• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Asassian7 #21 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 25357 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 13 2018 - 07:54, said:

If you look a little closer, there are 360 League 1 spots. It is Chevron based after you get to Rank 15. I thought the same thing until logging on yesterday just to see me in league ll. I got into rank 16 and at the end of it I was in League l again at 302nd place.

What? There were 450 when I checked yesterday

UvBeenTrumped #22 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 17:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 62518 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostAsassian7, on Aug 12 2018 - 16:20, said:

What? There were 450 when I checked yesterday

It is looking like there is an average. When I posted that it went to League ll at 360. I am 452 and still in League l today. League ll starts at 478 as of today. The point being that rank 15 is not an automatic League l!

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Aug 13 2018 - 17:31.

_Gungrave_ #23 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 43752 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostRC_1140, on Aug 12 2018 - 23:46, said:

Sure, but if more people played a few battles for the rewards for getting rank 1-5 that would increase the pool by a lot. I think there are a lot of people that haven't played 1 ranked battle. If 10,000 people played ranked league 1 would have 1,000 people. And since you can play 1 battle a day and probably make it to rank 5 you'd get 400 bonds for doing almost nothing. 

I haven't played any because the rewards just aren't worth it.

TAR_b #24 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 19:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31326 battles

I actually really enjoyed Ranked -- I keep seeing folks say there is camping and such, but I didn't see any of that past rank 6 or so -

I really enjoyed the ranked battles meta (somewhere between the hectic pushes of clan wars and the solo decision-making required in pubby games) and felt like I learned a LOT about playing my tier X tanks, got a lot better at my patton, 907, super conq, etc, mainly because the competition (nearly all blue and purple past rank 8) was so good it forced you to step up your game, and also watch fantastic players in post mortem view --- great way to get really useful play experience for tier x -

"The key to ranking up is understanding how to maximize your personal battle XP performance, along with team coordination and cooperation. At the highest rank experience, team members are coordinating routes for all team pushes and defenses, this is possible because skilled players do listen, play attention to the chat, and have good map awareness. Very rarely you see high skill players making the mistake of pushing an unprotected flank alone, etc. Mistakes are punished instantly and that's why you see many landslide victories where the losing team gets crushed due to some people making early mistakes and weakening the entire team."

It was actually really obvious at the higher ranks who the worst players on your team were, as they would frantically ping the map wherever your team was not going, as if this was a pubby match and you had to equally go each flank... they would also complain about medium tanks going to "heavy spots" and vice versa, as if this was a tier 6 pubby match or something (even then, pretty silly to have rules about where tanks MUST go, it so often depends on the comps and how the teams roll out) ....

they would often be the first to die going alone to those flanks as well --- with the fast heavy and medium tanks as was the meta, it was easy to win a flank, then return to protect cap if needed --- the key, like in clan wars, was to push a flank hard, and that is what I witnessed in most of the upper rank Ranked matches.... great games, and I learned a LOT -

so, besides the 4k or so in bonds, just the experience of playing against top players and getting better at tier x WAS worth it to me ----

JunkaTheAdmirable #25 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 19:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20179 battles
  • [IRIS] IRIS
When do we get our rewards?

__Happy #26 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 19:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11672 battles

View PostTAR_b, on Aug 13 2018 - 19:26, said:

I actually really enjoyed Ranked -- I keep seeing folks say there is camping and such, but I didn't see any of that past rank 6 or so -

I really enjoyed the ranked battles meta (somewhere between the hectic pushes of clan wars and the solo decision-making required in pubby games) and felt like I learned a LOT about playing my tier X tanks, got a lot better at my patton, 907, super conq, etc, mainly because the competition (nearly all blue and purple past rank 8) was so good it forced you to step up your game, and also watch fantastic players in post mortem view --- great way to get really useful play experience for tier x -

"The key to ranking up is understanding how to maximize your personal battle XP performance, along with team coordination and cooperation. At the highest rank experience, team members are coordinating routes for all team pushes and defenses, this is possible because skilled players do listen, play attention to the chat, and have good map awareness. Very rarely you see high skill players making the mistake of pushing an unprotected flank alone, etc. Mistakes are punished instantly and that's why you see many landslide victories where the losing team gets crushed due to some people making early mistakes and weakening the entire team."

It was actually really obvious at the higher ranks who the worst players on your team were, as they would frantically ping the map wherever your team was not going, as if this was a pubby match and you had to equally go each flank... they would also complain about medium tanks going to "heavy spots" and vice versa, as if this was a tier 6 pubby match or something (even then, pretty silly to have rules about where tanks MUST go, it so often depends on the comps and how the teams roll out) ....

they would often be the first to die going alone to those flanks as well --- with the fast heavy and medium tanks as was the meta, it was easy to win a flank, then return to protect cap if needed --- the key, like in clan wars, was to push a flank hard, and that is what I witnessed in most of the upper rank Ranked matches.... great games, and I learned a LOT -

so, besides the 4k or so in bonds, just the experience of playing against top players and getting better at tier x WAS worth it to me ----

Top players? hang on while I chuckle a little....

WhineMaker #27 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 36962 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 11 2018 - 23:00, said:

If I could stop getting paired with a top clan that keeps TK'ing our arty at the beginning of every match, I'd feel better about it.  Not sure why those guys seem to do that every match.

Simple reason: :child:

View PostRoIito, on Aug 12 2018 - 12:49, said:

Because artillery shouldn't be allowed to play on ranked, doesn't justify teamkilling but still.

Can you show us on the doll where the big, bad arty touched you?

Please let us know when you release your game, with the mechanics you require... :B

Until then, it's up to WG on how people play their game... :great:

While we're waiting for your game to be released, here's the worlds smallest violin playing just for you... :harp:

TAR_b #28 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31326 battles

View Post60_percnt_wrks_everytime, on Aug 13 2018 - 13:58, said:

Top players? hang on while I chuckle a little....

you didn't see the top ranks in Ranked filled with 90% blue and purple players? 

what did you end up placing in ranked? i would love to see your ranked stats, since you are so critical of ranked battles. 

oh, wait, don't answer that, wargaming provides the info... you have played FIVE games in ranked, then realized you suck and quit, and now harbor a grudge.... got it

JunkaTheAdmirable #29 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20179 battles
  • [IRIS] IRIS

View PostTAR_b, on Aug 13 2018 - 20:06, said:

what did you end up placing in ranked? i would love to see your ranked stats, since you are so critical of ranked battles. 

oh, wait, don't answer that, wargaming provides the info... you have played FIVE games in ranked, then realized you suck and quit, and now harbor a grudge.... got it

OOF

Yeah most of the people Ive heard complaining about Ranked are just bad at it xd. Bit harder than padding in tier 4 I guess.

_Juris #30 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 20:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18979 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I have very little sympathy for someone I saw spamming battles, on both LATAM and NA, in a Type 5 literally every single time.

JunkaTheAdmirable #31 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 21:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20179 battles
  • [IRIS] IRIS
Type 5 memes and big league dreams!

__Happy #32 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 21:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11672 battles

View PostTAR_b, on Aug 13 2018 - 20:06, said:

Tar_b, you are really going to have to explain why you would chose to make this post and bring stats into it. For real, your ranked efficiency percentage is 26.6%, I don't even know how that's possible. For real man, think about things before you do them.

View PostJunka_the_Admirable, on Aug 13 2018 - 20:36, said:

OOF

Yeah most of the people Ive heard complaining about Ranked are just bad at it xd. Bit harder than padding in tier 4 I guess.

Junka, at 34.22% you aren't much better and still on the wrong side of a bot.

Guys, thanks for the memes!

JunkaTheAdmirable #33 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 22:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20179 battles
  • [IRIS] IRIS
Some of those losses were from season 1 when I thought playing a 121 with binocs was a good idea xd.

Asassian7 #34 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 23:42

Major

• Players
  • 25357 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 14 2018 - 04:30, said:

It is looking like there is an average. When I posted that it went to League ll at 360. I am 452 and still in League l today. League ll starts at 478 as of today. The point being that rank 15 is not an automatic League l!

Yeah. I missed out on league 1 by 10 spots because apparently rank 15 witu 50% chev rating wasnt enough. 

UvBeenTrumped #35 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 00:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 62518 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostAsassian7, on Aug 13 2018 - 15:42, said:

Yeah. I missed out on league 1 by 10 spots because apparently rank 15 witu 50% chev rating wasnt enough. 

I guess I got lucky. I had crap chevron % but had so many games and 4 different tanks with 3 chevrons in the 16th rank I made it to 423. I am surprised as most to see me in the top 10%. lol. I am far from being a great player but know I am above average. 

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Aug 14 2018 - 00:30.

TAR_b #36 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 00:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31326 battles

View Post60_percnt_wrks_everytime, on Aug 13 2018 - 15:51, said:

Tar_b, you are really going to have to explain why you would chose to make this post and bring stats into it. For real, your ranked efficiency percentage is 26.6%, I don't even know how that's possible. For real man, think about things before you do them.

Bro, not cool to lie --- I am https://worldoftanks...w_p=1&w_l=first

Admittedly, pretty lame chevron rate, but sure is better than YOUR 0% --- and getting to Rank 12 means I at least know what I am talking about when it comes to Ranked Battles. I mentioned earlier that I am no expert at it, but at least played a lot of games and understand the mode - your attempt to discredit me based on my middling performance is pathetic, considering you didn't do ANYTHING

We call you out because you haven't even played Ranked but think you can give us some type of informed opinion, then you just chose to try to ridicule our stats instead of addressing the thread topic.  Typical bull[edited]ter.

I am so tired of [edited]ters like you trolling on topics you know nothing about.

It is like half the posters in here who are giving advice about Tier X tanks are by folks, when you check their stats, who don't even own any Tier X tanks.  :facepalm:

Monarchco #37 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13099 battles

View PostP0NYTANK, on Aug 11 2018 - 22:14, said:

After working for two weeks and having the last week to get something in Ranked... I arrived happily after spending a hell (playing with Hotel Internet, excessive lag, and teams that only die without putting their hands) to R15 to discover to get there, you still on League II... that really hurts WG u.u

At least you should consider those of us who work and we did not have time to be ranked from the beginning, that R15 ensures the league I, that would be a good thing, maybe u.u

No. Anyone who finished 51.85% efficiency or higher for rank 15 was league I.

Why should R15 be a free pass to league I? There's no reason you should get a free pass because you hit some magical number.

Monarchco #38 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13099 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Aug 13 2018 - 09:45, said:

I haven't played any because the rewards just aren't worth it.

I think the camo is kewl :medal:

_Gungrave_ #39 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:01

Major

• Players
  • 43752 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostJunka_the_Admirable, on Aug 13 2018 - 22:45, said:

Some of those losses were from season 1 when I thought playing a 121 with binocs was a good idea xd.

Well playing the 121 in any situation is never a good idea. :teethhappy:

Bae_Suzy #40 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 05:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9504 battles

Edited by KeepYourselfSafe_xD, Dec 06 2018 - 10:41.

Also tagged with ranked, season 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users