Jump to content


probably my best scout game ever, lots of butt clenching involved


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: would you have fired be honest... (7 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you have panicked and took the shot?

  1. YES (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 42.86%

  2. NO (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Hide poll

Kyddthunder #1 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 05:34

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17532 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

would you guys have fired? be honest...one of the most dangerous but payoff scouting spots in the game...first hurdle getting there *check* remember scouting discipline *check* x 2 lol rely on team to to reap rewards *FAIL* :( all in all it was a fun game alt tabbed 

 

http://wotreplays.eu...under-amx_13_75



venom286 #2 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 05:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 35989 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012
how the f did you not get spotted by the a44 lol your but was sticking out of the bush :)  and if you are top tier with that tank spot but get the gun in the game 

Edited by venom286, Aug 13 2018 - 05:56.


BaconMeLoveIt #3 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 06:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 13765 battles
  • 1,902
  • [-STN-] -STN-
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016

It's tempting to fire but no.

 

View Postvenom286, on Aug 12 2018 - 20:52, said:

how the f did you not get spotted by the a44 lol your but was sticking out of the bush :)  and if you are top tier with that tank spot but get the gun in the game 

 

  • The right side and rear "detection" point  of the tank was kind of hidden behind a bunch of leaves even though the suspension is visible.
  • The AMX 13 75 Equipment setup, crew skills, and paint camouflage 
  • It is a French tank. 
  • Most tanks using that spot are French and Soviet light tanks.

 

 



Kyddthunder #4 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 07:11

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17532 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View Postvenom286, on Aug 12 2018 - 20:52, said:

how the f did you not get spotted by the a44 lol your but was sticking out of the bush :)  and if you are top tier with that tank spot but get the gun in the game 

 

IKR!! i moved back into the bush when i realized wthmy bum sticking out...and what do you mean "get the gun" high caliber? i was committed to stay in that bush..and hopefully teammates could help me clear a little path...i couldnt move no matter what.

Kyddthunder #5 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 07:15

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17532 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Aug 12 2018 - 21:17, said:

It's tempting to fire but no.

 

 

  • The right side and rear "detection" point  of the tank was kind of hidden behind a bunch of leaves even though the suspension is visible.
  • The AMX 13 75 Equipment setup, crew skills, and paint camouflage 
  • It is a French tank. 
  • Most tanks using that spot are French and Soviet light tanks.

 

 

 

I didnt know that bush was primarily for French and Soviets...anytime i am scout on that side of the map i go for it...those who dare win right? well not always the case...but i do agree with you, because my t54 has been successful there as well...i dont recall if my bulldog or t49 ever got there...

Kyddthunder #6 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 07:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17532 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Aug 12 2018 - 21:17, said:

It's tempting to fire but no.

 

 

  • The right side and rear "detection" point  of the tank was kind of hidden behind a bunch of leaves even though the suspension is visible.
  • The AMX 13 75 Equipment setup, crew skills, and paint camouflage 
  • It is a French tank. 
  • Most tanks using that spot are French and Soviet light tanks.

 

 

 

nice signature/gif  btw...Cat[edited] 1?

Major_Mayhem_69 #7 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 08:18

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24389 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

Good game.

I've used that spot before in my LTTB and spotted for over 5k damage. The trick is to get there quickly and unspotted and make sure you're over 50m from the path used along the water edge. I sat there for about 5 min. and just raked it in.



Prussian12 #8 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 14:37

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 6538 battles
  • 556
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012

I assume you went to that bush on the opposite side because I can't watch the replay since I'm on mobile.

 

But I probably would had fired... I'm just basing it off my experiences.

 

And I love that bush, I once racked up a 9.6k spotting game on malinovka.


Edited by Prussian12, Aug 13 2018 - 14:44.


Kyddthunder #9 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 20:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17532 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostPrussian12, on Aug 13 2018 - 05:37, said:

I assume you went to that bush on the opposite side because I can't watch the replay since I'm on mobile.

 

But I probably would had fired... I'm just basing it off my experiences.

 

And I love that bush, I once racked up a 9.6k spotting game on malinovka.

 

not sure which bush you mean by “opposite side” but if it’s the one in midfield yes...but this video was more to show, would you have shot under these circumstances, if you watch the video you will understand...there was not one but two moments your patience is put to the test..

BaconMeLoveIt #10 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 21:59

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 13765 battles
  • 1,902
  • [-STN-] -STN-
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016

View PostKyddthunder, on Aug 12 2018 - 22:15, said:

 

I didnt know that bush was primarily for French and Soviets...anytime i am scout on that side of the map i go for it...those who dare win right? well not always the case...but i do agree with you, because my t54 has been successful there as well...i dont recall if my bulldog or t49 ever got there...

 

I have tried a German and Chinese light tank. But oh boy! That was a big mistake. That was a quick trip to the garage. :D

 

View PostKyddthunder, on Aug 12 2018 - 22:16, said:

 

nice signature/gif  btw...Cat[edited] 1?

 

Yes! Sadly, there is no second episode for series. :(


Edited by BaconMeLoveIt, Aug 13 2018 - 22:00.


Major_Mayhem_69 #11 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 23:28

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24389 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostKyddthunder, on Aug 13 2018 - 11:38, said:

 

not sure which bush you mean by “opposite side” but if it’s the one in midfield yes...but this video was more to show, would you have shot under these circumstances, if you watch the video you will understand...there was not one but two moments your patience is put to the test..

 

What I do when I'm passive and enemy is nearing me is zoom in on him and look at his gun. If it is zeroing in on me, I unload on him and move as fast as I can. If he's not aiming at me, I will wait, and check his distance to me for prox. spotting, as I hate to give up a great spotting place. It also depends on how late in the battle it is, and how many other enemy are near. If there are only a few or less tanks around, I will fire, auto-aim on him and try to circle him and kill him.

It's always a judgement call, as to when to give up that spot, but if it looks like they're going to unload on you, don't wait until your 6th sense goes off(it will be way too late), hit 'em and move.

I've been in that bush on 1 line in Proko, and it gets very hairy when they're passing you, because as soon as you're lit, all hell-fire and damnation will be coming your way, and your out in a spot without any hard cover. But when a few are dead, and a couple have passed you, you can tear into their flanks or rears and really confuse them.


Edited by Major_Mayhem_69, Aug 13 2018 - 23:33.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users