WGNA answers your questions - Part 3

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

sneakytails #21 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 19:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7217 battles
  • [ESG] ESG

Yes, thanks for this work, it is appreciated even though it may sometimes seem like its not.

I will prepare my questions for next Q&A.

Thanks again.

Omega_Weapon #22 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 48473 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostTragicLoss, on Aug 17 2018 - 10:55, said:

Copy Pasting what I've said on Reddit:

In complete fairness, from my standpoint and what I've observed, most people are overall okay with 3 tier games.

HOWEVER (MASSIVE HOWEVER), players do NOT enjoy getting 3 tier games as often as they currently do, which is one of the major pain points we hope to address with Matchmaking adjustments. Most threads are about the rate in which 3 tier games happen in terms of the upper tiers (10/9/8).

I can agree that being -2 in a match is not the end of the world and can be a fun challenge. But it is challenging because it is harder. The - 2 matches should be the minority of our games, not the majority. I think the frontline mode was so popular specifically because it was single tier and participants knew they would have a level playing field. So while many are "okay" with   - 2 games now and then, the majority seems to strongly prefer - 1 or same tier matches. Plus a +1/-1 spread would make vehicle balancing much easier to achieve, which is something the game has always seemed to struggle with.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, Aug 17 2018 - 20:13.

Animul #23 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 22:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20098 battles
  • [LONER] LONER
TY for sharing this Private_Public

black_colt #24 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 00:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View Postsleeper_agent, on Aug 17 2018 - 06:29, said:

good read on whats generally going on with Devs.

thanks

Agreed - thanks

hllrbrn #25 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 00:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22254 battles

View PostPrivate_Public, on Aug 17 2018 - 13:28, said:

Why has there been a focus on map changes that seem to discourage ranged play?

AB: We don't have such focus. Some of our new maps, like Glacier or upcoming Studzianki offer plenty of long-range gameplay. Also, I've heard complains that we have too much bush sniping in our game, y'know… ;)

First off, Private Public thanks for doing this and the extra work of putting this on the forum 

Second I am a little shocked that they answered my question at all but even as it was rephrased the gist of it is was still there, the question you presented  was not "do you" it was "why has there been" 

And I assume that you combined multiple questions that were along the similar lines into one question but ultimately you asked "why did you do this" not "did you do this" 

The fact that it has happened was not open to debate or interpretation.  My question for instance, which appears to be one that was used in amalgam with others,  was asked in the greater context of coridorization of maps and its effect on premium round use.  Shooting across the map on glacier is indeed possible but unfortunately those "open areas" for ranged play are no mans land where no one goes. Now give a player an actual  vantage point to support  inside the corridor behind the carrier where tanks actually meet that would be different, but that is not the case.

That all being said the devs response is about what I expected and an extremely Eastern European one at that. When faced with facts that you don't want to address you ignore them and basically say "we didn't do that" and stick to your guns to the bitter end. 

My original question for example  is below and had multiple parts all coalescing in an overall theme of not "did you" but "why did you"   

"What was and is the intent behind continued corridorization of maps? Why has there been a focus on map changes to discourage ranged play for instance by moving TD covered locations that had been within draw distance to just outside draw distance of the most likely targets? Why was terrain on most maps changed so that flanking shots as teams deploy are either blocked by objects or the path of travel  the enemy team negotiates is now in a depression to protect them as they deploy?  Were these terrain changes implemented to ensure that teams would get to the head to head locations in corridors safely where they would be encouraged to utilize premium ammunition as they would be faced with the frontal armor of most tanks and therefore increase their post battle resupply costs encouraging the purchase of premium accounts and tanks?"

I will endeavor to be more precise and brief if I submit a question at the next opportunity 

I do appreciate you efforts in presenting questions to the developers. 

Edited by hllrbrn, Aug 18 2018 - 01:34.

coconut2011 #26 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 07:38

Captain

• Players
  • 56795 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
The problem with the rock is that it is so slippery now that places that used allow safe slide downs are death traps...

Bavor #27 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 31314 battles

View PostTragicLoss, on Aug 17 2018 - 10:55, said:

In complete fairness, from my standpoint and what I've observed, most people are overall okay with 3 tier games.

HOWEVER (MASSIVE HOWEVER), players do NOT enjoy getting 3 tier games as often as they currently do, which is one of the major pain points we hope to address with Matchmaking adjustments. Most threads are about the rate in which 3 tier games happen in terms of the upper tiers (10/9/8).

The issue with 3/5/7 or 5/10 battles is that some tiers are bottom tier much more often than a normal distribution with 3/5/7 or 5/10 would indicate they should be.  Also the community contributions that attended Tankfest were told that the mechanism that increases your chances of being top or mid tier after being bottom tier has never worked properly.

I've been keeping track of matchmaking in my solo pub battles since WoT 1.0 was released.  I also have data form several thousand solo pub battles between the release of 9.18 and Wot 1.0 

Here are the results in non pref matchmaking tanks since WoT 1.0 was released:

Tier 8 3/5/7 battle:

Top Tier: 15.38%

Middle Tier: 23.08%

Bottom Tier: 61.54%

Going by 3/5/7 matchmaking normal distribution would be:

Top Tier: 20%

Middle Tier: 33.33%

Bottom Tier:46.66%

Tier 8 5/10 Battle:

Top Tier: 11.63%

Bottom Tier: 88.37%

Going by 5/10 matchmaking normal distribution would be:

Top Tier: 33.33%

Bottom Tier: 66.66%

Its pretty obvious matchmaker is NOT working as intended.  The data from the time WoT 9.18 and WoT 1.0 was released shows similar findings.  Regular matchmaking tanks are bottom tier much more often than 3/5/7 or 5/10 matchmaking should have them be.  It shows that the current matchmaker doesn't work as intended and what the community contributors were told at tankfest is true.

It seems that there is an over abundance of tier 8 tanks during some time periods.  The simple and logical solution during those time periods to keep players happy is to have more single tier battles for tier 8 tanks and make tier 9 and 10 tank players wait more than 7 seconds to drop into a battle after clicking the battle button by creating more 5/10 tier 10 battles or more single tier battles for tier 9 and 10 tanks.

dunniteowl #28 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 17:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 22618 battles

View PostAndrewSledge, on Aug 17 2018 - 07:42, said:

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Ontos and British light tanks incoming?

Picture a 40mm Bofors Quad AAA mounted on the Wirbelwind, say?

sleeper_agent #29 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 00:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 21905 battles

View Postcoconut2011, on Aug 18 2018 - 01:38, said:

The problem with the rock is that it is so slippery now that places that used allow safe slide downs are death traps...

slippery rocks are a new addition from 1.0 arent they?

dunniteowl #30 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 01:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 22618 battles

I have great interest in all the answers relevant to the game in any manner.  Having had to deal with Developer related "need to know" sorts of issues, I can appreciate the relative non-answers might be for many reasons, inclusive of "on our list, but more important stuff for a while" sorts of things.

That said, I thank you for taking the time to interface and perform this task, no matter how some may criticize the responses, there's at least this to criticize, which would not be here to criticize had you not done so.

Thanks.

OvO

Isola_di_Fano #31 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 04:53

Major

• Players
  • 22008 battles

No server transfers ?

Ok, more money for my other hobbies, I'm good with that.

ZipperDown #32 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 05:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 49615 battles
  • [S--A] S--A

View PostTragicLoss, on Aug 17 2018 - 16:55, said:

NO ONE LIKES 3 5 7 WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT . PLEASE DO WHAT WE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR YEARS ONE UP ONE DOWN. AND GIVE US THE MK 1 WE HAVE BEEN HERE WAY LONGER THEN THE CONSOLE PLAYERS AND WE DESERVE IT .

Frostblitz20 #33 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 06:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3313 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA
Wow the 2 gun st-II might become a real thing wonder if other nations will get muti gun tanks...

docroberts #34 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 21:28

Captain

• Players
  • 19205 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Need to do some work on team damage as well and respawns .  At least with team damage they can eliminate some of the TKing or better yet help with damage from our 3 artys on our teams as of late that cause more problems then help … Respawns can help with the frustrations of the team getting rolled over and nothing to show for it . Plus the game last longer than just a couple minutes witch in my opinion is more enjoyable . One comment about the RNG that was mentioned in the comments about the spread pattern . I think that's THE BIGGEST complaint I have About RNG .. Makes no sense that I fire 4 to 6 rounds and every one fly's off into the freaking sky . I'm not hunting DUCKS . Well not quite yet anyways . But point being I have one tank that has .28 spread and I shoot as well as a tank with .68 arty of some sort .. Doesn't matter the skill or the equipment and such . Just makes the game cost more on my supposed earnings that I cant makes up . Also makes it  where I don't even want to play anymore . And If im not making anything that suits me then Im not spending . And I wont ever play my tier 10s if I cant recoup my losses from the lower tiers . Im not handing out 80 freaking K on one game when the silver isn't there from missing every time . And then when the teams are a loss most times then you make even less . 

docroberts #35 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 21:31

Captain

• Players
  • 19205 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostZipperDown, on Aug 18 2018 - 22:50, said:

NO ONE LIKES 3 5 7 WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT . PLEASE DO WHAT WE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR YEARS ONE UP ONE DOWN. AND GIVE US THE MK 1 WE HAVE BEEN HERE WAY LONGER THEN THE CONSOLE PLAYERS AND WE DESERVE IT .

Listen  ,,,,, LoL that's why the game is in the state it is in the NA server , for the lack of . . 

Omega_Weapon #36 Posted Aug 20 2018 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 48473 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Postdocroberts, on Aug 19 2018 - 15:28, said:

Need to do some work on team damage as well and respawns .  At least with team damage they can eliminate some of the TKing or better yet help with damage from our 3 artys on our teams as of late that cause more problems then help … Respawns can help with the frustrations of the team getting rolled over and nothing to show for it . Plus the game last longer than just a couple minutes witch in my opinion is more enjoyable .

Please no! God no! Respawns are a childish mechanic that will dumb this game down to preschool level. Adding respawns killed World of Warplanes. They are the last thing we need here.

docroberts #37 Posted Aug 20 2018 - 02:27

Captain

• Players
  • 19205 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Aug 19 2018 - 19:09, said:

Please no! God no! Respawns are a childish mechanic that will dumb this game down to preschool level. Adding respawns killed World of Warplanes. They are the last thing we need here.

Well , that was the thing I liked with Frontlines . These maps however are a bit boxy and I might be inclined to agree with you on most currant maps we have . But I hate when one flank folds as fast as the game starts and you find yourself now overrun and game over .. I want to play not get sent to the garage every few min . If anything limit it to 3 respawns similar to War Thunder . 

24cups #38 Posted Aug 20 2018 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 23096 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postdocroberts, on Aug 19 2018 - 20:27, said:

Well , that was the thing I liked with Frontlines . These maps however are a bit boxy and I might be inclined to agree with you on most currant maps we have . But I hate when one flank folds as fast as the game starts and you find yourself now overrun and game over .. I want to play not get sent to the garage every few min . If anything limit it to 3 respawns similar to War Thunder . 

Respawning in pubs would not work. Flag getting capped  ? No problem, respawning beside cap to reset. So every match ends up as a kill all......but you can't because they keep respawning......oh well, draw after draw after draw...................

sleeper_agent #39 Posted Aug 20 2018 - 16:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 21905 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Aug 19 2018 - 20:09, said:

agreed. Respawns are killers

docroberts #40 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 04:46

Captain

• Players
  • 19205 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View Post24cups, on Aug 20 2018 - 07:55, said:

Respawning in pubs would not work. Flag getting capped  ? No problem, respawning beside cap to reset. So every match ends up as a kill all......but you can't because they keep respawning......oh well, draw after draw after draw...................

It would take a complete remake . But they would have to change the timer altogether and after a third respawn then the player goes to the garage and last man standing wins the team game . Or after the last respawn then the timer starts and possibility of a draw . Just an idea in the wind . 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users