In-Game Shop: 2.0

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

rubiks_ #21 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 04:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17300 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
The first time watching the Store 2.0, I noticed something that may not matter, but is absolutely lazy. The part where they show the premium tanks, they couldn't be bothered to put the proper pictures of the tanks. They had the T34 for 3 of them even though they said, "progetto", or "is6." You're not an indie company wargaming, why must you be so lazy! Ironically for a video showing off in game purchase!? Again, not a big deal, but it shows how lazy this company is, and how much they actually care about detail. They'd rather take your money than correctly display the product you're buying. 

Jaspo #22 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 04:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31531 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

Wait a minute, "you can now pay for stuff in the game client" but disclaimer: "you should never pay for stuff in the game client but only on the website, in a browser" Huh??

But at any rate, this debacle is clearly an effort to streamline the process of money transferring from our wallets to WG's headquarters, and took absolutely nothing else into consideration during its inception and execution. Thus, everything else that doesn't generate revenue that got thrown into it to make it a "one stop shop" got totally borked as zero consideration was put into it's implementation, because, ya know, it doesn't generate revenue cough cough actually good product image, quality, and usability drives sales much more than pretty pictures and slick marketing schemes cough cough

Edited by Jaspo, Aug 14 2018 - 05:00.

mcraig66 #23 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 05:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12327 battles
  • [ICED] ICED

Well the only reason that we might see some change is that this will hit Wargamings pocket book.

Wargaming you left most of the premium tanks off the list.  So you can't make money.  I was going to buy the Polish Duo which is supposed to be available for another 6 days.  But nope not there. I guess that I will just have to keep that $69.29 Cdn in my pocket and not gift it to you for a stupid pixel tank.  Thank you for stopping me from giving you money!

Yesterday there were 36 Regularly available Premium tanks plus the specials and "Featured tanks.  Whatever the Heck the difference there is supposated to be.  There are now 11 plus some bundles. A lot of lost revenue there folks.

Other missing tanks are;

50TP by itself

Pudel

Rudy

M4 Loza

T25 Pilot

Somua SM

T26E4

and so on, and son ...

jimbalaya17 #24 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 05:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 17558 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-
Can't stand the new "store".  First question is why was this needed at all.  No problems at all with the original.  Second, why take away the ability to buy and stock up on shells.  Just More needless crap.  

Hinkz #25 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 06:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 5625 battles
  • [_AI_] _AI_
#WHEREareTHEshells! https://imgflip.com/i/2fu17w 

Buttknuckle #26 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 07:37

Major

• Players
  • 52669 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Unwanted and unnecessary changes to interface no one had problems with. Just like the abomination that is the mission UI.

WG is the only company I am aware of that thinks requiring the user to click more to obtain the same information is somehow an improvement. Maybe its a cultural thing, but from an American perspective this new UI is flat out less efficient than its predecessor - thus a fail.

Edited by Buttknuckle, Aug 14 2018 - 07:40.

rich73 #27 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 09:16

Major

• Players
  • 56577 battles

View PostMykk, on Aug 13 2018 - 16:22, said:

I'd like to choose personal reserves. I prefer to filter by each type, and I prefer a list view. Am I missing these settings?

No your not missing things.WG is.And we all know what that is.This was my gripe and so obvious a feature that it really makes you wonder whats going on over there.But the world lately is a very strange place so maybe this is just the new normal.I was all set to activate 3 reserves and now I lost the taste for it.I 2nd Buttknuckle.

Edited by rich73, Aug 14 2018 - 09:17.

rich73 #28 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 09:19

Major

• Players
  • 56577 battles

View PostJaspo, on Aug 13 2018 - 19:59, said:

Wait a minute, "you can now pay for stuff in the game client" but disclaimer: "you should never pay for stuff in the game client but only on the website, in a browser" Huh??

But at any rate, this debacle is clearly an effort to streamline the process of money transferring from our wallets to WG's headquarters, and took absolutely nothing else into consideration during its inception and execution. Thus, everything else that doesn't generate revenue that got thrown into it to make it a "one stop shop" got totally borked as zero consideration was put into it's implementation, because, ya know, it doesn't generate revenue cough cough actually good product image, quality, and usability drives sales much more than pretty pictures and slick marketing schemes cough cough

Ya.

deathstalker213 #29 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 09:37

Private

• Players
  • 12749 battles

How in the hell are we suppose to recover tanks now? they removed the option to do so ingame.

Harmless55 #30 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 09:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17107 battles
  • [L0ST] L0ST

The only thing your new, in-game store needs is an off switch.

Your matchmaking is agonizing garbage and a way to spend money on it that is a minute faster than booting up a web-browser is like hanging a sign around your necks that says, "I have a comic sense of priorities."

I want to rage quit out of every game on Overlord. The same is true of every game on Ensk. The only reason I don't do it in any TD playing south-spawn on Westfield is the tiny hope that the other team is made up of people who are retarded and on drugs.

My Fifty-Dollar JT 88 just treated me to the wonderful experience of bouncing five to six rounds of premium ammo off of the hatch on the top of a T95 before he finished two-shotting me with me having done no damage whatsoever.

My FIfty-dollar T-34-3 is useless unless I'm top tier or at least not on a team of semi-sentient muppets.

Two weeks ago, I did the math and figured out that if you pay the full cash price for large repair/large first aid kits, you pay fifty cents every time that artillery hits you and you're in the open. Wargaming reps tell everyone who'll listen that artillery discourages camping but the opposite is true: artillery makes not being seen and shot to pieces by people you can't return fire on, and costs you fifty cents in every game it happens.

If that isn't enough to make you never want to spend another dime on this game, there are those beautiful, beautiful moments when your fully-aimed shots miss after a fourteen second reload and the return snap-shot takes away a third of your hit-points.

You don't need an in-game store, you need to code a set of advanced technique training rooms.

You need an off switch for any in-game store you put in so there is no chance that anyone coming back from the wrong side of a fifteen-to-three walkover hears you whispering, "just another fifty dollars...another fifty dollars..."

Right now, you don't have a game, you have a really unpleasant job, and sticking your hand out in the garage just makes it worse.

Edited by Harmless55, Aug 14 2018 - 09:50.

_Ayreon_ #31 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 10:03

Captain

• Players
  • 53354 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA
I can't open mine. It's loading loading loading and then it tells me the service is unavailable.... Same with Hall of Fame and clan's pages... Running vanilla btw....

hagakure8398 #32 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 10:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 10509 battles
players : we are not spending a dime on the game until you fix the broken MM!
WG: people stopped spending money on the game what should we do? i got it lets put a shop in the game.
players: fix the [edited]match maker!

Edited by hagakure8398, Aug 14 2018 - 10:29.

Projectile_Misfired #33 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 11:09

Major

• Players
  • 38752 battles
Still can’t sell Personal Reserves.

sailorboy7982 #34 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 12:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22218 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostTakatsume, on Aug 13 2018 - 16:01, said:

We have therefore removed those filters and made browsing through the list of available vehicles, modules, shells, and other items less intuitive.

On a more constructive note, I know there is no chance of the old shop returning, but can we get some functionality restored to the shop and depot?

Store:

1. Store is very slow to load

2. Only equipment and directives have filters and they are much more easily bought by clicking the slot on the tank in the garage.  Consumables should have a filter for nation

3. Tech tree tanks no longer show up in the store.

Depot:

1. Filters are needed.  Nation, type of equipment/module/consumable, compatibility with specific vehicles

2. Option to have list format instead of tile format

3. Sort options price, type, etc.

My complaint exactly. I don't want to sell something and find out I need it and buy it back for more that I sold it for.

sailorboy7982 #35 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 12:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22218 battles
  • [STB1] STB1
And the very last row of items is cut off by the screen. You can't scroll up to see them because it resets.

sailorboy7982 #36 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 12:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22218 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostButtknuckle, on Aug 13 2018 - 21:37, said:

Unwanted and unnecessary changes to interface no one had problems with. Just like the abomination that is the mission UI.

WG is the only company I am aware of that thinks requiring the user to click more to obtain the same information is somehow an improvement. Maybe its a cultural thing, but from an American perspective this new UI is flat out less efficient than its predecessor - thus a fail.

That's the Russian/Ukrainian/whom ever way of doing things.

Mykk #37 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 12:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 39099 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postsailorboy7982, on Aug 14 2018 - 12:21, said:

And the very last row of items is cut off by the screen. You can't scroll up to see them because it resets.

I had something similar, if not the same, happen. When I tried to scroll down with my mouse wheel, it wouldn't stick, and would reset/scroll back up. If I clicked the tiny little arrow in the lower right, the page would stay scrolled down.

JTM78 #38 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 12:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24358 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

While these upgrades look nice, they are not user friendly at all!!!

1. In the Depot screen, why do we not have the box for all Module/shells for tanks we no longer own like before? Is it because you don't want to make it easy to sell our unused/needed module/shells any more?
2. In Depot screen, why do we not have a mark all modules/shells not used/mounted box?
3. In Store window, Items for Bonds tab, Directive tab, are the Directive for Crew a one time use item or do they stay with the crew member or tank?
4. In Store window, Items for Bonds, Directive tab, in the Directive for Crew section it states (blank) skill/perk provides the (blank) skill trained to 100% or increases it's effect. How much does it increase the (blank) skill if it is trained to 100% already? If the skill is not trained to 100% can two sets of bonds be used on (blank) skill to increase it to 100% and then to increase it's effect?

I think that the new store/depot sucks!!!!!!! I also think the lack of information on the Equipment/Directives for bonds suck!!! I had so much more hope for NA WoT since the new NA people came aboard it is looking like the same old BS and that sucks!

GenPanzer #39 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 12:59

Major

• Players
  • 45079 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

This change was not only unneeded, but it was unwarranted as well.

Instead of asking the community about a change after the change, why not ask the community before a change if they would like the change. Put in as much detail as you can about the change and see if the community responds positively or not.

At the very least, you'll know what the community would like to see stay and therefore you could save your team tons of time, which in turn would save your company tons of money.

RBSPWAW #40 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 13:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32584 battles
I have to say that the new store is terrible.
So much to look at and yet not much useful information.
In addition to the ammunition complaints above:
What’s with all those equipment bundles?  Is there a hidden discount for buying 3 bits of equipment at once?  Does it cost more even?!  The buyer just can’t tell.
I suppose it’s prettier, but at the cost of convenience, that’s not really a worthwhile to do that.
Terrible “improvement” I must say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users