NO Crew Training & Retraining Discount - Again!

Crew Training Retraining

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 14:47

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48304 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

Me again.  Yet another weekend goes by without a crew training or retraining discount.  Yet another post gets completely ignored by Wargaming staff (Although Wargaming did apologize for forgetting to give us the discount on Reddit).  I know that First World problems aren't the worst in the universe but can any of you remember the last time we received a discount?

Things I'd like to know:

1) Are Training/Retraining Discounts a thing of the past now?

2) Is there a specific reason that NA is the ONLY server that hasn't received one these when the other servers have gotten at least 2 since our last Discount?

3) Is there going to a Discount at some point in the next 3 months?

If any of you Wargaming NA staff who read this (at least 3-5 of you will read this) have the ability to respond to just ONE of these questions, ANY information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  If the Russians don't have you tongue tied, please don't go Bueller on me...  ;)

Thank you.

__WarChild__

SIDE NOTE:  If you have 10 tanks with 5-6 crew members that you want to retrain with Gold, that's 10,000 Gold AT LEAST you can save yourself with a Discounted weekend (Fair Market Value = $44).

MountainLion1 #2 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 26928 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
The discounted crew retraining on the EU server don’t start until tomorrow, so maybe we will also get it on the NA server by then.

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 15:07

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48304 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostMountainLion1, on Aug 10 2018 - 07:54, said:

The discounted crew retraining on the EU server don’t start until tomorrow, so maybe we will also get it on the NA server by then.

I didn't even know that they were getting one.  If true, and NA doesn't receive one, then I think the Answer to (1) is a resounding YES.  :sceptic:

I see no such announcement for us this weekend. 

SparkyGT #4 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 62134 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
how long has it been since the last one?  there are a bunch of my clanmates waiting for it also, i have about 15 tanks to retrain crews for  :confused:

Obj_279 #5 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 15:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 17702 battles
  • [-MOE-] -MOE-

View PostMountainLion1, on Aug 10 2018 - 14:54, said:

Mate you're expecting those NA guys to PREPARE somthing in the future. Nah

Slatherer #6 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 15:19

Major

• Players
  • 45241 battles
All my grinds are now elited, except the German and Soviet light tank lines...  And they are just not worth the pain anymore.

I have so many crews to move up now, it's rediculous!

All I have left to grind is my US tier 9 Arty.

ARTY!!!

it's come down to that!

I feel so ashamed!

GenPanzer #7 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 47863 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1
I am 100% convinced that the NA crew for this game just doesn't give a rat's [edited]about their jobs.

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 84503 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Even if we get the special there are other issues here to consider.

Guessing our server still rakes it in.  In terms of average per person despite the population aka power is in the purse folks.

Casual_Boops #9 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:03

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 42559 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 10 2018 - 05:47, said:

Howdy Tankers,

Me again.  Yet another weekend goes by without a crew training or retraining discount.  Yet another post gets completely ignored by Wargaming staff (Although Wargaming did apologize for forgetting to give us the discount on Reddit).  I know that First World problems aren't the worst in the universe but can any of you remember the last time we received a discount?

Things I'd like to know:

1) Are Training/Retraining Discounts a thing of the past now?

2) Is there a specific reason that NA is the ONLY server that hasn't received one these when the other servers have gotten at least 2 since our last Discount?

3) Is there going to a Discount at some point in the next 3 months?

If any of you Wargaming NA staff who read this (at least 3-5 of you will read this) have the ability to respond to just ONE of these questions, ANY information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  If the Russians don't have you tongue tied, please don't go Bueller on me...  ;)

Thank you.

__WarChild__

SIDE NOTE:  If you have 10 tanks with 5-6 crew members that you want to retrain with Gold, that's 10,000 Gold AT LEAST you can save yourself with a Discounted weekend (Fair Market Value = $44).

For what it's worth, retraining crew from one tank to the next with gold is the biggest waste of gold I've seen in this game IMO. Retraining for silver and then playing a few games with a 90% crew isn't too big of a penalty and for the amount of gold it saves you, it's a no-brainer. You don't lose progress on your perks and skills, you just start refilling the primary qualification before having the crew xp go toward the skills again.

On the other hand, modifying the skills a crew has is something I'll only do with gold, because otherwise you lose a lot of progress... So there are several individual crew members that are waiting for their BiA reskill until a sale.

the_dude_76 #10 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 34372 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpickpocket293, on Aug 10 2018 - 09:03, said:

On the other hand, modifying the skills a crew has is something I'll only do with gold, because otherwise you lose a lot of progress... So there are several individual crew members that are waiting for their BiA reskill until a sale.

The progress you lose isn't any more than you lose for retraining with silver. It's 10% either way. Which means you can recover that progress just as quickly. This weekend is x2 crew exp, toss in a 200% crew exp booster and you'll have it all back in short order.

vyle02 #11 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 16:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38024 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Ive been on the forums for months now, they dont care...maybe for christmas...sigh It also doesnt help that meathead keeps saying how important crews are every week and WG just laughs at us while giving EU an even called crews are important...I'm stuck with like 20 crews that need training, but I suppose this is par for the course, besides, WG doesn't read these post anywhere...ot they make a drinking game out of them as they laugh at us, how sadistic. 

Edited by vyle02, Aug 10 2018 - 16:51.

__WarChild__ #12 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 18:19

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48304 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postvyle02, on Aug 10 2018 - 09:33, said:

Ive been on the forums for months now, they dont care...maybe for christmas...sigh It also doesnt help that meathead keeps saying how important crews are every week and WG just laughs at us while giving EU an even called crews are important...I'm stuck with like 20 crews that need training, but I suppose this is par for the course, besides, WG doesn't read these post anywhere...ot they make a drinking game out of them as they laugh at us, how sadistic. 

Wargaming NA reads my posts.  I have proof of it.  I also know that they also have meetings to discuss whether they should respond to my posts and that they are instructed not to.  You will not see anyone from Wargaming respond to this. 

It's possible that we might get the Discount tomorrow, but if not, just know that both EU & RU will get discounts this weekend. 

Obj_279 #13 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 18:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 17702 battles
  • [-MOE-] -MOE-

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 10 2018 - 18:19, said:

Wargaming NA reads my posts.  I have proof of it.  I also know that they also have meetings to discuss whether they should respond to my posts and that they are instructed not to.  You will not see anyone from Wargaming respond to this.

It's possible that we might get the Discount tomorrow, but if not, just know that both EU & RU will get discounts this weekend.

ASIA server as well.

Casual_Boops #14 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 19:44

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 42559 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View Postthe_dude_76, on Aug 10 2018 - 07:19, said:

The progress you lose isn't any more than you lose for retraining with silver. It's 10% either way. Which means you can recover that progress just as quickly. This weekend is x2 crew exp, toss in a 200% crew exp booster and you'll have it all back in short order.

Incorrect, and a common misconception.

If you retrain the crew for a new TANK, your crew loses 10% of their proficiency (down to 90%), and crew xp is sent to fill that "bucket" up first before it goes back into powering up your skills and perks. You do not lose progress toward skills and perks when you retrain a crew to a new tank with silver.

If you reskill a crew, where you get to choose which perks and skills that crew member has, if you do it for silver you will lose 10% of the total xp that that crew member has earned, so if you're at 5 perks and you reset for silver, you might be down an entire perk.

Retraining to a new tank for silver is a great idea. Reskilling for silver is generally not a good idea.

Obj_279 #15 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 12:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 17702 battles
  • [-MOE-] -MOE-
It's finally happening!

__WarChild__ #16 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 17:45

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48304 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
When do they wait until Saturday to make an announcement about Saturday and Sunday?  That's pretty stupid.

Slatherer #17 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 01:47

Major

• Players
  • 45241 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 11 2018 - 08:45, said:

When do they wait until Saturday to make an announcement about Saturday and Sunday?  That's pretty stupid.

Yes. Several threads would never even been started, too.

Also tagged with Crew Training, Retraining

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users