Rules

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Systemrename190 #1 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 23:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 15309 battles
  • [SYS] SYS
It is common knowledge that team killers are punished automatically. However, the Automated TK/TD system does not take into account any battles that do not contain TOTAL DESTRUCTION of allied vehicles. These players are NOT automatically banned from the game for team damage, only for team kills. If somebody damages a team mate intentionally, but does not KILL any allies, nothing will happen to them unless a bystander or victim sends a ticket including a replay to customer support. 

ThunderwingDoomslayer #2 Posted Aug 10 2018 - 23:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 993 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
So I can shoot all 14 of my team mates without a ban as long as I don't kill them ? LUL

PM_4Head #3 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 00:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17701 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
This is blatantly false, I’ve gotten hour bans for shooting and not killing teammates in strongholds.

IndignantMapleBacon #4 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 00:04

Major

• Players
  • 24672 battles
  • [CDN-T] CDN-T

View PostSystemrename190, on Aug 10 2018 - 23:52, said:

It is common knowledge that team killers are punished automatically. However, the Automated TK/TD system does not take into account any battles that do not contain TOTAL DESTRUCTION of allied vehicles. These players are NOT automatically banned from the game for team damage, only for team kills. If somebody damages a team mate intentionally, but does not KILL any allies, nothing will happen to them unless a bystander or victim sends a ticket including a replay to customer support. 

That's not how it works, it works on accumulated damage. One you hit the required amount, you turn blue. go past that you get banned. Play some games with out any team damage and you return to green..... 

IndignantMapleBacon #5 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 00:05

Major

• Players
  • 24672 battles
  • [CDN-T] CDN-T

View PostPM______OmegaMungBean, on Aug 11 2018 - 00:03, said:

This is blatantly false, I’ve gotten hour bans for shooting and not killing teammates in strongholds.

White equates to a ban right? 

ket101 #6 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 00:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View PostSystemrename190, on Aug 11 2018 - 08:52, said:

Completely wrong.  There's games you can see on Youtube where someone gets themselves banned without destroying a tank.  Claus Kellerman's "The biggest A$$hole" videos occasionally feature these.

Besides which, all team damage is penalised.  All of it.  Sometimes it's just credits deducted from your total, but a penalty is applied to all team damage.

There's no point sending a ticket in for team damage.  WG states in the rules for team damage that it relies completely on the automatic system.  If you see someone pushing another person's tank into the line of fire, or just being a huge pain, then you can report them with a Support ticket.  The first is "Physics Abuse", the second is "Unsportsmanlike Behaviour".  Include a copy of the replay file for proof.

rich73 #7 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 52048 battles
Ive killed by accident and not been banned or turned blue,but it rarely happens and because of the rareness,you can get away with it if you had no prior team damage for the previous period.Its generally one shot on a low heath team mate who wandered in front of my shot.

ArmorStorm #8 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 00:50

Major

• Players
  • 35402 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostSystemrename190, on Aug 10 2018 - 16:52, said:

So much wrong here.  The automatic system tallies team damage in comparison with normal damage in addition to counting repeated hits, proximity to cap circles, proximity to enemy vehicles, whether the vehicle shooting is an SPG and other factors. 

WG will not accept tickets or replays for team damage incidents at all.  

Major_Mayhem_69 #9 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 01:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24960 battles
I think it takes 2-3 shots in a row at teammates before you turn blue, and anymore earns you a 1hr. "time out". Not sure how this works on tanks that fire clips.

dominator_98 #10 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 01:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 20152 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

If it's been long enough that the system thinks you're totally clean, it works as follows (in my all-too-experienced mind).

2 shots - blue, 3rd is a ban

If ally has cap points - 1 is blue, 2 is banned

Kills and the amount of damage is irrelevant. I could do 4,000 team damage with my Death Star and the system treats it the same as if I did 640 damage with my T-62A (credit fines would be larger for the Death Star of course).

heavymetal1967 #11 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 65437 battles

OP folks can and have gotten a ban and/or blue status for only damaging allies.

Damage system is a bit hard to fathom because WG hasn't let out the formula and things are weighted differently (again an unknown value).  But folks can fairly accurately guesstimate things and game the system as well.

The automated system takes several things into account like team damage history, proximity to the ally they shot, shell type (HE gets a higher threshold and is easily abused) and a variety of other things with values WG hasn't disclosed.

Fire, crushing damage, damaging an ally capping and mg bursts also can get you spanked harder because of the way the damage is tracked.

And I've seen folks get banned and not turn blue.  Blue in game mind you, they may be blue in the garage, but not in game.  And blue in the garage also indicates the player has a lower threshold and can get banned easily till the blue clears and not everyone that turns blue in game is blue in the garage when the match is over.   And you can also not turn blue in game, but be blue in the garage after the match.

FYI for folks, blue in garage clears after "enough" foe damage - again an unknown value.  But it seems to be based on the amount of team damage you did.  Also if you're blue in garage you'll appear blue in game only on YOUR roster, not on the teams so they can't shoot you with impunity.  Unless you turn in game blue again.

dunniteowl #12 Posted Aug 11 2018 - 15:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 22242 battles

My avatar is blue -- with a bit of yellow.

My tank has been blue in all the matches I have had five times and I have two one hour time outs for my actions in those moments.  Totally deserved them and totally unregretful of one of them.

I have also been Only Blue in the Garage two other times, I think.  I prefer to avoid team damage.  I like getting Battle Buddies.  They are a marker of my honest desire to be a team player and not harm my team. 

The time I have no regrets, a Big TD in tier VIII, don't recall what it was, pinned me (JgPzIV, T6 DE) against the side of the map and started pushing me along the edge.  The battle wasn't even engaged yet and I did nothing to this guy.  I managed to turn myself and popped him in the lower glacis with APCR and just kept firing tell he was done.  I hit him like six or seven times and I didn't get banned until I killed him.  There was NO DOUBT that I was shooting at HIM with every shot.  He died, I turned blue, but kept going in the match.  At the end of the match, I was banned for an hour.

I totally deserved it, I shot a Green Tank.  He totally deserved it and, while I remain unrepentant, if it occurred again, I would not repeat my actions.  He trolled me and won.

OvO

GL, HF & HSYBF!

Edited by dunniteowl, Aug 11 2018 - 15:29.

the_Deadly_Bulb #13 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 07:01

Major

• Players
  • 22217 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSystemrename190, on Aug 10 2018 - 14:52, said:

It is common knowledge that team killers are punished automatically. However, the Automated TK/TD system does not take into account any battles that do not contain TOTAL DESTRUCTION of allied vehicles. These players are NOT automatically banned from the game for team damage, only for team kills. If somebody damages a team mate intentionally, but does not KILL any allies, nothing will happen to them unless a bystander or victim sends a ticket including a replay to customer support

FYI OP, WG does NOT accept reports for team damage, no matter what the result of the game.

There is the automated system and only the system, they could care less about team damage reports.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Aug 12 2018 - 07:04.

memegene #14 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 15:47

Captain

• Players
  • 28951 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

I once shot a team mate with a pew pew gun one time. He caught fire. One hour ban :(

Not complaining just an FYI. 

Typically it is 3 shots of damage. Not sure about low tier autocannons. Also if you damage someone in your spawn in the first few minutes of the game it is more harsh in the punishment. 

iAmEbola #15 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 17:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 11600 battles

If you don't mind reading and comprehending, there is this as well:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10240/

OP, you are incorrect.

V_A_C_A #16 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 18:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22743 battles
1st rule of WoT: don't shoot greens.
2nd rule of WoT: learn how to teamwork.

Jet_City_Woman #17 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 15:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 93 battles
  • [MAST] MAST
c

24cups #18 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 23057 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
It has nothing to do with team kills, it's damage shots. I shot a guy 3 times on the test server and got a 1 hour ban (he deserved it :rolleyes:).

the_Deadly_Bulb #19 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 22217 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSystemrename190, on Aug 10 2018 - 14:52, said:

It is common knowledge that team killers are punished automatically. However, the Automated TK/TD system does not take into account any battles that do not contain TOTAL DESTRUCTION of allied vehicles. These players are NOT automatically banned from the game for team damage, only for team kills. If somebody damages a team mate intentionally, but does not KILL any allies, nothing will happen to them unless a bystander or victim sends a ticket including a replay to customer support

Let it go.

TKs are like stepping in dog excrement. Its unpleasant but its not like you have to walk around in it.

Find a curb, scrape it off, keep walking. :honoring:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Aug 25 2018 - 19:51.

mcraig66 #20 Posted Sep 14 2018 - 03:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 11879 battles
  • [ICED] ICED

So yeah the automatic rules are still quite unclear.  I just finished a battle where a green tank kept driving in front of me and I accidentally shot him twice.  he then pulled back a third time and shot me.  I got pissed and shot him a third time.  Only turned blue after the third shot.  after which he of course killed me. ;)  Sais la vie! 

I remained blue in the garage and blue to my own view in the next battle.

Also tagged with Rules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users