New game shop, in-game survey and feedback

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TankFullOfBourbon #1 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 12:45

Major

• Players
  • 27042 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

WG has just implemented a new game shop and when I logged on yesterday I was asked to fill in an in-game survey on it, which I did. I understand you are interested for your internal reasons to find out how the new game shop works and is perceived. But having a survey directly after launching the new software is pretty silly as I and most others have hardly had any time to use the game shop. What possible feedback can I give you after having the game shop to my disposal for 12-24 hours. It's not like I am using the game shop every day. And herein lies the reason for why I am writing this General Error reporting.

I realise WG has a lot of different development teams and so you are able to work on a number of things in parallel, but what makes you prioritize the game shop of all the things you can work on in WOT? A wild guess is that it must be one of the least used functions in the game and the reason why it is has nothing to do with how it is presented in the UI. I think I am pretty much Joe Average in everything with this game and I only use the game shop when you are running special discount sales on consumables or equipment, and as a side note you are not running those discounts that often. Tanks are bought via the Tech Tree and premium time, gold, credits and boosters are bought in the Premium shop. I know there are some players with heaps of gold but most players do not spend gold on things you can buy with real money in the Premium Shop. So why prioritize "fixing" the game shop?

I will give you one (1) thing you should focus on, out of the list of thousands of bugs, needs for improvements, etc that you have: fix the missing sound when my tank gets hit. That bug is the worst bug you have and it's been there for much much too long time. Just fix that sound bug, and I promise you great feedback.

And why ask feedback about something players didn't ask for? Why don't you pick up feedback from players on what you should work on instead? It's just irritating that the most irritating bug is not fixed months after you put it there and then you ask for feedback for something I hardly use, 12 hours after you launched it. And honestly, if you had been in contact with your players before you built it, you would already have known how it would be received because you would have built what the players asked for.

In summary:

1. Collect feedback from your customers what you should be working on
  2. If you have teams loitering with nothing to do, put them to work on the things the customers prioritize
  3. Ask feedback for responses to customer demand a couple of weeks after you implemented it so that the customers have a chance to test it
  4. And fix the sound bug so that I can hear that an enemy has penned and damaged me!

Thank you.

Edited by TankFullOfBourbon, Aug 16 2018 - 12:51.

nekojima #2 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 13:44

Captain

• Players
  • 39866 battles

Yes, please WG fix the sound bug when we're penned!!

CapPhrases #3 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 14:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 7276 battles

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Aug 16 2018 - 06:45, said:

1. Collect feedback from your customers what you should be working on
  2. If you have teams loitering with nothing to do, put them to work on the things the customers prioritize
  3. Ask feedback for responses to customer demand a couple of weeks after you implemented it so that the customers have a chance to test it
  4. And fix the sound bug so that I can hear that an enemy has penned and damaged me!

Thank you.

^^ this right here.

it's not hard WG

Bavor #4 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 31721 battles

View Postnekojima, on Aug 16 2018 - 07:44, said:

That bug has been around since WoT 1.0 Sandbox.  It was mentioned on the Sandbox forums.  At this rate it might be fixed in 2022.

UvBeenTrumped #5 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 16:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58606 battles

So let me get this straight... WG should ask you if they should change something before changing something in this free to play game?

Maybe, as I have stated in many other posts that have tears in them, you should take the extra time to go through the new interface and get to know it. It really isn't that difficult, just looks different. 

The laziness is strong in people!

Kumite_Me_Bro #6 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 17:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 8930 battles
I can't even give any feedback since the in game shop is just a white screen for me. 

CapPhrases #7 Posted Aug 16 2018 - 19:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 7276 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 16 2018 - 10:32, said:

So let me get this straight... WG should ask you if they should change something before changing something in this free to play game?

uhhhh yes? call me crazy but maybe, juuuuuust maybe, game companies should listen to feedback from their playerbase.

once again NO ONE was asking for this pointless change, we were asking for countless other changes that WG doesn't even update us on to let us know if they are even trying to do something about it.

THAT. IS. WHAT. THE. PROBLEM. IS.

UvBeenTrumped #8 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 12:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58606 battles

View PostCapPhrases, on Aug 16 2018 - 11:27, said:

uhhhh yes? call me crazy but maybe, juuuuuust maybe, game companies should listen to feedback from their playerbase.

once again NO ONE was asking for this pointless change, we were asking for countless other changes that WG doesn't even update us on to let us know if they are even trying to do something about it.

THAT. IS. WHAT. THE. PROBLEM. IS.

The problem is you snowflake cry about every little thing in the FREE TO PLAY game. They shouldn't ask us as players anything!! They can change it all they want. The new interface isn't that bad. Take the whole 3 extra seconds to look it over. The left will always cry about everything, bad or good!

Ironclad73 #9 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 14:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 20826 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 17 2018 - 03:20, said:

The problem is you snowflake cry about every little thing in the FREE TO PLAY game. They shouldn't ask us as players anything!! They can change it all they want. The new interface isn't that bad. Take the whole 3 extra seconds to look it over. The left will always cry about everything, bad or good!

It may be a "free to play" game but it only survives because people do pay for it. If everyone quit buying premium time, tanks, etc it would be gone in no time. Since they do survive only on their customers continuing to pay them they SHOULD be trying to keep their paying customers happy. If you really think they stay in in business just to give people a "free game" you are extremely ignorant.

I can run my business anyway I want, but if I want to stay in business I have to keep my customers satisfied. Thinking otherwise is plain foolish.

CapPhrases #10 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 16:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 7276 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 17 2018 - 06:20, said:

lol you think I'm some lefty cause I disagree with your opinion :D

View PostIronclad73, on Aug 17 2018 - 08:03, said:

It may be a "free to play" game but it only survives because people do pay for it. If everyone quit buying premium time, tanks, etc it would be gone in no time. Since they do survive only on their customers continuing to pay them they SHOULD be trying to keep their paying customers happy. If you really think they stay in in business just to give people a "free game" you are extremely ignorant.

I can run my business anyway I want, but if I want to stay in business I have to keep my customers satisfied. Thinking otherwise is plain foolish.

exactly.

"Take care of the customer and the business will take care of itself"

TankFullOfBourbon #11 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 12:50

Major

• Players
  • 27042 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 17 2018 - 12:20, said:

Embarrassing. There are hundreds of free to play games out there and they all compete about your and my spare time, so as with any business they better have a good relationship with their customers or they will be out of business quite quickly. Customer feedback is essential for companies.

Bavor #12 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 05:37

Major

• Players
  • 31721 battles

View Postnekojima, on Aug 16 2018 - 07:44, said:

This still hasn't been fixed in the latest update.  Who needs to know when you get shot in a combat game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users