Uneven tank comps for teams

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

nvl1986 #1 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 03:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21058 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
What is so hard for Wargaming staff to figure MM??  They already completely [edited]e the bed with their god awful 3-5-7 matches but this crap where one team gets arty and the other doesn't or uneven match ups for tanks.  Leave it to WG to say they are going to improve and fix something but they always make it worse.  company deserves to go bankrupt and all of its employees become homeless.

The_Illusive_Man #2 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 03:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles
If you think not having arty on one side is important, then you dont understand just how useless arty is in most engagements. As for tank imbalances, this is mostly due to low server pop. Go play on the RU, or EU server, and its mostly fine.

LintinPocket #3 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 04:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 461 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 30 2018 - 20:47, said:

If you think

This is the key and he didnt.

GenErwinRommel #4 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 04:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 69245 battles
  • [CATF] CATF

I can penn most tier 8 with the tiger 131 tier 6 tank

so I don't  mind the 357 crap 90%of the time

except the Russian OP tank s have a hard time penn them from anywhere from the frount it seems they have no week spot in the front like all non Russian tank trees

and it seems they do more damage per shot than all the other tier 8 tank I face

oh I forgot this is a Russian game

so I ques they feel they have the right to be a bunch of racist

Frostblitz20 #5 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 04:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3850 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA
I try to tell people have one team with arty and another doesn’t puts the team with arty at more of a disadvantage due to there damage is way too rng based plus your loosing 1500+ hp more as well. Very rarely I’ve seen arty be a full on game changer and that’s due to most arty players are junk or don’t have well trained crews to make that class work well.

nvl1986 #6 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 05:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21058 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View PostLintinPocket, on Jul 30 2018 - 21:03, said:

This is the key and he didnt.

I think a little bit harder then you tool.  I could care less about arty.  I bring it up because it further proves my point that WG has Screwed MM over and they really don't care to fix it.  so suck it beach

Roggg2 #7 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 13:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 21985 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I miss the days of the unbalanced team compositions.  It added more variety to the game, and a strategic element of trying to figure out how best to exploit the differences.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #8 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 52187 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
... because on himmlesdorf, an AMX 50b and an IS-7 are the same as a MAUS & Type 5.

24cups #9 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 24502 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGenErwinRommel, on Jul 30 2018 - 22:45, said:

I can penn most tier 8 with the tiger 131 tier 6 tank

so I don't  mind the 357 crap 90%of the time

except the Russian OP tank s have a hard time penn them from anywhere from the frount it seems they have no week spot in the front like all non Russian tank trees

and it seems they do more damage per shot than all the other tier 8 tank I face

oh I forgot this is a Russian game

so I ques they feel they have the right to be a bunch of racist

I don't think you really understand what the term racist means. 

BillT #10 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostFrostblitz20, on Jul 30 2018 - 22:52, said:

I try to tell people have one team with arty and another doesn’t puts the team with arty at more of a disadvantage due to there damage is way too rng based plus your loosing 1500+ hp more as well. 

I agree.  I'm fairly good with arty, but in the two games I've played where I was the only arty in the game, my team lost both -- badly.

In addition to Frostblitz's points above, also understand that arty's damage output is heavily time-based.  You do slow, but fairly consistent damage.  Your total damage is proportional to the length of the game.  So if the game ends quickly, you just don't have enough time to fire enough shells to carry your weight.  If your team gets rolled, you can't be effective.

The_Pushok #11 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 18:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16428 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

View PostRoggg2, on Jul 31 2018 - 13:53, said:

I miss the days of the unbalanced team compositions.  It added more variety to the game, and a strategic element of trying to figure out how best to exploit the differences.

Got to agree with this. I am a recent player compared to many, but I do remember before the MM change how one team would have say six heavies, and the other team would have one. It does add to the game in that you must think about strategy more on dealing with what tanks the other side has, instead of just blindly going to the same typical spots that each tank class is "assigned".

Knagar #12 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 18:33

Captain

• Players
  • 22183 battles

View Postnvl1986, on Jul 30 2018 - 21:36, said:

What is so hard for Wargaming staff to figure MM??  They already completely [edited]e the bed with their god awful 3-5-7 matches but this crap where one team gets arty and the other doesn't or uneven match ups for tanks.  Leave it to WG to say they are going to improve and fix something but they always make it worse.  company deserves to go bankrupt and all of its employees become homeless.

Good lord.. Here is the problem with your complaint.

Say WG gave you teams with the exact same tanks on each side. To you, that would be equal tanks on each side. Sooner or later you would lose, then you would cry that MM is putting better players on one side.

So they give you the same tanks, and players with the same stats on each team. Sooner or later you'll lose, cry, and get mad. Now if that doesn't happen, sooner or later you'll get mad, cry, and rant about sitting in MM queue for too long.

The same flies for 3/5/7 (which is perfectly fine, btw). If they move it to 5/10, you'll complain. Same tier, you'll complain. If they made you top tier and you won every game, you'll probably find something to complain and cry about.

WG could make a theoretical perfect MM, someone WILL find something to cry about regarding it.

Now let's say you take the time and effort you put into complaining, apply that to improving your personal game. You get better, you play smarter, carry harder, and feel better about the game.

It's just a thought...

SF_Ranger #13 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 18:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 6334 battles
  • [SFRAD] SFRAD
that a big bunch of crap and excuse, fix your game! I once spent money but no more I use an arty I get that was close or the shot goes high or low this is  crap ,arty are very accurate and the reloads time are total horse crapI can take a bath and a crapis 14 sec or 22sec no arty in the army takes that long to reload the can put a track back on or fix it faster than I can reload bull then play with a normal tank I go against one at a higher level ..I get it cant penetrate their armour  or it bounce any ways I hit him 5 time nothing he shoot me once I am dead ,this is all crap and I will not spent any money for your game and may just stop playing it till you all get your heads out of you wallet and fix this crapjust so dam tired of the same thing loosing 9 out of 10 games oh and I see wot edits your crap 

Edited by SF_Ranger, Nov 30 2018 - 18:45.

Flarvin #14 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 54607 battles

View Postnvl1986, on Jul 30 2018 - 23:05, said:

I think a little bit harder then you tool.  I could care less about arty.  I bring it up because it further proves my point that WG has Screwed MM over and they really don't care to fix it.  so suck it beach

Wow. 

You would of had a major fit with the mm before 3/5/7. No class matching and uneven tiers between teams. 

The 3/5/7 mm with class matching really dumbed down the game. But I guess it was not dumbed down enough for some. lol

Zrack656 #15 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 00:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18750 battles
Personally, I liked the matchmaking before 3/5/7.  In reality I don't much care what the mm has been or is.  I enjoy the game.  If I stop having fun I will stop playing, not go on the forums and explain why I am no longer having fun.

LastRemnant #16 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 00:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15779 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU
This is very odd i have never notice on team having arty while the other doesn't :popcorn:In fact it's usually always even if one team has 2 arty the other does too.

TRK213_Turkey #17 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 00:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6348 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 31 2018 - 03:47, said:

If you think not having arty on one side is important, then you dont understand just how useless arty is in most engagements. As for tank imbalances, this is mostly due to low server pop. Go play on the RU, or EU server, and its mostly fine.

Exactly, what would you generally rather have on your team?  Three arty or three more tanks.

Rocker_Box #18 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 00:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8756 battles

Myself I've only a few hundred games in SPG's, however depending on the map and situation. From time to time, I've become just a poor excuse of a TD sending HE rounds into the expecting!

The other night I killed three tanks that thought they could just cap, the doubled bushed SPG said "NO SOUP FOR YOU!".  We still lost, but it was a hoot and a half for me!

Edited by Rocker_Box, Dec 01 2018 - 00:48.

coconut2011 #19 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 00:49

Captain

• Players
  • 63401 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

3-5-7 MM is not perfect, but is no where as bad as people put it.  Prior to 3-5-7, there are all kinds of MM.  I have had games being the ONLY tank in the bottom tier, or the only tank being in the top tier.  One team could have a lot more heavies / meds / arties / lights than the other team.  None of these are ideal.  In fact, playing light tanks is highly likely to bring your own team down on most maps.

What 3-5-7 did was to bring consistency in MM to make it easier to generate and analyze.    Additionally it makes it easier to apply additional rules in the MM.  Now, you will not see MM with more than 1 extra light or arties.  There are still issues like 50B gets matched up with Type 5 heavies, but it is significantly better than have a team with 10 heavies vs a team with just 1.  Mostly, it is a matter of adding more rules on top of 3-5-7 MM.  However, as there are more rules, inevitably, the game queue time will increase.  So WG needs to be careful with adding new rules in MM.

Increase the probability of +/- 1 MM is something WG can probably also tune with this MM, but it may need to be careful since it can increase the queue time on low population servers.  It may need to be server specific.

Because of these advantages, I just do not see 3-5-7 getting removed in the future.  Algorithm wise, this is a big step forward than WG's previous MM.

Unfortunately, a side effect of consistency in MM is the feeling of inescapable MM due to the far more limited MM varieties.  This is something WG has to address.  That said, there can be different solutions.  Having events such as tier 8 grand battles etc can help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users