wot tweaker plus

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

GN_78 #1 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 13:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Hi guys so i downloaded wot tweaker plus to compress wot's textures to improve performance on my mac. 

http://hjundaj.com/m...ot-tweaker-plus

Here is the mod. However, after downloading it, I could not run it as it said that Windows Applications are not supported on Mac. I tried opening Wot, clicking "run command", then selected the file but it then a pop-up appeared reading ," The command "/Users/joshuatung/Downloads/WoTTweaker/WoTTweakerPlus.1.0.2.exe" returned 255." Any ideas on how to install wot tweaker?

_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_ #2 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 13:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32611 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D
It seems that wot tweaker only works for Windows OS.

Nunya_000 #3 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 21033 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
You might want to edit out your name in the file path.

black_colt #4 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 15:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostGN_78, on Aug 21 2018 - 04:12, said:

Hi guys so i downloaded wot tweaker plus to compress wot's textures to improve performance on my mac. 

Here is the mod. However, after downloading it, I could not run it as it said that Windows Applications are not supported on Mac. I tried opening Wot, clicking "run command", then selected the file but it then a pop-up appeared reading ," The command "/Users/joshuatung/Downloads/WoTTweaker/WoTTweakerPlus.1.0.2.exe" returned 255." Any ideas on how to install wot tweaker?

View Post_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_, on Aug 21 2018 - 04:33, said:

It seems that wot tweaker only works for Windows OS.

GN_78,

_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_ is partially correct as the WoT Mac Wrapper does not allow any other stand-alone MS Windows app to run in its [wrapper] besides the World of Tanks game.

Running/installing a MOD directly downloaded from the developer directly - not the best thing to do. 

You run the risk of being sanctioned under the Fair Play Policy for running an illegal MOD.

Where do I download MODs then?

Wargaming has a MODs website - MOD HUB WORLD OF TANKS - https://wgmods.net

IMHO it is a very good start and Wargaming seems to be putting in a significant effort to make it relevant, concise, and extensive.  I recommend that you check it out.

While there is no explicit statement that you will not be sanctioned under the Fair Play Policy I suspect that you will not be. 

Why?

As only Wargaming can create and post the content on a webpage on that site then they are responsible for the content. 

For example - https://wgmods.net/46/ - this webpage states the following:

Aslain's ModPack contains only mods approved by the developers of Wargaming.

From the article posted on THE ARMORED PATROL - https://thearmoredpa...t-3/#more-65707

Would it be possible for us to get more detailed feedback from the validation team at WGMods, as well as an understanding of how exactly they test the mods we upload?

Anton B.:Yes, they do. There are two stages of testing. 1. Every new mod of new version of existing mods do not become available for download instantly after uploaded. First it’s premoderated by a special team (currently it is volunteers who are good with mods and have a lot of experience working with them) – they run basic smoke tests and make sure there’s no inappropriate content in the mod. As soon as the mod is checked, it becomes available to players. 2. (Optional step) Upon achieving a certain number of downloads, a mod undergoes more thorough stability and performance testing by our QA team. If any issues arise, it’s sent back to its creator for improvement. There’s a hidden feature in the backend to mark some of the mods as ‘trusted’. These mods will skip the usual testing procedure and become available instantly. We use this feature for our official mods and super-trusted mod makers whose mods are checked by our QA team prior to WoT updates anyway.

How to run a stand-alone MS Windows app in the WoT Mac Wrapper?

If you want more information on how to run a separate MS Windows within the WoT Mac Wrapper then you will need to reach out to CodeWeavers directly as they produced the WoT Mac Wrapper for Wargaming.

Edited by black_colt, Aug 21 2018 - 15:59.

GN_78 #5 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 17:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Thanks for the answers I think I’ll try the other ModPacks on the mod hub to try and improve performance. Thanks!

black_colt #6 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 18:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostGN_78, on Aug 21 2018 - 08:11, said:

Thanks for the answers I think I’ll try the other ModPacks on the mod hub to try and improve performance. Thanks!

Welcome 

FYI Aslain's ModPack is a great set of MODs - highly recommend that you check it out as it is updated regularly and easily installs with the [Run Command] after launching the WoT Mac Wrapper [be sure to select show preview checkbox - have forgotten to do that and needed to quit and re-run]

Hope this helps ...

black_colt #7 Posted Aug 21 2018 - 19:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostGN_78, on Aug 21 2018 - 04:12, said:

GN_78,

I have a CTO [Custom-To-Order] 2015 27-inch iMac 5k Retina [32GB RAM, Core i7, 4GB AMD R9 M395x dedicated video card, 512GB SSD] so the following might be relevant depending on your iMac specifications.

You may want to consider running Boot Camp and installing MS Windows on your iMac.

Why?

Because playing on the Common Test Server using the WoT Mac Wrapper is not for the faint of heart.  

Additionally you are able to run the HD client of World of Tanks [Wargaming has not approved for release the 64-bit version of the WoT Mac Wrapper that should allow the HD client].

It is a simple matter of booting into MS Windows and play on the Common Test Server or use the HD Client on the public version of the game ...

For those MS Windows bigots that come over and try to stir things up and say Macs do not the HD Client - The reason that there is no HD client for macOS is the fault of Wargaming for their lack of approving a 64-bit version of the WoT Mac Wrapper - not Apple.

Is it easy to run MS Windows on my iMac?

Actually it is real easy - you do not even need to buy to try.

MS allows you to download an ISO of the Retail-Version [you cannot use an Upgrade-Version with Boot Camp] and run without the need for an Activation Code for at least thirty [30] days [you cannot personalize during that time].  

If running MS Windows works then you just need to purchase an Activation Code through many on-line companies that offer them - usually at a significant discount over Amazon and purchasing directly from MS - to be able to personalize and get rid of the [nag] dialog boxes.

I have been dual-booting on my iMac since purchase back in 2015 - used to have a triple-boot [Linux, MS Windows, macOS but deleted the Linux partition] to great success.

Finally if you chose to run MS Windows natively on your iMac I highly recommend running/using the following right away:

Macs Fan Controlhttps://www.crystali...acs-fan-control - MS Windows does a poor job of managing the internal temp of the iMac and this free app allows you to correct that.  I have been using for many years to great success.

BootCampDrivers.comhttps://www.bootcampdrivers.com - Apple installs a custom video driver during the Boot Camp installation of MS Windows and trying to install the latest video drive from the AMD website can prevent you from using MS Window - trust me on this.

This website allows you to de-install that driver and install the latest AMD driver without issue. Again I have been using this for many years to great success.

Hope this provides some more options for you ...

Edited by black_colt, Aug 21 2018 - 19:35.

GN_78 #8 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 06:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I installed solo’s mod pack from the mod hub and it works fine. However, when I can’t use the wot tweaked plus tool that came with the mod pack. Do you think I can use wine to try to use the tool?

GN_78 #9 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 06:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Aug 21 2018 - 19:01, said:

GN_78,

I have a CTO [Custom-To-Order] 2015 27-inch iMac 5k Retina [32GB RAM, Core i7, 4GB AMD R9 M395x dedicated video card, 512GB SSD] so the following might be relevant depending on your iMac specifications.

You may want to consider running Boot Camp and installing MS Windows on your iMac.

Why?

Because playing on the Common Test Server using the WoT Mac Wrapper is not for the faint of heart.  

Additionally you are able to run the HD client of World of Tanks [Wargaming has not approved for release the 64-bit version of the WoT Mac Wrapper that should allow the HD client].

It is a simple matter of booting into MS Windows and play on the Common Test Server or use the HD Client on the public version of the game ...

For those MS Windows bigots that come over and try to stir things up and say Macs do not the HD Client - The reason that there is no HD client for macOS is the fault of Wargaming for their lack of approving a 64-bit version of the WoT Mac Wrapper - not Apple.

Is it easy to run MS Windows on my iMac?

Actually it is real easy - you do not even need to buy to try.

MS allows you to download an ISO of the Retail-Version [you cannot use an Upgrade-Version with Boot Camp] and run without the need for an Activation Code for at least thirty [30] days [you cannot personalize during that time].  

If running MS Windows works then you just need to purchase an Activation Code through many on-line companies that offer them - usually at a significant discount over Amazon and purchasing directly from MS - to be able to personalize and get rid of the [nag] dialog boxes.

I have been dual-booting on my iMac since purchase back in 2015 - used to have a triple-boot [Linux, MS Windows, macOS but deleted the Linux partition] to great success.

Finally if you chose to run MS Windows natively on your iMac I highly recommend running/using the following right away:

Macs Fan Controlhttps://www.crystali...acs-fan-control - MS Windows does a poor job of managing the internal temp of the iMac and this free app allows you to correct that.  I have been using for many years to great success.

BootCampDrivers.comhttps://www.bootcampdrivers.com - Apple installs a custom video driver during the Boot Camp installation of MS Windows and trying to install the latest video drive from the AMD website can prevent you from using MS Window - trust me on this.

This website allows you to de-install that driver and install the latest AMD driver without issue. Again I have been using this for many years to great success.

Hope this provides some more options for you ...

Thanks for suggesting this option however my MAC cannot play wot on windows as I have too little storage space(128gb) thanks anyway!

GN_78 #10 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 06:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Aug 21 2018 - 18:43, said:

Welcome 

FYI Aslain's ModPack is a great set of MODs - highly recommend that you check it out as it is updated regularly and easily installs with the [Run Command] after launching the WoT Mac Wrapper [be sure to select show preview checkbox - have forgotten to do that and needed to quit and re-run]

Hope this helps ...

Tried it works great however have problems in finding the wot tweaker tool I installed with it. Therefore trying solos as it has the same think

black_colt #11 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 16:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostGN_78, on Aug 21 2018 - 21:52, said:

I installed solo’s mod pack from the mod hub and it works fine. However, when I can’t use the wot tweaked plus tool that came with the mod pack. Do you think I can use wine to try to use the tool?

Yes and No ...

Yes if ...

If you install World of Tanks through Wine [requires downloading Wine, installing the MS Windows version of the game, make changes to the Wine bottle, and launch the game from Wine and not the WoT Mac Wrapper] then yes you should be able to run and tweak the game.

You can also download and try with CrossOver from CodeWeavers, install the game from the apps list, and then install the tool in the same bottle.

NOTE: I have not tried either so your mileage will vary.

No ...

As the WoT Mac Wrapper does not appear to allow other apps to be installed in the same bottle that it uses you cannot install with Wine and have the WoT Tweaked Plus tool work.

Suggestion

Personally I would try and make changes to the graphics settings in the game versus trying to manage through the WoT Tweaked Plus tool due to the difficulties in installing into the WoT Mac Wrapper bottle.

Hopefully Wargaming will approve the 64-bit WoT Mac Wrapper - IIRC CodeWeavers has been asking for months - which will eliminate the memory leak in the current WoT Mac Wrapper and should allow us to run the HD Client.

Hope this helps ...

Edited by black_colt, Aug 22 2018 - 17:35.

black_colt #12 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostGN_78, on Aug 21 2018 - 21:56, said:

Tried it works great however have problems in finding the wot tweaker tool I installed with it. Therefore trying solos as it has the same think

I suspect that the WoT Tweaker Tool will still not work as it is a stand-alone app and the WoT Mac Wrapper does not allow installation of stand-alone apps into the bottle it uses so it was not installed in the WoT Mac Wrapper bottle hence the inability for you to find the app.

Should you have questions on whether this is possible I strongly recommend that you reach out to CodeWeavers directly - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support - as they produced the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Edited by black_colt, Aug 22 2018 - 17:34.

black_colt #13 Posted Aug 22 2018 - 18:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostGN_78, on Aug 21 2018 - 21:55, said:

Thanks for suggesting this option however my MAC cannot play wot on windows as I have too little storage space(128gb) thanks anyway!

Welcome.

Things to consider ...

You can install MS Windows through Boot Camp on an external drive but it is not for the faint of heart - OR - you can install MS Windows on the internal bus and then use an external drive for the MS Windows apps.  I do that latter with an SSD in a ThunderBolt 2 external drive enclosure and it works great - no worries about disk space, etc.

Another option is to use an external ThunderBolt drive with an SSD with sufficient space. Install macOS and then MS Windows through Boot Camp on that external SSD. Just hold down the [Option] key at boot and select MS Windows.

GN_78 #14 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 06:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Thanks black colt for the advice! I’ll try your suggestions 

GN_78 #15 Posted Aug 23 2018 - 07:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I’ll try using crossover to run the tweaker using the 14 day trial. I only need it tright compress the textures.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users