Tournaments completely screwed up.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Wyrmspit #1 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 22:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21640 battles
  • [BEEDO] BEEDO
I am just doing a little venting. Me and my team have been screwed twice this week on tournaments. First time it would not let my team login to get onto the team, so we lost our place because registration filled and kicked my team. Now on the 4 v 4 Resupply Rumble, the time posted all week has been 2100 est, and then today they change the time and none of my team was available 4 hours earlier than the posted time. I know that they reserve the right to change times, but the the tournament wasn't even full. 178 of 300 teams registered. WG is making it very hard to just play and have fun anymore. I understand that I am a crappy player, but used to still enjoy hanging with friends and having the rare good game. I really liked playing tourneys as I generally did better during them than pup matches. But now I can't even get into a Tourney to play. Come on, this just isn't right. If I pulled half this crap on my job, I would be canned. Venting over. Post hate now.

RC_1140 #2 Posted Aug 18 2018 - 22:37

Major

• Players
  • 64715 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
The correct time was on the forums. At first the tourney start time was the same day as registration start, which wasn't Saturday. Which is what made me look at the forum.

GenPanzer #3 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 01:07

Major

• Players
  • 45099 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostRC_1140, on Aug 18 2018 - 16:37, said:

The correct time was on the forums. At first the tourney start time was the same day as registration start, which wasn't Saturday. Which is what made me look at the forum.

Not everyone visits the forums, especially on a regular basis. The News portal is supposed to be their official news site. It should be accurate and held to a much higher standard than forums.

Wyrmspit #4 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 17:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21640 battles
  • [BEEDO] BEEDO
Thank you GenPanzer. That is my beef. If I go to the official Tournament site it should have the most up to date times and requirements. And changing times the day of is ridiculous.

TheDerpinator9000 #5 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 17:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19350 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K

Not to discredit you or anything, but I've made this mistake before:

Are you sure you didn't look at the tournament registration end date's time, as the time of the tournament? I did that by accident and only realised until one of my team members pointed it out to me, I know, it sounds stupid, but I managed to somehow.

Other than that, you are correct, it should be on the time that is stated and not changed on the day of without an explanation, and I haven't really heard of them just suddenly decide to change time randomly, (at least not without any explanation.) 

Though it could very well be what happened, maybe as a sudden reexamination of the page, they saw the time wasn't right? Anyway, I always remembered it being at 5 PM EST (or 17:00 EST as on the site) though I could be wrong.

Sorry, this post was meant to be a simple question but quickly turned into a theory type post.

TL;DR: Are you sure you didn't look at the tournament registration end date's time, as the time of the tournament?

Wyrmspit #6 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 20:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21640 battles
  • [BEEDO] BEEDO
Hey Derp, no I was not looking at the registration date ending. That would have meant the registration ending was 4 hours after tournament was supposed to start. Me and the team that signed up all looked on tourney page and it said 2100 est. Thank you for your question though, it is refreshing to not be blasted on this forum, your question was valid and not filled with hate and derision. I truly appreciate all the comments you have made on my posts over the week. I have used your templates more than once this week and they have been helpful. Thank you, you are a scholar and a Gentleman(woman) as the case may be.

TheDerpinator9000 #7 Posted Aug 19 2018 - 21:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19350 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K

Haha, not a problem man (Also the answer to your question as I didn't realise my profile says 'not telling' lol.) and I would rather spend my time helping those that I can than complain about things I did wrong, and thinking it's other faults. :P 

I do understand your frustration on the tournament concept as there is a lot more bugs and glitches / kinks that need to be worked out, however that comes with time.

A general note to keep in mind: I'm not sure if they're in on weekends, my presumption is they are organising to try and be around, (at least one of them) either on Saturday, or Sunday, though I could be wrong, (usually from what I've seen here and there, it would be Sunday.) So given time, I'm sure things will get better.

If you got questions, and I can answer them, I will, as why I try to :P Have fun in the Battlefields! (And not all teh flowers are clean on there!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users