T-50 or T-34?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: T-50 or T-34 (9 members have cast votes)

T-50 or T-34

1. T-50 (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. T-34 (7 votes [77.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

KaserWolf #1 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 16:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 762 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

I am currently at A-20 fully upgraded. When I play lights I normally charge straight out, spot enemies, and be that annoying guy to deal small damages when guns aren't pointing at me. Which one is better in your opinion and why? Or which one suits my playstyle better?

Also, do you guys prefer LTTB or T-44 and why? I'm grinding towards T-62A.

Thanks!

P.S. I have little battle count despite I joined last year it's because I uninstalled it. Just came back recently.

Edited by KaserWolf, Aug 12 2018 - 16:18.

NL_Celt #2 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 27188 battles

T-34 is arguably the best their 5 medium. Mount the 57mm, develop a good crew, use the right equipment and she is always fun. Being an all rounder you can use her as a scout, when low tiered and as required. The camo rating is decent, mobility good. But then she can serve as a great flanker and sniper with her fast and accurate gun. A keeper. for me I use vents-egld-optics. Good to get that view range a bit better, and although a rammer is almost always recommmended for any tank she fires so fast without it that you will hardly notice. But if you get to a flank and are able to just unload on an unaware or distracted tank then the better aim time will serve well. With the egld you will now aim faster than reload by a little.

Mind you I have never played the T-50 so my comments are only about the positives for the T-34.

Never went through the LTTB either, but the T-44 when fully upgraded and well crewed is a very good and fun tank to play. That was before some recent upgrades as well, so she is now better than ever, although the opposition is tougher now, too. That is why they buffed her a few times.

_Katyusha___ #3 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 16:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13495 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Both are great tanks. Go for both and keep them.

About LTTB, no grinding fantasy tanks (also mt-25 is ugly) but T-44 models are all great (i have T-54mod1 and started grinding the regular line)

BabA_YA6A #4 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 16:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26233 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-

View PostKaserWolf, on Aug 12 2018 - 23:16, said:

I am currently at A-20 fully upgraded. When I play lights I normally charge straight out, spot enemies, and be that annoying guy to deal small damages when guns aren't pointing at me. Which one is better in your opinion and why? Or which one suits my playstyle better?

Also, do you guys prefer LTTB or T-44 and why? I'm grinding towards T-62A.

Thanks!

P.S. I have little battle count despite I joined last year it's because I uninstalled it. Just came back recently.

Depending on your playstyle.

Ironclad73 #5 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 16:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 20009 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
I have both, still play the T-34, not the T-50, but then I prefer mediums over lights.  As mentioned above the T-34 is probably the best T5 medium so you don't want to miss out on it. Don't use the top gun though, the 57mm makes the tank, with the top gun it is just not as much fun. 

Ken_McGuire #6 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 17:28

Captain

• Players
  • 28566 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

First of all, I do have to admit that I have not played the current T-50. The T-50 I played was tier 4, but had the old "Scout MM" seeing up to tier 7. In my opinion, that T-50 had neither the mobility nor the view range to do the job, but the current T-50 is a different bird. I have seen people play it well - although I prefer my Chaffee as a tier 5 LT. Admittedly, this may be because I have a 2 1/2 skill crew in it....

I will say that the Soviet T-34, T-34-85, T-44, T-54, Obj 140, Obj 430, and Obj 430u are all very good tanks. The T-43 is a meh tank, but not bad at all. The T-62a that you say is your goal is not particularly strong now. I also would say that the LTTB, T-54 LT, and T-100 are all very good as well.

But if your end goal is a MT, it would probably be best to do the MT line to get there. I admit that I don't really know much about your play. But looking you up, I am concerned at your statistics in the Type 64 - which is almost certainly the strongest tier 6 LT in the game. 91 battles does tell a bit about how you play, in general your statistics in it show that there is a lot to that tank can do for experienced players that it doesn't do for you. This additionally suggests that you are not yet ready to advance that far in a LT line.

You say that you like to charge out, spot enemies, and be the annoying person putting shots into distracted enemies. This is, indeed an important part of LT play. But I looked at your initial spots in the Type 64, M5A1, and Luchs, and all were around 1 1/2 spots per game. There are worse. But my Chaffee has 2 1/2. My Luchs has 2. My 13 90 has 2 1/4. While it does not look like you are just hiding in the back and farming, it is a something you can work on - to help your team more. Where are the key places on the map? What ridges can you exploit "surfing" to give valuable information to your team? Are there magic bushes?

And just because I say this does not mean that you will never be a good LT player. It just is that it doesn't appear that you are yet. There are guides out there. And you can learn more in the tanks you already own.

But for now I would strongly recommend going with the more forgiving Soviet MT line with the T-34.

PunCzarBlintz #7 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 17:41

Major

• Players
  • 73888 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
T-34 is a keeper.  Vents, Rammer and Coated Optics.... 

Anlushac11 #8 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 18:38

Major

• Players
  • 35483 battles

IMHO the question here is do you intend to go up Soviet medium line or light line?

T-50 can be a lot of fun and it can bounce more than you expect it to.

T-34 is a good well balanced medium. If you want to play ot more like a light as said above go with 57mm. I waver back and forth from 57mm to the long 76mm. IMHO both are good guns but its hard to beat the 57mm for rate of fire and accuracy.

KaserWolf #9 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 20:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 762 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

View PostKen_McGuire, on Aug 12 2018 - 11:28, said:

First of all, I do have to admit that I have not played the current T-50. The T-50 I played was tier 4, but had the old "Scout MM" seeing up to tier 7. In my opinion, that T-50 had neither the mobility nor the view range to do the job, but the current T-50 is a different bird. I have seen people play it well - although I prefer my Chaffee as a tier 5 LT. Admittedly, this may be because I have a 2 1/2 skill crew in it....

I will say that the Soviet T-34, T-34-85, T-44, T-54, Obj 140, Obj 430, and Obj 430u are all very good tanks. The T-43 is a meh tank, but not bad at all. The T-62a that you say is your goal is not particularly strong now. I also would say that the LTTB, T-54 LT, and T-100 are all very good as well.

But if your end goal is a MT, it would probably be best to do the MT line to get there. I admit that I don't really know much about your play. But looking you up, I am concerned at your statistics in the Type 64 - which is almost certainly the strongest tier 6 LT in the game. 91 battles does tell a bit about how you play, in general your statistics in it show that there is a lot to that tank can do for experienced players that it doesn't do for you. This additionally suggests that you are not yet ready to advance that far in a LT line.

You say that you like to charge out, spot enemies, and be the annoying person putting shots into distracted enemies. This is, indeed an important part of LT play. But I looked at your initial spots in the Type 64, M5A1, and Luchs, and all were around 1 1/2 spots per game. There are worse. But my Chaffee has 2 1/2. My Luchs has 2. My 13 90 has 2 1/4. While it does not look like you are just hiding in the back and farming, it is a something you can work on - to help your team more. Where are the key places on the map? What ridges can you exploit "surfing" to give valuable information to your team? Are there magic bushes?

And just because I say this does not mean that you will never be a good LT player. It just is that it doesn't appear that you are yet. There are guides out there. And you can learn more in the tanks you already own.

But for now I would strongly recommend going with the more forgiving Soviet MT line with the T-34.

I have to admit I'm very rusty. I'm still struggling in Type 64 but at least I'm getting better to not get myself killed in the beginning. I'm 2k xp to Leopard but I intend to grind my Luchs crew to another 100% before moving on. M5A1(5k to Type T-34)......it's fast, a little bit slow in turning, but I can't pen many tanks even from the side. I've actually thought about Chaffee, but T57 was never my thing and I want to save a slot for WZ-132-1.

Do people load APCR's when driving in lights? I just thought lights aren't supposed to pen most tanks frontally anyways so why bother. I want to get T62-A coming down from LTTB, cuz I've played up to T-43 before and did not like how the gun stays the same. Loved the T-34-85 tho, D-5B-85BM is a beast at tier VI.

So my current lineup in my garage is as follow:

M3 Lee(Just bought, all stock), T56 GMC(1k to T40), M37(1k to top gun),Pz. 38 nA(Fully upgraded), Luchs(Fully upgraded),A-20(Fully upgraded),T-46(Still grinding),AT-1(Just bought),SU-26(Fully upgraded),M5A1 Stuart(Fully upgraded),Ikv 72(1k to top gun), LT vz. 38(Stock) and TKS 20. I've unlocked Type 95, Ke-Ho, SAu 40, AMX 38

Do you mind platooning? I need a mentor. I'm planning on to get T110E5,T110E3,T92HMC,Maus,Leopard 1, T-62A, IS-7, Obj. 277,Obj. 268-4,Obj.261, 113, WZ-132-1, Strv 103B, STB-1 and the Bat Chat, I dunno but I might want to get Foch B. Oh i forget, and the Type 5.

Edited by KaserWolf, Aug 12 2018 - 20:05.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users