XVM Predicters/Snobs - Conversation Thread - Not Complaints

XVM

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: XVM - Cancer, or not Cancer (67 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is XVM a cancerous mod?

1. Yes, it's a miserable mod. (34 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No, the benefits outweigh the negative aspects. (34 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

xXTheGameAceXx #21 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:33, said:

Wow! What a huge pile of fecal matter generalizations this one is! So let me just respond to this silliness:

#1 I use XVM.

#2 I never ever spam gold ammo. I am playing to earn credits, not burn them. I am still grinding through quite a few lines and spamming gold would be counter-productive. I need credits to buy tanks and upgrades.

#3 Before the Battle actually starts, I look over the opposing team for good players based on their colors. I warn my team to "stay away/be careful of John Doe" and usually I get agreement from other XVM users. Sometimes I get a question like "why". And I explain he is teal or purple and may be quite good. After that I really don't give a crap what they do. It's their call, not mine.

#4 Occasionally, I will warn a team I am on "this doesn't look good for us". I never ever predict an outcome. That simply isn't possible. See my signature line for my feelings about that.

#5 I am not a good player and never even think of claiming to be. I am one of those players that play for fun. It's just a game for me and it always will be. I had enough of the real thing when I was in for 3 years (1967-70).

Can't go any further because I will get a second reprimand and you aren't worth it. 

Whew, someone is taking this the wrong way and super personally. It's my observations, not a scientific statement of facts that personally reflects back on you, so calm down a bit please.

#1. That's fine. I'm not complaining about you, am I?

#2. Did I say you were a gold spammer? I'm merely making statements based on *my personal experiences and observations of what I often see*. There's plenty of people I see that do spam nonstop gold like they have the key to Fort Knox.

#3. I actually like players like that a good deal. They're actually trying to be quite helpful and work with the team rather.

#4. Referencing my previous responses, I didn't say you in specific do that, nor did I say that everyone with XVM does. No need to get offended here.

#5. I play for fun as well. If I cared about being competitive, I'd join a serious clan or play E-sports. I wish more people would just play for the fun of the game as it was intended to be.

l_Chewie_l #22 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 20:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21708 battles
  • [AORT] AORT

View Postminneerminneer, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:45, said:

For me personally I love having xvm I have never had the win % turned on as well.  For me it is a tool to see the skill level of the players that are supporting me because if my team consists of bright red tomatoes and I'm the only half decent player then I won't be leading the push.  But if my team is yellow to green mostly then sure I would expect them to know to go with me.

For me xvm is just a tool that can be very handy in seeing how agressive or passive I need to play to maximize my impact on that game.

Hammer meet nail.

YANKEE137 #23 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 10592 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
yer just too sensitive herr-a-durr

xXTheGameAceXx #24 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Jul 16 2018 - 15:01, said:

yer just too sensitive herr-a-durr

Oh em gee yer a horrible persun! How could you do this!?! I'm calling the feelings police! >:O

Zogbert #25 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 28451 battles
To me xvm is like gold ammo.  Anyone can choose to use it or not and get whatever benefits might come with it. I personally choose to use it.

Crickxus #26 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6648 battles
  • [LDC] LDC

i used to have XVM to keep track of how many shots i got into some tanks, and which ones i got, also to add the tank type icons and better see gold ammo (not to rely on armor)

but i never had the win or player skill/info enabled,

also since last patch it just doesn't work anymore, so i do without

owlgator #27 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:32

Captain

• Players
  • 14812 battles

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 12:31, said:

I in no way am intending this to be a complaint, a massive generalization of a group of users, ...

I can't stand XVM as a mod and the absolute snobs that use it most of the time. They're generally condescending gold spammers who say that literally everyone else on the team besides them is absolutely awful, and once in a while try to say "this is a loss! this team is a bunch of the worst tomatoes!".

My favorite part of your post.

Regardless, it's frustrating to see people chat about the win probability.  People can get heavily influenced by just the slightest statistic, even if it's not accurate.  Unfortunately there are dumb enough players who see a low win probability and then drive their tank off a cliff.  While they may stink at the game, I could sure use their HP as cover.

ElPuffMo #28 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32685 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:39, said:

I think that's the reasonable use of the mod, but in my opinion it feels like it starts making stats far too much of a focus for a lot of players, and a lot of players end up using it as their personal crystal ball or justification for being nasty with others. If people used it solely for checking on allied stats to help them determine what to do in the match, I don't think anyone would complain about XVM.

Fair enough and good points.

To address the complain-y thing again, maybe I'll make a quick edit up top, but yet again apologies if it comes across as complain-y. Isn't now and never was the intention of the post or most any of my posts.

I'm not accusing anyone at all, or trying to generalize an entire group of players. I didn't say "everyone who uses XVM" anywhere, or even "most people who use XVM". Latest was actually a guy who had good/purple stats, so I'm not making assumptions. I think a lot of the condescending sorts are indeed insecure and have to find a way to make themselves feel better, like I said. I also think it's fair to say that there are players on the opposite side who are just outright pricks who think they're above everyone else.

Sorry I misunderstood you. But, don't worry --- everyone gets their fair share of the jerks.  

_Katyusha___ #29 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14487 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

First, yes it is bad to the game.

Second, there should not be any benefit at battle over vanilla client. Because fairness.

Just ban it.

xXTheGameAceXx #30 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View Postowlgator, on Jul 16 2018 - 15:32, said:

My favorite part of your post.

Regardless, it's frustrating to see people chat about the win probability.  People can get heavily influenced by just the slightest statistic, even if it's not accurate.  Unfortunately there are dumb enough players who see a low win probability and then drive their tank off a cliff.  While they may stink at the game, I could sure use their HP as cover.

Referencing in specific the snobs. I also use "generally" a lot :P Definitely understand where people are getting it now though lol. I'll make a quick edit for clarity.

Definitely agree with you though. Even if you think it's going to be a loss, just play your best and keep the notion of the loss to yourself. Or at least until the match is down to 1 - 7 in the first 2 minutes.

View PostElPuffMo, on Jul 16 2018 - 15:34, said:

Sorry I misunderstood you. But, don't worry --- everyone gets their fair share of the jerks.  

No worries mate! It happens. :)

Edited by xXTheGameAceXx, Jul 16 2018 - 21:37.

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #31 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 25398 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

[edited]-eating [edited]-gibbons who say "well, this is a loss" and then immediately commit suicide should have their [edited] nethers attacked by rabid weasels main-lining crack and hopped up on quad espressos that have dipped their fangs in rock-salt.

But I'm not bitter...

~Beorn

Flarvin #32 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 21:58

Major

• Players
  • 52050 battles

I have seen players claim the match is a loss during count down for many reasons, outside of xvm. 

When I ran xvm, I was surprised how many would claim a loss when the win chance was 50%+. 

Da_Craw #33 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 22:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 25990 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:33, said:

#3 Before the Battle actually starts, I look over the opposing team for good players based on their colors. I warn my team to "stay away/be careful of John Doe" and usually I get agreement from other XVM users. Sometimes I get a question like "why". And I explain he is teal or purple and may be quite good. After that I really don't give a crap what they do. It's their call, not mine.

#4 Occasionally, I will warn a team I am on "this doesn't look good for us". I never ever predict an outcome. That simply isn't possible. See my signature line for my feelings about that.

#5 I am not a good player and never even think of claiming to be. I am one of those players that play for fun. It's just a game for me and it always will be. I had enough of the real thing when I was in for 3 years (1967-70).

Can't go any further because I will get a second reprimand and you aren't worth it. 

#3:  Don't comment to the team about specific players.  If they know what to do with that info, then they don't need the info in the first place.  those who don't know what to do will either be ultra passive because you have scared them, or they will yolo the purple and get smoked.

#4: Don't.  Anyone who cares to know the lay of the land already does.

Sparkster3 #34 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 23:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3706 battles
  • [SPK] SPK

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:03, said:

I would like an "in-game opt out" feature so I show up as gray in the XVM mod.

I think most people would use this.

I'm going to complain because you said I can't

Spoiler

go to xvm site and uncheck share data 

Flarvin #35 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 52050 battles

View PostSparkster3, on Jul 16 2018 - 17:12, said:

go to xvm site and uncheck share data 

Not possible. 

samael75 #36 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 23:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21107 battles
  • [SEEL6] SEEL6

TLDR version :

This is not complain! REEEEEEE XVM REEEEEEEE gold ammo REEEEEEEEEEE something something

Fluttershy #37 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 00:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3072 battles
  • [T-POL] T-POL
I'm sorry but, I've been on a three year break and only vaguely remember what XVM is. Is it that thing that shows you everyone's win/loss ratio in-game and then kicks back a "how likely you are to win this match" based on the W/L of each team?

xXTheGameAceXx #38 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 00:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View Postsamael75, on Jul 16 2018 - 17:54, said:

My own TL;DR version because I didn't really read the main post or following posts and I'm only on here to post crap :

This is not complain! REEEEEEE XVM REEEEEEEE gold ammo REEEEEEEEEEE something something

There. I corrected it for you.

View PostFluttershy, on Jul 16 2018 - 18:01, said:

I'm sorry but, I've been on a three year break and only vaguely remember what XVM is. Is it that thing that shows you everyone's win/loss ratio in-game and then kicks back a "how likely you are to win this match" based on the W/L of each team?

Yep. I mean it's not a terrible mod based on what it was made to do, but what a lot of people use it for is what makes it a pain.

Edited by xXTheGameAceXx, Jul 17 2018 - 00:05.

Deputy276 #39 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 00:18

Major

• Players
  • 19065 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostDa_Craw, on Jul 16 2018 - 15:19, said:

#3:  Don't comment to the team about specific players.  If they know what to do with that info, then they don't need the info in the first place.  those who don't know what to do will either be ultra passive because you have scared them, or they will yolo the purple and get smoked.

#4: Don't.  Anyone who cares to know the lay of the land already does.

Sorry, but I will continue to do what i said I would do. I know some unicums don't like being singled out by someone. Too bad so sad. Complain to WG. They are the ones that give us XVM. And I never assume that everyone "knows the lay of the land". Certainly not with the teams I have been seeing. There are a whole lot of people "failing up" to tier 8-10 and they haven't a clue about where to go and what to do with the opposing players.  Help in knocking out major threats and prioritizing them is what XVM does well. And what I will continue to do by announcing the unicums to the team. There is a cost to being a really good player. They will just have to deal with it or quit.

Sturmgeschut #40 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 00:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11821 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS
It benefits awful players, of which there are many more than good players, so of course the majority that use it are going to say it's good.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users