Free Xp Boost Not Working

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Killaw4ttz #1 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 08:52

Private

• Players
  • 6866 battles
I used the "free xp" boost, which I assumed only works on elite tanks and.....it gave me no boost.  Am I misunderstanding how that particular boost works?  All others seem to work fine, such as regular xp boost, which seems to work on both elite and non elite vehicles.

FrozenKemp #2 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 10:43

Major

• Players
  • 46543 battles

It has nothing to do with elite vehicles. 5% of your xp is ordinarily and automatically given to you as free xp at the end of each battle. That is what the booster increases.  This is not xp which you must then pay gold to convert to free xp.

dunniteowl #3 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 15:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 20911 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Aug 12 2018 - 03:43, said:

It has nothing to do with elite vehicles. 5% of your xp is ordinarily and automatically given to you as free xp at the end of each battle. That is what the booster increases.  This is not xp which you must then pay gold to convert to free xp.

Hey, I want to make sure I understand this part correctly.  Are you saying that the Free XP Booster (Personal Reserve) converts or adds to Free XP that DOES NOT REQUIRE GOLD CONVERSION?  Is that what you are saying and is that accurate?  If so, I may change my mind about using them.  

My understanding was that all Free XP generated in that Free XP column (the STAR with the number by your credits and gold) required a conversion of GOLD to make it usable.  Is this a misunderstanding on my part?  God, I hope so.

OvO

Scorpiany #4 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 15:12

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 32618 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 12 2018 - 06:10, said:

Hey, I want to make sure I understand this part correctly.  Are you saying that the Free XP Booster (Personal Reserve) converts or adds to Free XP that DOES NOT REQUIRE GOLD CONVERSION?  Is that what you are saying and is that accurate?  If so, I may change my mind about using them.  

My understanding was that all Free XP generated in that Free XP column (the STAR with the number by your credits and gold) required a conversion of GOLD to make it usable.  Is this a misunderstanding on my part?  God, I hope so.

OvO

The Free XP star by your credits and gold represents Free XP that you already have and own. It's regular vehicle XP on elited tanks that could need to be converted. Anything already in the Free XP column, is usable without any conversion.

dunniteowl #5 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 15:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 20911 battles

Thanks!!  I'm not sure too much, because the first time I converted some XP, I probably did it accidentally early on (not realizing it was subtracting gold for the conversion) until I had no gold all of a sudden. (probably in my first 120 games or so)

As a FTPP, gold is precious to me and I can grind like nobody's business, so... I just thought it all cost for conversion and never looked back.  It was also devilishly hard to find anything definitive on the subject.  So, thanks again!

OvO

FrozenKemp #6 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 46543 battles

Yeah, here's what the wiki says:

Block Quote

Free experience can be used in the research of any vehicle instead of just the vehicle it was earned with. It can also be used to increase training level of skills and perks for crewmembers.

You always gain 5% of the amount of experience earned in a battle as free experience. This is a bonus and is not subtracted from the vehicle's experience.

Additionally, you can use gold to convert vehicle specific experience to free experience. The vehicle must be elite, i.e. fully researched.

So... let's say you play for a bit and earn 10k experience.  That will add 500 to your pool of free XP.  If you were running with a +200% free xp booster, the booster would give you another 1000 free XP. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Aug 12 2018 - 18:03.

rich73 #7 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 18:20

Major

• Players
  • 49525 battles

View PostKillaw4ttz, on Aug 11 2018 - 23:52, said:

I used the "free xp" boost, which I assumed only works on elite tanks and.....it gave me no boost.  Am I misunderstanding how that particular boost works?  All others seem to work fine, such as regular xp boost, which seems to work on both elite and non elite vehicles.

Ya..your wrong.And it is working and your wrong again.

FrozenKemp #8 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 46543 battles

View Postrich73, on Aug 12 2018 - 12:20, said:

Ya..your wrong.And it is working and your wrong again.

Dude... that's really not helpful. 

Badabingg #9 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 01:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6690 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

It is amazing that folks with this number of games gets this confused

It is ridiculous that the formulas  for calculating and using  XP ARE that convoluted, and so few get the mechanics.

WG should give a quiz and reward "getting it" with something other than the  abuse for incorrect answers they currently do.

It REALLY is messed up unnecessarily

They spend more time animating balloons  for the garage than in clear teaching/explaining mechanics

and then wonder why folks are torqued at them.

? May be a Mission that consists of  calculating and using XP ?

It was done for purchasing equipment and consumables when I started.

Edited by Badabingg, Aug 15 2018 - 01:46.

Ericmopar #10 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 15:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 947 battles
All I know, is people that refuse to use boosters, especially while grinding  new crews, are silly.

Buttknuckle #11 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 17:13

Major

• Players
  • 45450 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
A lot of the confusion here stems from the communities misuse of the term "Free XP." People overwhelmingly tend to refer to the XP that accumulates on a tank after it is elite as Free XP. It is not. It is XP that can be converted to Free XP via gold. It would be better if we consistently referred to this as "Convertible XP."

Badabingg #12 Posted Yesterday, 04:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6690 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

Again.  wouldn't it be a prank to see a a WGNA "College Bowl " on rules.

It would give the animators something to keep themselves busy, too

maybe give you a decal or tree ornament for knowing how the f the game works

But that would imply it works and they care about it working

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users