• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Double_O7 #1 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 18:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4663 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

Good morning ya'll. 

I recently purchased a new laptop (lenovo yoga 730-15 ). As usual I installed all the necessary programs I need and WOT.

The game itself works fine. I get about 90 fps, there is sound, effects, and all that jazz, but I keep getting incredibly annoying ping spikes that go from 20ms to 999ms. One moment I'l be rounding a corner in my T7 combat car, and the next thing I notice I'm stuck on a wall, turned, trying to climb a rock, or dead. (Most of players that see my resulted driving probably think my crew is drunk or something, and that I'm a total noob). The spikes are very frequent in battle, so the game is pretty much unplayable because of this. 

I have tried updating my routers, changing power settings, and turning off bluetooth-Nothing  changed. The only thing that I haven't done that I can think of resetting my wifi network. I'm not really sure if I want to submit a ticket because last time I did that, WG customer service was very unhelpful with their vague copy paste response.

Any ideas on what to do?? Has anyone else experienced this recently?? 

Here are my specs in case it helps.

Windows 10 operating system

i5-8th generation processor

8 GB RAM

Intel UHD graphics 620

90 GBs are free to use on my hard drive

Wireless mouse

Thanks

Edited by Double_O7, Aug 12 2018 - 18:10.

DefendYourBase #2 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 18:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29404 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
Windows 10 is usually on all new laptops. Be sure to check if its not updating in background. I had huge problems with my windows 10 installation downloading random crap in the background while playing. Hit CTRL + Alt + Delete and go into task manager and sort by network usage and check to see if any windows program is downloading.

DefendYourBase #3 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 18:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29404 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

It helps to turn your network into a "Metered" Internet connection to avoid having Windows 10 download crap in the background. Right click on your network and go into "Open network & Internet Settings"

Then change connection settings

Then set it as a metered connection.

That should stop a lot of downloading in background.

Edited by DefendYourBase, Aug 12 2018 - 18:25.

DrWho_ #4 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 18:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13131 battles

Since you're using a laptop I assume you are connecting to your router using WiFi. If there are other networks close to you, say if you live in an apartment complex, then those networks may interfere with your network if they're on the same channel, or it could even be that you have a weak signal *just* in the position you are due to something else interfering with the signal

If possible bring your laptop closer to the router and use a cable to connect to it instead of WiFi, that will tell you if your problem is on your end our somewhere between your place and the WoT server

Hurk #5 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 51137 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
99% of the time when people make complaints about this, its due to drivers, either video or network, and when the CPU is busy for the game, the network card starves and causes this high ping. 

Double_O7 #6 Posted Aug 12 2018 - 20:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4663 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

Thank you all for your help.

View PostDefendYourBase, on Aug 12 2018 - 11:25, said:

It helps to turn your network into a "Metered" Internet connection to avoid having Windows 10 download crap in the background. Right click on your network and go into "Open network & Internet Settings"

Then change connection settings

Then set it as a metered connection.

That should stop a lot of downloading in background.

I did what you said and that helped a little, but I am still seeing a lot of spikes that are causing game problems. I checked my task manager and during the battle, the network section looks like yours. It ranged around 1% the whole time. I'm going directly connect my pc to an ethernet cable and see what that does.

Also tagged with lag, ping, connection, packet loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users