FV304 grind worth it?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

fsdgsg #1 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 02:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4626 battles
I'm on the Bishop right now and I am suffering through it, I've done getting close to the battlefield so I can reach people, tried driving up slopes to increase my range, but I can never get good results, is the FV worth all this?

CrashBandicoot1 #2 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 02:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 9914 battles
  • [MARV] MARV
fv304 is worth it for the lols. Just stop there. 

BabA_YA6A #3 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 03:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26233 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-

View Postfsdgsg, on Aug 10 2018 - 09:24, said:

I'm on the Bishop right now and I am suffering through it, I've done getting close to the battlefield so I can reach people, tried driving up slopes to increase my range, but I can never get good results, is the FV worth all this?

The F304 was a fun troll arty prior of wargaming converted it to HD and increased the size by about 50% and reduced the mobility. 

But to be honest I sold mine when wargaming did the changes because it lost its flair.

NeroGermanicus #4 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 03:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 43620 battles
  • [HAX] HAX

The Brit SPG's got the same damage nerf that all the other did. And this was doubly bad seeing as how pitiful the damage they did pre nerf! I got the FV3805 unlocked and abandoned the line, they just plain suck!

wkcw1 #5 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 03:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14226 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

Bert is still fun but you will not do any stun damage if you want to call complete any spg missions.

sneakytails #6 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 04:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7147 battles
  • [ESG] ESG

It was hit hard by the recent SPG changes and the new HD model.

Bert is twice the size it used to be, making it so much harder to hide while still supporting your team in a forward position. A second side effect of the bigger Bert is close combat is much harder now, before Bert was so low to the ground that the minimal gun depression did not matter, now Bert is much taller making it hard to hit tanks close up, esp some of the more low profile tanks.

Bert also did not get any stun due to gun caliber size but it still saw the rest of the nerfs that the other SPG's that did get stun received.

It really got the short end of the stick, but that is what the a certain crowd was clamoring for, and that's what happened.

Slowly but surely every unique vehicle in this game is dying off, the light tanks got it (M41, 59-16, and VK 28.01) and now Bert, even the AT2 is a shadow of its former self.

Right now, the best way to get some of the old Bert play-style back is to play the Crusader SP with the small gun. YMMV on that one though, some cant handle its quirks.

BaconMeLoveIt #7 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 04:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13765 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

I do like the Bishop. It is a fun little SPG to the point of me naming it as the British KV-2. But way more fun than the Soviet KV-2 because of the rate of fire.

The rate of fire is great to have as well as the steep angle of the shots.

Not sure about the FV304 though.

dfw11411 #8 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 06:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5843 battles
  • [49LSD] 49LSD

I enjoyed the Bishop once I learned how to play it. I have not yet learned to love the FV304. On paper it should play like a more powerful Bishop, but that's not really true. I just can't seem to "get in tune" with it. I'm about 1/3 of the way to earning the Crusader SP but have put the FV304 back in the garage for a few weeks. Other SPGs are more fun for me.

If you are struggling with the Bishop, I suspect you'll hate the FV304.

BeastsOfBattle #9 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 06:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11887 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Bishop is good, Crusader SP with the Bishop gun is very good, likely closer to what the FV304 used to be. I didn't like the post nerf FV304, rate of fire is less than the Bishop with the same gun. Crusader SP with the same gun has a higher rate of fire.

The Crusader SP and Bishop are my go to tanks when the game is acting up with bad ping/lag issues or when I'm just looking for a fun relaxing time whacking tanks in locations they don't think they can get hit.

Edited by BeastsOfBattle, Aug 10 2018 - 07:01.

scHnuuudle_bop #10 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 07:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 17131 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

Just the Bishop is worth the grind, the most fun of any of them.

Wait, pick a front to support, move around using Sat view to line up the campers, pop, either shoot him again or move along to surprise the next poor camper. Continue. The ability, close up to drop shots through windows and over rocks is great fun. Following allows great movement to get even better lob with some flanking shots. Fast loading and accurate more than makes up for its speed and range.

Bert, FV304, speed,  fast loads, along with the lob and accuracy. No longer tied to 1 front.

The Crusader SP. With the short gun (same as BIshop), this thing is a riot. Very sleek , so hard to see. Once a person gets used to driving in reverse, it can get the same great results as the BIshop, just with faster land speed. Cover multiple fronts, make all shots from unusual locations. Lots of flanking shots and that wonderful lob and loading.

Loads of entertainment being chased, -43K, popping of shots at the pursuing  light tank.

The closer you are when you throw something, the more accurate the toss. You can actually choose and generally hit turret, tracks or back deck.

All three, the joy of permatracking.

I sort of skip the next 2, then the CGC. Oh my, what a beast. This is worth the grind.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Aug 13 2018 - 07:51.

V_A_C_A #11 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 13:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21985 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Aug 13 2018 - 03:48, said:

I sort of skip the next 2, then the CGC. Oh my, what a beast. This is worth the grind.

CGC is my love nowadays. :medal:

heavymetal1967 #12 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 13:40

Major

• Players
  • 63995 battles

View PostBeastsOfBattle, on Aug 10 2018 - 00:59, said:

Bishop is good, Crusader SP with the Bishop gun is very good, likely closer to what the FV304 used to be. I didn't like the post nerf FV304, rate of fire is less than the Bishop with the same gun. Crusader SP with the same gun has a higher rate of fire.

The Crusader SP and Bishop are my go to tanks when the game is acting up with bad ping/lag issues or when I'm just looking for a fun relaxing time whacking tanks in locations they don't think they can get hit.

This and admittedly I just recently switched out to the short gun on the Crusader.  Even giving up the higher alpha and stun it's a better configuration.

It's not as good as it used to be and per this poster it's probably the lesser of the three imo, but it's still good.  Plus it leads to the Crusader SP and the others in the line. Once you get to the Bishop all the tanks in the line (except the Crusader) get vents which is a boost especially if coupled with BIA.

Bishop has the same gun as the 304, but sees a tier lower and has a better RoF and aimtime.  Also that howitzer has great module damage for it's tier.

To be clear you won't get stun in the British line until you get to the Crusader and then only if you run the top gun which is not the one to run imo.

Stugmeister #13 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 18:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 19377 battles
nerfed to oblivion....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users