Clan War - Global Map biased to top clans

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

SparkingPot #1 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 69280 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

I'm in a clan that schedules 4 clan battles per night on the global map. It doesn't matter how well we play, we earn about 1/10 fame points compared to what the top clans earn. If a top clan is in the first 3 positions during stage 1 or 2 of clan wars, each player receives an extra multiplier for calculating fame points:

4. Players who are in Clans that manage to rank in the Top 3 positions for the 1st and 2nd stages will receive the following bonuses:

• 1st Place: player Fame Points earned during this stage are multiplied by 3
  • 2nd Place: player Fame Points earned during this stage are multiplied by 2
  • 3rd Place: player Fame Points earned during this stage are multiplied by 1.5

This means that the best players and clans have an unfair advantage in calculating fame points for the following stages. It pretty much guarantees that the top clans continue to be the top clans. Not to mention that the top clans receive OP reward tanks that general players cannot purchase. 

Basically Clan Wars are biased in favor of the top clans in calculating fame points which then directly unfairly improves the rating of the clan. 

Bsan77 #2 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:20

Captain

• Players
  • 13812 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

It's almost like you have to be good to receive rewards... :thinking_face:

If you want the rewards, you have to compete with the best, and you can certainly do it because I worked my way from yellow to purple, got stomped numerous times by teams way better than I was, and yet, here I am. Instead of complaining that the system is rigged, go beat the system by getting better at the game so you can compete to be the best. Complaining about the system won't get you anything but sarcastic replies like the beginning of my message. Good luck with your future endeavors. See you on the map! :P

Almighty_Johnson #3 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21956 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

It's not bias, it's competitive incentive.  The best clans stay in the top 3-5 slots because they are all blue to purple.  There's a reason why they are the top clans.

As for the reward tanks, they're certainly not OP.  They are actually pretty mediocre.  Again, they are all in the hands of exceptional players, who can make a turd look like a good tank.

There are a lot more rewards than just the top 3 clans.  If there weren't, nobody would play the mode.....

MacDaddyMatty #4 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 26705 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

We're a bunch of scrubs.

And yet we are doing very well because we're

showing up,

doing the missions, and

working with other clans.

...that being said, I think if WG sweetened the pot a bit more for the tail end clans, we'd see much more involvement.

Which would be good for everyone.

YMMV

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jul 31 2018 - 16:30.

_Promote_Synergy_ #5 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:43

Captain

• Players
  • 15850 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Well you aren't going to be fighting for those top spots anyhow, so I do not know why you are complaining. What you need to be focusing on is the smaller battles.

1. Winning battles consistently with a good team

2. Winning landings and holding land

3. Use the landing to battle other clans

3a. Watch out for who you piss off

3b. Diplo so you can make powerful friends who will help sheild you from the baddies or offset your battles to help out.

4. Farm the points and gold.

Bavor #6 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 31007 battles
The clans with the best skills and strategies win the most prizes.  Its not like children's Tee Ball or youth soccer league where everyone is a winner.  You have to be good to win something.  Should every team in the NFL get Superbowl rings every year for participating?

_Zero___ #7 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 17:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 44349 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostBsan77, on Jul 31 2018 - 16:20, said:

It's almost like you have to be good to receive rewards... :thinking_face:

If you want the rewards, you have to compete with the best, and you can certainly do it because I worked my way from yellow to purple, got stomped numerous times by teams way better than I was, and yet, here I am. Instead of complaining that the system is rigged, go beat the system by getting better at the game so you can compete to be the best. Complaining about the system won't get you anything but sarcastic replies like the beginning of my message. Good luck with your future endeavors. See you on the map! :P

So true. I went form orange to purple. took ages but i made it. It takes time and thought but it is truly possible.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 17:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 20916 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

I really enjoy playing this game and especially in events that will lead to free stuff - like Global Map, Clan Wars, etc.  I never look at things like the Global Map itself, but I do pay attention if one of my clan's callers puts up a stratsketch.  Other than that, I just show up and go where they tell me to go and try to perform my assigned task as best as I can.  I'm in a pretty decent clan (from a Clan War perspective) but I love my people and our interactions.  We have a lot of fun playing with each other win or lose, but our execs put a lot of thought and effort into getting the clan the best rewards.  In this last Tank Campaign thing, I couldn't participate as much as I wanted to but we had folks who earned the reward tank after playing MANY battles.  The only thing that bothered me about it was seeing that our clanmates had to play in 100 battles to get enough FAME points whereas MAHOU (for example) players only had to play 10 battles to EXCEED our players' FAME points.  Don't get me wrong, MAHOU players deserve the best rewards because they are the best players - but I wish there was a way for me to achieve the same level of rewards based upon my individual performance/skill (like with Ranked Battles) without having to leave my clan for these events.  First World problems are a b----h...

;)

Edited by __WarChild__, Jul 31 2018 - 17:17.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 65364 battles

Devildog8 #10 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 10248 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK
Were doing just fine in CWs as long as we improve every season we see it as a success, CWs has lost clans participating tho sad to see last season we had 136 clans we are down to 120 loss of 16 clans, but its what we expect every season. nothing new here.

Devildog8 #11 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 17:36

Major

• Players
  • 10248 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View PostBavor, on Jul 31 2018 - 09:47, said:

Should every team in the NFL get Superbowl rings every year for participating?

Might be the only way my NFL team might get one in my lifetime :P

yewchung #12 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 21316 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
In short,

Git

gud

ArmorStorm #13 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 35387 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostSparkingPot, on Jul 31 2018 - 09:14, said:

I'm in a clan that schedules 4 clan battles per night on the global map. It doesn't matter how well we play, we earn about 1/10 fame points compared to what the top clans earn. If a top clan is in the first 3 positions during stage 1 or 2 of clan wars, each player receives an extra multiplier for calculating fame points:

4. Players who are in Clans that manage to rank in the Top 3 positions for the 1st and 2nd stages will receive the following bonuses:

• 1st Place: player Fame Points earned during this stage are multiplied by 3
  • 2nd Place: player Fame Points earned during this stage are multiplied by 2
  • 3rd Place: player Fame Points earned during this stage are multiplied by 1.5

This means that the best players and clans have an unfair advantage in calculating fame points for the following stages. It pretty much guarantees that the top clans continue to be the top clans. Not to mention that the top clans receive OP reward tanks that general players cannot purchase. 

Basically Clan Wars are biased in favor of the top clans in calculating fame points which then directly unfairly improves the rating of the clan. 

WOW!  It's almost like, well ANY competition.  The best players and teams get the greatest rewards, EVERY TIME.  Unless you are into the whole "Everyone gets a trophy!" snowflake version of competition that is.

If you want those rewards, go earn them!  Get better, get into a top clan and WIN them.  You can also do as I do, I play the game for enjoyment and don't worry about what the top players are getting.  It's too much like work for me to try to play near that level.  

cloudwalkr #14 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 18:22

Major

• Players
  • 54290 battles
I think what OP is really trying to say is that "Do well in a reward, competitive based environment and you will get things others don't"...but I could be mistaken.

yewchung #15 Posted Aug 01 2018 - 04:32

Major

• Players
  • 21316 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View PostDevildog8, on Aug 01 2018 - 00:33, said:

Were doing just fine in CWs as long as we improve every season we see it as a success, CWs has lost clans participating tho sad to see last season we had 136 clans we are down to 120 loss of 16 clans, but its what we expect every season. nothing new here.

how is your CW?

Bout_10_Ninjas #16 Posted Aug 08 2018 - 16:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35411 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

want rewards? earn them like the rest of us. 

the ppl in the top 2/3 clans (for the most part) aren't just in those clans by luck. We earn those spots by excelling at this game, and it should be awarded. 

if you want to be rewarded, excel. Bottom line is, most ppl don't, and therefore don't deserve end game rewards.

memegene #17 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 15:17

Captain

• Players
  • 28943 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
OP, Instead of asking WG to make it easier for your clan to win. You should be asking other good clans for advise how to get better. 

yewchung #18 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 10:01

Major

• Players
  • 21316 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View Postmemegene, on Aug 16 2018 - 22:17, said:

OP, Instead of asking WG to make it easier for your clan to win. You should be asking other good clans for advise how to get better. 

There's not a lot of difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users