced just from having exposure to new things.

YMMV.

Roggg2 #10 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 17:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19762 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

IS-3 is a great tank.  By tier 8 though, if you are engaging frontally with other heavies, you need to know how to identify and shoot weak spots.  You can see 3d armor models on tanks.gg to help with that.  Tier 8 suffers a lot with bad MM.  You will be in more tier 10 matchups than you would like, and for something like an IS-3, weak points aren't going to help you against a hull-down is-7.

My advice would be spend some time in the KV-1.  When you can dominate top-tier matches, and contribute when bottom tier, then you know what you need to know to move on.  T-150 is another good tank to learn heavy play in.  Tier 6 is probably better than tier 5 these days for learning the game.  

The advice to join a clan is solid.  There are a number of clans that specialize in training newish players.  WOT Uni is one such family of clans (disclosure, they are sister clans to my own).  There are others... ask around.

ThatOddMan #11 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 17:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2668 battles
  • [YESOD] YESOD

Get one of those tier-6 premium US Sherman tank variant; though it is a medium tank. 

Or if you can get your hands on a T14 US premium heavy tank.

anonym_aTuD26O7NRnh #12 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostMarcokid, on Jul 13 2018 - 21:39, said:

Im too afraid to play my T10, I sold half my tanks going there as well my T29/ M103 T32 etc

do I just practice in my T5 soviet tank? whats a good idea to learn the game again, I usually quit for 1-2 years then return again

I'm a fan of learning the game to extract fun through excellence. If you're just playing to have fun. Don't bother learning much and have at it. And don't play tier X. That just won't be fun at all. Loads of fun tanks to play tiers 4 through 7.

First, Tier 6, not tier 5, is a great place to learn the attributes required for high tier (8 through 10) gameplay. Tier 6 is moderately fast paced, armor doesn't mean jack (most of the time) and if you make a mistake you're probably toast. Sounds like tier 10, but less heat. Both figuratively and literally. 

Second: Standardize. The order of your ammo selection, consumables and arrangement of settings matters. LemmingRush has a short youttube video discussing his preferences. Not enough people focus on the necessity of standardizing. When you're fumbling the keyboard to fix your tracks or put out a fire, or select the right shell... you're not standardized. 

Third: Don't play tier X. Tier X is about as far from fun as the game gets for a player that doesn't want to pay to play. Just a fact of the game that we ALL must accept. If there is an advantage to be had there are many people who will pay the cost to achieve that advantage. When I was playing regularly, I would play 8s and 9s mostly (though 7s seems to be best now) and every now and then play a tier X tank.

Last and most important tip: Read. Read the stuff that is worth reading. There are guides on this site and others that are years old, but still applicable/effective to improve one's gameplay. For instance, do you know what it really means to be an "inconvenient" target? Read, read, read.

ethics_gradient #13 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 38068 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

My advice is keep the tanks that you enjoy playing the most as you go up the tiers.  For example, in the American heavy line, I kept my T 29 and sold everything else.  In the German TD line, I kept the Stug III and sold everything else.  In the Soviet TD line, I kept the SU-85B.  So even in these examples, I have a Tier IV, a Tier V, and a Tier VII.

utgotye #14 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 16:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14740 battles
Just remember that you can do everything right and still lose.  RNG giveth, RNG taketh away.  If you are the type that will rage when the shot that absolutely must go in bounces harmless rather than laugh mirthlessly, you might want to find a different hobby.

ArmorStorm #15 Posted Jul 19 2018 - 00:38

Major

• Players
  • 35687 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostMarcokid, on Jul 13 2018 - 20:39, said:

Start over and work your way up.  Playing your Tier 10 will just be frustrating until you have a better grasp of the game.  Run the current Kursk missions, they pay off with extra credits and equipment every 5 days or so.  Read the wiki, watch some videos and guides.  Play in the middle tiers until you can average at least a kill and your own hit points per battle.

Most of all, HAVE FUN!  There is no prize for having a Tier 10, no benefit other than competitive play modes and always being top tier in randoms.  If you enjoy and thrive in the middle tiers you can stay there as long as you wish, and with your new knowledge you will be more ready to move up when you want to.

It sucks to be a drag on the team, I generally play Tier 5-8 as I can be a pretty good player in those tiers.  I can play higher, but I'm more of an average to below player at Tier 10 and I know it.

Good Luck tanker!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users