• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 18:41

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13809 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers,

I'm sure many of you have noticed by now, but our content guys wanted us to give everyone a quick reminder that the 21-day Ranked Season 2 has ended.

For general information on this past Ranked Season, you can check out this article.

How did everyone do in Ranked? Personally, I found myself struggling to get to Rank 1 in my usual favorite tier X's. I found my sweet spot with the M48 Patton, but only managed to get up to Rank 2 before the season's conclusion. I did notice I was having a lot of trouble finding a match in my ConquerorGC, but I think that had to do with the fact that I was still unranked so late into the season.

Overall, I'm happy with my performance this season, considering the circumstances, and look forward to taking my new M48 out next season as I'm sure I'll do a lot better. There is definitely more of a passive play meta in Ranked than in Randoms, which has its benefits and drawbacks. The drawback is that you'll often find yourself left hanging out to dry by your allies as you commit to an aggressive push, but on the upside you end up seeing a lot more battles where, instead of one flank rapidly getting wiped, a typically North-South map will end up turning into an East-West push. Definitely always an interesting change of pace.

As a general housekeeping note: Ranked Season 2 rewards will be going out within 2 weeks. 

Scorpiany #2 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 18:44

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34359 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

I got to Rank 15, plus got a vehicle rank on top of that for a cool 16 rank points. This season was definitely harder than last season, to get into League 1 - Last season, anyone who reached General Rank was guaranteed League 1 prizing; this season only a small handful of people from General Rank got in; you needed 16 rank points to guarantee the League 1 placement.

It was certainly a lot of fun though (but also a lot of frustration)!

(On an unrelated note, I sent you and a few other staff members a somewhat lengthy PM covering a variety of topics. Thanks for the work you do, Domo!)

Edited by Scorpiany, Aug 14 2018 - 18:46.

WhineMaker #3 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:10

Major

• Players
  • 34745 battles

It was real...

It was fun...

Largest drawback, I wish I didn't have to use a hotel internet connection 80% of time(not really, my summer of road trippin' worked well for me and the GF :) ;)

Overall, I enjoyed the Ranked Battles again this season... :great:

Quick question: When does Season 3 begin?

moogleslam #4 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:11

Major

• Players
  • 40317 battles

I wish I had more time for it, but work has been busy, even late into my evenings, life has been busy (so many people staying with us over the summer), and on the few nights I've been able to get on, I've done Clan Wars.

I would highly recommend that you don't overlap big events like this.  Right now, you could rotate Clan Wars, Frontline, and Rank Battles, so that one of them is always active, but never more than one.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42696 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Tried a few ranked games, still mostly players not playing for the win and immediately going into "GOTTA SECURE MY RANK" mode.

I think I made it to 5 or so?  Not interested in a ranked mode if it'll be a bunch of pubbies doing what pubbies do (not playing for wins)

Basically played it for a session one night just to see what it was about.

Bad_Oedipus #6 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 40766 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

It was fun to earn all them bonds.  Most of the matches were fun. 

I've noticed that have mostly blue and purple players on a team usually lead to defeat.  Most of the eunichums  would rush out to their favorite spot and snipe.  This often created two groups of tanks that were far from each other and they would not move to support other group.  A popular tactic among less skilled groups was to charge with entire team on one side... that was a very effective way to kill all them purples.  

I made it to rank 9, one better than last season.  My best performing tanks were IS 7 and Type 5.

Kehox #7 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14447 battles

ranked is bad .. me myself and i attitude and gameplay .....awful ... and Russian tank to get Rank15 without the need to have a brain ( use heat and win ) ... obj 907 is the most broken stupid medium tank..., WG promoting the ranked season ... and it just a premium round fest and see who got the biggest credit account... ( sure the reward are there to compensate your lost of credit .... )

all ranked Beta/1/2 have been really awful ... still WG will continue to kill the game and add more russian no brain gameplay... 

Edited by Kehox, Aug 14 2018 - 19:25.

Baron_Von_Cheeto #8 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 53345 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
I play ranked for the bonds and I made it to rank 14 this time. I find ranked battle the worst game mode in this game ever. Again, I do it for the bonds only. Super heavys sniping not trying to win, believing there going to be the one out of fifteen to get the chevron. And the super heavys that snipe are just not bad players but, purple players too. It is awful and this will be the last time I play ranked. It is just not worth the frustration for the bonds. 

__Ice #9 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22521 battles
  • [FATE] FATE
When is season 3 tho?

SparkyGT #10 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 46942 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
squeaked my way into League III after a late start, probly did most of my battles in the last 5 days. looking forward to the next one.

xrays_ #11 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 49120 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

I placed in the top 100 overall, playing exclusively artillery.

I believe the overall experience was more difficult than previous Seasons, with many ups and downs along the way. I found I struggled one day to make 5 Chevrons, and the next day I could make 10 or more Chevrons in half the time. It is this type of swing that makes the format frustrating.

Personally, I think if the top 3 winners receive 2 Chevrons, then the top 3 losers should receive 1 Chevron... It's not like they didn't perform similarly, they just lost. And losing isn't about an individual's performance, it's about the other 14 players on the team - so punishing people for mistakes others made isn't exactly fair or helpful. Otherwise, just reward everyone on the winning team with 1 Chevron, and take away a Chevron from the losing team - do something to make winning matter.

And with regards to winning... I had a match where I did 4k damage combined, and fully capped the enemy base solo (no Raider medal in Ranked... sigh), yet still didn't receive a Chevron. The XP rewards for base capping needs to be adjusted, because there was a chance of losing the match, so I started capping while the other two players on my team chased the remaining enemy tank.

x.

_verminator_ #12 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 20:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29925 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
Got to rank 26 and reached top 10 on the NA server :). Feelsgoodsman

_verminator_ #13 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 20:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29925 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Postxrays_, on Aug 14 2018 - 11:02, said:

I believe the overall experience was more difficult than previous Seasons, with many ups and downs along the way. I found I struggled one day to make 5 Chevrons, and the next day I could make 10 or more Chevrons in half the time. It is this type of swing that makes the format frustrating.

Personally, I think if the top 3 winners receive 2 Chevrons, then the top 3 losers should receive 1 Chevron... It's not like they didn't perform similarly, they just lost. And losing isn't about an individual's performance, it's about the other 14 players on the team - so punishing people for mistakes others made isn't exactly fair or helpful. Otherwise, just reward everyone on the winning team with 1 Chevron, and take away a Chevron from the losing team - do something to make winning matter.

And with regards to winning... I had a match where I did 4k damage combined, and fully capped the enemy base solo (no Raider medal in Ranked... sigh), yet still didn't receive a Chevron. The XP rewards for base capping needs to be adjusted, because there was a chance of losing the match, so I started capping while the other two players on my team chased the remaining enemy tank.

x.

Agreed. I feel like capping should give more xp. Right now if you cap, you basically won't get top 3 xp earner on your team.

__Worm__ #14 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 32568 battles
  • [PYRMD] PYRMD

they are just like T10 pub matches.

No team work and tons of headache.

Tried it a couple of times and getting results as stated above decided to opt-out.

xrays_ #15 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 49120 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Post_verminator_, on Aug 14 2018 - 14:22, said:

Got to rank 26 and reached top 10 on the NA server :). Feelsgoodsman

Once I realized I only needed 16-17 points, I didn't bother competing any more. You don't get more for placing higher, so the frustration seems not worth it.

However, I do applaud those that got more than 20 points, as I know how much time/work they put into it.

x.

t8z5h3 #16 Posted Aug 14 2018 - 22:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38410 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

hi,

i feel like last season that all ranks should be permanent but chevrons be the dynamic part of Ranked. yes i would say that there needs to be more chevrons between ranks if my suggestion was done.

my issue and what i have heard from other people is that it feels great to rank up but feels really bad (like i don't want to play any more level of bad) when you hit a bad team or 3 in a row and you drop from rank 3 to 1.

the XP system seems unforgiving a formula that includes all aspects of the game (blocked damage,Spotting,splash,Damage done, damage received and ect) needs to be added to pick who goes up a rank. if your actively taking part in the battle but not "farming XP" on the red line (minus say the TD's or SPG's) they should be more likely to move forward. also maybe a counter in match for how much xp you have based on the numbers your seeing in the hit log, cap counter bar and ect. should be added if possible ranking you versus the other players on your team. on the score board as a way to push people to play better?

like say the leader board for a Clan wars Campaign based on the location you rank Bonds and even tanks should be added if you make it to say top 10% of the total rankings on the server they should get a chance at a tier 10 clan wars tank.

AznTank #17 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 01:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 29872 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

They need to extend the length of these seasons and the frequency. Make it at the very least a month long. And clean up gold ammo, but who knows if it'll ever come.

_HyperLynx #18 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 02:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18172 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Post_verminator_, on Aug 14 2018 - 14:23, said:

Agreed. I feel like capping should give more xp. Right now if you cap, you basically won't get top 3 xp earner on your team.

I agree, if capping WINS the game (hopefully they can make a formula so that they can recognize it), they should be auto 2 chev...

_M3SS #19 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 02:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38879 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View Postxrays_, on Aug 14 2018 - 15:02, said:

x.

> complains about XP when playing arty.

> ask for more chevrons for the losing team.
With this kind of feedback no wonder WG implements such stupid stuff like 3/5/7mm.

xrays_ #20 Posted Aug 15 2018 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 49120 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Post_M3SS, on Aug 14 2018 - 20:49, said:

> complains about XP when playing arty.

> ask for more chevrons for the losing team.
With this kind of feedback no wonder WG implements such stupid stuff like 3/5/7mm.

Providing feedback instead of knocking others down for theirs is more beneficial.

My only real complaint is that capping 100% of the enemy base results in minimal XP gain, and I'm sure that's regardless of what class of tank you're driving.

x.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users