Jump to content


* * * * * 2 votes

[ ST ] New Map: Changes to Fjords

New maps coming soon KRZY Fjords

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 15:04

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3358 battles
  • -231
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Howdy! 

 

New Maps coming in for Super Test:

 

The changes are aimed at mitigating both the external problems of the map (limited area, and only a few amount of predictable actions that can be taken), and new ones that appeared in 1.0 (the passive center). The main attention is paid to the upper spawn, devoid of some important options compared to the south's spawn choices of town, sneak into mid or head up north to surround and punish the team in the north.

The entire playing area is shifted 75 meters to the north, which allows, without changing the habitual positions and the general drawing of the map, to add an additional passage to the area of ​​the waterfall. In passing, a playable area A5-A6 serving as an analogue of F8 at the lower spawn is formed. Now travel is safe for the upper spawn point, however long it is; and the best tactics are achieved by combined movement through A7 and C7. Even if the team from the upper base chooses not to battle in the upper part of the map it does not mean, as before, an automatic surrender of the whole angle - the lower base, even taking a corner, now has to reckon with the possibility of the enemy traversing through the A7 and flanking.

The central squares on lines C and D receive reinforcement in the form of a ditch depth of about 4-5 meters with several gentle outcrops, vegetation and a number of shelters. These same shelters, even without being used directly, break the empty space and allow players to conduct more diverse shootings at long distances, taking away from the pattern "lit up - fell under fire from all bushes at once." For the same purpose, the geometry of Hill D6 is slightly adjusted.

The position on B2 is added as an analogue of the peninsula (square J9) of the lower base - all the points of defense that were previously available for the upper spawn did not have such versatility. However, the new position is small in size and can be shot blindly.

The new layout of the map draws attention to the north corner of the map. This is done deliberately and aimed at changing the overabundance of tanks deployed to the lower right hand corner of the map, which is often observed in the square K5.

The artistic appearance of the map does not correspond to the final one, but is sufficient for testing purposes.


Edited by KRZYBooP, Aug 09 2018 - 16:52.


Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #2 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 15:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 77719 battles
  • 3,257
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

Glad to see that WG recognized this map is very problematic and are trying to fix it. Right now I hate this map so much.


 


 



shinglefoot #3 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 15:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 23363 battles
  • 3,178
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013

     They should fix Mannerheim line, I load in 30 seconds late on that map EVERY DAMN TIME...

 

Anybody else have this problem?



CynicalDutchie #4 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 15:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 40773 battles
  • 3,921
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

Fisherman's bay and Erlenberg are way more problematic, why aren't those getting fixed?

 

And will we be getting those promised server transfers when 1.1 hits?



MagillaGuerilla #5 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 15:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25081 battles
  • 3,868
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

View Postshinglefoot, on Aug 09 2018 - 15:15, said:

     They should fix Mannerheim line, I load in 30 seconds late on that map EVERY DAMN TIME...

 

Anybody else have this problem?

 

Same here.

KRZYBooP #6 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 15:56

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3358 battles
  • -231
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View Postshinglefoot, on Aug 09 2018 - 08:15, said:

     They should fix Mannerheim line, I load in 30 seconds late on that map EVERY DAMN TIME...

 

Anybody else have this problem?

 

View PostNudnick, on Aug 09 2018 - 08:34, said:

 

Same here.

 

That's a little weird for only one particular map to cause a late spawn. Have you already submitted a ticket to our support team?

 



AndrewSledge #7 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:05

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 32289 battles
  • 1,823
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014
The images don't seem to be coming through for me in this post.

MagillaGuerilla #8 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:09

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25081 battles
  • 3,868
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 09 2018 - 15:56, said:

 

 

That's a little weird for only one particular map to cause a late spawn. Have you already submitted a ticket to our support team?

 

 

I can't be bothered, I don't play much anymore.

xrays_ #9 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 16:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 49120 battles
  • 3,899
  • [FELOW] FELOW
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostAndrewSledge, on Aug 09 2018 - 10:05, said:

The images don't seem to be coming through for me in this post.

 

Same here... DNS resolve issues trying to find "confluence.wargaming.net".

 

x.



YANKEE137 #10 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 17:39

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10876 battles
  • 3,793
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

I Like it, it should draw more people north and make it more  relevant to the battle.  The B2 area is a good idea as well- it needs more room to defend from once a push is incoming.

Personally I'd like to be able to drive up into the H4-5 area. I don't think it would be OP, could be a fun fight in tight winding lanes.



Rawrlynn #11 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 18:15

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26806 battles
  • 410
  • [CDN-T] CDN-T
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014
the biggest issues with fjords as it is right now, I feel are the 1 line spawn team can tear up anyone going to k5 with little work or worry,  the 0 line spawn has the j9-k0  space for TD support so 1 line spawn doesn't really want to push around  there,  Northern pass is easily won by 0 line spawn. as there are plenty of hiding places on that ridge.   so  in my thoughts if you are on the 1 line spawn point you have a much less chance to win as the map favors that side with support points and firing avenues. 

Omega_Weapon #12 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 18:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 48859 battles
  • 2,080
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011
More tactical options. Looks like a good improvement for the Fjords map.

V_A_C_A #13 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 19:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 23612 battles
  • 1,889
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View Postshinglefoot, on Aug 09 2018 - 11:15, said:

     They should fix Mannerheim line, I load in 30 seconds late on that map EVERY DAMN TIME...

 

Anybody else have this problem?

 

I have a friend of mine with the same problem, in the same map.
I thought it was just with him, but now you're telling this here... What could be the cause? :ohmy:

shinglefoot #14 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 23363 battles
  • 3,178
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013

View PostV_A_C_A, on Aug 09 2018 - 14:36, said:

 

I have a friend of mine with the same problem, in the same map.
I thought it was just with him, but now you're telling this here... What could be the cause? :ohmy:

 

     No clue but it's every time and tank choice makes no difference...

Kehox #15 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:33

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14447 battles
  • 393
  • Member since:
    01-23-2015

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 09 2018 - 09:04, said:

Howdy! 

 

New Maps coming in for Super Test:

 

The changes are aimed at mitigating both the external problems of the map (limited area, and only a few amount of predictable actions that can be taken), and new ones that appeared in 1.0 (the passive center). The main attention is paid to the upper spawn, devoid of some important options compared to the south's spawn choices of town, sneak into mid or head up north to surround and punish the team in the north.

 

The entire playing area is shifted 75 meters to the north, which allows, without changing the habitual positions and the general drawing of the map, to add an additional passage to the area of ​​the waterfall. In passing, a playable area A5-A6 serving as an analogue of F8 at the lower spawn is formed. Now travel is safe for the upper spawn point, however long it is; and the best tactics are achieved by combined movement through A7 and C7. Even if the team from the upper base chooses not to battle in the upper part of the map it does not mean, as before, an automatic surrender of the whole angle - the lower base, even taking a corner, now has to reckon with the possibility of the enemy traversing through the A7 and flanking.

The central squares on lines C and D receive reinforcement in the form of a ditch depth of about 4-5 meters with several gentle outcrops, vegetation and a number of shelters. These same shelters, even without being used directly, break the empty space and allow players to conduct more diverse shootings at long distances, taking away from the pattern "lit up - fell under fire from all bushes at once." For the same purpose, the geometry of Hill D6 is slightly adjusted.

The position on B2 is added as an analogue of the peninsula (square J9) of the lower base - all the points of defense that were previously available for the upper spawn did not have such versatility. However, the new position is small in size and can be shot blindly.

 

The new layout of the map draws attention to the north corner of the map. This is done deliberately and aimed at changing the overabundance of tanks deployed to the lower right hand corner of the map, which is often observed in the square K5.

The artistic appearance of the map does not correspond to the final one, but is sufficient for testing purposes.

 

The problem with fjords map is that ABC line spawn have just too much cover compare to HJK line spawn ... and make this map soooooo boring because 1) you have to camp to avoid ABC line arty ... and 2) from HJK line spawn you have only 1 arty spot ... wich give only 3 direct line of fire wich mean you cant  doo much compare to ABC line have atleast 4+ angle of attack... all in all this map is unfair no matter how much rework you will do on... ABC line is favorite to win 80% of the time if they camp A line and K4 location... ! 



Avalon304 #16 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 20:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 20258 battles
  • 8,664
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
Hmmm... interesting. I didnt really have an issue with Fjords... and I cant see why people hate it, but these changes look interesting. The north changes especially.

pickpocket293 #17 Posted Aug 09 2018 - 21:04

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28925 battles
  • 1,052
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

These changes seem like an improvement to the map, in my opinion. I'm excited to try it out. More routes/options will always make things more interesting, and I suspect that the changes to the north east portion of the map will make it much more interesting.

 

 

Overall, I think this is a positive change. Kudos to the map team for fixing things that actually need fixing! 



MagillaGuerilla #18 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 02:21

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25081 battles
  • 3,868
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

View Postshinglefoot, on Aug 09 2018 - 20:04, said:

 

     No clue but it's every time and tank choice makes no difference...

 

I saw someone say that it's a bug with the sound files of the rockets noise that has existed since they changed the map. After the rockets have landed the game loads. At least that's what it does for me.

tod914 #19 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 04:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 60026 battles
  • 4,479
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Seems a few of the maps have become rather static with the 1.0 update.  Fisherman's Bay and Fjords especially.  Be interesting to see if this change favors the North Spawn.

pickpocket293 #20 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:05

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28925 battles
  • 1,052
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

View PostNudnick, on Aug 09 2018 - 17:21, said:

 

I saw someone say that it's a bug with the sound files of the rockets noise that has existed since they changed the map. After the rockets have landed the game loads. At least that's what it does for me.

 

I'd like to be able to turn the sounds of those rockets off, but the only way to do that is sound effects, which means I don't hear when I get shot or shoot something. Why do I have to choose between being deafened at the start of every game of Mannerheim line and hearing the sound of my gun?




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users