In-Game Shop: 2.0

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Prosqtor #121 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 06:21

Major

• Players
  • 64706 battles
  • [ONION] ONION
Hey, the new store/depot is not as good as the old one.  Is anyone listening?

sailorboy7982 #122 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 09:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22218 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostProsqtor, on Aug 30 2018 - 20:21, said:

Hey, the new store/depot is not as good as the old one.  Is anyone listening?

NO.

jimbalaya17 #123 Posted Sep 02 2018 - 05:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 17591 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-
It would be nice to see more of an outcry on this one.  As if it would make any difference.  

Jagdneko #124 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 02:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26967 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

I received an in-game survey about the store today. This is what happened when I submitted it. Sasuga Wargaming.

Posted Image

dunniteowl #125 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 15:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I do my best to be a positive force on the forums.  I also design board war-games, role playing games, card games and a few other odds and ends related to gaming.  I also studied Game Theory.  Gaming in one form or another has been my PASSIONATE AVOCATION since I was 17.  I will be 58 this October 11th.  So, a little while now.

I also took Drafting courses, marketing and business courses, graphics arts, stage craft and lighting, photography (I have made it to the top 10% of most viewed on VB with a point and shoot camera) as well as a whole host of other things that I actually DO relate right back to game design.

With all that in mind and with my probably slightly jaded view of marketing concepts, please allow me to speak my mind on both the Missions 2.0 and Shop 2.0 interfaces.

They

Are

AWFUL.

Awful in the sense that, in direct contradiction to a statement of how they 'bring more value' to the game, they are making it harder to navigate the garage area, thus increasing players' dislike overall.  As someone who was supposed to make money on things when working by making a profit from sales, this sounds like a bad idea.  Increasing players' angst in any appreciable form by making changes is not a good idea.

Now.  IF and I stress the word "IF" as much as I can possibly emphasize, the UIs were in NEED of fixing, this would have been the WRONG WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.

No one was complaining that EITHER of these Tabs were hard, difficult or needed some new and improved interface concept design.  No-One.  I never saw any complaints in the forums in Four Years of reading them about the Mission or Shop tabs.  Ever.

Whoever you paid to do these changes?  You should get your money back.  You got ripped off -- and so did we.

Please, the smartest thing you could possibly do in this matter is REVERT the Mission 2.0 and Shop 2.0 tabs back to their Pre-Nerf functionality and ease of use.

It is a BAD THING you did.

OvO

moogleslam #126 Posted Sep 15 2018 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 46993 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 15 2018 - 10:09, said:

I do my best to be a positive force on the forums.  I also design board war-games, role playing games, card games and a few other odds and ends related to gaming.  I also studied Game Theory.  Gaming in one form or another has been my PASSIONATE AVOCATION since I was 17.  I will be 58 this October 11th.  So, a little while now.

I also took Drafting courses, marketing and business courses, graphics arts, stage craft and lighting, photography (I have made it to the top 10% of most viewed on VB with a point and shoot camera) as well as a whole host of other things that I actually DO relate right back to game design.

With all that in mind and with my probably slightly jaded view of marketing concepts, please allow me to speak my mind on both the Missions 2.0 and Shop 2.0 interfaces.

They

Are

AWFUL.

Awful in the sense that, in direct contradiction to a statement of how they 'bring more value' to the game, they are making it harder to navigate the garage area, thus increasing players' dislike overall.  As someone who was supposed to make money on things when working by making a profit from sales, this sounds like a bad idea.  Increasing players' angst in any appreciable form by making changes is not a good idea.

Now.  IF and I stress the word "IF" as much as I can possibly emphasize, the UIs were in NEED of fixing, this would have been the WRONG WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.

No one was complaining that EITHER of these Tabs were hard, difficult or needed some new and improved interface concept design.  No-One.  I never saw any complaints in the forums in Four Years of reading them about the Mission or Shop tabs.  Ever.

Whoever you paid to do these changes?  You should get your money back.  You got ripped off -- and so did we.

Please, the smartest thing you could possibly do in this matter is REVERT the Mission 2.0 and Shop 2.0 tabs back to their Pre-Nerf functionality and ease of use.

It is a BAD THING you did.

OvO

I don't usually like quoting big walls of text, but this was so perfectly stated, it's worth reiterating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users