Cheers,

Guido

GAJohnnie #22 Posted Sep 09 2018 - 17:41

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGuido1212, on Sep 08 2018 - 22:25, said:

Yes, I just finished Airfield, that will be out soon.

Awesome! Thanks!

GAJohnnie #23 Posted Sep 10 2018 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Hey Guido

Just wanted to say Thank you. Between your Twitch and your videos I managed to start putting some consistency into my IS play. Long way to go but had a really good day yesterday in part because of what I have learned here.

Nepos #24 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 15:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9405 battles

Here is my Maiden outing of my Tier IX 430. Got a 3RD class badge and a pretty good score. Still working on my map SA and staying alive till the end of the match. Thanks Guido for your Videos and Twitch. I am doing my best to learn from them as well as watching my replays and determining where I could have made a better decision.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4535777#prokhorovka-nepos-object_430

GAJohnnie #25 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 16:11

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNepos, on Sep 12 2018 - 09:35, said:

Here is my Maiden outing of my Tier IX 430. Got a 3RD class badge and a pretty good score. Still working on my map SA and staying alive till the end of the match. Thanks Guido for your Videos and Twitch. I am doing my best to learn from them as well as watching my replays and determining where I could have made a better decision.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4535777#prokhorovka-nepos-object_430

GG! One thing I am working on that may help you also. Once you killed the T-34 you saw the doom turtle and went right after it. That exposed you to the hidden tds that killed you. I suffer from the same problem. I see red tanks and go after them without thinking about where the other enemy tanks might be. That causes me to have frequently the same fate as you did.

So what I am working on is trying to access the map and the tanks still alive better before I move out of cover. If you done that, I sure you would of realized the TDS had to over in that corner. At that point you probably should of waited until someone else on your team pushed up to distract them then you could of taken them in a cross fire to help kill them off quickly.

Still good game!

Nepos #26 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 16:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9405 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on Sep 12 2018 - 09:11, said:

GG! One thing I am working on that may help you also. Once you killed the T-34 you saw the doom turtle and went right after it. That exposed you to the hidden tds that killed you. I suffer from the same problem. I see red tanks and go after them without thinking about where the other enemy tanks might be. That causes me to have frequently the same fate as you did.

So what I am working on is trying to access the map and the tanks still alive better before I move out of cover. If you done that, I sure you would of realized the TDS had to over in that corner. At that point you probably should of waited until someone else on your team pushed up to distract them then you could of taken them in a cross fire to help kill them off quickly.

Still good game!

Yes I noticed that way to late. It the devil on my shoulder telling so what ATTACK!! Im getting better but sometime when learning to fight better you get a bit beat up before you get better. Thanks for your input I appreciate it

GAJohnnie #27 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNepos, on Sep 12 2018 - 10:51, said:

Yes I noticed that way to late. It the devil on my shoulder telling so what ATTACK!! Im getting better but sometime when learning to fight better you get a bit beat up before you get better. Thanks for your input I appreciate it

Yeah I hear that. I have an angel on one shoulder who says "If you do that this and this will happen" The devil is on the other shoulder saying "attack attack attack". And I always listen to the devil and get wrecked

Guido1212 #28 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 23:01

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77399 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

We can ALWAYS do better.  A great results doesn't mean there isn't something to learn.  Be critical of your successes as much as your failures.

Cheers,

Guido

Captain_Obvious65 #29 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 22:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9844 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
Personally, I credit the info I have picked up for Guido's channel for moving my rating up over 200 points in the last fer months. There is a lot of solid wisdom and experience to be mined. Guido is one of the few good player that does not have a condescending attitude towards newer/less able players. He tells you how to improve and what you may be missing without being insulting. That is quite refreshing. 

GAJohnnie #30 Posted Sep 13 2018 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCaptain_Obvious65, on Sep 13 2018 - 16:55, said:

Personally, I credit the info I have picked up for Guido's channel for moving my rating up over 200 points in the last fer months. There is a lot of solid wisdom and experience to be mined. Guido is one of the few good player that does not have a condescending attitude towards newer/less able players. He tells you how to improve and what you may be missing without being insulting. That is quite refreshing. 

^----THIS. For the 1st time ever I put up Blue recent WR. I thank Guido for that. Now I am working on how to do it consistently.

Guido1212 #31 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 14:07

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77399 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Here's my take on the Caern AX marathon as well as a quick and dirty review of the Caern AX Tier 8 British Premium Heavy tank.

Ill also be streaming today for a bit of the marathon and grinding the 53TP.

Cheers,

Guido

GAJohnnie #32 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 03:29

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Hey Guido

Looking for advise. This is a fair game that could of been a great game. Looking for ways to take my game from average to good. Also wanted to post this since it highlights some of the things I have been learning from you twitch and your videos.. My SA and my effective aggressiveness have gotten way better as has my skill at using my tank strengths. The weakness in my game play are...pretty obvious.

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4538796#stats

GAJohnnie #33 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Serious question

Multiple games either the arty on my side, or the other on the other side spent all their time focusing on bottom tier tanks. Rather then try and help the team win, they wasted their time shooting at lights and mediums. Invariable it is a loss. These are players with well over of 15,000 battles.

There must be a reason for this play style given how prevalent it is. Anyone understand the logic to this tactic? I might find it less infuriating if I understood why arty players play that way?

GAJohnnie #34 Posted Sep 19 2018 - 13:07

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Need some tactics advise

I playing the IS-3 a lot. Getting a lot of bottom tier games. I am playing against a lot of better players, in much better tanks, who know how to maximize their tank's strengths and minimize shots on their weak points.

Given the nature of the maps it not always viable to flank. When I am face to face with that situation, is my only tactics to re-locate or shoot tracks? Is there something else I should be doing?

oldewolfe #35 Posted Sep 20 2018 - 16:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 19216 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Just watched your Latest on the 4202, "How the F did I win this"....     Entertaining to say the least since I play mine alot and ask the Same Question rather Frequently.....    

Now, I suck at Tanks that's a Given.....      My Skills lean more toward Finding Reds as THAT I am Exceptional at, but I tend to find them Minus the Support. Jus Lucky that way what can I say....     lol

However, I DID finally get the First Marks on mine, never really tried for it until I saw where I was and decided to take the Time to get it....     It's the Most Played Tank in my Garage at about 1500 Games, so I figured why not....        Too bad I had to Lose the Game to get it too....      I haven't even Aced it yet which I'm sure will never Happen, but I can Dream.....

So, all the Gabbing out of the Way, here's the Replay.....

http://wotreplays.eu...ldewolfe-fv4202

And the Quick Load Version.....

https://youtu.be/5Bzyh-2K1Sk

Looking at my High's, outside of Frontline, THIS is the Most I have Bounced in this Tank or any other Medium, and I get it Shot at alot....

Guido1212 #36 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 11:44

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77399 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Here's a great game by Squashballs showing some patience with his BatChat 25t and some late game auto loader execution.

Cheers,

Guido

Guido1212 #37 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 12:09

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77399 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostGAJohnnie, on Sep 19 2018 - 12:07, said:

Need some tactics advise

I playing the IS-3 a lot. Getting a lot of bottom tier games. I am playing against a lot of better players, in much better tanks, who know how to maximize their tank's strengths and minimize shots on their weak points.

Given the nature of the maps it not always viable to flank. When I am face to face with that situation, is my only tactics to re-locate or shoot tracks? Is there something else I should be doing?

That's a lot of ground to cover!

Unfortunately it's not always possible to "change position" and go look for same tier tanks.  You can do so if it's available, but it's also dependent on what is going on in the game.  Simply moving to fight same tier tanks may not be the best move to win.  Or it may be that you just want to farm some damage, etc.

The IS-3 is still a good tank, and with gold can take on higher tier tanks decently.  But like any tier 8, you've got to try and avoid getting focused by the 9 and 10s or getting into 1v1s, or situation where you don't have help.  So, while I advocate going to critical terrain nearly every time, if your top tiers bugger off and aren't around to help, don't go throw yourself away.  Find somewhere else to work, preferably before you are pinned down.

That's all very generalized, and I'd have to see specific examples before I could comment on what you are doing personally.  Bottom line, be support, but do it from close enough that you can contribute.

Guido1212 #38 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 12:13

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77399 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View Postoldewolfe, on Sep 20 2018 - 15:38, said:

Just watched your Latest on the 4202, "How the F did I win this"....     Entertaining to say the least since I play mine alot and ask the Same Question rather Frequently.....    

Now, I suck at Tanks that's a Given.....      My Skills lean more toward Finding Reds as THAT I am Exceptional at, but I tend to find them Minus the Support. Jus Lucky that way what can I say....     lol

However, I DID finally get the First Marks on mine, never really tried for it until I saw where I was and decided to take the Time to get it....     It's the Most Played Tank in my Garage at about 1500 Games, so I figured why not....        Too bad I had to Lose the Game to get it too....      I haven't even Aced it yet which I'm sure will never Happen, but I can Dream.....

So, all the Gabbing out of the Way, here's the Replay.....

http://wotreplays.eu...ldewolfe-fv4202

And the Quick Load Version.....

https://youtu.be/5Bzyh-2K1Sk

Looking at my High's, outside of Frontline, THIS is the Most I have Bounced in this Tank or any other Medium, and I get it Shot at alot....

Nice work with the mark, I got the replay and will take a look.  I've got several games where people did well but lost so a replay pack of those games may proves useful to everyone.  Trend items are more apparent in multiple examples.

Guido1212 #39 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 12:21

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77399 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostGAJohnnie, on Sep 16 2018 - 16:52, said:

Serious question

Multiple games either the arty on my side, or the other on the other side spent all their time focusing on bottom tier tanks. Rather then try and help the team win, they wasted their time shooting at lights and mediums. Invariable it is a loss. These are players with well over of 15,000 battles.

There must be a reason for this play style given how prevalent it is. Anyone understand the logic to this tactic? I might find it less infuriating if I understood why arty players play that way?

Players focus for different reasons.  Random, colors, tiers, names, clans, game situation, armor types, the list goes on.  I don't think it's any one specific thing.  Artillery has an advantage that if they do pick something to focus on, they can across the whole map.  And depending on being lit and nearby cover will be able to harass you as long as they want.  So it will feel like a vendetta, but it's likely just happenstance for that match.

My opinions on the game mechanic that makes this possible are well known, but I don't think the reasons are anything but a consequence of the game mechanic design and the random incentives/motivations and intentions of the different players who are firing at you.

For the specific example of firing at lights and meds, they are more lightly armored and will result in more damage if they can hit them.  Some of the super heavies and heavier tanks being fired at by arty two tiers down can actually take no damage.  So an artillery learns fast what targets will or will not yield HP/stun.  They're incentivised to fire at the lit tanks they can hit and damage.  Moving helps but I will often ignore the heavy tank I cannot hurt to shoot moving lights and meds because it's worth more to my team.

Just a few thoughts.  

GAJohnnie #40 Posted Sep 22 2018 - 18:17

Major

• Players
  • 9698 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGuido1212, on Sep 22 2018 - 06:09, said:

.  So, while I advocate going to critical terrain nearly every time, if your top tiers bugger off and aren't around to help, don't go throw yourself away.  Find somewhere else to work, preferably before you are pinned down.

That's all very generalized, and I'd have to see specific examples before I could comment on what you are doing personally.  Bottom line, be support, but do it from close enough that you can contribute.

Thanks G, that put a finger on my problem. The IS-3 is a pretty quick tank.When bottom teir I need to NOT be rushing out in front but traveling with the herd and offering support. I tender to try to "do the right thing" even when bottom tier rather then pay attention to my team composition and set up. I need to do a better job of how to be keeping my gun usefully in the fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users