Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Kozzack #1 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 00:23

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29905 battles
  • 66
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

Things have changed. I read somewhere that WoT has been changing the mechanics of the game and has really made it worst. 

 

Before, Sniper mode would afford at least a reasonable accuracy, now it is garbage. Support tells me that around 4.5% of the time a shot will occur outside the aiming reticle (circle). Yep, the shot will have a high arc and go way over the target, making sniper mode really useless. I found this to occur frequently and not randomly.

 

With the Gunner skills of "snap shot" & "deadeye" and driver's skill of "Smooth Ride" I would get a reasonable number of times that I can shoot on the run and hit the target and get close to it other times. This was with the Wolverine and its 105mm AT M4 gun.  - Now, with whatever WoT screwed up, those skills are useless and each time I shoot on the run, the aim is completely wild, each and every time. 

 

I know this has to do with the aiming reticle, because in sniper mode, the reticle becomes wider and as per usual with a wider retical in normal shooting mode, the shot accuracy is low. So the aiming reticle with a shot on the run, is also wide and yes, accuracy is horrible. 

 

Wot effectively screwed with skills and aiming mechanics. 

 

Suggestion

Remove your so called "updates" for aiming mechanics and bring it back the way it was over a year ago. Don't screw with something that was working and was already "BALANCED"!!

 

 



3d0g #2 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 00:34

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35219 battles
  • 528
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U
  • Member since:
    06-03-2013
But the KV2 rarely misses anything.

GaiusMaximus505 #3 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 00:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3901 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

change worst to worse

 

ty from the english police



Wouldyoulookatthetime #4 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 00:56

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8331 battles
  • 168
  • [MUTT] MUTT
  • Member since:
    09-19-2015

calm down my guy. i havent noticed and issue, and the lack of agreements (and responses) seem to confirm this. maybe try NOT to rage about random stuff that never happened on the forums. you want "world class aiming" then go play fortnite.

good night



Pipinghot #5 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 01:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,320
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 08 2018 - 18:23, said:

I read somewhere that WoT has been...

But I "heard from a guy" that your sources are nuts.

 

Here's a suggestion - if you read it then it can be linked here, there's no point in saying, "I read somewhere" if that "somewhere" is a mystery. Was in on Rita's report? Then link it. Was it on a different third party site? Then link it. "I read somewhere..." is a great way to warn people that your information is no dependable.

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 08 2018 - 18:23, said:

I found this to occur frequently and not randomly.

Ahhh, now the problem becomes clear. Tinfoil hat detection warning. Danger, Will Robinson!



Kozzack #6 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 06:36

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29905 battles
  • 66
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 09 2018 - 00:17, said:

Ahhh, now the problem becomes clear. Tinfoil hat detection warning. Danger, Will Robinson!

 

There is always a dufus or two around any forum. Some thickhead who thinks that I have not experienced first-hand what I have claimed. I don't know about tinfoil hats, never went that direction, but I see you have lots of experience in it. You strike me as a kind of player that tries to backseat-quarterback a random game match, paying more attention to what other players are not doing rather than pay attention to his own play. 



ahmadX_fX #7 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 11:14

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8956 battles
  • 49
  • [BFTC] BFTC
  • Member since:
    07-18-2014

I suggest that WG should give us the menual aiming like the "OTHER TANK GAME".because i don't think that in those times (WWII)gunners and those people who had to aim, had to wait this much long to be able to fire a shot and make it a hit.

look devs,add wind,add gravity,any think u like to distract the shot.but please let US aim for our selves, not RNGesus!


Edited by ahmadX_fX, Aug 09 2018 - 11:15.


Pipinghot #8 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,320
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 09 2018 - 00:36, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 09 2018 - 00:17, said:

Ahhh, now the problem becomes clear. Tinfoil hat detection warning. Danger, Will Robinson!

There is always a dufus or two around any forum. Some thickhead who thinks that I have not experienced first-hand what I have claimed. I don't know about tinfoil hats, never went that direction, but I see you have lots of experience in it. You strike me as a kind of player that tries to backseat-quarterback a random game match, paying more attention to what other players are not doing rather than pay attention to his own play. 

You're having a problem with confirmation bias. It's normal, it happens all the time. Personal experience is a bad form of evidence for this type of discussion, because it's really easy for anyone to fool themselves into believing something because it feels like it's true, even though it's not.

 

You say that you "never went in that direction", following tinfoil hat theories - well if that's true then you should be very aware that your statement "I found this to occur frequently and not randomly." doesn't pass any of the tests for logic or even common sense. Anecdotal evidence is not valid, and it doesn't answer or resolve any questions, only real evidence can do that.

 

Again, "I read somewhere" means nothing. Just paste in a link and we can all read it, then we can figure out whether you found a good source or were being hoodwinked by some conspiracy theorist. Any possible thing that you can think of can be "read somewhere" on the internet, the question is whether the source is good or bad. If you can't link the source then "reading somewhere" simply doesn't count.

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 09 2018 - 00:36, said:

You strike me as a kind of player that tries to backseat-quarterback a random game match, paying more attention to what other players are not doing rather than pay attention to his own play. 

How I play means nothing and your weaksauce personal attack doesn't change that. Either you can back up what you say or you can't, period.


Edited by Pipinghot, Aug 09 2018 - 16:10.


Wouldyoulookatthetime #9 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:07

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8331 battles
  • 168
  • [MUTT] MUTT
  • Member since:
    09-19-2015

/\

 |

 |

ah yes the guy who wants core game fundamentals that are exclusively there for balance to go. it would be cool but if you want it so much then go play WT



Pipinghot #10 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,320
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostahmadX_fX, on Aug 09 2018 - 05:14, said:

...like the "OTHER TANK GAME"....

Why would they imitate a failed game?

I'm not saying the other tank game is bad, I'm not even saying that manual aiming is a bad idea, but if someone said to you, "You are winning, but you should change and be more like the people you are beating" you would straight up laugh at them.



KingofDragons #11 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:26

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 24463 battles
  • 887
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
If you have no input on the subject than don't post..

Kozzack #12 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:34

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29905 battles
  • 66
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 09 2018 - 15:05, said:

How I play means nothing and your weaksauce personal attack doesn't change that. Either you can back up what you say or you can't, period.

 

That is rich, the The pipingHot (pot) calling the kettle black.



THUDER_1 #13 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 19:58

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14132 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    12-08-2013

  DID YOU ALL KNOW THAT W.O.T. HAS NO IDEA WHAT BALLISTICS ARE?  WHY DO I POST THAT?  SIMPLE.  WHEN TANKS FIRE A ROUND INTO WATER. IT  WILL EITHER RICOCHET OR IF ENTERING THE WATER WILL CHANG COURSE AND LOSE PEN POWER.  ANYONE WHO HAS EVER FIRED ANY KIND OF FIREARM KNOW THAT. ARTY, TANK GUNS, NAVAL GUNS,  WATER IS THE BANE OF EFFECTIVE FIRE.  BUT W.O.T. DOESN'T SEEM O UNDERSTAND THAT AT ALL.

 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit


Edited by Volier_Zcit, Aug 11 2018 - 06:41.


Gang_Starr #14 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 15972 battles
  • 3,304
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014

"Snapshot" and "smooth ride" skills have always been useless. They give only a 2.5% decrease in total dispersion which is miniscule. 

 

But yeah the accuracy mechanics in this game are horrible overall, most frustrating thing is missing fully aimed shots 3 times in a row and then getting hit by an unaimed snapshot from a Type 5Heavy that just turns 180 degrees and clicks. It's completely inconsistent for no reason.



Kozzack #15 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29905 battles
  • 66
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostTHUDER_1, on Aug 09 2018 - 18:58, said:

  DID YOU ALL KNOW THAT W.O.T. HAS NO IDEA WHAT BALLISTICS ARE?  WHY DO I POST THAT?  SIMPLE.  WHEN TANKS FIRE A ROUND INTO WATER. IT  WILL EITHER RICOCHET OR IF ENTERING THE WATER WILL CHANG COURSE AND LOSE PEN POWER.  ANYONE WHO HAS EVER FIRED ANY KIND OF FIREARM KNOW THAT. ARTY, TANK GUNS, NAVAL GUNS,  WATER IS THE BANE OF EFFECTIVE FIRE.  BUT W.O.T. DOESN'T SEEM O UNDERSTAND THAT AT ALL.

 

I agree thunder_1. If WoT actually designed the game to mimic real like physics (which can be done with real work), then this game would be far more exciting and realistic. The aiming reticle method they currently have is real crap, having to wait, what ... 2-4 seconds???? 

ISNomads #16 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 39555 battles
  • 2,491
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 09 2018 - 11:33, said:

 

I agree thunder_1. If WoT actually designed the game to mimic real like physics (which can be done with real work), then this game would be far more exciting and realistic. The aiming reticle method they currently have is real crap, having to wait, what ... 2-4 seconds???? 

 

Yeah! This simulator sucks!!!

Nunya_000 #17 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 21138 battles
  • 13,771
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostTHUDER_1, on Aug 09 2018 - 10:58, said:

  DID YOU ALL KNOW THAT W.O.T. HAS NO IDEA WHAT BALLISTICS ARE?  WHY DO I POST THAT?  SIMPLE.  WHEN TANKS FIRE A ROUND INTO WATER. IT  WILL EITHER RICOCHET OR IF ENTERING THE WATER WILL CHANG COURSE AND LOSE PEN POWER.  ANYONE WHO HAS EVER FIRED ANY KIND OF FIREARM KNOW THAT. ARTY, TANK GUNS, NAVAL GUNS,  WATER IS THE BANE OF EFFECTIVE FIRE.  BUT W.O.T. DOESN'T SEEM O UNDERSTAND THAT AT ALL.

 

Not sure what firing a round into water has anything to do with this game.  It is not like it happens a lot or is something that is part of normal game play.  I would guess that they do not want to spend the time to program "real ballistics" for rounds being shot into water as it really adds nothing to the game.

Nunya_000 #18 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 21138 battles
  • 13,771
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 09 2018 - 11:33, said:

 

I agree thunder_1. If WoT actually designed the game to mimic real like physics (which can be done with real work), then this game would be far more exciting and realistic. The aiming reticle method they currently have is real crap, having to wait, what ... 2-4 seconds???? 

 

They are actually being generous.  It takes much more than 2-4 second to aim a gun from a WWII tank.  Then, once fired, the real life RNG is much more vicious than we see in this game.

Kozzack #19 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:48

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29905 battles
  • 66
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostGang_Starr, on Aug 09 2018 - 19:14, said:

"Snapshot" and "smooth ride" skills have always been useless. They give only a 2.5% decrease in total dispersion which is miniscule. 

 

But yeah the accuracy mechanics in this game are horrible overall, most frustrating thing is missing fully aimed shots 3 times in a row and then getting hit by an unaimed snapshot from a Type 5Heavy that just turns 180 degrees and clicks.

 

Yea! a real life intelligent person posting. Kudo's!! and it is not just because what you said coincides with what I experienced, you actually made a mature intelligent post. I guess your like me, according to a one who commented and I will add to it, that intelligence comes naturally when wearing a tin-foil cap :bajan:.

 

Missing shots 3 times in a row and then get slammed by an unaimed snapshot. Yep, been there, got the hole T-shirt. 

 

What about this one ... driving a heavy Tier 7 tank, shooting a Tier 4 tank into his side panel as he had 12 HP left, point blank range and get "no damage",

...or... missing a narrowed reticle shot 8x in a row. So much for random number generator on that one.

...or this one... shooting with a narrow reticle at a tank that is in the open, no obstructions and result is no hit at all, no critical damage or no damage announcement, just nothing. (I know why that happens, when the ping or FPS is off the charts, every stream to the server to indicate the event and result is lost, so no result comes back.). 

 



Kozzack #20 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:50

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29905 battles
  • 66
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011

View PostNunya_000, on Aug 09 2018 - 19:42, said:

 

Not sure what firing a round into water has anything to do with this game.  It is not like it happens a lot or is something that is part of normal game play.  I would guess that they do not want to spend the time to program "real ballistics" for rounds being shot into water as it really adds nothing to the game.

 

kinda yea, if you end up in the water submerged and they shoot at you, you still get damaged. I believe that is what he refers to. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users