Fair Play/MM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

4WeeKs #1 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 11:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26040 battles
  • [_OVO_] _OVO_

I think this video is a good example of how war - gaming is not focus on fair matchmaking but are more focus on  

player's spending and engagement. Check it out and give me y'all thoughts? So there won't be any misunderstanding 

My point of the video starts at 2:25 base on player skills and fair MM. 

https://youtu.be/oC19cGJa-xw

Edited by 4WeeKs, Aug 02 2018 - 12:40.

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 11:50

Major

• Players
  • 24586 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-
EA is the meme of all gaming companies for their cash-grab ways. Wargaming isn't anywhere near their caliber of cash-grab (unless its the Chinese server)

4WeeKs #3 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 12:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26040 battles
  • [_OVO_] _OVO_

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Aug 02 2018 - 05:50, said:

EA is the meme of all gaming companies for their cash-grab ways. Wargaming isn't anywhere near their caliber of cash-grab (unless its the Chinese server)

The part that I took liking to was on the fair match making and player skills not so much on the money part but I get what you are sayin' tho.

+1 from me bro.

Edited by 4WeeKs, Aug 02 2018 - 12:30.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 13:11

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

SBMM for Random Battles in WoT is a terrible, horrible idea... and that's why, after testing many MM ideas and using skill-random MM for more than 8 years, SBMM is still not used in Random Battles.

Using EA as an example is hilarious.

4WeeKs #5 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 14:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26040 battles
  • [_OVO_] _OVO_

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 02 2018 - 07:11, said:

SBMM for Random Battles in WoT is a terrible, horrible idea... and that's why, after testing many MM ideas and using skill-random MM for more than 8 years, SBMM is still not used in Random Battles.

Using EA as an example is hilarious.

Help me understand how is it hilarious when wargaming is using a similar tactics that this guy is explaining in this video. That's why I'm using the NA video as a example to show the similarities which starts at 2:25. Me personally I like the way the old matchmaking was when arty could one shot you.

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 15:18

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Post4WeeKs, on Aug 02 2018 - 10:12, said:

Help me understand how is it hilarious when wargaming is using a similar tactics that this guy is explaining in this video. That's why I'm using the NA video as a example to show the similarities which starts at 2:25. Me personally I like the way the old matchmaking was when arty could one shot you.

I am no fan of arty, but MM has little to nothing to do with arty's ability to one-shot tanks, that is more of an arty balance change question.

All video games must use some means to either require that all players pay to play (subscription scheme) or encourage a percentage of players to pay (free-to-play scheme). Otherwise they would not be able to exist.  Possibly you would be happier using a subscription type of game.

Random-skill MM is the most fair because it does not use player skill to actively rig matches and it does not punish good players and players who are trying to improve.

SBMM is just one of the worst ideas possible for Random Battles, but it is a good idea for many other modes, WoT uses a form of SBMM for many battle modes that you can partake in if you like SBMM, i.e.  Strongholds, Team Battles, Ranked, etc.

4WeeKs #7 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 17:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26040 battles
  • [_OVO_] _OVO_

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 02 2018 - 09:18, said:

I am no fan of arty, but MM has little to nothing to do with arty's ability to one-shot tanks, that is more of an arty balance change question.

All video games must use some means to either require that all players pay to play (subscription scheme) or encourage a percentage of players to pay (free-to-play scheme). Otherwise they would not be able to exist.  Possibly you would be happier using a subscription type of game.

Random-skill MM is the most fair because it does not use player skill to actively rig matches and it does not punish good players and players who are trying to improve.

SBMM is just one of the worst ideas possible for Random Battles, but it is a good idea for many other modes, WoT uses a form of SBMM for many battle modes that you can partake in if you like SBMM, i.e.  Strongholds, Team Battles, Ranked, etc.

Ty you for the feedback bro.. +1 The game to me doesn't feel the same as it used to be a year-and-a-half ago. I've been playing here and there on and off. What are your thoughts on the old matchmaking? Do you think this matchmaking is better than the old one from 1 year ago and if not what approvement you think they need to do far as making mm more comfortable for the newer players and older players? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users