Uninstall Preferred MM Bonus Token

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Sangilak #1 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 12:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 39325 battles
  • [CRIT] CRIT

The reason I am uninstalling is that the game has become more a source of frustration than fun. Here are some of the reasons why.

Player skill stacked teams occur way to often. After all the sorting that MM does previous to a battle, sorting based on skill should be a factor.

The reward system in game hinges way too much on individuality. The game should reward more elements of teamplay.

The difference between a win and a loss in all Wargaming titles is so great that it makes the whole community nuts over getting that win, which has created one of the most toxic environments I’ve had the displeasure of experiencing. The “Double XP/Bonus” of the day could be a claimable token, so in the event that the first battle you play is a well-played battle, but a loss, you may choose to claim the “Double XP/Bonus” and move on if you wish. This concept alone could change the dynamics of the server greatly.

The arty nerf/buff was a great move by the company, but there are too many in a battle still. I would prefer to see a cap of 2 per battle.

I own many preferred MM tanks (6 at tier eight alone) I bought them for that reason, to take away the very essence of a purchase because it inconveniences you is simply not fair, nor is it good business practice.

The concept of customer service died years ago in this company. I recall the time when I would get a written-out response by someone who genuinely cared. Now I understand that as the company grew, so did the complaints, so in some cases I understand the need for form letter responses. But when you are voicing a valid concern, ask for a valid reason why (not a form letter) but still get a form letter, that’s just a middle finger in your face.

Lastly, bring back Frontline, make it a full-time thing. Being able to play just tier 8 tanks vs other tier 8 tanks was one of the best things about it.

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 12:31

Captain

• Players
  • 21287 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

Mfezi #3 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 12:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18651 battles
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
I would suggest you wait it out - I am confident that the enjoyment will return. You've got to admit that it is a really good game and the graphics are stunning!.... :)

_Gungrave_ #4 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 12:43

Major

• Players
  • 42188 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostMfezi, on Jul 14 2018 - 12:39, said:

I would suggest you wait it out - I am confident that the enjoyment will return. You've got to admit that it is a really good game and the graphics are stunning!.... :)

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 12:55

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostSangilak, on Jul 14 2018 - 08:10, said:

After all the sorting that MM does previous to a battle, sorting based on skill should be a factor.   SBMM is a terrible idea for RANDOM-skill Battles, that's why it has not been used by WoT for all 8 years of the game's existence and will likely never be used for Random Battles.

The reward system in game hinges way too much on individuality. The game should reward more elements of teamplay.  Random Battles are essentially 1 vs. 29, if you want a team experience, play clan wars or Team Battles or Strongholds, etc.

The difference between a win and a loss in all Wargaming titles is so great that it makes the whole community nuts over getting that win, which has created one of the most toxic environments I’ve had the displeasure of experiencing.     Playing for the win is exactly what everyone should do... how can you complain about players wanting to win ???

Fireplace4 #6 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 13:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29707 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

You might just be burned out, happens to me about once a year. Take a hiatus and come back when you feel the itch to play again. And to your complaints:

1. If they instituted a skill balanced mm then it would increase queue times and blowouts would still happen. Blowouts happen because of snowballing. If you lose one player early then they have more guns than you, making it easier for the next person to be killed and so on. Also a skill balanced mm would make it even more dependent on just a few players to win every game (the top 3-4) meaning everyone average and worse would have to be carried every game.

2. The game does reward teamwork: the bonus you get for winning. Averaged out over plenty of games your winrate is the best metric for your teamplay.

3. I just said how rewarding winning is rewarding teamwork, something you said you wanted, but now you want to undercut the benefit of winning? If wargaming were to lessen the rewards for winning then people wouldn't try as hard to win and qould focus more on damage and kills. Just sniping from the back would earn more credits and experience so why try to win? The rewards for winning are there to incentivise winning, which is the whole goal of playing anyway; to win.

4. Arty. I 100% agree with you.

5. Pref mm tanks, again, 100% agree.

6. I've never filled out a ticket so I've never experienced the customer service side, so I am unfit to comment on this.

7. I agree frontline was great, I don't know how sustainable it would be to keep it around infdefinitely however. Maybe have it alternate on for two weeks off for two weeks or something like that, juat an idea.

Hope some of that helped a little at least

kebab6597 #7 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 13:12

Major

• Players
  • 55467 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Another decent long term player walking sorry to see you go OP hopefully you will return one day if not good luck for the future

ArmorStorm #8 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 35218 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

This isn’t an airport, no need to announce departures. 

nuclearguy931 #9 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:14

Major

• Players
  • 75192 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
See you back here next week, maybe we can toon up?

WangOnTheLoose #10 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 25704 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostSangilak, on Jul 14 2018 - 06:10, said:

The reason I am uninstalling is that the game has become more a source of frustration than fun. Here are some of the reasons why.

Player skill stacked teams occur way to often. After all the sorting that MM does previous to a battle, sorting based on skill should be a factor.

The reward system in game hinges way too much on individuality. The game should reward more elements of teamplay.

The difference between a win and a loss in all Wargaming titles is so great that it makes the whole community nuts over getting that win, which has created one of the most toxic environments I’ve had the displeasure of experiencing. The “Double XP/Bonus” of the day could be a claimable token, so in the event that the first battle you play is a well-played battle, but a loss, you may choose to claim the “Double XP/Bonus” and move on if you wish. This concept alone could change the dynamics of the server greatly.

The arty nerf/buff was a great move by the company, but there are too many in a battle still. I would prefer to see a cap of 2 per battle.

I own many preferred MM tanks (6 at tier eight alone) I bought them for that reason, to take away the very essence of a purchase because it inconveniences you is simply not fair, nor is it good business practice.

The concept of customer service died years ago in this company. I recall the time when I would get a written-out response by someone who genuinely cared. Now I understand that as the company grew, so did the complaints, so in some cases I understand the need for form letter responses. But when you are voicing a valid concern, ask for a valid reason why (not a form letter) but still get a form letter, that’s just a middle finger in your face.

Lastly, bring back Frontline, make it a full-time thing. Being able to play just tier 8 tanks vs other tier 8 tanks was one of the best things about it.

Good luck and hopefully you find something you enjoy!

ThePigSheFlies #11 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:37

Major

• Players
  • 63498 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostSangilak, on Jul 14 2018 - 06:10, said:

The concept of customer service died years ago in this company. I recall the time when I would get a written-out response by someone who genuinely cared. 

in the history of any corporation, that has never happened.

ColonelShakes #12 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11153 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

Super glad you are uninstalling, no one should ever be doing things they do not enjoy in their spare time.  

Nudnick #13 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 24249 battles
I'm just hanging around waiting for Frontline to come back. You could do the same.

Ahrtoo #14 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 33627 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jul 14 2018 - 14:16, said:

Good luck and hopefully you find something you enjoy!

View PostFireplace4, on Jul 14 2018 - 13:00, said:

1. If they instituted a skill balanced mm then it would increase queue times and blowouts would still happen. Blowouts happen because of snowballing. If you lose one player early then they have more guns than you, making it easier for the next person to be killed and so on. Also a skill balanced mm would make it even more dependent on just a few players to win every game (the top 3-4) meaning everyone average and worse would have to be carried every game.

Balancing before team selection would slow things down, but perfect balance isn't necessary. Swapping players in like tanks between teams after the initial draw would be a quick and easy way to bring the sides close enough.

24cups #15 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 14:50

Major

• Players
  • 22963 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
When you uninstall WoT there is a place to put your reasons for uninstalling so that the company knows why.
No need to spew it here too.

_Katyusha___ #16 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 15:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13890 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Unistalling? OK, bye

Player skill depends on the player, there is time tomatoes does very good and blue players (even purple) do stupid things. Add some RNG, and you will get some fun. I'm sure even with skill MM people would complain on "unfair" team arrangements.

Dont you like rewards? Most of times missions are completed playing just like usual. And, game always rewards teamplay. Because winner team gets rewards.

2 arty per side, yep, that would be great. Add a couple nerfs too

There is such fixation with tier VIII, lol. Try playing historical tanks on balanced tiers maybe? Anyway, any change to tier VIII premium is months away (if any) and specs may (and will) change. Whatever, for me those changes are welcome. Hold the drama until something definitive is said.

Customer service is very good. I got very fast and useful answers. The trick is learn to fill the complaint maybe?

Frontline is OK, but it should be for every tier from V and up, rotating the tier every week maybe

MountainLion1 #17 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 15:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22467 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
I personally hate to see you go, each person that leaves makes it that much sooner that I will eventually have to go to the EU server due to NA shutting down. My son has already moved on to other games, but I hope he returns some day. I definitely don’t play as much as I did since I am not able to platoon with him. I hope you find a game that doesn’t frustrate you as much as this game does.

Edited by MountainLion1, Jul 14 2018 - 15:28.

SkaerKrow #18 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 15:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17286 battles
Those all seem like pretty reasonable points. Have fun with whatever you play next. 

I_QQ_4_U #19 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 17:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 17535 battles

View PostSangilak, on Jul 14 2018 - 12:10, said:

Please give details on how they should do this. People keep on saying this but nobody gives any sensible ways in how it could be done.

While there are games where this would be nice it would just contribute far more to your previous complaint. Players just trying to farm damage and not help win the game.

Will make no difference, the ragers will still rage even if there was only one.

They have not even done it and we don't know if they ever will, so why get upset about it? Who knows they could make them much more playable with buffs especially since so many complain how bad a lot fo them are now.

I can understand this if you have a problem but I've rarely ever needed  to contact them for a problem, the only one I did that I can remember it was immediately resolved, don't really care if I got a hand written response.

It still needs a lot of work, I found the arty/air strikes far worse than facing three SPG's in a random game.

spud_tuber #20 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 51097 battles
I'm sorry OP, but first you claim the game rewards individual play too much and should encourage team play more.  The very next paragraph then complains about the single biggest encouragement to play as a team the game has, namely the fact there is such a difference between a win and a loss.  Your points are fighting each other, there.

But, if you're not having fun, then you really shouldn't play.  Just let it go, and try not to be the bitter person that haunts the forums and spews vitriol at the game they claim to hate.  That's not healthy.

Also tagged with Uninstall, Preferred MM, Bonus, Token

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users