★ A Guide to the New Store & Depot Interface ★

Guide Tutorial Interface Store Depot Gold Bundles Discounts The Scorpions Den Scorpiany

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Scorpiany #1 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 00:54

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33707 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

The new store & depot interfaces came to us by complete surprise; with many of us finding the switch mid-session. Quite a few things have been changed, with some things being moved around, some things added, and unfortunately a few things being completely removed.

We'll discuss all of the changes in the following order:

• Removed features
  • Store page
  • Depot page

Let's get started, shall we?

Removed Features:

Unfortunately, the new store & depot pages did remove several things. Here's what's missing with the new interface.

No Vehicle Recovery: You can no longer recovery your Premium vehicles through the store page. 

"But Scorp, how am I going to recover my Premium vehicles now?!"

There are two things you can do.

1) I found a workaround [Hyperlinked here] which allows you to still recover your vehicles by adding them to comparison, then opening vehicle Preview.

2) Customer Support will work with you to allow case-by-case exceptions to vehicle recovery, if you have run out of recovery exceptions for the year.

No guarantees through either method. My method only works for vehicles which were previously avaiable for recovery in-game, and even then some people still have issues.

As far as Customer Support goes, if you're like me and had 50 vehicles you could recover in-game, on top of your Customer Support requests, then of course you'd run out of exceptions for the year, since you planned to recover through the in-game interface. Customer Support has stated that they will work with you individual, on a case-by-case basis, to see if exceptions need to be made because of the lack of in-game recovery now. No promises however.

No buying ammo in bulk: You can't buy ammo in bulk anymore.

This was useful for people who used it as a credit-management tool. If you're wondering how this worked or made sense, you can read it here [Hyperlinked].

No filters for personal reserves: For some odd reason, WG decided that being able to sort your hundreds, if not thousands, of personal reserves was overrated.

Now, you have to manually scroll through the list in order to be able to find them. I'll explain this later, in the Depot section of this guide.

Store:

The Store page has mostly just been reorganized, however there are a couple of notable changes that were made.

• There are bundles offered for credits, at 10% off the credit price
  • You can't buy ammo now

Let's take a look at exactly what the store page looks like now.

You'll notice 6 tabs to your left.

• "Best" - You'll see sales, discounts, etc. listed here.
  • Gold - You can purchase from here, although ironically enough WG specifically told people not to enter payment info through this window.
  • Premium - You can buy Premium time using Gold here.
  • Vehicles - You can buy Premium tanks only here. Not regular tanks, nor recovery.
  • Consumables & Equipment - For some odd reason, this includes Bond items.
  • Bonds - Where you can buy items for Bonds, including equipment and directives.

Gold Page

This is the Gold page. It's pretty boring. You can buy your Gold through here, but you'll be prompted to choose a payment method - Which WG in their Store 2.0 UI video specifically stated not to enter any payment info from this screen.

So... This page is completely useless then. Just go to the Premium shop.

Premium Account Page

On the top of this page, you'll see discounts / bundles... They're usually not worth it.

Below that, you can buy Premium time as you previously could, using Gold.

Vehicles Page - Bundles

The vehicles page offers bundles on the top... They're all 10% off the Gold price. Would I buy them? No... Just wait for Premium tanks to go on sale.

Vehicles Page - Tanks

Slightly below that, you can see all the Premium tanks from the Tech Tree, listed for Gold here. This is more reasonable, but once again - Wait for discounts.

Best tab - Vehicle discounts

On the "Best" page, if you scroll down, you'll see this tab here - The ability to purchase tanks at a discount... Except, this works just like buying tanks from the Tech Tree would.

Vehicles tab - Regular discounts

The only difference is that they're all listed together from this tab. Why? Nobody knows.

Equipment Page

This is where things get interesting. From the equipment page, you can buy equipment as you normally would if you scroll down.

However, WarGaming has introduced Bundles for equipment, consumables, etc. ALL BUNDLES ARE 10% OFF THE CREDIT PRICE.

Equipment Page - Bundles

If we go to the bundle page, you'll find a bundle for pretty much any combination of equipment you could possibly want to use on your tanks.

Large Gun Rammer, Stabilizer Mk 2 and Coated Optics for example, would normally cost you 1.6 million, undiscounted. However, using the bundle, you only pay 1.44 million - A discount of 160,000 credits.

I do not know whether the bundles will be discounted during 50% off equipment sales. If they are, then buy your stuff from the bundles page - You'll save even more credits than ever before.

Even if you're purchasing at full-price however, this is certainly an interesting prospect. 160,000 credits may not sound like much, but that's enough to load up your new tank with ammo, consumables and buy a rental camo style... Or forgo the camo for Premium ammo, if you're one of "those" people. :hiding:

Bonds Page

And of course, there's the Bond page.

From here, you can buy Bond equipment as you normally would, as well as purchasing directives. However, there are bundles for both directives and equipment. As before, all bundles are 10% off.

This means that 100 firefighting directives only costs you 180 Bonds, instead of the normal 200 Bonds. 100 Stabilizing Greasers would cost 900 Bonds, rather than 1,000 Bonds. You get the pattern.

Bonds Page - Bundles

This is the first time we've seen any kind of discounts offered up for Bond items. 10% off for Bonds? Not bad.

If you're like me, and use directives, then this becomes a pretty good deal - Buying an enhanced Stabilizer would cost 5,000 Bonds on its own, and 100 Stabilizer Greasings would be 1,000 - So you're essentially getting 60 battles worth of extra stabilization for free. Not bad, actually.

Depot:

Well, time to cover the Depot. The Depot is a lot less interesting than the Store page was, but nonetheless, let's quickly cover it.

Modules, Consumables and Equipment

Selling equipment, modules, etc. is pretty normal. Just select the filter up-top, then find whatever you want to sell..

Selling Equipment

Same interface as before once you actually click the "Sell" button.

Selling Directives

It is worth noting that Directives can't be sold, but this isn't new to the updated store. Once you buy them, you're stuck with them.

Selling Vehicles

Selling vehicles is also fairly similar, although you may notice a new label now - "Refund amount".

All what the refund amount means, is that if you were to sell all of the equipment, consumables and ammo mounted on the tank, that's how many credits you would get.

And no, it doesn't give you any more credits than before. Reason my 113's refund amount is so high, is because I have Bond equipment mounted on it. Only an extra 600,000? No thanks WG, I'll just keep the equipment I spent 10,000 Bonds on.

Activating Personal Reserves

And lastly, we have the personal reserve interface.

​Unfortunately, WG decided that we don't need filters, because obviously nobody used those before.

Regardless of WG's poor interface design, all of your personal reserves are listed here. You'll have to manually scroll through and find the ones you want to activate, but beyond that, it's actually a relatively simple interface. All what's missing are the filters.

And there you have it! The new Store 2.0 interface explained!

I hope this was helpful for some of you! My next guide will... I don't know what my next guide will be on. I'm probably going to begin updating all of my old guides before creating any new ones, although the 1.1 update will be my next focus!

I wish to all of you the best of luck and fun, both in real life and on the battlefield, tankers.

Edited by Scorpiany, Aug 18 2018 - 01:10.

Scorpiany #2 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 00:57

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33707 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Award for the world's most creative title goes to... Practically any Forum Thread other than this one.

The dull & boring title aside, I hope this guide was useful for some of you! I placed most of the images in Spoilers, to save some space. Let me know if you prefer the Spoilers, or just want the images to be displayed by default!

NiteDog #3 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 01:17

Major

• Players
  • 27307 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Thank you for your hard work Scorp!

AndrewSledge #4 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 02:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31380 battles
One thing you missed...there was some part of the store where you could sell all your unused modules, etc by clicking one checkbox. I glanced at it, but with no filters, I'm worried I might sell a gun or radio that could be used in another tank up the line.

_Gungrave_ #5 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 02:16

Major

• Players
  • 42202 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

Great guide as usual +1 and I do think its stupid(but equally funny) that they didn't actually label the damn store menu to show you what each section is. You'd think at the very least they would label that for easy browsing when its something that will earn them money.

To be honest though I think the only guide we need is how to mass spam WG with mail telling them to revert the Store, Depot, and Missions menus back to their old style.

megatronx10 #6 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 03:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60864 battles
  • [STEED] STEED

Bravo Skorp, Bravo !!!

Very good explanation of the " New & Improved " store interface. I must agree with you on the option to buy ammo in "bulk" tho, that definitely needs to be re-instated, what were they thinking !!!!!!!!!!

I, as yourself will most assuredly miss that option, it was a very good credit management tool. For those who don't understand it, go to the Hyperlink Skorp posted, it's a very good explanation of this tool.

And this is for you Skorp... +1

Isola_di_Fano #7 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 03:55

Major

• Players
  • 21748 battles

I wonder if NA is the only victim of the new store ?

EU still has the previous version, I don't know about other servers ... ?

+ 1 for the guide

_Gungrave_ #8 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 04:07

Major

• Players
  • 42202 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Aug 18 2018 - 03:55, said:

I wonder if NA is the only victim of the new store ?

EU still has the previous version, I don't know about other servers ... ?

+ 1 for the guide

If other regions don't have it yet that means they're using the NA server as a test for it since they will get feedback and face a little less blowback.

coconut2011 #9 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 04:56

Captain

• Players
  • 56137 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

There is one critical feature that is missing in the equipment page, or I just couldn't find it.  Listings of existing equipments you have not on vehicle.  For example, I would like to keep 3+ optics in my depot when they are on sale.  Before, such information is available before I buy.

ThePigSheFlies #10 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 17:57

Major

• Players
  • 63937 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

hopefully by the time I can play again more regularly (assuming I actually want to) there will be mods to deal with missing items like filters for personal reserves.

not that I use them often anyway, but if I have to scroll through over 1600 of them in a stupid tiled window well, that's a boring game in and of itself...

One thing I will say, is that with the stupid giant tiled view, it almost makes it look like they're trying to dumb the game down enough to be played with feet on a touch screen...  I mean, we've all seen people that appear to be playing that way anyway, so I guess it makes sense.

Isola_di_Fano #11 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 21748 battles

View Postcoconut2011, on Aug 17 2018 - 22:56, said:

There is one critical feature that is missing in the equipment page, or I just couldn't find it.  Listings of existing equipments you have not on vehicle.  For example, I would like to keep 3+ optics in my depot when they are on sale.  Before, such information is available before I buy.

It is there, go to DEPOT, second item on the leftside is STOCK, then EQUIPMENT tab and voila, it tells you how many you have in stock.

sleeper_agent #12 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 05:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 21282 battles

Excellent resource for info.

Many thanks

I_QQ_4_U #13 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 05:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 17751 battles
The one thing I miss is you used to be able to see a list of all the tanks you had discounts on. Now you only see whatever the On Track is.

CasMassive #14 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 22:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8962 battles
God the new UI is just so hilariously bad. lol... The big [edited]pictures and [edited]bundles just piss me off so much, its like it was made by children for autistic children. ffs. WG, if anything, please for the love of god, get rid of the large icons. We are in fact not children. This isnt Youtube. We dont need a picture of a Wet Ammo Rack, or Additional Grousers, or a Cyclone Filter that literally no one will ever use ever, that takes up 25% of the usable space. make it sortable by "details" or "content"... and ascending, and descending orders. A search function maybe. You know... the BASIC STUFF THAT LITERALLY EVERY OTHER GOOD UI HAS. You guys fail at just so much stuff all ready. Dont give us more ammunition. We have so much all ready. :(

Das_Reaper_1 #15 Posted Sep 27 2018 - 20:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10606 battles
  • [W_C_V] W_C_V

Well done, Scorpiany. Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort creating this guide :great:

Edited by Das_Reaper_1, Sep 27 2018 - 20:57.

Also tagged with Guide, Tutorial, Interface, Store, Depot, Gold, Bundles, Discounts, The Scorpions Den, Scorpiany

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users