In-Game Shop: 2.0

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

jimbalaya17 #81 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 15:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 17805 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

My thinking on the shells is that WGing wanted to do away with players "stocking up" on premium ammo by eliminating the ability to pay for it with gold, they also said that when players had gone though their stockpiles of "gold" ammo, they would continue with "rebalancing" premium ammo.  BUT the left a loophole by allowing players to buy gold, convert it to silver and still stock up on premium ammo (notice there has been NO rebalancing).  I liked stocking up on ammo so that I wasn't losing a s*** ton of credits on ammo when I got destroyed.   But that probably falls in with WG's plan also.  Getting players to eat up credits so they have to spend more money...…..

Fixing what isn't broken...…..*sigh*

Celebran #82 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 19:15

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12937 battles
  • [OS4U] OS4U

View Postthunder59, on Aug 14 2018 - 15:39, said:

Doesnt work. Only get white screen for store. Also not enough filters for depot. When it shows ammo it needs to show compatibility. Put it back the way it was and stop doing stupid things to alienate players. This was a really stupid idea for many reasons( for instance, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!). Change for the sake of change is not a good thing!

Same here, I haven't seen the new store since the change because all that comes up is a white screen. This is also after reinstalling because when the new patch came up all the characters in the interface (including on login screen) were just blocks.

SpamNCan #83 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 21:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13503 battles
Very crappy, the size and visuals of the boosters plains sucks. Can't filter by type, hard to read... fire the UI guy.

Prosqtor #84 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 65343 battles
  • [ONION] ONION

I an not one to jump on WG, but this is one of the dumbest things they have done.

Prosqtor #85 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 65343 battles
  • [ONION] ONION
I looked around the eu portal and apparently they have not yet rolled this out on the eu server.  That explains a lot.

Rampant_Carnage #86 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 22:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 16034 battles
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ

Here's a new shop for you that everyone will hate!  Matchmaker? Nah, that will take 6 months to update!

Oh ffs, you had to include the reserves in this nightmare?  Here's a suggestion... revert everything "shop" related to how it was before and spend your time on MM.

BananaCannon #87 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 00:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24030 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
I understand that Wargaming wanted to make the in game shop more inviting, and that statistically it's underused in favor of the website and that creates an opportunity for $$$$$. The problem is that by making the Depot the same as the Store, you have imposed an inferior interface on the system users need to sell modules, activate boosters, and perform other essential functions of upkeep that users need regularly to play. This new interface is not at all intuitive -- sure there are categories but the ability to filter items has been significantly impaired and isolating specific categories of boosters has become an exercise in scrolling. The new store also seems to be emulating the website store but people didn't really like the website store's interface either -- they simply have learned to skip to the areas where the stuff they want is, after getting past all the useless bundle offers. They would buy the same amount of gold and premium time regardless of the interface you put there. Bring back the sortable list-style depot with its filters or maybe some improved one -- nobody wanted gigantic graphics of consumables and it doesn't improve your sales either, which I'm sure you'll see reflected eventually.

BluntedBaboon #88 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 02:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23868 battles
  • [AOG2] AOG2
To echo others, bring back old personal reserves window, or at least the ability to sort them.

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #89 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 02:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39566 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X
48 hours since the WG staff posted this abomination, and no reply from them on this thread, the one THEY created to get feedback. 

Isola_di_Fano #90 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 02:46

Major

• Players
  • 24660 battles

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Aug 15 2018 - 20:36, said:

48 hours since the WG staff posted this abomination, and no reply from them on this thread, the one THEY created to get feedback. 

You expect one ?

You have more faith in them than I do nowadays ...

docroberts #91 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 02:56

Captain

• Players
  • 19389 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Logged in today and I see they have this new shop in place … All I have to say is W,T,F were they smoking to come up with this . It's to much , Way the F&^% to distracting trying to navigate it . 

Edited by docroberts, Aug 16 2018 - 02:57.

GaiusMaximus303 #92 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 03:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4475 battles

New store, sad pathetic farce...What more can i say that hasnt already been said?

_Brew_ #93 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 03:57

Major

• Players
  • 24590 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

The interface is like some kind of smart phone interface.  I really don't like it.  I prefer rows and columns, with just text/numbers and a maybe a small icon.

Way too much going on here and less ability to filter items so I can see specifically things that are only on a particular tank, or a particular nation, etc.

Rex324533 #94 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 04:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-ROH] T-ROH

View Post90210_Hero, on Aug 14 2018 - 00:46, said:

Hate it, plain and simple. I tried to buy back my Lorraine 40 t to do some strongholds and found that suddenly, that functionality is gone. So I go to the Comparison menu because I used to be able to also recover them from there, I click "recover" and am greeted with sweet nothing. The button doesn't do anything now. So now all those special tanks I bought and sold as needed are gone forever, or at least until the morons who thought of this idea bring in another micropatch to fix their royal [redacted] up.

​You have to submit a ticket for repurchase 

Ironclad73 #95 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 05:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 23661 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Holy CRAP The new store is garbage!  There is a fix though, PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS.   The store is unnecessarily slow and harder to navigate and if you're trying to pick 2 or 3 personal reserves at once when you have quite a few your first one is partly used up by the time you find the others you want.  Come on WG did you really ever test this thing besides in a room full of monkeys?  I prefer text and an icon over a bunch of pictures that fill up pages.  And how about FILTERS??

sailorboy7982 #96 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 09:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22479 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View Postapsen, on Aug 15 2018 - 03:14, said:

Nope. I don't watch videos - they are just waste of time. Much faster to read through text and usually it has more information anyway.

It explains how much better and easier the store will be. That's what was funny.

sailorboy7982 #97 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 09:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22479 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostProsqtor, on Aug 15 2018 - 11:45, said:

I looked around the eu portal and apparently they have not yet rolled this out on the eu server.  That explains a lot.

NA server is the test bed. Want to see how many compliments and complaints first.

Paulaner #98 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 11:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 33833 battles
  • [DRT] DRT

We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! We want functionality! Who tests this stuff?????? It sucks

Sorry to copy this,but better i couldnt say it myself......

Stop sniffing glue !!!

ahferroin7 #99 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 12:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 4677 battles
  • [WLA] WLA

So, looking at this as a software developer myself, I'm kind of curious what actual testing was done beyond making sure everything seemed to work.  Where to begin?

• This mobile app style interface is horrendous for use with a mouse (you should not have to move your pointer a quarter of the way across the screen to move from one item to the next).  Yes, it's probably easier than the old store to use with a touchscreen, but how many people do you think are actually playing the game with a touchscreen?
  • It's slow.  Like, really slow.  Like, half second plus slower than the old store on an i7 with DDR4-2400 RAM and a GTX 1060.  I dread to think what this would be like if I didn't have a reasonably nice computer.
  • It removes useful features.  Filtering is at the top of the list here, but there are others, like having an easy way to repurchase vehicles.
  • Personal reserves are painful to use with this new interface.  The old system made it trivial to start three reserves in sufficiently quick succession that they would run out within seconds of each other.  The new system makes it impossible to do that, with the usual case being that the first one will run out a minute or more before the last one, effectively wasting time on both if you want them stacked.
  • It (arguably) makes the game even less visually consistent than what it was already.

Seriously though, functionality should always come first for something like this.  The store looking nice isn't going to draw in new players, and it's not going to help retain existing players, making sure it works as people need it to will do both better.

SRudolf #100 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 13:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25565 battles

where is the section

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users