XVM Predicters/Snobs - Conversation Thread - Not Complaints

XVM

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: XVM - Cancer, or not Cancer (67 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is XVM a cancerous mod?

1. Yes, it's a miserable mod. (34 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No, the benefits outweigh the negative aspects. (34 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

minneerminneer #41 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 00:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29286 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
How does it benifit awful players.  I consider myself ok at this game and I love using xvm just to know how smart I need to play in a game

samael75 #42 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 00:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21107 battles
  • [SEEL6] SEEL6

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 23:04, said:

There. I corrected it for you.

Yep. I mean it's not a terrible mod based on what it was made to do, but what a lot of people use it for is what makes it a pain.

No need for correction,ive read your post and thats exactly what it was.Also your poll is biased,i cant see any "negative" aspects of XVM.Its just a tool.

Do you blame hammer when you hit yourself in a finger too?

Edited by samael75, Jul 17 2018 - 00:48.

xXTheGameAceXx #43 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 01:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View Postsamael75, on Jul 16 2018 - 18:47, said:

No need for correction,ive read your post and thats exactly what it was.Also your poll is biased,i cant see any "negative" aspects of XVM.Its just a tool.

Do you blame hammer when you hit yourself in a finger too?

Indeed need for correction. You're not here to be friendly or contribute to a conversation or any sort of experience. You're just here to belittle and act like a bit of an [edited], which is something I don't appreciate. You very clearly have not read what I said or anything that came after. Multiple people have understood after I've made corrections and what my intent was. Either you didn't see any of that, or you just really don't care. I've even clearly defined what a complaint post would be, and even made some edits to clarify and smooth out the original post. Either way, I'm saying exactly what the intent of the post is as I have everyone else. If you wish to ignore that and believe that your perception trumps reality, that's your problem. With the poll, it's still I'd fare to say understood by most everyone as to exactly what it means. Clearly the mod itself isn't sentient and being a prick to other players.

In any case, unless you're wanting to get involved in a real conversation, politely I might add, just move along to another thread, and understand that maybe this thread isn't for you. I won't continue to waste my time with people who are just here to act like an authority and try to tell me what I really mean, even after I've clarified my point several times now.

_J_D_ #44 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 01:02

Captain

• Players
  • 78941 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

XVM should have been ban as a 3rd party program. It is used for cheap ashes who hide under "cosmetic upgrade" to gain advantage over other players. It is also used to test all kinds of illegal programs with the direct consent by a hypocritical company who will perma ban this same illegal mods. Unfortunately this same company is too lazy or incompetent to detect nor deter any such illegal mods. These undetectable mods can be obtain through subscription with a falsely promise that it will be updated every patch. This same illegal mods are tested each patch with dummy accounts are then permaban until one account passes all the detection which are then used to distribute to other users who paid the subscription. 

Fluttershy #45 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 03:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3072 battles
  • [T-POL] T-POL

I guess I should comment on what I think, as an extremely low tier player, I don't really mind too much if people see my stats. The thing I mind more is when people see how bad I am and just kind of refuse to help me, tell other people in the chat, or actively abuse me for it. I just like to play video games, they're a nice escape even though my tastes kind of go against the grain of my own problems.

People just kinda' see you as a stat and nothing else, they don't care you managed to get to T8 despite your 40% win rate without any boosts at all. It's fine though, such is life.

MacDaddyMatty #46 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 12:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 27607 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 16 2018 - 14:33, said:

#4 Occasionally, I will warn a team I am on "this doesn't look good for us". I never ever predict an outcome. That simply isn't possible. See my signature line for my feelings about that.

IMHO, this is no different than saying "we lose".

You are sewing the seeds of defeat into your team.

I would have great resentment to you if you did this in my match, as attitude is the overwhelming factor in winning and losing.

A player with a good attitude is more likely to be patient and play the long game, and less likely to YOLO, chase damage, and look to "end this one quickly and get into the next one".

You aren't predicting the outcome, but you are influencing it to be a loss.

YMMV

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jul 17 2018 - 12:26.

NeatoMan #47 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 13:31

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Jul 16 2018 - 13:31, 

But once in a while you get those snobs who act like they have a crystal ball and will for sure predict a loss, and those by far have to be my favorite. I swear they're actually good luck charms when they do that, because 9/10 matches where I've encountered those people, it's like the team gets pissed off and tries extra hard to make sure they do their best, and we generally stomp the opposing team. Thereafter is usually followed up with everyone taunting the XVM snob about how it's such a "loss", while they either try to act like they have amnesia and have no idea what everyone is talking about, or come up with some excuses such as saying they were the reason the team won by carrying the team.

So i should keep posting "GG we lose" in game chat if I want to win?  (Even though I haven't used XVM for almost a year)

Seems odd, because most people tell me that it's demoralizing to the team (whatever that means).

If they happen to win I just tell them to suck more next time

NeatoMan #48 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 13:34

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jul 17 2018 - 06:24, said:

I would have great resentment to you if you did this in my match, as attitude is the overwhelming factor in winning and losing.

A player with a good attitude is more likely to be patient and play the long game, and less likely to YOLO, chase damage, and look to "end this one quickly and get into the next one".

YMMV

How often do you change your play style based on what someone says at the beginning of chat?  What makes you think everyone else does?

Kliphie #49 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 13:51

Major

• Players
  • 30755 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
It's interesting that all the posts called out by the OP as being non-conversational are those not in agreement with his opening statement.  Not a complaint, mind you, just an observation.  

MacDaddyMatty #50 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 13:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 27607 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostNeatoMan, on Jul 17 2018 - 07:34, said:

How often do you change your play style based on what someone says at the beginning of chat?  What makes you think everyone else does?

Me by what someone says?

Consciously: Never.

Subconsciously: hrm...

Anecdotally, I have witnessed players increase the YOLO or Red-line, which I must assume is based on the "we lose" chat as there seems to be correlation between the "we lose" and player actions - although to be fair, I may just notice it more after being perturbed by the "we lose".

But there is a reason that Sales teams, Sports teams, Politicians, Police, ER doctors and Nurses, etc, etc, have some form of "rah-rah" session prior to a game, work-day, shift, etc, etc. That simple time spent connecting and focusing positively has great effect on the performance and emotional well being of those who take part.

Would you not agree the opposite effect and influence?

From Sun Tsu to Shakespeare, history and literature has endless examples of the charisma of a leader rallying the forces and swaying the tide of battle!

If we are mark'd to die, we are enough
To do our country loss; and if to live,

The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.

...God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!

Rather proclaim it, Westmorland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.

This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.

He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Crispian."
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."

Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words—
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

I'm just saying, it is far better to be the positive force that fills the team with WIN,

than the emo-doushe who harshes everyone's mellow. 

YMMV

NeatoMan #51 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 14:57

Major

• Players
  • 26212 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jul 17 2018 - 07:58, said:

Me by what someone says?

Consciously: Never.

Subconsciously: hrm...

Anecdotally, I have witnessed players increase the YOLO or Red-line, which I must assume is based on the "we lose" chat as there seems to be correlation between the "we lose" and player actions - although to be fair, I may just notice it more after being perturbed by the "we lose".

From my experience it's probably the latter. People are usually pretty set in their ways , and what you witness is probably typical for those players.  Those teams aren't losing because what some anonymous person types in chat, but probably because they are genuinely bad.

Btw, I never bought into that rah rah crap salesmen, cheerleaders and politicians preach.  Too much of fake jngoistic patriotism for my tastes

Kliphie #52 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 30755 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostNeatoMan, on Jul 17 2018 - 08:57, said:

Btw, I never bought into that rah rah crap salesmen, cheerleaders and politicians preach.  Too much of fake jngoistic patriotism for my tastes

Best way to improve morale and fighting spirit?  Exctasy. 

MacDaddyMatty #53 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 15:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 27607 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostNeatoMan, on Jul 17 2018 - 08:57, said:

From my experience it's probably the latter. People are usually pretty set in their ways , and what you witness is probably typical for those players.  Those teams aren't losing because what some anonymous person types in chat, but probably because they are genuinely bad.

You are the exception to the rule.

My years of training and experience in both sales and leading troops in combat demonstrated that *most* people benefit from being positively motivated, and find negative reinforcement to be a hindrance.

Myself included.

sleeper_agent #54 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 15:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 21943 battles

i used to be against mods like XVM but the more I look at stats after rolfstomps and seeing my top tiers at 48%, 44% and 43% while the enemys top tiers were 49%, 50% and 54% I find it insulting that I tried my best only to have wasted my time in a foregone conclusion of a loss.

Deputy276 #55 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 19065 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jul 17 2018 - 05:24, said:

YMMV

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But I will continue to do what I do. If there are seeds of defeat in the team, then no announcement is going to increase or prevent them from growing. They are already there to start with. And forgetabout that PMA stuff. You can have a crapload of PMA, but if you are going valley on Lakeville in a heavy, or going beach on Overlord with a heavy, no amount of PMA is going to help you. And you are screwing "the team" in the process.Plus you are confirming what I already posted.

Patience is something that is learned over time in this game. There is a time for patience and a time for aggression. Camping is not "patience"...it's just being stupid. Nothing I say can affect someone's attitude. That is formed before the battle even starts.

Edited by Deputy276, Jul 17 2018 - 15:18.

MacDaddyMatty #56 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 15:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 27607 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 17 2018 - 09:17, said:

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But I will continue to do what I do.

Yup. Free will.

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 17 2018 - 09:17, said:

If there are seeds of defeat in the team, then no announcement is going to increase or prevent them from growing.

But what if the seeds ARE NOT there?

And if they are there, yes they can ABSOUTELY be affected - that's why they are "seeds".

Seeds grow or they don't

Ask yourself: How are you influencing which one happens?

As I said, it is far better to be the positive force that fills the team with WIN,

than the emo-doushe who harshes everyone's mellow. 

Not saying you're the latter without observing exactly what you're doing.

But not all "help" is "helpful".

Block Quote

Nothing I say can affect someone's attitude. That is formed before the battle even starts.

MANY a battle I've gone into feeling positive, and some d-bag's racist or other negative comments squewes me sour. MANY battles I've gone into feeling sour and someone joke or "Hi Mac o7" makes me smile. Of course we affect each others attitude - it's part of the human condition.

That's why I always try to make my posts as positive as possible.

Life is to short to spend it being a downer.

YMMV

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jul 17 2018 - 16:06.

xXTheGameAceXx #57 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 17:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10056 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Jul 17 2018 - 07:31, said:

So i should keep posting "GG we lose" in game chat if I want to win?  (Even though I haven't used XVM for almost a year)

Seems odd, because most people tell me that it's demoralizing to the team (whatever that means).

If they happen to win I just tell them to suck more next time

I mean I'm just saying, it seems oddly enough like I get wins 9/10 times when someone does that at the start of a match :hiding:

But it's probably just a coincidence. Right?

awildseaking #58 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 23:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10913 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

The problem is [edited], not [edited]using a mod. I find it useful to know who I can count on and who will yolo in the first 10 seconds. Plus it sours my expectations so I can focus less on winning and more on trying (and often failing) to have fun.

Generally, anything that is >80% is an automatic win. Anything less than that is a tossup. A 70% game is just as likely to end in defeat as a 10% game. It all depends on what I do. You can never trust % chance except in the extremes because the % chance is determined by WN8 and not by relevance to the team. A lot of >50%s get inflated by a unicum in arty or a bottom tier heavy. Stats are only relevant to relevant players. If your top tiers are [edited]ters, that's a guaranteed loss.

Edited by awildseaking, Jul 17 2018 - 23:58.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users