B2 pzkpfw strategy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Chaplain_5 #1 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 19:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2703 battles

Hey all!

So I bought the PzKpfw B2 a while back. I haven't played the game for quite some time and I'm interested in getting back into the swing of things. The B2 was supposed to be at least reasonably good, right? 

Basically I'm looking for tips and advice on how to play this premium tank. Any pointers?

CapPhrases #2 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 19:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 7280 battles
better get some prem ammo ready. even at tier 4 the gun can struggle against some opponents.

Cowcat137 #3 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 20:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 14259 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Another example of power creep: this tank was great five years ago but since then plenty of tech tree tanks have joined the game with guns that can crack it wide open.  It might , MIGHT get a buff when they get around to it as part of the premium match rebalancing. So I wouldn't sell it just yet.

Edited by YANKEE137, Jul 31 2018 - 20:49.

PHX_TripleH #4 Posted Jul 31 2018 - 21:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 29770 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO

The B2 is a good tier 4, but when I run mine only premium ammo will suffice. drivers box is weak and so is the cupola so be wary of those areas. also some people think that because they are in this particular vehicle they are invincible. that is far from true especially against a matilda so don't run off by yourself.

germLukas #5 Posted Aug 04 2018 - 05:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 29171 battles
  • [ELIT3] ELIT3
Ahhhh my favorite tank!!! (Or at least one of them)

Trust me, this tank is still a beast and you have the potential to win each battle for your team almost single-handedly.

Honestly, I always shoot gold rounds. The only time I don’t is at the end of a battle, if all that’s left is tier 3 lightly armored tanks.

Although you’re not invincible, you can bounce alot of shots.

Derp guns are your enemies so load a spall liner on it. It’ll help you out trust me.

Be wary of Hetzers, Cruisers with the derp gun, matildas and arty. Go where the action is. When going against other tanks, keep moving back and forth between each shot (you shoot at each 2.1 seconds). The aim time is pretty good so you shoot, back up, go forward and shoot, repeat.

Remember, you are a bully, you’ve got the control of the battle, make it on your terms. The way you play will probably determine if your team will win or lose (you’ll often see another pzb2 on the other team, always shoot his turret). If you fail, chances are the other won’t, so play smart, keep moving and kill thos tanks 50HP at a time ;)

Gothraul #6 Posted Aug 04 2018 - 06:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
I retired mine after around 500 battles with around 60% solo win rate, felt more like work than good fun as I had to pull a lot of tricks out of the bag to keep the tank alive while at the same time compensating for the weak gun despite full gold spam. It is a blast when there is no seal clubbers to compete with you one your teams while at the same time there being no one decent on the other teams to counter you but once the horde of padders get on you may as well go play something else or do a three man platoon.

Chaplain_5 #7 Posted Aug 08 2018 - 15:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2703 battles
Whoops, sorry, I had forgotten that I made this topic! :P Thanks for the responses guys! It looks like opinion on this tank is really divided.

Trakks #8 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 00:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3801 battles
Just wondering why so many people love the B2 when, on paper at least, a fully loaded B1 is better in most respects. The B2 looks like it gets a better suspension with better traverse, but the French version wins out everywhere else. So why does everyone love the B2 but hates the B1? 

Chaplain_5 #9 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 00:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2703 battles

Well paper stats don't always play out but you're right! The B1 is statistically better in some respects. 

BUT the B2 is a rarer premium, sees (or used to see) better matchmaking, makes more loot. Also it's turn of speed often makes up for lesser durability than the B1. It's scary, you can run from the B1 but not the B2.

Edited by Chaplain_5, Dec 03 2018 - 01:01.

UTurnTerminator #10 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 01:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
The B2 was an amazing tank back in the day. Today it's not too bad since it still won't see those tier 5 tanks, but as others have said, it's got a lot more things to worry about now than before which can dampen the experience. Back in the day the only tanks the B2 really had to worry about armor-wise was the Matilda and the Hetzer, but now that the AMX40, Valentine (and premium Val2) all get tier 4 matching, so the B2 will have to deal with those on a regular basis (and carry a lot of gold rounds to do it). As for tanks that can tear through the B2's armor, everything from the Swedish TD's to the Italian mediums will have no problem penetrating it frontally, and they're much more mobile than the old Matildas. Then there's the tank that seems almost purpose-made to kill the B2, the T-28E/F30, which is a dangerous foe you'll need to contend with on a regular basis- a couple shots from that thing and the B2 is toast.

There is still plenty of fun (and credits!) to be had with the old B2, but not nearly as much as it did so many years ago.

Chaplain_5 #11 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 01:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2703 battles

True enough, this. At this point I play the B2 more for historical fun (I love me some obscure German-employed captured French vehicles!)

I mean the B1 was already a beast of a tank, a real historical curiosity. And a German B1? :B

I mean I don't have my avatar for nothing!

I_QQ_4_U #12 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 16:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 23410 battles

View PostTrakks, on Dec 03 2018 - 00:47, said:

Just wondering why so many people love the B2 when, on paper at least, a fully loaded B1 is better in most respects. The B2 looks like it gets a better suspension with better traverse, but the French version wins out everywhere else. So why does everyone love the B2 but hates the B1? 

Because it's ALWAYS top tier and you're usually facing new and/or bad players. You don't need all premium either, you can easily pen most tanks you'll face without it and you have enough ammo that you can carry enough APCR for the times you may have to face a Matilda or something with armour. It's armour may not hold up as well as it used to but it's still good if you know how to angle and hide your frontal weak spots and you really don't need any equipment that you have to demount with gold, I just have a toolbox and binocs on it.

Also tagged with B2, pzkpfw, strategy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users