• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Nunya_000 #21 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 21:00

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 09 2018 - 11:50, said:

kinda yea, if you end up in the water submerged and they shoot at you, you still get damaged. I believe that is what he refers to. 

I know what he was talking about.  In your 24k battles, how many times have you needed to shoot into water?  Maybe about a dozen times?  Twice that?

My point is shooting into water is not something that happens often and is not common.  Our tanks are suppose to be above water.  Why would WG waste time and money writing programming just to make physics level accuracy that only a very few people would even care about? 

Pipinghot #22 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 21:00

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 09 2018 - 10:34, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 09 2018 - 15:05, said:

How I play means nothing and your weaksauce personal attack doesn't change that. Either you can back up what you say or you can't, period.

That is rich, the The pipingHot (pot) calling the kettle black.

It's funny how you keep attempting to make personal attacks rather than actually addressing the topic of discussion. That's a big red flag showing that you can't back up the things you've said.

Pipinghot #23 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostISNomads, on Aug 09 2018 - 14:40, said:

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 09 2018 - 11:33, said:

I agree thunder_1. If WoT actually designed the game to mimic real like physics (which can be done with real work), then this game would be far more exciting and realistic. The aiming reticle method they currently have is real crap, having to wait, what ... 2-4 seconds???? 

Yeah! This simulator sucks!!!

LoL +1 for well played irony (although I'm afraid your intended targets my not be aware of the hit).

leeuniverse #24 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 03:49

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Yep, Wargaming has made the game WORSE in almost every way over the years.

- Making Accuracy worse year after year.

- Making Tank Speeds and Manuverbility worse year after year

etc.

They do it on purpose to make us spend more money because we try to make the tanks less donkey poop, but never end up getting there.

In my view tanks that are the best tanks of the game when Elited, they should be what "stock" tanks are like, most tanks however even when Elited are still MASSIVELY donkey poop, that and much more is how BAD the game is.  This game is so massively bad now, that I only play mainly Light tanks and Auto-Loading Med's to TRY and get some form of enjoyment from the game.

Kozzack #25 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 09 2018 - 20:00, said:

It's funny how you keep attempting to make personal attacks rather than actually addressing the topic of discussion. That's a big red flag showing that you can't back up the things you've said.

I have no interest in bantering with you idiot. Not one post have to made any attempt yourself to advance anything worthwhile in this topic line, not even an intelligent-mature disagreement. The big red flag is your mouth so far. 

MCBAIN4EVER #26 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:48

Captain

• Players
  • 14701 battles
HE shells don't go through water in this game.

hootie274 #27 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 17:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10585 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B

i had my grips about this game. then reading WOT wiki game mechanics section and from other players, i've learned a lot and i am slowly getting better and better at playing WOT

you have to realize this is a DEDICATED ARCADE PLAY STYLE ONLY GAME...

u want more realistics/simulator, go try and play warthunder and a new game i saw on steam called post scriptum

Edited by hootie274, Aug 10 2018 - 17:15.

Kozzack #28 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 17:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View Postleeuniverse, on Aug 10 2018 - 02:49, said:

Yep, Wargaming has made the game WORSE in almost every way over the years.

- Making Accuracy worse year after year.

- Making Tank Speeds and Manuverbility worse year after year

etc.

They do it on purpose to make us spend more money because we try to make the tanks less donkey poop, but never end up getting there.

In my view tanks that are the best tanks of the game when Elited, they should be what "stock" tanks are like, most tanks however even when Elited are still MASSIVELY donkey poop, that and much more is how BAD the game is.  This game is so massively bad now, that I only play mainly Light tanks and Auto-Loading Med's to TRY and get some form of enjoyment from the game.

Thanks for the post LeeUniverse. 

There we go. Remember the dumb poster (Wouldyoulookatthetime), when this post string of mine was brand new, he jumped in to take a snipe before the string had a chance to bring good posters and blindly claimed (opportunist posting); " ...and the lack of agreements (and responses) seem to confirm this" . What a dumb s*** he was. 

Now, posters arrive to relay their similar experiences like LeeUniverse and others. "lack of agreement"? Not anymore :) 

Lee, allow me to move from Elite tanks or Premium tanks. Way back, I purchased the German Tier IV - PZ.KPFW. B2 740 (f). At that time it was the following:

• Great Frontal Armour
  • Lousy gun
  • Fast transverse speed.
  • Few tanks at Tier IV can pen the tank. 

That was before, but after many game updates, WoT did something that nerfed the tank, now it is:

• Mediocre Armor
  • Lousy Gun
  • Fast transverse speed.
  • Most any tank at Tier IV can pen the tank, even to its frontal armour.

WoT did not just negatively affect the armour value, they destroyed it.

What did this show me? 

Why pay WoT my hard earned money when they are going to screw you in the end anyway. It is not worth buying tanks because WoT, in their infinite wisdom, will do something that nerfs the tank and make it useless or make it far less value than it originally was. So this falls inline with what Lee Universe has said. "...do it on purpose to make us spend more money."

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 10 2018 - 17:19.

Pipinghot #29 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostMatrix_Enforcer, on Aug 10 2018 - 10:22, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 09 2018 - 20:00, said:

I have no interest in bantering with you idiot. Not one post have to made any attempt yourself to advance anything worthwhile in this topic line, not even an intelligent-mature disagreement. The big red flag is your mouth so far. 

Translation: You've been losing an argument right from the very beginning and you don't want to admit it nor to expose your failure further by trying to defend your failed arguments. So instead you resort to a string of personal attacks and try to use nonsense to avoid the topic. Message received and understood, I accept your surrender.

diego999 #30 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 22:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35954 battles
  • [ACA-T] ACA-T

We're still waiting for your source, OP.

"Read it somewhere" just doesn't cut it.

Kozzack #31 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 01:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View PostPipinghot, on Aug 10 2018 - 19:03, said:

What Pipinghot has been saying from his first post, 

• Ahhh, now the problem becomes clear. Tinfoil hat detection warning. Danger, Will Robinson!
  • How I play means nothing and your weaksauce personal attack doesn't change that.
  • You say that you "never went in that direction", following tinfoil hat theories
  • It's funny how you keep attempting to make personal attacks rather than actually addressing the topic of discussion
  • So instead you resort to a string of personal attacks and try to use nonsense to avoid the topic. Message received and understood, I accept your surrender.

Each one above has been a personal attack from his first post. Then he twists everything to avert his responsibility to his own actions and tries to lay blame on others,

What Pipinghot has shown was,

• irresponsibility to his own statements and actions, he cannot and will not take responsibility for personal attacks he made, yet he volleys claims others are doing it, this led me to say back, "pot calling the kettle black"
  • clear intent to berate, attack, degrade, undermine,
  • clear intent to be 100% contentious, disrespectful,
  • hypocritical, claiming I make personal attacks when his first post and thereafter was exactly that toward me
  • manipulative - twisting these events to lay blame when this whole contentious confrontation is 100% his doing.

What does this show me about him?

• He is a forum troll, he likes to make a lot of arguments (see below)
  • His only desire is to create confrontation,
  • Power hungry, will attack others to make his self-esteem feel worthy,
  • Complete disregard in how he treats others,
  • Bully, just see the nature of his statements and how he tries to bully others with them. There is not one shred of decency in his character.

Let us see more of the real Pipinghot. 

Over 8,000 posts where Pipinghot is involved, many to be argumentative (he just loves to argue, the negative meaning of it) and/or just outright contentious. Wow, this guy degrades my "personal experiences" and his many posts elsewhere are racked with personal opinion.

It is interesting to note that there are many posts in the WoT forum where people, by their personal experiences, have complained about the way this game plays out. My post is merely one of many. 

Here are some of his involvements in this forum, where he loves to argue and make personal attacks, 

he once said in another post, 

Block Quote (per PipingHot)

"If you think that punishing people who drown by accident is a good idea then you don't know much about people, that would get a lot more hate threads than the current situation."

Hint, Pipinghot, Self-talk is when a person says something they really need to hear about themselves. You certainly don't know about people, your actions here and over many other posts show it. 

Now about my "personal" position about claims from people like Pipinghot

Do I intend to argue stats about this? - NO

Do I intent to prove anything here to others - NO

Do I care if the likes of Pipinghot and others like this idiot agree with me - BIG NO

Do I want to argue with this self-bloated egotistic narcissist? - NO

Do I think trolls like him, who jump on posts to stroke their egos, ever make a valid point -  NO

Do I think this man will ever mature up and smarten up? - heavens NO :facepalm:

Do I see this idiot have any valid input to people's issues with the game - Never.

PS, I keep find your pearls of wisdom as follows, 

Block Quote (per PipingHot)

"Welcome to the year 2016, we're glad you have returned from the mysterious wormhole you were lost in." - this was another of your usual level of intelligence / (personal attacking) posts. (see: http://forum.worldof...the-policy/#31 ;)

:bajan: oh...goodness...

And...

Block Quote (from FeistyLemur)

This is your big problem in the whole thing.

I didn't pretend my feelings were proof that the game was rigged.  I said it frequently feels rigged and I think it merits investigation and or discussion because of this.  It's perfectly fine to have a hunch that something is fishy based on the way it performs.

Why do you continue to insist on putting words in my mouth and draw the conclusion that my skepticism means I'm saying it's proof the game is rigged?

http://forum.worldof...andomness/#255  --- page 13 )

Apparently I am not the only one you slandered the Troll-Wot-Forum way. 

Now, this is what I found so far, and these are but a few of the 8000+ posts you made. 

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 11 2018 - 06:01.

FrDashing #32 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 01:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19990 battles
  • [-BC-F] -BC-F
Aim better.

Kozzack #33 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 01:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View Postdiego999, on Aug 10 2018 - 21:15, said:

We're still waiting for your source, OP.

"Read it somewhere" just doesn't cut it.

grab a coffee or 10, have some snacks, play a video game, cause it will be a long wait for you. 

Payton_Goff #34 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 05:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1406 battles

View PostTHUDER_1, on Aug 09 2018 - 19:58, said:

DID YOU ALL KNOW THAT W.O.T. HAS NO IDEA WHAT BALLISTICS ARE?  WHY DO I POST THAT?  SIMPLE.  WHEN TANKS FIRE A ROUND INTO WATER. IT  WILL EITHER RICOCHET OR IF ENTERING THE WATER WILL CHANG COURSE AND LOSE PEN POWER.  ANYONE WHO HAS EVER FIRED ANY KIND OF FIREARM KNOW THAT. ARTY, TANK GUNS, NAVAL GUNS,  WATER IS THE BANE OF EFFECTIVE FIRE.  BUT W.O.T. DOESN'T SEEM O UNDERSTAND THAT AT ALL.

I disagree, whenever I shoot with arty and miss my splash dmg is far more potent and ranged

RC_1140 #35 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 05:37

Major

• Players
  • 63965 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Why are you shooting on the move with a derp gun?

Kozzack #36 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 05:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View PostRC_1140, on Aug 11 2018 - 04:37, said:

Why are you shooting on the move with a derp gun?

Because I found I as able to do it, many times over many games. So since I was able to, I did. Not successful all the time, but enough times to make it worth it. ... until now, within this last year, WoT changed things that made it impossible. I used to do pretty good with derp guns, even cause hits when the reticle was 50% narrow, again, not anymore. This change even applies to more accurate guns and ammo, same issue, accuracy really has dropped, even when sitting stili, 100% reticle narrow, still target, lots of misses.  

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 11 2018 - 05:47.

dunniteowl #37 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 15:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 30811 battles

From where I sit, this isn't really an issue.  None of it.  You aim, click the LMB, shot either hits/pens or it doesn't.  Loader's busy, Aiming Circle is shrinking.  Instead of cursing your luck and focusing on the fact that you didn't get joy, maybe take a look at the mini-map, check your tank status box and see if you're as well angled as you should be where you are, then fire off another BETTER AIMED shot and repeat the process of going forward and not looking back at what hasn't gone right.

It's not easy to train yourself to drop that distracted focus on stuff you can't do anything about and focus on doing something more to keep you relevant in the match.  This is the single most important thing to learn while playing this game, IMO.  Once you can drop the frustrated, angry, blaming focus of failed whatever-it-is-at-the-moment, you can now turn your formidable mind to the task of:

Survive (if you do not do this, you can not)

Do Damage (if you can't/don't do this, find another way to)

Help Your Team (if you can't/won't do this, you will have a harder time to)

Win (which is never guaranteed)

Instead of hating on WG, try these instead:

Battle Mechanics -- Global WIki (it's linked starting at Vision/Spotting, but you should read the Penetration and Aiming section first, considering your OP)

Crew -- Global Wiki (the only part of the tank that gets better over time [other than YOU] is your Crew.  Learn what they can do for you and how to make them do it)

Hang in there, you're on the cusp of being above average (and that's not easy in this game, believe me, I know).  All you have to do is stop pointing a finger of frustration at all manner of things.  The game is the game.  It is the environment in which you chose to play and the things that have been changed have NOT made aiming worse (and it certainly isn't the Worst, either).  If there is something going on suddenly with your success rate as compared to previously, then something has changed that you either:

Aren't aware of (this is very likely, considering how easily outside focused you are on finding an answer to your issue)

Don't believe is you (also very likely, considering the nature of your post -- I rate it equally likely or concurrent to the above)

Can't understand, due to ignorance of the game mechanics (and AGAIN, I rate this as equally likely and concurrent to the two other options above, considering the nature of the OP)

In any case, I hope you find some answers in the links provided to assist you in the aiming and penning department.  The game hasn't changed significantly in aiming for me since I started playing.  My WR has increased, my damage has increased, my XP has increased.  So it isn't the game, it's got to be you.  We ARE playing the same game, so it can't be broken for you and okay for me at the same time unless it's a perception error.

Comparing notes, I'd say your perception is the one that requires adjustment for error.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Kozzack #38 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 17:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 11 2018 - 14:57, said:

From where I sit, this isn't really an issue.  None of it.  You aim, click the LMB, shot either hits/pens or it doesn't.  Loader's busy, Aiming Circle is shrinking.  Instead of cursing your luck and focusing on the fact that you didn't get joy, maybe take a look at the mini-map, check your tank status box and see if you're as well angled as you should be where you are, then fire off another BETTER AIMED shot and repeat the process of going forward and not looking back at what hasn't gone right.

(...and so on above)

Mmmm, so simplified, but that is not how it works in WoT games.

Apparently your claiming that you never experienced what I have. This says one of two things, 

Scenario 1

This issue occurs only to some players and does not occur to others, so they experience better aiming mechanics instead. 

... or ...

Scenario 2

You can be one of the types that accept corrupted events as the status quo and say "all is fine".

Analogy for Scenario 2

Take an analogy from real life. 2 people working at the same company. The company has a set of rules that are made "official", but what really happens are things that are not per the "official rules" and are experienced by many as contrary to the rules. Of these 2 people, one notices and experiences these "differences" and contrary happenings and says something. The other person of the 2 says, "Nope, all is fine, there is no issue or problem" and defends the corrupted system by putting the blame onto the 1st person.

Ever experience that in your place of work, people saying things are wrong and certain others are claiming no issue and all is fine?

Take a look at this article: https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/releases/why-do-people-defend-unjust-inept-and-corrupt-systems.html

Putting this all together

Which exists here? - is it the different things will only happen to certain people while it doesn't to others (means 2 sets of aiming mechanics at work), or the latter?

We have many posts here at WoT forum where people relate the same or similar experiences. A few have posted in this string, yet there are some that say "all is fine, no issue". 

BETTER AIMED (bold is his doing) shot he says. Mmmm, ...

... reticle is 100% narrow and your tank is stationary, the enemy tank is stationary and in the open, you shoot, it goes way over the other tank or far to the left or right. You try again, after all the other tank never got hit so he is still stationary and not moving. Your shot misses again , you shoot again, and misses again. This happens 6x. 

Is this now "all ok and there is no issue?", the best aiming possible in this game and get 6 misses in a row?  This is only a crumb amount of what I experienced. 

Random number generator should have given at least 3 hits, not 6 misses. Now this kind of crap happens frequently and eventually, I noticed that in sniper mode, the worst shots occur a lot and WoT support claims that 4.5% of the time the shot will be "outside" the reticle. Yep, that is what they said to me. When zoomed out, the hits occur over 95% of the time and I mean zoomed out. Why such a huge difference? Why would sniper mode be far worst aiming mechanics than zoomed out? 

Answer is "reticle size" because that is the consistent element that coincides with the results.

It does not matter what shooting mode your in, the moment the reticle is larger or narrower on the screen, the shot will occur according to the reticle size, worst or accurate. 

What? sniper mode is suppose to be "sniper" focused. The size of the reticle is larger because your zoomed in and zoomed in views makes things larger, and that should not have any impact on the accuracy mechanics of the shot, but alas it does. 

I have asked others I have played with about this issue, and they have confirmed they have experienced the same thing. 

So in finality Dunniteowl, where do you fit in the above 2 scenarios? -- I think the latter.

Edited by Matrix_Enforcer, Aug 11 2018 - 17:52.

dunniteowl #39 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 18:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 30811 battles

Dude, you have completely confirmed my suspicions.

All three equally.

Good Luck to you.

Kozzack #40 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 19:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

I recognize people like you, lots of experience throughout my life, easy to spot them, at least for me. 

People like you don't matter. 

Only the people that care, speak up, willing to do the work to make change, those are the ones that matter. 

Your suspicions are your own, you will live and suffer them, not I. Good luck with them, you'll need it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users