• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:02

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3028 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hello Everyone!

Most of you may have noticed by now that the in-game store looks a lot different.  The in-game store was something that hasn't had any love in a very long time and was due for some updating. 

Here's a brief video highlights on the changes:

For all the details, visit the portal article here: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/shop-2-0-is-here/

GLHF!

MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 25081 battles
Apparently they forgot re-purchasing sold tanks. They always forget something.

Mykk #3 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 36317 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I'd like to choose personal reserves. I prefer to filter by each type, and I prefer a list view. Am I missing these settings?

Scorpiany #4 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:22

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34359 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

It's now much harder to activate personal reserves since you have to go through several separate screens, you can't buy ammo / consumables in bulk, and you can't recover vehicles through the Store tab now...

Why did this need to be changed? It's just a gimmick; it looks pretty, sure, but the functionality was left behind! Same problem we had with the personal mission interface, and tank purchasing interface - You don't need large images and bright moving colors - Nobody cares about that, and it certainly won't help you gain or retain any players. We want functionality.

Stop making the User Interfaces more difficult to use. Just because it hasn't been changed in a while, doesn't mean that it needs to be changed! If it's not broken, don't try to change it... Especially if you end up making it even worse!

Edited by Scorpiany, Aug 14 2018 - 01:53.

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:23

Major

• Players
  • 66510 battles

This serenade of love goes out to the old 1.0 shop.

And I'll leave it to Gunny :honoring: to address Private 2.0.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Aug 14 2018 - 01:33.

90210_Hero #6 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 01:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 37409 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Hate it, plain and simple. I tried to buy back my Lorraine 40 t to do some strongholds and found that suddenly, that functionality is gone. So I go to the Comparison menu because I used to be able to also recover them from there, I click "recover" and am greeted with sweet nothing. The button doesn't do anything now. So now all those special tanks I bought and sold as needed are gone forever, or at least until the morons who thought of this idea bring in another micropatch to fix their royal [redacted] up.

Takatsume #7 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 34880 battles

Block Quote

The previous shop allowed you to browse through the list of available vehicles, modules, shells, and other items, providing decent filtering tools and featuring special offers.

We have therefore removed those filters and made browsing through the list of available vehicles, modules, shells, and other items less intuitive.

On a more constructive note, I know there is no chance of the old shop returning, but can we get some functionality restored to the shop and depot?

Store:

1. Store is very slow to load

2. Only equipment and directives have filters and they are much more easily bought by clicking the slot on the tank in the garage.  Consumables should have a filter for nation

3. Tech tree tanks no longer show up in the store.

Depot:

1. Filters are needed.  Nation, type of equipment/module/consumable, compatibility with specific vehicles

2. Option to have list format instead of tile format

3. Sort options price, type, etc.

Insanefriend #8 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40235 battles
Any chance we can get the option to filter personal reserves by time and type?  That was a functionality we had before the update, and is gone now.  Also please find a better name then BEST for the BEST screen, it isn't the BEST to call a screen by one name.  It doesn't read or sound the BEST and drives me nuts.  Something like best specials, or best deals would be so much better.

Edited by Insanefriend, Aug 14 2018 - 02:05.

Black_Paw #9 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33476 battles

I'm not even going to mention all the flaws with this, as most are posted above^

I doubt Wargaming gives 2 flying ducks about our opinions on this update.. It'll stay as is and we'll be forced to 'deal with it' :deer:

Mykk #10 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 36317 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

It was a fine first draft. Not quite ready to be released into Prod yet.

Filters.

List view.

Sorting.

Don't remove functionality.

Silversound #11 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 38784 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Good thing I have little need of the in game shop.

Form over function. Terrible.

I know change can be difficult.

But this is truly horrendous.

WG just confirmed how badly revenues have been down lately.

I can only imagine the meetings that went into this whole project....

Snapchat redesign loses customers.

Hint, hint ;)

lel...

Scorpiany #12 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:42

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34359 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Post90210_Hero, on Aug 13 2018 - 16:46, said:

Hate it, plain and simple. I tried to buy back my Lorraine 40 t to do some strongholds and found that suddenly, that functionality is gone. So I go to the Comparison menu because I used to be able to also recover them from there, I click "recover" and am greeted with sweet nothing. The button doesn't do anything now. So now all those special tanks I bought and sold as needed are gone forever, or at least until the morons who thought of this idea bring in another micropatch to fix their royal [redacted] up.

I just tested the recovery through Comparison menu, and you can still make it work - Just in typical WarGaming fashion, they made it far more needlessly complicated than necessary.

Here's a quick guide on how to do it: Premium Vehicle Recovery with the new UI [Hyperlinked]

Edited by Scorpiany, Aug 14 2018 - 02:43.

heavymetal1967 #13 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 66510 battles
The folks that know about mods can a mod be made to get the old interface back?  TIA.

GamePecks #14 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 03:04

Private

• Players
  • 9886 battles

Just some quick feedback

Pros:

1. I like the way everything is going for a more modern, minimalistic look, both in game with the UI damage log etc. and now with the store and depot. I would certainly be all for other UI components, mainly in the garage, to be updated to have a more coherent interface (at the moment it seems to be a mish mash of various styles)

2. The new icons look quite nice and help me quickly figure out what I'm looking at, without having me have to read every item

3. I like the idea of equipment packs and would love to see it for other items as well, but I certainly hope they don't replace the 50% sales we get once in a while

Cons:

- A lot of the space feels wasted, especially along the sides (maybe room for advanced searches and sorting)

- Hovering over items for quick access to more info feels insanely sluggish (the delay just feels way too long)

- A lot of the old menus that were very convenient (like buying vehicles and seeing what discounts I may have applied to them already, and some other ones) which appear to be missing now

Nacho71AR #15 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 03:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 22504 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! Who tests this stuff?????? It sucks

Gravtech #16 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 03:45

Major

• Players
  • 31923 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

WG Exec: Hey, you know how the WoT in-game store works fine and doesn't need any changes?

WG Employee: ya?

WG Exec: I need you to fix that

docroberts #17 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 03:54

Captain

• Players
  • 19207 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Let me guess you''ll leave out purchasing 30 preem time only unlike this month you've all taken it out in supplement you have to buy a larger package of some sort just to buy 30 days .  Probably increase the cost of things as well or tack on an extra 50% in some hidden fee . Nothing wrong with the shop the way it is other than you cant buy 30 days prrem and its full of tanks that should all come with a 100% crew for as much as they cost . 

Jojoboyks #18 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 04:00

Private

• Players
  • 24636 battles
  • [ANTK] ANTK
seriuously can i just run an older version of tanks, and not update to the new store. I don't have the best of pc's and the store went from useably slow to don't even try... I don't need the big icons at all the lists worked just fine I can read, and don't need pictures to tell me what something is.

ZYKLOP_ #19 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 04:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26086 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Filters. We want filters.

Scaleability.  We want that too.

Alexspeed_US #20 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 04:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 41096 battles
  • [FGC] FGC
The new shop is horrible, i hate it. I can not see a single positive thing about this change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users