84 replies to this topic

docroberts #41 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 04:56

Captain

• Players
  • 19205 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View Postsleeper_agent, on Aug 20 2018 - 09:30, said:

agreed. Respawns are killers

I was spoiled when Frontlines hit . Respawn was great , made credits , had a blast and the map allowed tanks to be played in there intended rolls . The small maps would never work . But the 30 v 30 maps would be great .. It wouldn't take much for these guys to get on there little computers and revamp the maps even larger and keep some parts of the currant maps untouched as a copy for certain tiers . That way you keep the original for tiers X through Y and a larger version for tiers through Z . Etc . 

BillT #42 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 19:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26844 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

Block Quote

What about +1/-1?  Wouldn't that be an easy solution to Matchmaker?

AB: Henry Louis Mencken once said, that for every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong :)Speaking seriously, the current MM supports two-tier battles and we have no indication people are enjoying them more than three-tier ones. 

I don't see how they can say that with a straight face, unless they're just deaf to feedback.  I've seen many people in the forums complain about constantly seeing Tier 10s in their Tier 8 tanks, while saying they're happy fighting against Tier 9 tanks.  And there was the recent Frontline event where many people absolutely raved about same-tier battles.

The obvious thing for WG to do is introduce a temporary game mode where the MM is limited to +/-1 , let people play it for a month, and listen to the feedback.  Denying that there's any interest in it, though, just seems dishonest.

PanzerLeader_2 #43 Posted Aug 26 2018 - 17:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15229 battles
  • [T-D] T-D

View PostBavor, on Aug 18 2018 - 17:17, said:

The issue with 3/5/7 or 5/10 battles is that some tiers are bottom tier much more often than a normal distribution with 3/5/7 or 5/10 would indicate they should be.  Also the community contributions that attended Tankfest were told that the mechanism that increases your chances of being top or mid tier after being bottom tier has never worked properly.

I've been keeping track of matchmaking in my solo pub battles since WoT 1.0 was released.  I also have data form several thousand solo pub battles between the release of 9.18 and Wot 1.0 

Here are the results in non pref matchmaking tanks since WoT 1.0 was released:

Tier 8 3/5/7 battle:

Top Tier: 15.38%

Middle Tier: 23.08%

Bottom Tier: 61.54%

Going by 3/5/7 matchmaking normal distribution would be:

Top Tier: 20%

Middle Tier: 33.33%

Bottom Tier:46.66%

Tier 8 5/10 Battle:

Top Tier: 11.63%

Bottom Tier: 88.37%

Going by 5/10 matchmaking normal distribution would be:

Top Tier: 33.33%

Bottom Tier: 66.66%

Its pretty obvious matchmaker is NOT working as intended.  The data from the time WoT 9.18 and WoT 1.0 was released shows similar findings.  Regular matchmaking tanks are bottom tier much more often than 3/5/7 or 5/10 matchmaking should have them be.  It shows that the current matchmaker doesn't work as intended and what the community contributors were told at tankfest is true.

It seems that there is an over abundance of tier 8 tanks during some time periods.  The simple and logical solution during those time periods to keep players happy is to have more single tier battles for tier 8 tanks and make tier 9 and 10 tank players wait more than 7 seconds to drop into a battle after clicking the battle button by creating more 5/10 tier 10 battles or more single tier battles for tier 9 and 10 tanks.

This is good data, and it seems in line with some smaller samples of data I took when I was grinding some tier 8 tanks.  

The problem is that too many Tier 9 and 10 tanks are played relative to the numbers of lower tiered tanks.  The simple solution is to put Tier 9 and 10 tanks into single Tier battles a lot more often than they are now.  If this doesn’t make sense to you right away, take the extreme example: a Tier 8 tank would never have to face a Tier 10 tank, if all Tier 10s were always in single Tier battles.  I don’t know why Tier 10s don’t get put into Grand Battles more often.  I liked the experience the one time I played one.  The large map suited Tier 10s very well.

ArcticTankHunter #44 Posted Aug 28 2018 - 00:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13703 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V
For the RNG part everyone is obivously complaining about the shot spread. Not penetration or damage part. Come on Devs. you should know this. How many threads have been talking about RNG misses with extremely good accurate guns. A lot on the forum. Even the 17 pdr on Challenger I was complaining about RNG misses when fully zoomed in. It is utter BS and should never happen,

black_colt #45 Posted Aug 28 2018 - 01:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View PostArcticTankHunter, on Aug 27 2018 - 15:34, said:

For the RNG part everyone is
complaining about the shot spread. Not penetration or damage part. Come on Devs. you should know this. How many threads have been talking about RNG misses with extremely good accurate guns. A lot on the forum. Even the 17 pdr on Challenger I was complaining about RNG misses when fully zoomed in. It is utter BS and should never happen,

I believe you missed the following from the original post that speaks to the issue you raised in your post [emphasis mine] from the Wargaming developers.

Are Devs looking at RNG and possible changes to it?

AB: There are multiple RNG elements in the game. Generally, when players speak about RNG, they mean damage and penetration distribution. These rules are in the game to represent armor and shell quality variance and other variables too complex to calculate in real time. For example, many cast turrets had varied armor thickness due to their complex shape, and even hundreds of armor groups won't reflect it with any grade of accuracy. So instead we use randomization to emulate the influence of such factors on an individual shot, and we are quite happy with how these two work. However there is one RNG element we are looking into right now. It is a random function governing how shots are spread within the reticle. I can't share any specific info on what are we planning yet, but we aim on making it more predictable and better reflecting what a particular gun is good (or bad) at.

Edited by black_colt, Aug 28 2018 - 01:18.

PanzerLeader_2 #46 Posted Aug 31 2018 - 16:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15229 battles
  • [T-D] T-D

View PostPrivate_Public, on Aug 17 2018 - 14:29, said:

Now, on to the NA Staff’s Answers.

CM = CabbageMechanic

TL = TragicLoss

What are the plans to help moderate in-game toxicity, and are there plans to help moderate it more heavily?

CM: We have implemented a monitored system that detects and punishes players who use inappropriate language (obscenity, hate speech etc.), and we still ban players regularly who are reported via the in-game reporting system.  I understand that using the in-game report system is unsatisfying, and that is something that should be improved, but it really does work.  The threshold to punish someone has to be set at a level where it is difficult to use maliciously, but each report stacks and if the behavior continues they will see escalating chat bans.  If you have an extraordinary example of toxicity (threats etc.), please submit a ticket.

TL: One of the best things you can do about in game toxicity, namely physics abuse and harassment/flaming, is report players using the ticket system (https://na.wargaming...n/products/wot/). This ensures it is looked over by a person. Due to our privacy policy we can't disclose actions against a player, but I assure you repeat offenders and players who get reported often are sanctioned.

Why continue to revamp old maps over and over instead of make new maps? Why does it take so long to produce a new map? Why do new maps seem so low in priority for development?

TL: There are actually several new maps currently in development right now. Originally, reworking all of the old maps into 1.0 was a pretty huge priority over trying to test and balance completely new maps as this would have taken longer.  Once completing the old maps currently being converted to HD, we hope to be reintroducing removed maps (cross your fingers for Dragon Ridge) and new maps should appear as time goes.

Is there any indication from WG if they are leaning towards keeping arty or removing arty?

CM: There are no plans to remove SPGs.

Is there any consideration to remove Stun Mechanics from SPG's?

CM: Not that I am aware of.

Can we have more legionnaires in Tier 8 Strongholds similar to the EU server?

CM: Yes. (I believe this has been done as of now, thanks for bringing it up).

Would there be consideration for a 7/5/3 MM variant to allow you to be top tier more often than current 3/5/7?

CM: It's an interesting idea, seems like it would be an exponentially worse experience for the bottom 8.

Will MM be changed away from +2/-2?

CM: It's not in any immediate plans.

Last year, gold was 'flowing freely'.  This year, that has dried up and been replaced by bonds, boosters, and premium time.  Why has this changed?

TL:  In general we are trying to bring back different ways of earning different kinds of rewards overall. IE bringing back things like TankRewards.com and Tournaments should help revive some Gold income for folks.

Are there any plans to merge Gold, Free XP, or both with World of Warships for a true 'Unified Account'?

CM: No information at this time.

Will we be able to purchase tanks for bonds in the future (outside of Clan Wars)?

Will the SU-85i or the SU76i ever be on sale again?

CM:  Possible, but no plans at this time.

Why was information release day about weekend events/missions/etc. moved from Thursday to Friday?  Is it possible to have it on Thursday again?

CM: Generally this will be covered ahead of time in the monthly previews on the news portal.

Are there any plans for more 'side' events like Soccer, Chaffee Races, etc.?  When can we expect them?

CM: Yes I think so, but unfortunately no timelines to share.  I will say that I hear about Chaffee Races more than anything else and I want them as well, so keep showing your support on that front :)

Are there any plans to introduce tiers beyond Tier 10 (for more modern tanks)?

Is there any news on a potential ammo rework?

CM: None yet - it's in the cards though.

TL:  To bring it back to QnA pt 1 just for spreading awareness sake, the removal of premium ammo purchasing via GOLD was done to ease the viability of reworking them in the future.

When will we get a crew retraining special again?

CM:  This has come up a few times recently, hope you took advantage of it last weekend!

TL:  We just ran one! This was suggested a few weeks ago and we had one in for you guys!

Additional Notes:

Sheriff accounts are still currently undergoing fixes and will hopefully be fixed with the 1.1 Update.

The crew sale we just had was for gold only.  Will we ever have another silver crew retraining sale?  It has now been a full year since the last one.

Nobel_Wolf #47 Posted Sep 04 2018 - 18:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16555 battles
  • [LETK] LETK

I've got a fantastic question. has the devloper team ever considered sub-premium tanks ( tanks you can acquire through pure XP,) for example, captured vehicle such as the Finnish Tanks. ( BT-42, KV-1, T-34B(not the american tier 8), T-34-85, Panzer IV's, StuG III G's ). vice versa with other nations. ( not to make it to long of a list but some other recommendations) German captured M4, T-34, firefly's. last segment for the question. is there any consideration to allow tankers to add equipment onto their tanks like rags, ammo boxes, logs, sandbags, historical unit emblems, and camo nets ( such as on the barrels, body, or turret?

apologies for the loaded question. 

Private_Public #48 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 36564 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostNobel_Wolf, on Sep 04 2018 - 12:18, said:

I've got a fantastic question. has the devloper team ever considered sub-premium tanks ( tanks you can acquire through pure XP,) for example, captured vehicle such as the Finnish Tanks. ( BT-42, KV-1, T-34B(not the american tier 8), T-34-85, Panzer IV's, StuG III G's ). vice versa with other nations. ( not to make it to long of a list but some other recommendations) German captured M4, T-34, firefly's. last segment for the question. is there any consideration to allow tankers to add equipment onto their tanks like rags, ammo boxes, logs, sandbags, historical unit emblems, and camo nets ( such as on the barrels, body, or turret?

apologies for the loaded question. 

i like the question!  Unfortunately, not in time to get into current Q&A batch.  However, once the current batch is answered, definitely ask this one for the next batch of questions!    Keep watch on the forums here, as the first answers batch from the most recent Q&A should be out later this week.

Double_O7 #49 Posted Sep 05 2018 - 19:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5250 battles

View PostPrivate_Public, on Sep 05 2018 - 10:28, said:

i like the question!  Unfortunately, not in time to get into current Q&A batch.  However, once the current batch is answered, definitely ask this one for the next batch of questions!    Keep watch on the forums here, as the first answers batch from the most recent Q&A should be out later this week.

When should we expect the next batch?

Private_Public #50 Posted Sep 06 2018 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 36564 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 05 2018 - 13:40, said:

When should we expect the next batch?

I'm hoping friday, because next week, my contact with the NA Staff - TragicLoss - is going on a week long vacation, so I am hoping she gets them to me before her well deserved break.

Double_O7 #51 Posted Sep 06 2018 - 19:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5250 battles

View PostPrivate_Public, on Sep 05 2018 - 17:12, said:

I'm hoping friday, because next week, my contact with the NA Staff - TragicLoss - is going on a week long vacation, so I am hoping she gets them to me before her well deserved break.

Cool. Looking forward to them! Thanks for doing this for us 

Private_Public #52 Posted Sep 06 2018 - 22:04

Major

• Players
  • 36564 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 06 2018 - 13:51, said:

Cool. Looking forward to them! Thanks for doing this for us 

spoke to tragic today.  The first batch of answers will be delayed while she is on vacation next week.  HOWEVER, this should mean that the first batch will have even more answers in it than usual.

Double_O7 #53 Posted Sep 07 2018 - 19:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5250 battles

View PostPrivate_Public, on Sep 06 2018 - 15:04, said:

spoke to tragic today.  The first batch of answers will be delayed while she is on vacation next week.  HOWEVER, this should mean that the first batch will have even more answers in it than usual.

Sounds good! I hope she has a good vacation. Thanks again 

docroberts #54 Posted Sep 09 2018 - 20:17

Captain

• Players
  • 19205 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

So why cant they ever fix the Grill 15 . After all they took my WT away and left us this pile of junk . A traversable turret would be nice after all and make it like the 8 and 9 in play style …. 

??? Tanker’s Day Q&A

Answered by Slava Makarov (Product Director), Andrey Biletskiy (Creative Director of World of Tanks) and Anton Pankov (Publishing Director):

* Work on crew skills are underway, no other news for now;
* Yes, tier V to VII tanks changes are coming (including T67). Stats will be revised (improved);
* WG is experimenting with bridge destruction/avalanches for the future;
* Cross-team chat return is not planned;
* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold;
* A new CZ prem will appear in the future;
* The T-103 USSR premium of VIII tier will appear next year. The devs have a cunning plan (supposedly a new line leading to the Taran according to rumors);
* A new trade-in campaign will appear;
* Devs don’t plan to change the Grille 15. They are content with it.
* The blogger battles will appear again, the event will be further improved;
* Old player incentives/encouragement – info in December;
* All changes implemented now are for VIII tiers, the lower tiers come next;

IchBinDerTankBuster #55 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 06:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18475 battles
  • [SCTN8] SCTN8

First:

* Cross-team chat return is not planned; - STUPID. You're ruining the game by not allowing compliments to the enemy for a job well done or to even greet a friend on the opposing team just because of a few butt heads- who you refuse to ban BTW.
* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold; TOTAL BS. I own a LOT of premium tanks and not a single one is too OP to use. The way the power creep keeps going most of the older premiums need to be buffed just to keep up.

That said: MM will NEVER be fixed until you add Player Rating into the calculation. All this crap about 3/5/7 and "tank weights" and everything else means NOTHING when you're the one good player on a team of 40%'rs - especially when the opposing team is a bunch of purple/blue/bright green players. You WILL be gang raped and that's just how it is. Matter of fact, I just finished a round where I happened to be on the winning side of a 15:1 wipeout that lasted all of 4 min 6 seconds. They had 4 good players and the rest were all sub 46% WR. Those battles suck for the winners if you're not in a fast tank because you can't hardly get to a place to shoot before it's over, so again, MM is the problem. I was in the Vk45.02B, so I got one bounce and one penetrating shot in for the whole round. I don't get why you can't bubble group players with some overlap:

under 3K PR, you only battle other players under 3K.

Over 3K under 5K, you only battle in that range.

5K and up battle 5K and up

That would also prevent seal clubbing as 5K+ rated players wouldn't get dropped into matches with noobs, wipe them out and make them want to give up - so it would sure help in the long run. Can't tell you how many times I've seen a purple player at tier 2 or 3 using his very skilled crew in a premium light to run rings around a bunch of rookies just to stat pad.

Edited by IchBinDerTankBuster, Sep 16 2018 - 06:51.

24cups #56 Posted Sep 16 2018 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 23096 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostIchBinDerTankBuster, on Sep 16 2018 - 00:49, said:

First:

* Cross-team chat return is not planned; - STUPID. You're ruining the game by not allowing compliments to the enemy for a job well done or to even greet a friend on the opposing team just because of a few butt heads- who you refuse to ban BTW.
* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold; TOTAL BS. I own a LOT of premium tanks and not a single one is too OP to use. The way the power creep keeps going most of the older premiums need to be buffed just to keep up.

That said: MM will NEVER be fixed until you add Player Rating into the calculation. All this crap about 3/5/7 and "tank weights" and everything else means NOTHING when you're the one good player on a team of 40%'rs - especially when the opposing team is a bunch of purple/blue/bright green players. You WILL be gang raped and that's just how it is. Matter of fact, I just finished a round where I happened to be on the winning side of a 15:1 wipeout that lasted all of 4 min 6 seconds. They had 4 good players and the rest were all sub 46% WR. Those battles suck for the winners if you're not in a fast tank because you can't hardly get to a place to shoot before it's over, so again, MM is the problem. I was in the Vk45.02B, so I got one bounce and one penetrating shot in for the whole round. I don't get why you can't bubble group players with some overlap:

under 3K PR, you only battle other players under 3K.

Over 3K under 5K, you only battle in that range.

5K and up battle 5K and up

That would also prevent seal clubbing as 5K+ rated players wouldn't get dropped into matches with noobs, wipe them out and make them want to give up - so it would sure help in the long run. Can't tell you how many times I've seen a purple player at tier 2 or 3 using his very skilled crew in a premium light to run rings around a bunch of rookies just to stat pad.

You realize that limiting mm as you suggest would mean 

a) long queue times 

b) you would most often be one of the worst on your team  (not taking a shot at you....I would be too).

Double_O7 #57 Posted Sep 21 2018 - 16:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5250 battles
When can we expect the 4th batch?

Lugia345 #58 Posted Sep 24 2018 - 11:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39315 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Sep 21 2018 - 15:25, said:

When can we expect the 4th batch?

Wouldnt we all like to know that?

Still didnt get any answer on NA -> EU

Allegra #59 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 10:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8142 battles
  • [W-S] W-S

View PostPrivate_Public, on Aug 17 2018 - 22:59, said:

Now, on to the NA Staff’s Answers.

CM = CabbageMechanic

TL = TragicLoss

What are the plans to help moderate in-game toxicity, and are there plans to help moderate it more heavily?

CM: We have implemented a monitored system that detects and punishes players who use inappropriate language (obscenity, hate speech etc.), and we still ban players regularly who are reported via the in-game reporting system.  I understand that using the in-game report system is unsatisfying, and that is something that should be improved, but it really does work.  The threshold to punish someone has to be set at a level where it is difficult to use maliciously, but each report stacks and if the behavior continues they will see escalating chat bans.  If you have an extraordinary example of toxicity (threats etc.), please submit a ticket.

TL: One of the best things you can do about in game toxicity, namely physics abuse and harassment/flaming, is report players using the ticket system (https://na.wargaming...n/products/wot/). This ensures it is looked over by a person. Due to our privacy policy we can't disclose actions against a player, but I assure you repeat offenders and players who get reported often are sanctioned.

<Snip>

CM: With all due respect, this does not appear to be working satisfactorily. 

TL: As for the privacy policy, in my experience, this is carte blanche for possibly doing something - or ignoring the issue.

Cheers 

Norseskald #60 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 18:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19221 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD
are you ever gonna fix the 2 key? or is it status quo?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users