Isn't Camo Weird?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zaikadi #1 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 07:44

Captain

• Players
  • 25364 battles
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY

I love the camo on the tanks, and I don't apply it for the camo bonus, but for aesthetic reasons. I love customizing it, and I don't care about historical authenticity.

But, OK, get this.

If you have a Tier VI Soviet tank (for example) with the dark green stock color (no camo), you have no camo bonus.

If you paint a Tier VI Chinese tank with same dark green U.S.S.R. base color, you get a camo bonus in all terrain.

If you paint your tank with a yellow turret, purple hull, blue gun, and orange tracks, you get the same camo bonus in all terrain, including among dark green foliage and snow.

If you apply the super-bright orange/red/white Goalkeeper soccer camo, you get the same camo bonus in all terrain, including among dark green foliage.

Camo is weird.

Asassian7 #2 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 09:23

Major

• Players
  • 24903 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
im confused, what are you trying to say?

RedBaronK #3 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 10:05

Major

• Players
  • 40599 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS

View PostAsassian7, on Aug 13 2018 - 08:23, said:

im confused, what are you trying to say?

Think he's trying to say Russian bias doesn't exist, and camo values for Russian tanks needs a buff :trollface:

Panman69 #4 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 10:42

Captain

• Players
  • 34620 battles
Well it seems simple enough. The game spotting mechanics will determine when an enemy tank should be made visible. Now, once visible, while that tank is in some bushes:
1. If the tank has “bush-like” camo, you most likely will have to search for their actual location by running your cursor over their general location before getting their outline to show.
2. If the tank has the orange Goalkeeper camo, you can probably just quickly look in their direction and see where they are making it easier for you to quickly highlight and shoot them.

Rush_91 #5 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 14:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11114 battles
  • [FATED] FATED

View PostZaikadi, on Aug 13 2018 - 07:44, said:

I love the camo on the tanks, and I don't apply it for the camo bonus, but for aesthetic reasons. I love customizing it, and I don't care about historical authenticity.

But, OK, get this.

If you have a Tier VI Soviet tank (for example) with the dark green stock color (no camo), you have no camo bonus.

If you paint a Tier VI Chinese tank with same dark green U.S.S.R. base color, you get a camo bonus in all terrain.

If you paint your tank with a yellow turret, purple hull, blue gun, and orange tracks, you get the same camo bonus in all terrain, including among dark green foliage and snow.

If you apply the super-bright orange/red/white Goalkeeper soccer camo, you get the same camo bonus in all terrain, including among dark green foliage.

Camo is weird.

I haven't ever painted a tank just camo'd  them but I thought just painting a tank didn't give it the camo bonus

MacDaddyMatty #6 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 14:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 26800 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

My understanding is that paint gets no camo bonus.

FrozenKemp #7 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 48105 battles

Yep, paint doesn't give a camo bonus.

Zaikadi #8 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 21:01

Captain

• Players
  • 25364 battles
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY

OK, I'll modify it.

If you have a Soviet tank (for example) with the dark green stock color (no camo), you have no camo bonus among dark green foliage. It has equal visibility in a forest, in desert, and in snow.

If you paint your tank with a yellow turret, purple hull, blue gun, and orange tracks, your tank has the same visibility as a dark green tank in all terrain, including among dark green foliage.

If you apply the super-bright orange/red/white Goalkeeper soccer camo, you get a camo bonus in all terrain, including among dark green foliage. If anything, it would be far easier to see than the stock green.

Camo is still weird.

FrontenacDuVandoo #9 Posted Aug 13 2018 - 21:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8800 battles

The style on the T-34 shielded is basically just a few white markings on an otherwise dark green stock soviet tank. These marking give it 3% extra concealment compared to an unmarked soviet tank.

Camo is weird

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users