Valentine II Question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Thirty_BR #1 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 07:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 177 battles

So I am still learning ins and outs of game, I picked up the tier IV Valentine II, the tier III T-127, and the Tier V Matilda. Regardless if I drank the cool aide, I have read in posts that mention using premium ammo is still profitable after each random battle in premium tanks. Is this true?

Also, what other benefits are there to using premium tanks aside from leveling up crew skills and perks?

The Valentine II, regardless of the many negative posts, is one my my favorite tanks thus far.

Absolute_Territory #2 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 08:37

Major

• Players
  • 19620 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
If you're in a premium tank and have a premium account it is very much possible to lose credits. Every round bounced is going to cost you a lot more on resupply than if you weren't spamming gold.  

Thirty_BR #3 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 10:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 177 battles
Ok, thank you. I have AP rounds for the most part, only bounce off HT’s, few times off mediums or lights and td’s. I been using the reticle that shows penetration and it is teaching me to aim better. I tried the T-127, but I actually find the Valentine II more complimenting to my play style and I am saving the Matilda for when I have a better understanding of the game. Compared to UK tier 4 Matilda, the premium Russian Matilda is not as powerful gun wise, but I think after getting use to it, I should find it just as complimenting as the Valentine II.

Thirty_BR #4 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 10:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 177 battles
I did play a random battle using all apcr, but I found it is way more expensive and to answer my own question, it is not profitable. In fact I was in the red after battle was over and we won. So premium ammo is out as far as only using that. I will carry maybe 10 rounds for HT’s as I am able to pen them with apcr.

Fireplace4 #5 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 12:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29450 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
An important skill to learn in this game is when to use standard ammunition and when to use premium so it's good to hear you're learning it early. Premium tanks are good for credits as well as being able to train crews that are for other tanks of the same nation and tank type. Just in case you don't know (because it's a very useful thing to know and it isn't explained well), if you have a tank crew for a standard tech tree tank from the same nation and tank type (for your Valentine II you would need a USSR light tank crew) you can put them in your premium tank and they will function the same without retraining. Keep them trained for the tech tree tank, send them to the barracks, and then click on the different crew spots in your premium tank and transfer them there. If you are using crews of the same tank class (light, medium, heavy, td, or arty) as the premium tank then you should notice that on the crew member's the name of the tank they are trained for is red, but their training percentage is still white

BabA_YA6A #6 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 13:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26119 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostThirty_BR, on Jul 14 2018 - 14:03, said:

So I am still learning ins and outs of game, I picked up the tier IV Valentine II, the tier III T-127, and the Tier V Matilda. Regardless if I drank the cool aide, I have read in posts that mention using premium ammo is still profitable after each random battle in premium tanks. Is this true?

Also, what other benefits are there to using premium tanks aside from leveling up crew skills and perks?

The Valentine II, regardless of the many negative posts, is one my my favorite tanks thus far.

The standard AP rounds bounce of everything about 75% of the time.

Load 100% premium APCR  rounds on the Val and if you do decent damage you still make a profit.

BabA_YA6A #7 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 13:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26119 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostThirty_BR, on Jul 14 2018 - 17:35, said:

I did play a random battle using all apcr, but I found it is way more expensive and to answer my own question, it is not profitable. In fact I was in the red after battle was over and we won. So premium ammo is out as far as only using that. I will carry maybe 10 rounds for HT’s as I am able to pen them with apcr.

You still have to aim at weak spots to have a better chance of damaging the opponent.

Thirty_BR #8 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 177 battles
Ok, I will give it another go around. I am getting to know the different tanks as in when to walk away vs when to attack, plus I am learning by using the reticle that shows penetration where to aim, but very slow going. One thing I do notice about myself, I find the slower lights and mediums suit my play style better, where’s if I play a faster light and mediums with actual flanking capability, I rush to my death that much faster. My coordination with driving/shooting simultaneously is becoming more smooth, but there are times that the auto aim just will not work so I will switch back to manually aiming and shooting thus effects my ability to drive too. But I am loving the game thus far. I am too passive personality wise to try a heavy, but who knows, after my self confidence in the game becomes concrete in the support role, I will try my hand in heavy’s and TD’s.

Fireplace4 #9 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 18:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29450 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostThirty_BR, on Jul 14 2018 - 11:00, said:

Ok, I will give it another go around. I am getting to know the different tanks as in when to walk away vs when to attack, plus I am learning by using the reticle that shows penetration where to aim, but very slow going. One thing I do notice about myself, I find the slower lights and mediums suit my play style better, where’s if I play a faster light and mediums with actual flanking capability, I rush to my death that much faster. My coordination with driving/shooting simultaneously is becoming more smooth, but there are times that the auto aim just will not work so I will switch back to manually aiming and shooting thus effects my ability to drive too. But I am loving the game thus far. I am too passive personality wise to try a heavy, but who knows, after my self confidence in the game becomes concrete in the support role, I will try my hand in heavy’s and TD’s.

heavy tanks (I know you're not quite at the tier where they are prevalent yet) are probably a good class to be your first true grind then. The KV-1 at tier5 is an excellent place to learn how to play heavies and all the skills associated (how to angle, sidescrape, etc.). Heavies are usually more user friendly because they have the armor and health that forgives mistakes a bit better.

On your mention of auto-aim. Only ever use it on stationary targets you know that you can pen. If they are moving it doesn't track where they will be, just where they are at that moment. Due to this you will always be firing behind them. Also it just locks on to the center of mass, so if you don't have the penetration to go through them there then you'll be wasting your shots. Better to manually aim the shot where you want it to go if you can. Auto-aim is good for stationary weakly armored targets, or if you are close enough and know you can pen. That allows you to focus more on driving

Thirty_BR #10 Posted Jul 15 2018 - 17:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 177 battles
Ok, thank you. I will get the Churchill III too then and give it whirl. Tried the T-127, it is not bad, but a whole different play style. Seams more seat of your pants type of play style.

I know people going to be like why buying premiums and all the negativity. But I think it will help me with learning game just to play these and bank up xp for when I decide on which type of tank to dedicate myself too. So far I am finding my favorite is tier 4 and tier 5 random battles. Tier 1 and tier 2 is fun to just go for some easy kills, but not much xp. Tier 6, I am not ready at all for. I would not be beneficial to my team as my confidence is not there yet.

Necrophore #11 Posted Jul 15 2018 - 18:16

Major

• Players
  • 29452 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

My lower tier premiums carry just enough special ammo to make me break even on a bad game. If I find myself in the red after a battle, that means I have too many shells and I should put a few back into the depot. The Valentine and the T-127 are cheap enough that you can almost fire premium ammo all game long - prioritizing crew training over making a profit - while the Churchill and the Matilda will lose money quickly with their higher ammo costs (especially the Churchill at 2400 silver every 1.91 seconds).

At the other end, I had certain premiums that were set aside a money-makers with little or no premium ammo aboard to eat into their credit earnings.

Thirty_BR #12 Posted Jul 15 2018 - 20:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 177 battles
Lol, cha Ching cha Ching cha Ching

Yes, I just figured out what that sound feels like. Makes me wonder who’s really killing who, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users