• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #41 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Aug 09 2018 - 16:42, said:

Not sure what firing a round into water has anything to do with this game.  It is not like it happens a lot or is something that is part of normal game play.  I would guess that they do not want to spend the time to program "real ballistics" for rounds being shot into water as it really adds nothing to the game.

But if a certain player was trying to suicide by drowning and got killed by a shot instead... it might make him angry about "ballistics".

gunner_317 #42 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28252 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
WG did nerf the dispersion "mechanics",  I believe about a year and a half ago.  The shots went from concentrated in the inner circle to almost evenly distributed through the aiming circle.  This was done to reduce the effectiveness of long range snipers and emphasis the game more on heavy brawling.  This was publicized at the time with pictures of the dispersion pattern chnages.  It was a very noticeable and unwelcome change at the time.  I have not heard of any changes since then.  Think we just have "RNG".  Some shots go really wild but if you watch your play think you will be amazed at some of the shots that hit.  I think we just remember the ones that miss more.

GeorgePreddy #43 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 08 2018 - 20:23, said:

Things have changed.   There are at least 3 things we can be sure of: Death, taxes and that things will change.  Better get used to all of those.

I read somewhere...  That is really funny.  "I read somewhere"... "I heard someone say"... "they say"... "some people believe"... these are all funny.

Support tells me that around 4.5% of the time a shot will occur outside the aiming reticle (circle)... making sniper mode really useless.  But useless only about 4% of the time, so not a big deal.

I found this to occur... not randomly.  Pure tinfoil hat stuff here.

Now, ...skills are useless and ... aim is completely wild, each and every time.   This is gross hyperbole at it's finest.

dunniteowl #44 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 21:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

I consider the source with your response, the logic employed by you so far and, honestly, I have to say, I am glad you did your level best to insult me.  It didn't work, but it clearly showed that some folks simply don't put much effort into anything in their lives beyond finding someone to blame for the results.

Good Luck to You, Sir.

RingoMcHarrison #45 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 21:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36265 battles

Yes OP, everyone is wrong except you.

Good luck in life. You're going to need it.

Kozzack #46 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 22:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 11 2018 - 20:00, said:

I consider the source with your response, the logic employed by you so far and, honestly, I have to say, I am glad you did your level best to insult me.  It didn't work, but it clearly showed that some folks simply don't put much effort into anything in their lives beyond finding someone to blame for the results.

Good Luck to You, Sir.

Yes, I do consider the source, all the time, especially now with you. Considering your innate corrupt nature of thinking, your viewpoint does not matter. You, having not seen what I have seen and experienced, you not knowing anything I know, still makes the mindless opinion to aim better. 

Yes I do consider the source, all the time, especially now with you. 

Kozzack #47 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 22:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View Postdiego999, on Aug 11 2018 - 20:00, said:

Yes OP, everyone is wrong except you.

Good luck in life. You're going to need it.

Yep, your one of those who cannot discern between good words and bad ones (or false ones). Notice that I am speaking like this ONLY to certain posters, who come to any post, don't like what is said and then degrade the poster instead of engaging intelligent and mature dialogue. 

People certainly don't have to agree with what I said, but when they completely fail in the respect department and dive right into derogatory remarks or undermining comments or discrediting (and unqualified) statements, then no matter what they say, are wrong, simply because they speak from a very bad disposition. 

A person who gives a gift of correct information, but delivers it with maliciousness in their heart (intent), has given a rotten gift, irrespective of the gift itself. 

So come to me with a position like that or similar to that and yes - "You are Wrong"

Kozzack #48 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 22:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View Postgunner_317, on Aug 11 2018 - 18:53, said:

WG did nerf the dispersion "mechanics",  I believe about a year and a half ago.  The shots went from concentrated in the inner circle to almost evenly distributed through the aiming circle.  This was done to reduce the effectiveness of long range snipers and emphasis the game more on heavy brawling.  This was publicized at the time with pictures of the dispersion pattern chnages.  It was a very noticeable and unwelcome change at the time.  I have not heard of any changes since then.  Think we just have "RNG".  Some shots go really wild but if you watch your play think you will be amazed at some of the shots that hit.  I think we just remember the ones that miss more.

Gunner_317, - Voila,  Pièce de résistance. :medal:

Nice post and that makes 100% sense of what I experienced. 

Sorry to say, I missed that when it came out. 

Finally a player who has the intelligence and maturity to post something of value, even if may disagree with me. 

How come, these other mindless no-brains choose to attack instead of simply saying what you said?????

Well, just like I have said to them, they are not good people, simply put. 

This also speaks against WoT support. They could have said exactly that to me when I filed a complaint (recently). That would have explained everything. Instead I got garbage scripted rhetoric from them that explained nothing and... even though that scripted information they gave was correct, in itself - it still ended up to be "bad information" because it did not apply to the complaint-request I made and sorely failed to resolve the matter. Hope people see that difference between good and bad information. 

Much thanks Gunner, I do appreciate that input, really do, even though it shows I have missed the information when it came out, which was my bad. 

:great:

(PS Gunner, I am going to let them know about what  you said and put it to them they should contact you to learn how to give support). 

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 11 2018 - 22:30.

Kozzack #49 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 22:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

Valued Posting - Even with No Link Reference

This post (#47 above) by Gunner_317. (for those who get this in a search result of the forum, here is a direct link to that post: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/584123-wot-made-aiming-mechanics-worst/page__st__40__pid__11761193#entry11761193    )

He posted information that spoke directly to the issue in this post string. He related information that shows to be valuable, YET, there is NO reference link to confirm his position. 

Does the lack of a confirmation link degrade or deny his information? - NO

The value of the information lies in itself, what it contains, how it is given, how it relates to or connects and what the information provides. 

Is Gunner obligated to provide a conformation link - No, even though it would be nice (not said against you Gunner). 

The obligation now falls unto me, to decide if I want to pursue the confirmation , myself.

For those certain posters who came here and whined against what I initially said, demanding proof, what Gunner has shown them was a good example of helping others out. 

They should also learn how to give information that has value. Then they might get better responses from people and yes, others are not always wrong :) 

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 11 2018 - 22:45.

Kozzack #50 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 23:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

Invisible Tanks

Sure this is not on topic about Aiming mechanics, but it fits the screwups WoT is creating. 

This Youtube Video:

I don't watch Claus's videos a lot, they are usually hard to stick to because of all his rambling, but this one shows WoT mechanics that cause invisible tanks.

This certainly can be another separate post, and what he shows here I have experienced., especially when a tank, in the open, no obstructions, within my view range disappears and even when I immedicately shoot at where it is, No damage. Yet he can shoot at me and cause damage. 

That is how screwed up Wot has become since I joined. 

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 11 2018 - 23:24.

dunniteowl #51 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 03:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 11 2018 - 15:14, said:

Yep, your one of those who cannot discern between good words and bad ones (or false ones). Notice that I am speaking like this ONLY to certain posters, who come to any post, don't like what is said and then degrade the poster instead of engaging intelligent and mature dialogue. 

People certainly don't have to agree with what I said, but when they completely fail in the respect department and dive right into derogatory remarks or undermining comments or discrediting (and unqualified) statements, then no matter what they say, are wrong, simply because they speak from a very bad disposition. 

A person who gives a gift of correct information, but delivers it with maliciousness in their heart (intent), has given a rotten gift, irrespective of the gift itself. 

So come to me with a position like that or similar to that and yes - "You are Wrong"

So what you're really saying is only people who agree with you are worthy of your attention. 

Yep.

Totally legit.

OlTanker #52 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 15:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22052 battles
RNG is way worse than it used to be. It is almost to the point where snap shots or shooting while moving has as much of a chance at hitting as a fully aimed shot at long range. Seeing hits land outside the aiming circle has long since gotten old.

Kozzack #53 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 16:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 12 2018 - 02:42, said:

So what you're really saying is only people who agree with you are worthy of your attention. 

Yep.

Totally legit.

You keep coming back, apparently annoyed because I rejected you. So speak up about what this is really about for you and speak for yourself. 

Kozzack #54 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 16:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View PostOlTanker, on Aug 12 2018 - 14:54, said:

RNG is way worse than it used to be. It is almost to the point where snap shots or shooting while moving has as much of a chance at hitting as a fully aimed shot at long range. Seeing hits land outside the aiming circle has long since gotten old.

Yes it really has gotten old and it has been about 1 1/2 years since the update that nerfed dispersion mechanics. So why does WoT not correct it in all this time? 

Does this mean they are totally incompetent? - don't think so, I believe the current crap about aiming /accuracy mechanics is totally intentional. They think it balances things out when it doesn't.

dunniteowl #55 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 19:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

Nah,  just have to make sure that others less discerning (folks with something close to your level of arrogant disregard for facts, say) don't get taken in by your ridiculous explication for why you can't hit the barn side of a cliff.

Aim better, suck up the misses, quit complaining and you'll do yourself and everyone else a favor by improving.

Otherwise, it's kind of fun to read your silly responses as if you're some really highly distinguished personage.  I find it makes me chuckle, so...

Keep responding, I love it.

OvO

Dogg_zilla #56 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 22:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9456 battles

I recently returned after quitting because of how bad the aiming bugs were... only to find that its much worse. 

Whoever made this decision is a raging moron. The game is even more rage inducing than it was before. 

It was already difficult to hit weak spots. In many tanks its now impossible to even hit THE ENTIRE TANK. 

Absolutely the worst decision Ive ever seen in any game in my life. No way Im spending money on this crap. 

Kozzack #57 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 22:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M
A

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 12 2018 - 18:14, said:

Nah,  just have to make sure that others less discerning (folks with something close to your level of arrogant disregard for facts, say) don't get taken in by your ridiculous explication for why you can't hit the barn side of a cliff.

Aim better, suck up the misses, quit complaining and you'll do yourself and everyone else a favor by improving.

Otherwise, it's kind of fun to read your silly responses as if you're some really highly distinguished personage.  I find it makes me chuckle, so...

Keep responding, I love it.

OvO

Arrogant disregard for the facts, Mmmm, let us look at that.

From your post, you CAPITALIZED "better aimed". - lets view the facts.

• your entire post was just your personal viewpoint/opinion. 
  • What facts was your opinion based on?? - actually nothing, it was just your opinion. - why... 
  • Your post failed to take into account the same information that Gunner_317 in his post #47 provided -- if your post did take that into account, which you should have known as much as I should have known that WoT changed the dispersion / aiming mechanics, your claim to "better aim" would not have been made. Thus the claim by you to "better aim" was made in ignorance (I suggest you read the dictionary definition of that meaning) and claiming I should aim better became a redundant point. 
  • You made that post in the (bad) idea you knew better, since the words "aim better" were capitalized. When something is made in pride based in ignorance can be construed as "egotistic" or "self-important".  
  • What is more telling is the "fact" you re-wrote my experience in a context to satisfy your rejection and to support your opinion and claims. This fits the "strawman fallacy". You, falsely, tried to make what I said something else. 
  • My reply to your first post said you are claiming my experience never happened, well I was correct and still correct. By what I have listed here, based solely on your first post, shows your out in left field, was completely and still completely arrogant in your attitude and have completely IGNORED the facts presented by Gunner_317, even still in your current posts. This tells me your interest is the same as PipingHot, your only intent is to degrade, step over others and what others say as you restructure what others say to fit your diminishing self-important thinking.

So where do you come off thinking your opinion has merit here in this post string, based on the above?

• You have 3,853 posts since Sept 2014. That makes it 963.25 posts per year, which makes that 2.67 posts per day an entire year, each year. 
  • Appears your spend your life, or a good portion of it, here in Wot, which is why you claim nothing is wrong as I explained in my first post to you. To you, WoT is your life so anyone that speaks against Wot you will attack as you tried to do here. 
  • You like to tell people what to do or should I say you act like your superior to them or me. Does that CAPITAL with you?

If you think that is insulting, I careless. 

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 13 2018 - 06:17.

Dogg_zilla #58 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 02:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9456 battles

As others have pointed out, they OFFICIALLY nerfed accuracy about 18 months ago. 

The game was already known for being almost unplayable due to accuracy issues, and it just butchered everything. 

Even at short range you cannot be guaranteed to even HIT another tank, let alone hit the weak spots. 

Certain tanks can be within 2-3 tank lengths and still miss at close range. Seriously, they can be like 30m from another tank and the aiming bloom be 4 times the area of the enemy tank. 

Its unacceptable and it makes customers hate the game. 

Edited by Dogg_zilla, Aug 13 2018 - 02:16.

Altwar #59 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 58427 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostDogg_zilla, on Aug 12 2018 - 17:16, said:

As others have pointed out, they OFFICIALLY nerfed accuracy about 18 months ago. 

The game was already known for being almost unplayable due to accuracy issues, and it just butchered everything. 

Even at short range you cannot be guaranteed to even HIT another tank, let alone hit the weak spots. 

Certain tanks can be within 2-3 tank lengths and still miss at close range. Seriously, they can be like 30m from another tank and the aiming bloom be 4 times the area of the enemy tank. 

Officially unplayable?  Who made this declaration?   All the thousands of battles I've played over the last 18 months and no one told me the game was unplayable. I just assumed it was working normally and I've been playing as such.   

And guaranteeing a hit at short range is hilarious.  Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to munitions.  

And yes, finishing your statement with bold letters and stating that customers hate the game must make it so.      Who are these customers again?  And why are you still here if you hate the game?    Thousands of entertainment choices out there from you to choose from (is that Candy Crush calling out your name?) so why not just make better use of your time and move on instead of spewing hyperbole.

Kozzack #60 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 02:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View PostDogg_zilla, on Aug 13 2018 - 01:16, said:

Yep Dogg-zilla, that is WoT. What about a tank length distance from a lower tier tank, shoot at it point blank to its side panel and get.... No Damage. This was with my T29 against a tier 5 medium that had about 12 HP left. Couldn't believe it. 

It appears you have also noticed that unless the reticle is narrow enough or small enough, the shot will go nowhere, even if the other tank is 1/2 tank length away. That happened to me many times and was very frustrating. This dispersion mechanics, as it is now, is the worst it has ever been and I truly think WoT is back patting themselves for it.

Here is one trick that sometimes works. When the reticle is not narrow enough and you need to shoot before you loose the target, right click to lock onto the target then shoot. This works in moderate distances, not long or works less in long distant shooting. The right-click manual lock seems to offset the dispersion mechanics crap for some reason and allows your shot to hit target. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users