Jump to content


Is it best to start off trying a little bit of everything or just stay within one line?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

CRUNCHYNAPKIN__ #1 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 06:41

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4280 battles
  • 60
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
  • Member since:
    01-17-2015

This is coming from a noob perspective... be forewarned.

So, Im debating on the theory-crafting of the gameplay.  While this game is solely intended for stress relief... Im finding myself inquiring on methods of going up the skilltree.  EDIT:  My main focus is getting crew skills up by 1 on every tier.  So, T4, 1 skill... T5 have 2 skills... and so on.

 

Ive been playing a little bit of everything around the T4/T5 level.  SPG, LT, MT, HT and TD from different nations but my question is:

Is it best to stick with a nation and just try one line and hyper-focus on the crew?  Or just keep on playing everything, in my case, LT French, SPG American, HT Russian, TD Chinese?  I just feel that my crews are growing at a snails pace.  Just looking for point of views.

 

Also, if I can throw this question in... the T6 token.  Hellcat or T-34-85?  Im thinking about going down the Russian medium or American medium line but when I played the rental T-34-85M... I did thoroughly enjoy that tank.  So, I thought if I go down the Russian line anyways... why not Hellcat?  Looking for opinions...

 

TIA


Edited by DirtiSanchez, Jul 14 2018 - 06:43.


HermanMonster #2 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 06:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6251 battles
  • 277
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

I think playing a lot of different tanks at lower tiers , say 4 or below is fine, kinda getting ti try out all the flavors as you figure out where your heading. Also taking your time going up the tech tree isn't a bad idea at all.

 

Glad you enjoyed the T34-85m , but just realize that the T-34-85 is a good tank in game, it has a lot  weaker armor than the M tank. I have both and you have to finesse the reg 85 a little more. The American meds are fine to and i will say the American mid tier TD's are good ones to start learning with on the TD style, having the turrets , sort of simplify their use for you. The T67 can be a beast and the Hellcat while not as good as it once was , still works fine.

 

I play a quite a few low tier tanks and then started mainly playing meds and heavy, so playing just a couple types of tanks won't hurt , learn those and then start on the others. I'm just now playing some lights and i really don't care for SPG's or non turreted TD's.



NewportReb #3 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 06:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32077 battles
  • 378
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014
So each line has their advantages and disadvantages and each player has their own playstyle. So sticking with one line might not be the best if that said line doesn't fit your style of gameplay that you enjoy. That said I would recommend Russian meds (140 & 62a line) and heavys (is7 line) till you get a little bit of knowledge under your belt. Those lines tend to be really strong and the tanks can bail you out of mistakes a little better. Also you might want to check out the wot wiki and do some reading on the lines to see if any would interest you. 

Silversound #4 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 07:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 38784 battles
  • 4,746
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

This is actually World of Crews, not World of Tanks.

My advice, as a guy who has collected much of the game, stick to a narrow focus.

 

Build up a really good set of crews for one or two nations.

Only after you have a lot more experience should you splurg around the tech tree.

 

Russian Mediums and Heavies FTW.

 

T-34 --> T-54 --> Object 140

 

KV-1S --> KV-85 --> IS-3 --> IS-7



JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 11:22

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22294 battles
  • 1,553
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

When I first started playing, I played basically every line in the game at the same time. It took a lot longer to progress and a whole lot longer to perfect a play-style.

 

After a while, I got nearly all of the lines to at least tier 6, some reaching tier 8. The ones that I liked most got to tier 10.

 

It would be logical to play a little bit of everything at the start, experiment and find something that you enjoy playing. Then stick with that and develop a play-style for that type and run with it. Play through the nations for that line and see how they differ, abuse their strengths and hide the weaknesses. 

 

Once you get a dedicated line, then you should go and experiment with other lines. Though you don't want to forget the old play-style, you always want to keep practicing with them. 

 



Fireplace4 #6 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 12:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30059 battles
  • 515
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

I suggest playing everything. You don't know what you like till you've played it, plus the beat way to find out how to kill something is to be killed in it haha. I play every line in the game, and yeah, it's slowed down my progress, but I enjoy it more. I personally get frustrated playing the same tank more than like 4 times in a row, so having more than a dozen I'm grinding at a time helps with that. 

 

This game has a steep learning curve and the only way to get up it is time. Some peoplw take longer than others but it takes everyone time to learn. Take all the time you need in the lower tiers where things are more forgiving and less people have a truly solid grasp of the mechanics. Strong tier 5 examples of each class to practice in are:

Heavy- KV-1 is one of the most noob friendly tanks to learn angling in, or T1 heavy is good for learning hull-down techniques and how to play pocket heavies (lighter armored more flexible heavies)

Medium- T-34 has an amazing quick firing gun, but lacks armor while the M4 is a great tank to learn to play ridgeline warriors (using the gun depression to expose the least amount of your tank)

Light- this is the most difficult class and will beat you up till you start to get the hang of it but the best tier 5 to learn it is probably the Chaffee, quick with decent spotting and a meh gun (mainly supposed to be spotting)

Tank Destroyer- the T67 is by far the king of turreted tank destroyers (fast, alright gun with mediocre accuracy, and good camo values) while the SU-85 is probably the best tier 5 to learn true turretless TD play (alright armor, good camo, pretty good gun)

Arty- ... Not a fan of arty, but if you want to learn then anything but the British Bishop is a good choice to learn on (the Bishop and the tier 6 after it are pretty unique). 

 

Also something you should know if you don't already- crew experience needed per level grows exponentially not linearly. This means that by the third or fourth skill it will take you ages to get anywhere. It's a good idea to earn some crew skills and some are invaluable (sixth sense, and depending on who you talk to repairs or brothers in arms) but I don't know if your skill per tank tier is quite feasible. Good luck out there and happy grinding!



TsarCidron #7 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 6803 battles
  • 7,926
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012
low to mid tier, sure.  Its good to find what you like, as well as what you are good at.  Only real way is to sample the entire selection.   Once you figure out what you are good at, and what you like, concentrate on those tanks. 

Boghie #8 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 15:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 6011 battles
  • 665
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

Howdy,

 

At around Tier V crews become important for average players.  Somehow the Eggplants in our midst can hunt with cr@ppy crews - but even the purpley types prefer the Grey Poupon of good crews.  You really have to focus to increase the skill of a crew though.  What is working for me is a T-34 (I'm competitive(ish) at Tier V), the Rudy, and the T-34-M.  That gives me three tanks to move crews around for growth without gimping them and without taking me way out of my Wetware Skillset (over Tier VI - I really don't want the legitimate scudding of taking a cr@ppy crew to Tier VII+).  For example, last weekend (as horrid as it was for gameplay and in my case Win Rate) was a x5 event.  That means that I could largely (ugh, a bit too much to talk about here) get three x5 crew skill growth bonuses for that single crew every day.  That crew is a very nice crew indeed now...  You cannot do that without focusing on a country, a line, and a tank.

 

As an example of what a crew does I present my M4.  I've been struggling in it - and, it is KNOWN to be a great tank for this game.  It just felt sluggish.  And, I had a 1+90% skill crew in it.  Should have been better.  Well, that is another tank I gut focused on last weekend.  Brought it up to 2+ skill.  I had followed the advice of using a skill like Camo to give me something while it was increasing and then change upon completion.  Gold, baby, gold.  But, then again, that was when I was Trumpian Rich!!!  But, I thought, what the heck.  It was the plan, stick with it.  Figured out that the gold conversion allowed me to change both skills on each crew member.  Also mathed out the cost - I could convert to my dream crew for less than $4.  Get her done.  So, BIA for first and what I have learned I like for the second and - amazing difference.  Those snapshots I used to take to the face I now give (to some extent :-))  It has made a huge difference.  The M4 is one of my favorites now.

 

So, my recommendation (Beware of Tomatoes with Advice) is to focus two tanks in two lines in two countries and find a premium or two for each to enhance the daily crew grind.



TLWiz #9 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 15:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20836 battles
  • 9,377
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

I just played whatever I wanted to play because nobody is paying me to grind just one line over and over.  Play what you like to play and if it is a bit of everything you may not race up through tiers but you may learn more about the different types and lines. That's how I ended up with 234 tanks in my garage. 

 

Enjoy the game, don't make it a chore.  Yes, do your best and aim to improve but don't waste your time playing a Grant battle after battle non-stop. Variety is nice.


Edited by TLWiz, Jul 14 2018 - 15:42.


FrontenacDuVandoo #10 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 15:44

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10056 battles
  • 382
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

Your plan of improving skills is good, but I would offset it by one tier. So first skill at tier 5 rather than 4. Getting the first skill at tier 4 takes ages compared to tier 5.

 

Also you tend to pick up bad habits at that tier, or at least I did, compared to what is required at higher tiers. Mostly the map positions are very different due to the lower visibility, so you'll have a lot of adjustment to make when you go up compared to learning things strait at tier 5.

 

Note though that you can disregard this if you really like playing a specific tank at tier 4 (or any other tier), then in that case stick with it and improve the crew as much as you want.

This is a game, it should remain fun and not become a chore.



FrontenacDuVandoo #11 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 16:04

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10056 battles
  • 382
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

Oh yeah, to your point about which tier 6... The Hellcat is a Tank Destroyer, not a medium. Some mediums can be played like TDs, but TDs can't be played like mediums. ;)

 

Otherwise your approach of trying different classes is good. No need to focus on a single country.

Some lines have specific flavors, but all classes are fairly similar. If you liked Chinese TD chances are you'll like other turretless TDs as well. [here the exception would be British assault TDs, those play differently].



dunniteowl #12 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 16:09

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23755 battles
  • 5,352
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostDirtiSanchez, on Jul 13 2018 - 23:41, said:

This is coming from a noob perspective... be forewarned.

So, Im debating on the theory-crafting of the gameplay.  While this game is solely intended for stress relief... Im finding myself inquiring on methods of going up the skilltree.  EDIT:  My main focus is getting crew skills up by 1 on every tier.  So, T4, 1 skill... T5 have 2 skills... and so on.

 

Ive been playing a little bit of everything around the T4/T5 level.  SPG, LT, MT, HT and TD from different nations but my question is:

Is it best to stick with a nation and just try one line and hyper-focus on the crew?  Or just keep on playing everything, in my case, LT French, SPG American, HT Russian, TD Chinese?  I just feel that my crews are growing at a snails pace.  Just looking for point of views.

 

Also, if I can throw this question in... the T6 token.  Hellcat or T-34-85?  Im thinking about going down the Russian medium or American medium line but when I played the rental T-34-85M... I did thoroughly enjoy that tank.  So, I thought if I go down the Russian line anyways... why not Hellcat?  Looking for opinions...

 

TIA

 

I'm betting the overriding majority will tell you stick to one or two (or a few, like three to five) tanks you do well in and learn those before branching out.  I didn't do that.

 

I'm also betting the same large percentage will tell you to stick to only one to three nation lines to maintain focus and learn them so that you know what you're doing with that line/class.  I didn't do that.

 

They will also advise you to get to tier V ASAP and then play till you know.  I did sort of do that.

 

I think, most folks benefit greatly from focus on just a few things at a time.  In my real world learning, I tend to get "shotgun" level information from a wide array of sources, many of them very technically oriented, filled with specialized 'tech-speak' in each of their own fields' 'jargon' that makes sorting a diverse and sometimes conflictatory data-set, if you will, my 'normal.'  So I decided I was going to try as much as I could.

 

I started off with: US, UK, DE and all five classes in each nation line.  I blew through tiers I-IV like most do and really hit that grind slowing process at tier V.  I ran out of my ready credits with my first tier VI, which I still have, still don't do that well in and still like.  Then I learned there were stats to this game and that I could examine mine in the garage (I know, it took me like 4300 matches to notice) and then I realized how poorly I was really doing.

 

I haven't read any posts other than yours at this point, so apologies for any repeated things.

 

I recommend you do what most folks advise, honestly.  Not that I agree with all of it, mind.  It's just the most logical and 'normal' path for most to get better at the game.  You should, though think about your T6 token differently.

 

If you are going to go down the Russian Line, then you SHOULD GET the Russian tank.  You cannot train your Russian Crews in a non-Russian tank.  If you're going to grind a line/class, then the more like those that you can swap crew into, the better. The key to this game is composed of a few parts.  Those parts are, at a minimum:

 

          Basic Game Knowledge

Battle Mechanics -- Global Wiki (linked at vision and spotting, though you should read the whole thing at some point)

Crew -- Global Wiki (the ONLY thing that keeps improving [other than YOU] is your Crew. Learn their proper care and feeding here)

 

          Basic Game Concepts

Game Guides and Tutorials (right here in our very own forums, text and video linked advice on just about EVERYTHING WoT)

Lert's Collection of Guides (herein you will find a long and well collected assortment of relatively straightforward, easy to comprehend guides for play)

Sask Outrider's Guides and Thoughts (a higher level of general overall information related to direct game play tactics and strategems)

 

     Experience and Equipment

You can't learn 20K worth of battles overnight, but you can benefit from the experience of others who have all that and more.  There are many YouTubers that also stream that can show you how good players play.  Many seem to swear by them as the key to learning how to play.  My experience was a bit different.  The one person I did learn the most from was Zeven.

 

Zeven's Replay Reviews  Here he reviews the replays of other players who ALMOST won, or who won in spite of themselves, asking for help.  You don't have to play 10, 100, 100,000 or 1,000,000 games for that experience.  You can watch him instead and benefit from the experience he brings to the experience of others while you watch.  Honestly, half the time I kept reaching for my mouse and tried to play while watching these.

 

As to Equipment, folks here in the forums are much better at that than I.  However, always make sure that you can train your crew in as many units as you can, hang onto them if you're going to stick with a line and move them up.  Don't RUSH your grinds (imo) and really LEARN your tanks as you grind them.  Knowing the difference between stock and elited is vital to watching others play and getting effective something from it.

 

I don't play enough to earn much of anything these days, so are the tokens for a Premium or standard Tech Tree tank?  If it's for a standard tank and you like the Russian Line, then it would make sense to get the Russian tank.  The more the merrier in this case of the same -- for the sake of your crew.

 

 

Hope that is helpful

 

OvO

 

Oh, and Welcome to the Madness that is World of Tanks!

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!



Gtraxeman #13 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 16:51

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30279 battles
  • 1,000
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
I dont dedicate any line, I play for variety. To me, its a chore to just "grind". I have more fun playing what suits me any given session. I started playing this game for the WW2 era tanks, so I prefer the mid tiers over the more "modern" tanks.
Like you said, its a game, play it your way.

yruputin #14 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 18:15

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 25094 battles
  • 235
  • [A_P] A_P
  • Member since:
    03-08-2016
Weasley/\ type people will ridicule you. Please FOCUS and play w/o cheat mods unlike those guys. They deny they cheat to quickly go up the line but many have been caught. The OBJ. 140 and the T62a in the T-34/85 line are arguably the best medium Tier x in the game. I reiterate ignore the WEASLEY guys/\ and FOCUS . Have fun:)

Fireplace4 #15 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 18:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30059 battles
  • 515
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

So many people saying you need so many skills... While skills are important and helpful I've done fairly well without specifically focusing crew training. 1.5-2 skills by tier 8 and 3ish skills by tier 10 is fine. It helps to have the skills definitely, but remember it really comes down to individual skill far more than crew skills. I'm not claiming to be a great player but I don't think I'm terrible either, so take that for what it's worth

 

Just as a point of reference, going from a 4th skill to a 5th skill (just 4 to 5, not counting getting to the 4th skill) will take you 3,361,020 exerience... Remember that this is the level you said you wanted to reach at tier 9. That much experience would take 6.7k battles to earn at an average experience of 500 per battle (which is probably about average for a 50% without a premium account). Assuming each battle takes the player about 5 minutes that is a total time of 560 hours of grinding one skill... Now I understand that boosters and all sorts of other things will reduce that but it's still excessive to try and just "bust that out" as some people have suggested...



CRUNCHYNAPKIN__ #16 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 18:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4280 battles
  • 60
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
  • Member since:
    01-17-2015

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Jul 14 2018 - 15:44, said:

Your plan of improving skills is good, but I would offset it by one tier. So first skill at tier 5 rather than 4. Getting the first skill at tier 4 takes ages compared to tier 5.

 

Also you tend to pick up bad habits at that tier, or at least I did, compared to what is required at higher tiers. Mostly the map positions are very different due to the lower visibility, so you'll have a lot of adjustment to make when you go up compared to learning things strait at tier 5.

 

Note though that you can disregard this if you really like playing a specific tank at tier 4 (or any other tier), then in that case stick with it and improve the crew as much as you want.

This is a game, it should remain fun and not become a chore.

 

Start crew training at T5... thats easy enough.  Thx.

CRUNCHYNAPKIN__ #17 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 18:38

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4280 battles
  • 60
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
  • Member since:
    01-17-2015

View Postdunniteowl, on Jul 14 2018 - 16:09, said:

 

I'm betting the overriding majority will tell you stick to one or two (or a few, like three to five) tanks you do well in and learn those before branching out.  I didn't do that.

 

I'm also betting the same large percentage will tell you to stick to only one to three nation lines to maintain focus and learn them so that you know what you're doing with that line/class.  I didn't do that.

 

They will also advise you to get to tier V ASAP and then play till you know.  I did sort of do that.

 

I think, most folks benefit greatly from focus on just a few things at a time.  In my real world learning, I tend to get "shotgun" level information from a wide array of sources, many of them very technically oriented, filled with specialized 'tech-speak' in each of their own fields' 'jargon' that makes sorting a diverse and sometimes conflictatory data-set, if you will, my 'normal.'  So I decided I was going to try as much as I could.

 

I started off with: US, UK, DE and all five classes in each nation line.  I blew through tiers I-IV like most do and really hit that grind slowing process at tier V.  I ran out of my ready credits with my first tier VI, which I still have, still don't do that well in and still like.  Then I learned there were stats to this game and that I could examine mine in the garage (I know, it took me like 4300 matches to notice) and then I realized how poorly I was really doing.

 

I haven't read any posts other than yours at this point, so apologies for any repeated things.

 

I recommend you do what most folks advise, honestly.  Not that I agree with all of it, mind.  It's just the most logical and 'normal' path for most to get better at the game.  You should, though think about your T6 token differently.

 

If you are going to go down the Russian Line, then you SHOULD GET the Russian tank.  You cannot train your Russian Crews in a non-Russian tank.  If you're going to grind a line/class, then the more like those that you can swap crew into, the better. The key to this game is composed of a few parts.  Those parts are, at a minimum:

 

          Basic Game Knowledge

Battle Mechanics -- Global Wiki (linked at vision and spotting, though you should read the whole thing at some point)

Crew -- Global Wiki (the ONLY thing that keeps improving [other than YOU] is your Crew. Learn their proper care and feeding here)

 

          Basic Game Concepts

Game Guides and Tutorials (right here in our very own forums, text and video linked advice on just about EVERYTHING WoT)

Lert's Collection of Guides (herein you will find a long and well collected assortment of relatively straightforward, easy to comprehend guides for play)

Sask Outrider's Guides and Thoughts (a higher level of general overall information related to direct game play tactics and strategems)

 

     Experience and Equipment

You can't learn 20K worth of battles overnight, but you can benefit from the experience of others who have all that and more.  There are many YouTubers that also stream that can show you how good players play.  Many seem to swear by them as the key to learning how to play.  My experience was a bit different.  The one person I did learn the most from was Zeven.

 

Zeven's Replay Reviews  Here he reviews the replays of other players who ALMOST won, or who won in spite of themselves, asking for help.  You don't have to play 10, 100, 100,000 or 1,000,000 games for that experience.  You can watch him instead and benefit from the experience he brings to the experience of others while you watch.  Honestly, half the time I kept reaching for my mouse and tried to play while watching these.

 

As to Equipment, folks here in the forums are much better at that than I.  However, always make sure that you can train your crew in as many units as you can, hang onto them if you're going to stick with a line and move them up.  Don't RUSH your grinds (imo) and really LEARN your tanks as you grind them.  Knowing the difference between stock and elited is vital to watching others play and getting effective something from it.

 

I don't play enough to earn much of anything these days, so are the tokens for a Premium or standard Tech Tree tank?  If it's for a standard tank and you like the Russian Line, then it would make sense to get the Russian tank.  The more the merrier in this case of the same -- for the sake of your crew.

 

 

Hope that is helpful

 

OvO

 

Oh, and Welcome to the Madness that is World of Tanks!

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!

 

TY for the references... Ill definitely look them up.  Im more of a QB fan at this time... (mainly the only reason why I started WoT coming from World of Warships) but of course his playstyle is based upon a premise of having 3-4+ skill crews and I cant find many videos of his that really go back into basics.  Or at least beginning tactics.

If I were to look at my statistics... then I would be hitting my Russian Heavys a lot more and my american mediums since they have the highest win ratios.  But as others have said... LTs are really unforgiving and Im just a father trying to play some tanks with his kid.  So, the dedication and time commitment to a game is maybe 1-2 hours a day max.

 

But, I will heed the advice given and say thx.  Ill stick to a nation and hyper-focus on a crew.



CRUNCHYNAPKIN__ #18 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 18:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4280 battles
  • 60
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
  • Member since:
    01-17-2015

View PostSilversound, on Jul 14 2018 - 07:56, said:

This is actually World of Crews, not World of Tanks.

My advice, as a guy who has collected much of the game, stick to a narrow focus.

 

Build up a really good set of crews for one or two nations.

Only after you have a lot more experience should you splurg around the tech tree.

 

Russian Mediums and Heavies FTW.

 

T-34 --> T-54 --> Object 140

 

KV-1S --> KV-85 --> IS-3 --> IS-7

It definitely seems like its more about World of Crews... doesnt it?!?!?

I am taking the KV-1S route to the IS7 but Im currently diverging to the KV-2 for the derp play... but I think since thats a deadend line for HTs... its worth it?  Im derping my way around with the KV-1S and I can only think its even more laughable with the KV-2.  But, Ive really do like playing LTs but my map knowledge is limited and while I can have a decent game in 1 out of 4... those other 3 games is frustrating as chit!  Then again, everyone says LTs are not very forgiving and Im experiencing that feeling!

My thoughts of getting a Hellcat over the T-34-85 was purely based upon the fact that I will be running up the Russian medium line anyways so is it worth just jumping into a T6 med now?  Or just get that one T6 from a different nation that I pretty much dont plan to play?



dunniteowl #19 Posted Jul 15 2018 - 13:35

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23755 battles
  • 5,352
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostDirtiSanchez, on Jul 14 2018 - 11:34, said:

 

Start crew training at T5... thats easy enough.  Thx.

 

No, start it IMMEDIATELY!  That's the part MOST PEOPLE DON'T GET.

 

CREWS are the ONLY thing you can keep improving, other than yourself.  Pick a crew and stick with that crew.  Make them play that damn tank until they hit 100% Crew and start training those skills right away.  By the time you hit tier V with well played crew and tanks, you will have crews in tier V that have two or three skills already.

 

And as Fireplace4 points out, the player is the real trick part.  That said, why purposely deny yourself the opportunity for an advantage by NOT taking a teensie, weensie bit more time taken to get there?  Most folks think that getting to their destination is the reason they take a path.  That's as may be, but don't ignore the path itself for where it takes you.

 

OvO



GollumsFish #20 Posted Jul 15 2018 - 21:17

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11561 battles
  • 591
  • [GANDP] GANDP
  • Member since:
    11-20-2012

What do you like better?

 

I played all the lines up to tier 5 or 6. Then I just camped at tiers 6 and 7. I don't really plan to grind to tier 8 and higher.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users