XVM Predicters/Snobs - Conversation Thread - Not Complaints

XVM

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: XVM - Cancer, or not Cancer (67 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is XVM a cancerous mod?

1. Yes, it's a miserable mod. (34 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No, the benefits outweigh the negative aspects. (34 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

xXTheGameAceXx #1 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

Now before I go on about the subject matter, just a quick PSA to the few smartasses that I know almost always come along - Read the entire post before making a snarky comment like "yer just too sensitive herr-a-durr". It's just a conversation piece on XVM and something I personally find rather amusing; Not complaints. If you have something to say, contribute to the conversation with something thoughtful, and not just a 5 second post in an attempt to get as many upvotes as possible. Getting tired of people taking things out of context, reading titles only, or briefly skimming and assuming it's some sort of complaint post. Now without further ado, onto the actual post.

Adding an edit in here. PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING. - It's clear that I've apparently managed to offend some people and come across as complain-y. To make a simple and quick amendment to that, let me be very clear: I in no way am intending this to be a complaint, a massive generalization of a group of users, or a personal attack on anyone who uses XVM. As I've said to others now, if it comes across as complain-y or personally offends you, my apologies. This is in no way meant to do so, and may just be a reflection of my style of writing. So again, let me be clear - This isn't made as a generalization of all XVM users, a personal attack, or complaints. Take it with a grain of salt and understand that these are my personal observations and opinions. No need to get hostile, make your own complaints, or run anyone out on a rail.

Random little thread after a match I just had. Anyone else find people who try to predict the match outcome with XVM publicly amusing? Personally, I can't stand XVM as a mod and I personally find that often there are absolute snobs that use the mod, which gives off a negative reflection of the mod, and some of it's users in general. From my experience, those snobs are generally condescending gold spammers who say that literally everyone else on the team besides them is absolutely awful, and once in a while try to say "this is a loss! this team is a bunch of the worst tomatoes!". But once in a while you get those snobs who act like they have a crystal ball and will for sure predict a loss, and those by far have to be my favorite. I swear they're actually good luck charms when they do that, because 9/10 matches where I've encountered those people, it's like the team gets pissed off and tries extra hard to make sure they do their best, and we generally stomp the opposing team. Thereafter is usually followed up with everyone taunting the XVM snob about how it's such a "loss", while they either try to act like they have amnesia and have no idea what everyone is talking about, or come up with some excuses such as saying they were the reason the team won by carrying the team. While 3 - 5 other tanks still out-performed them or they were generally useless and did nothing whatsoever. While people like that are just absolutely miserable, especially if they feel the need to talk down to and berate other players to make themselves feel superior/good about themselves, I just get such a kick out of matches like that! :B:trollface:

Anyone else have any sort of similar/amusing experiences or tales of snobby players like that they'd like to share?

Edited by xXTheGameAceXx, Jul 16 2018 - 21:40.

xrays_ #2 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:33

Major

• Players
  • 49112 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Your "conversation" appears to be more of a one-sided angry complaint.

x.

xXTheGameAceXx #3 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:33, said:

Your "conversation" appears to be more of a one-sided angry complaint.

x.

And there's the first one like expected with his 5 second post. Apparently you didn't read the "Not Complaints" portion. I don't know what you consider to be complaints, but none of this whatsoever is a complaint, unless you're basing off the first part of the title alone.

Noivy #4 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:39

Captain

• Players
  • 32148 battles
I have been silently wishing for the removal of in-battle stat showing modification for a very long time now. To me, it does nothing but spark toxicity among teammates.

xrays_ #5 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 49112 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:31, said:

Personally, I can't stand XVM as a mod and the absolute snobs that use it most of the time.

They're generally condescending gold spammers...

While people like that are just absolutely miserable...

These appear to be complaints. You are stating dislike about something, namely XVM and the "absolute snobs that use it most of the time".

x.

Devildog8 #6 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:43

Major

• Players
  • 10365 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK
how many threads do we need on this?

xXTheGameAceXx #7 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:41, said:

These appear to be complaints. You are stating dislike about something, namely XVM and the "absolute snobs that use it most of the time".

x.

The thread itself isn't focusing on that. Would you rather I throw flowers everywhere praising XVM instead?

xrays_ #8 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 49112 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:46, said:

The thread itself isn't focusing on that. Would you rather I throw flowers everywhere praising XVM instead?

What happened here is you created a thread with the goal to not be a complaint, and then proceed to complain. It would seem you are simply asking for people to back up your point of view, instead of actually engaging in conversation properly. But yeah, these threads pop up daily, and all they are is complaints about something that happened in a match. If you can't handle a little adversity, perhaps you shouldn't be playing this game.

And on top of that, your poll is biased because you describe XVM as "cancerous" instead of simply asking if people like or dislike it and why.

x.

PS> Who doesn't like flowers? Go ahead, throw some around, it might make the place a little prettier.

Zanarkand_C #9 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 19:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28627 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
XVM just makes people cry and drown. 

MacDaddyMatty #10 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 27704 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I would like an "in-game opt out" feature so I show up as gray in the XVM mod.

I think most people would use this.

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:37, said:

"Not Complaints" .

I'm going to complain because you said I can't

Spoiler

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jul 16 2018 - 20:04.

xXTheGameAceXx #11 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:57, said:

What happened here is you created a thread with the goal to not be a complaint, and then proceed to complain. It would seem you are simply asking for people to back up your point of view, instead of actually engaging in conversation properly. But yeah, these threads pop up daily, and all they are is complaints about something that happened in a match. If you can't handle a little adversity, perhaps you shouldn't be playing this game.

And on top of that, your poll is biased because you describe XVM as "cancerous" instead of simply asking if people like or dislike it and why.

x.

PS> Who doesn't like flowers? Go ahead, throw some around, it might make the place a little prettier.

It's still not a complaint post. If I have a negative view on something like XVM, there's nothing wrong with me stating that. If it were one of the usual angry posts going "Oh em gee WaRgAmInG! This game sucks!" with one massive rant about why something is an issue and just sitting there whining about it rather than calmly saying you think it's an issue and offering solutions (to which people still complain in turn, because that seems to be the frequent specialty of the forums), then yes, you'd have a point and this would be a complaint post. All I'm doing is giving my perspective and sharing something I find amusing. If you want to view it/take it a different way, then that's not something I can help. In any case, I'm not going to make a one or two sentence post, to which there would likely still be complaints.

Also while the wording for the poll might be bias, the answers are not. There are indeed clearly negative aspects, which have been talked about and proven in the community (toxicity most specifically), and the answers are only saying either yes, you think the mod is generally miserable, or no, you personally feel that despite some of the negative aspects of the mod that it's still not a bad mod.

Anyways, again, I'm not complaining nor am I attempting to sound whiny, so apologies if to some people it comes across that way. Just please understand that this is meant to be a conversation piece, and that this is just my style of writing.

xXTheGameAceXx #12 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:03, said:

I would like an "in-game opt out" feature so I show up as gray in the XVM mod.

I think most people would use this.

I'm going to complain because you said I can't

Spoiler

I know I definitely would love the feature! Not that I'm a terrible player, but it's just less hassle.

Haha, I love your posts! You've gotta be one of the best people on the forums! :)

XxMOJOBALLSxX #13 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20120 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

Personally I use XVM to c what my team can and can't do, it is just a series of stats that shows what each player on both teams can do. Stats however ARE NOT FULL PROOF. They have a chance of being predictable or not. There are always going to be some games that are not going to follow what the expectations will be.

_Tsavo_ #14 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 42389 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I cannot vote in your poll, it is black and white for or against.  As for the "doomsayers" I find they generally aren't good and not worth considering or recognizing beyond a mental note that that particular player is likely incompetent.

I've pulled for fog of war in pubs for a while.  Simply block player names until the end of the match, only show what the enemy is and not who the enemy is.

As for complaints, it seems a rather complain-y post, or at best a bit of a ruffled feathers rant.

Edit: mobile auto-correct and a word

Benjeeh_CA #15 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30096 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

View PostZanarkand_C, on Jul 16 2018 - 10:59, said:

XVM just makes people cry and drown. 

took a week off first match 2 friendly arty  drowned at the start

ElPuffMo #16 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32686 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
The best players in this game (those players that make all the rest of us look like tomatoes) always try their best and regularly surmount enormous odds, with or without xvm. Those purples are not the ones to prematurely claim a loss is in store, nor do they suicide. I think OP is falsely accusing and confusing one generalized group of players with another. I have found that most of the "condescending gold-spammers" are just insecure, average players that have not yet achieved game greatness and are frustrated that they don't know how to improve, so they suicide, claim a loss, and foolishly follow the xvm forecast instead of mustering up the courage, teamwork, and self responsibility required to beat the odds.     

Deputy276 #17 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 19065 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 12:31, said:

t.

Random little thread after a match I just had. Anyone else find people who try to predict the match outcome with XVM publicly amusing? Personally, I can't stand XVM as a mod and the absolute snobs that use it most of the time. They're generally condescending gold spammers who say that literally everyone else on the team besides them is absolutely awful, and once in a while try to say "this is a loss! this team is a bunch of the worst tomatoes!". But once in a while you get those snobs who act like they have a crystal ball and will for sure predict a loss, and those by far have to be my favorite. I swear they're actually good luck charms when they do that, because 9/10 matches where I've encountered those people, it's like the team gets pissed off and tries extra hard to make sure they do their best, and we generally stomp the opposing team. Thereafter is usually followed up with everyone taunting the XVM snob about how it's such a "loss", while they either try to act like they have amnesia and have no idea what everyone is talking about, or come up with some excuses such as saying they were the reason the team won by carrying the team. While 3 - 5 other tanks still out-performed them or they were generally useless and did nothing whatsoever. While people like that are just absolutely miserable, especially if they feel the need to talk down to and berate other players to make themselves feel superior/good about themselves, I just get such a kick out of matches like that! :B:trollface:

Anyone else have any sort of similar/amusing experiences or tales of snobby players like that they'd like to share?

Wow! What a huge pile of fecal matter generalizations this one is! So let me just respond to this silliness:

#1 I use XVM.

#2 I never ever spam gold ammo. I am playing to earn credits, not burn them. I am still grinding through quite a few lines and spamming gold would be counter-productive. I need credits to buy tanks and upgrades.

#3 Before the Battle actually starts, I look over the opposing team for good players based on their colors. I warn my team to "stay away/be careful of John Doe" and usually I get agreement from other XVM users. Sometimes I get a question like "why". And I explain he is teal or purple and may be quite good. After that I really don't give a crap what they do. It's their call, not mine.

#4 Occasionally, I will warn a team I am on "this doesn't look good for us". I never ever predict an outcome. That simply isn't possible. See my signature line for my feelings about that.

#5 I am not a good player and never even think of claiming to be. I am one of those players that play for fun. It's just a game for me and it always will be. I had enough of the real thing when I was in for 3 years (1967-70).

Can't go any further because I will get a second reprimand and you aren't worth it. 

Edited by Deputy276, Jul 16 2018 - 20:34.

xXTheGameAceXx #18 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View PostXxMOJOBALLSxX, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:13, said:

Personally I use XVM to c what my team can and can't do, it is just a series of stats that shows what each player on both teams can do. Stats however ARE NOT FULL PROOF. They have a chance of being predictable or not. There are always going to be some games that are not going to follow what the expectations will be.

I think that's the reasonable use of the mod, but in my opinion it feels like it starts making stats far too much of a focus for a lot of players, and a lot of players end up using it as their personal crystal ball or justification for being nasty with others. If people used it solely for checking on allied stats to help them determine what to do in the match, I don't think anyone would complain about XVM.

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:14, said:

I cannot vote in your poll, it is black and white for or against.  As for the "doomsayers" I find they generally aren't good and not worth considering or recognizing beyond a mental note that that particular player is likely incompetent.

I've pulled for fog of war in pubs for a while.  Simply block player names until the end of the match, only show what the enemy is and not who the enemy is.

As for complaints, it seems a rather complain-y post, or at best a bit of a ruffled feathers rant.

Fair enough and good points.

To address the complain-y thing again, maybe I'll make a quick edit up top, but yet again apologies if it comes across as complain-y. Isn't now and never was the intention of the post or most any of my posts.

View PostElPuffMo, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:21, said:

The best players in this game (those players that make all the rest of us look like tomatoes) always try their best and regularly surmount enormous odds, with or without xvm. Those purples are not the ones to prematurely claim a loss is in store, nor do they suicide. I think OP is falsely accusing and confusing one generalized group of players with another. I have found that most of the "condescending gold-spammers" are just insecure, average players that have not yet achieved game greatness and are frustrated that they don't know how to improve, so they suicide, claim a loss, and foolishly follow the xvm forecast instead of mustering up the courage, teamwork, and self responsibility required to beat the odds.     

I'm not accusing anyone at all, or trying to generalize an entire group of players. I didn't say "everyone who uses XVM" anywhere, or even "most people who use XVM". Latest was actually a guy who had good/purple stats, so I'm not making assumptions. I think a lot of the condescending sorts are indeed insecure and have to find a way to make themselves feel better, like I said. I also think it's fair to say that there are players on the opposite side who are just outright pricks who think they're above everyone else.

cloudwalkr #19 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 54563 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jul 16 2018 - 20:14, said:

Same here.

minneerminneer #20 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29391 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

For me personally I love having xvm I have never had the win % turned on as well.  For me it is a tool to see the skill level of the players that are supporting me because if my team consists of bright red tomatoes and I'm the only half decent player then I won't be leading the push.  But if my team is yellow to green mostly then sure I would expect them to know to go with me.

For me xvm is just a tool that can be very handy in seeing how agressive or passive I need to play to maximize my impact on that game.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users