• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Alexspeed_US #101 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 17:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 46866 battles
  • [FGC] FGC

View Postahferroin7, on Aug 16 2018 - 12:39, said:

So, looking at this as a software developer myself, I'm kind of curious what actual testing was done beyond making sure everything seemed to work.  Where to begin?

• This mobile app style interface is horrendous for use with a mouse (you should not have to move your pointer a quarter of the way across the screen to move from one item to the next).  Yes, it's probably easier than the old store to use with a touchscreen, but how many people do you think are actually playing the game with a touchscreen?
  • It's slow.  Like, really slow.  Like, half second plus slower than the old store on an i7 with DDR4-2400 RAM and a GTX 1060.  I dread to think what this would be like if I didn't have a reasonably nice computer.
  • It removes useful features.  Filtering is at the top of the list here, but there are others, like having an easy way to repurchase vehicles.
  • Personal reserves are painful to use with this new interface.  The old system made it trivial to start three reserves in sufficiently quick succession that they would run out within seconds of each other.  The new system makes it impossible to do that, with the usual case being that the first one will run out a minute or more before the last one, effectively wasting time on both if you want them stacked.
  • It (arguably) makes the game even less visually consistent than what it was already.

Seriously though, functionality should always come first for something like this.  The store looking nice isn't going to draw in new players, and it's not going to help retain existing players, making sure it works as people need it to will do both better.

Thank you, you said it all much better then i could.

Especially bothering for me is that i am not able to see all the tanks that are in the game listed any more anywhere. You could go in the store and just have a list and filter them, see how many premiums, how many arty or light tanks, and how many you are missing. That is not possible any more, among all the other things they removed, with this abomination of a mobile game interface.

I am glad they put it out only on the NA server yet. I think that means we are the guinea pigs and monkeys fo them. That also means there is a chance they roll it back, i hope.

If they put this out on the other servers also, as it is now, it will be a disaster.

mrmobang #102 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 13:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 40959 battles
  • [BE-ER] BE-ER
Is the new shop bugged out bad enough that you can't buy tanks?  Trying to buy TVP 50/51 and I get stonewalled

StoneTitan #103 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 13:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4111 battles

try to see what other equipment is available and how much it cost for a tank with all 3 slots already filled.

Paladin1954 #104 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 14:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 92020 battles
  • [WWIII] WWIII

View Postmrmobang, on Aug 17 2018 - 07:40, said:

Is the new shop bugged out bad enough that you can't buy tanks?  Trying to buy TVP 50/51 and I get stonewalled

Same here.Just unlocked the T44 Pantera and interface won't let me buy it.Totally screwed up.Devs found more toys to break.

Paladin1954 #105 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 16:45

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 92020 battles
  • [WWIII] WWIII

View Postmrmobang, on Aug 17 2018 - 07:40, said:

Sent in a ticket, had to run a check and send in report along with a garage screenshot.To make a long story short I had to uninstall Aslains mod pack and xvm.Was able to buy the tank then, so it looks like you have to be running vanilla to buy new tanks from the tech tree.

FredSmith #106 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 17:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29873 battles
  • [MUG-F] MUG-F

I like the certian features that were added. But what I don't understand or like that the credit vehicles were removed from the store. Shells can't be directly bought from the store or modules. Tech tree vehicles should be put back in the store. And I like seeing the specials that were available overall in the game. Plus the filters are confusing they need attention.

StoneTitan #107 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 15:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4111 battles
Yes, it is something new, annoying, almost comical, and seems like it was hacked together quickly, but if it just didn't lose any of the functionality and everything was still accessible like the old one then I wouldn't care.  As is, it's a POS.:(

jimbalaya17 #108 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 17:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 17824 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

Yes, it is something new, annoying, almost comical, and seems like it was hacked together quickly, but if it just didn't lose any of the functionality and everything was still accessible like the old one then I wouldn't care.  As is, it's a POS.:(

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agreed.  No real reason to do this.  Interesting that they took away the ability to buy shells and modules.  I also liked the last WOT weekly where Meathead is wanting people to use their boosters.....now that they are selling them and not giving them away like candy!

Edited by jimbalaya17, Aug 19 2018 - 17:08.

Jackal58 #109 Posted Aug 20 2018 - 03:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 102206 battles
  • [COPS] COPS
Once upon a time I used to be able to go to the store/depot tab and do a quick search of all tanks at all tiers that I had researched in the tech tree but did not currently possess in my garage. No longer an option apparently. Utter garbage.

LoCi_0 #110 Posted Aug 20 2018 - 18:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 10791 battles
  • [ECHO1] ECHO1

Personal Reserves . . . So much a pain to use that I am using it even more seldom.
To ACTIVATE a personal Reserve SHOULD NOT be the same page as to PURCHASE. Bad Idea ! ! !

Filters . . . needs filters Type/Duration/etc . . .

Graphics over Text for what they are . . . poorly do, badly done. I just want to leave (not bother to activate and much more importantly not purchase) ! ! !

UI . . . worst . . . Why fill horizontally? Why make each occupy so much; it is near impossible to browse for anything?

Suggestion:

Make shop separate from Depot, but include a link in Depot. Go straight to Shop or go to Shop from Depot.

Include filters, more filters, useful filters, and even ask/survey players.

Personal Reserves for Activation be separate  from Shop, include a link to Shop, and have filters, did I mention filters !

_AlphaAndOmega_ #111 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 14:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15500 battles

I think the new shop is pretty decent. Here are some useful things that I would like to see added:

1. Show the number of items in the depot on the store page too. For example, when I go to buy Large Repair Kits I want to see how many I have. This was very useful in the past when consumables/modules went on sale. I like to stock up things like coated optics and premium consumables, but I want to know how many I have already before I buy more.

2. Ability to activate more than 1 personal reserve at the same time. Basically, give the option to select two or more three personal reserves and fill the boxes, and then a separate activate button.

3. A few filters would be nice. 

4. Make the icons a bit smaller. I have a large high-res screen and these icons are very large. Half the size would be good.

lukecis #112 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 01:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 15742 battles
  • [SH_DS] SH_DS
It's [edited]horrible, change it back or fix it.

moogleslam #113 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 14:03

Major

• Players
  • 47938 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

I am so frustrated with this store interface right now.  Every time I use it, I find yet another way that it's complete inferior to the previous store interface.

Today's issue came to light when I went to buy a bunch of Equipment, since it's on sale.  I like to keep a stockpile for future tanks, usually about 10% of what my usage is, i.e. if I own 40 Coated Optics, I like to have 4 in my depot for back up.  Now from the store, you can't see how many are currently in your depot, nor how many you're currently using.  If you go to the depot, you can only see how many are in the depot, so I can screenshot that, but you can't see how many you're currently using.

Seriously, I'm having to take screenshots, run this game in windowed mode so I can see the screenshot and game at the same time, in order to have only half.... HALF!.... the functionality of the previous store?!?!?!?!

Please please please restore the original store interface immediately.

The_Pushok #114 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 15:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17256 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

So one of the very few things no one ever complained about, the depot/store, and they change it, lol.

The UI sucks, the previous was much better. 

Redcoat #115 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 15:37

Captain

• Players
  • 69272 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS

View Postmoogleslam, on Aug 23 2018 - 14:03, said:

I am so frustrated with this store interface right now.  Every time I use it, I find yet another way that it's complete inferior to the previous store interface.

Today's issue came to light when I went to buy a bunch of Equipment, since it's on sale.  I like to keep a stockpile for future tanks, usually about 10% of what my usage is, i.e. if I own 40 Coated Optics, I like to have 4 in my depot for back up.  Now from the store, you can't see how many are currently in your depot, nor how many you're currently using.  If you go to the depot, you can only see how many are in the depot, so I can screenshot that, but you can't see how many you're currently using.

Seriously, I'm having to take screenshots, run this game in windowed mode so I can see the screenshot and game at the same time, in order to have only half.... HALF!.... the functionality of the previous store?!?!?!?!

Please please please restore the original store interface immediately.

I too was really freaking annoyed with the new interface when I went to stock up on Equipment today... I do the same thing you do Moogleslam, but I generally keep five of any given piece of equipment in my depot... The new interface is beyond useless, and has turned a simple scrolling page that gave me all the information I needed into a PITA multi-click train wreck that has me buying pieces blind because I can't see what's mounted or in my depot already from the store... Who ever decided this was a good user interface probably was a phone app interface developer; and they're wrong... this interface sucks. Period.

Isola_di_Fano #116 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 24679 battles
Mehhh ... let's be positive for a moment: it could be better obviously but it could be so much worse ...

MacDuff48 #117 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 19:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 26342 battles

View Post_AlphaAndOmega_, on Aug 22 2018 - 13:19, said:

Here are some useful things that I would like to see added:

1. Show the number of items in the depot on the store page too. For example, when I go to buy Large Repair Kits I want to see how many I have. This was very useful in the past when consumables/modules went on sale. I like to stock up things like coated optics and premium consumables, but I want to know how many I have already before I buy more.

Buying equipment and consumables is painful now.  You have to write down what you have in depot or write how many more you need to buy.  Typical, they fix that which is not broken and ignore everything that does need fixing.

ISNomads #118 Posted Aug 24 2018 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 40390 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

I was going to write more about the UI being a pain in the ar$e but it looks like it is mostly covered - not being able to see what you have on hand, way more clicks for simple purchases like vents, no filters, using icons that I need to hover over to get a text description just to find the right category, multiple categories having the same content.

It was also really nice that when I went to get equipment, there is a giant banner saying consumables are 50% off... but the description and button go to equipment.

Crichton #119 Posted Aug 29 2018 - 03:43

Private

• Players
  • 18217 battles
So difficult tom navigate compared to the old system. Nice graphics but who cares how the tank looks if i already own it and cant differentiate between what i have and what i dont.

jimbalaya17 #120 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 06:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 17824 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-
STILL waiting for an answer as to why they took the ability to buy shells out of the shop.....*crickets*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users