medium looking for advice recommendations

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Chesilin #1 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 05:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6043 battles
  • [-LHN-] -LHN-

So I was looking through my garage, and I just realized I play only 1 above-tier-IV medium, the German Pz. III/IV (Ignoring some premium mediums that came from special events). The rest of the medium tanks I have are Czech, Swedish, and Italian, and are at tier IV, which means I haven't really put in enough time into those tanks to get a good feel for them.

So, any recommendations? Which line should I go down and why? Also, if you can, I'd appreciate it if you could drop a few words about the Czech/Swedish/Italian medium line, since as said, I'm hardly familiarized with them.

Thanks for your time, and happy tanking!

-Iklaendia

Edit: Okay, I lied. Turns out I also have the Pz. Ausf H. Also German though, so that doesn't help my case much.

Edited by Chesilin, Aug 10 2018 - 05:42.

gideon_an #2 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 05:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21194 battles
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
The Firefly is a nice one but goes to TDs after that.

The American mediums are nice and solid overall. Some of the most played meds are Pattons after the Russian Meds.
British Mediums are trollish with the turrets but when you get them bouncing you will give enemies migranes.

For armor Russian Meds. They are like turbo boosted heavies in some cases.

Then you have French, Czech, and Italian auto loaders. Powerful but you need a mindset to play them.

BaconMeLoveIt #3 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 06:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13820 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

Sweden: Tier-VIII and higher are heavy tanks. So you are going to pretty much retrain the crews from a medium tank crew to a heavy tank crew.

Czech: All are mediums tanks above tier-IV and higher. The number of crews and roles are pretty much the same for tiers-IV thru -X with the exception of tiers-VII and -VII that has a loader for the 5th member of the crew. They say Czech line is no beginner friendly.

German: Until tier-VII you will need 5 crew members. After that, you only need 4 crew members from tiers-VIII thru -X (for the Leopard 1). But they say Leopard 1 is currently a poo poo.

The premium tank  Pz.Kpfw. T 25 is pretty much the German version and at tier-V of the tier-VI Skoda T40 of the Czech line.

Go for the American line for the medium.

Soviet_Bias_Is_Just_Myth #4 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 06:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15703 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Well you came to the right place. I’ve dabbled in all save for the Italian. Basically what this meta rewards is flexibility. And the best line for someone who’s just starting with mediums and a rewarding grind is the American line. Tiers 3,5,6,9,and 10 are all gems. And you could make the case for the 4,7, and 8. But basically the M48 Patton is a murder machine that will embarrass most Russian mediums and the grind to get there isn’t too bad.

Another favorite of mine is the E50M line. They’ve buffed a few tanks since I went down the line so you’ll have a better time of it. The good tiers for that one are 6,8,9, and 10. With the Panther being average.

And of course the mythical Russian bias mediums. Personally I favor the Object 140 line with the tier 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 all being amazing with the tier 7 being ok but not amazing.

Another viable line is the British. The tier(s) 2,3,6,9,10 are gems with the rest being an easy grind. The AX at tier X is solid but rather large and hard to conceal. But it does have good turret armor and a nasty gun with some solid speed and Power to Weight.

As for the more specialized lines avoid the Japanese mediums. They aren’t good right now. And while the Czech line is amazing tier(s) 6,9,10; the other tanks are ok but the tier 8 TVP VTU is so bad you’ll want to quit the line. And as for the Chinese mediums, well two words: Power Creep. The French are fun for the BC25t at tier X and the AMX 30P at tier 9, however, the grind to get there is abysmal and full of weak light tanks that are out gunned for their tier.

So I would recommend the Patton line as the best, the 140 line behind it and the E50M line (it’s not weak!) Other than that the 430u is solid and so is the Centurion AC but I still recommend the Patton as the most forgiving and destructive of the bunch, especially after the turret buff.

I_QQ_4_U #5 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 07:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 17811 battles
Russians are generally easiest to play as they are more forgiving mistakes, US are generally good jack of all trades.

_Ape #6 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 07:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22398 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
American mediums

KeepYourselfSafe_xD #7 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 07:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7220 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Leopard 1 :^)

PuddleSplasher #8 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 14:49

Major

• Players
  • 36628 battles

Russian all the way for me.

As a new player many years ago I had the option of Russia, Germany or the USA. I opted for Russia as the underdogs as I had no real clue of this game and all its intracies.

It has served me well.

Norse_Knight #9 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 15:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19528 battles
  • [HROW] HROW
I would say the American medium line has been the most comfortable. The only bad tank in the line is the M3 Lee, after that its all up. Some people don't like the T20 but I really liked it.  Good view range, turret armor and gun depression combined with decent alpha are carried down the entire line.

Edited by Norse_Knight, Aug 10 2018 - 15:06.

maddogatc #10 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30277 battles

Russian mediums as there is no Russian bias in this game.

Armour of a heavy tank and speed of a light tank. Best hidden gun stats, especially with the Bobjects, over most comparable medium tanks same tier.

Tuzban #11 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27926 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

I don't quite get why everyone keep recommending US mediums. With the current matchmaking, tier 8 is really painful, and the Pershing is _really_ bad in the current meta/mm. I wonder if people recommending it played the tank in the olden days.

I would look at medium lines where all tanks from t8-10 are competitive. The best ones out there currently are the Italians and the Russians. Italians have a higher skill cap, while Russians are both easier and more meta.

Personally, I would recommend the Russian Object 430U line for anyone as their first medium tank like. It's easier to play and gets really powerful towards the end. Plus the T-44 splits into three tier 10 tanks. If you prefer less armor and more dpm, you can always go for Object 140 or the T-62A.

Norse_Knight #12 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19528 battles
  • [HROW] HROW

View PostTuzban, on Aug 10 2018 - 16:34, said:

I don't quite get why everyone keep recommending US mediums. With the current matchmaking, tier 8 is really painful, and the Pershing is _really_ bad in the current meta/mm. I wonder if people recommending it played the tank in the olden days.

I would look at medium lines where all tanks from t8-10 are competitive. The best ones out there currently are the Italians and the Russians. Italians have a higher skill cap, while Russians are both easier and more meta.

Personally, I would recommend the Russian Object 430U line for anyone as their first medium tank like. It's easier to play and gets really powerful towards the end. Plus the T-44 splits into three tier 10 tanks. If you prefer less armor and more dpm, you can always go for Object 140 or the T-62A.

I just got to the M46 (4 days ago) and I loved the pershing. the issue with it you MUST be willing to use some premium due to the bad MM tier 8 has. It has great view range and gun depression, you just cant play it like some zippy fast pancake Russian tank. The Russians are easy to play over all which I do agree with but the Americans are a really comfortable line if you like the ridge fighting style

Also tagged with medium, looking for advice, recommendations

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users